Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Would you liked more about this chapter? (Multiple poll people)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Transformer Tsubone!

10 18.18%
  • Amane-Kanary relationship!

10 18.18%
  • The No-Chairman Faction

13 23.64%
  • Illumi Needled Army

20 36.36%
  • Killua being badass <3

32 58.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 328 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sachsenhesse's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 328 Discussion / 329 Prediction

nuff said

2. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Electricity, like poision, is probably one of the more uber elements of HXH. It's implied that a taser can pretty much knock out any human character that's not a Z in HXH if you somehow hit someone with one so it is probably extra hard to produce. On the other hand, for the Tsubone-mobile aura is clearly used just as a source of fuel with no other beneficial side effect, so I don't think there's anything too interesting about it. It looks pretty much like your standard 'more your burn more power you got', and since it's only good for speed, even if you can go say sonic speed by burning enough aura, it still wouln't offer a meaningful advantage in combat. And if the point is to get from place A to place B really fast, they also have planes in HXH (Killua was fighting tanks and planes during the Ant arc).

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member NoFreakingWay's Avatar
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

About the Grandma Butler Motorcycle:

From the way I see it, it's either Materialization or Emission.

Materialization because she Materialized motorcycle parts around her and she's probably just inside the thing, looking like Kamen Rider Black. It would make sense from the standpoint of a non-nen using person because if Non-Materialized aura as used she'd just probably look like she's running on all fours with her riders on her back.

My Emission viewpoint is basically the same as the one as my Materialization explanation. She just wraps herself in her on aura shaped like a motorcycle. So for non-nen users she should look like she's just running on all fours. The rotating aspect of the wheels would fit an Emission user because Reinforcement and Manipulation are its neighboring types, and both would immensely aid the rotation, when Tsubone herself is the one who uses her aura to move (since other people riding on her could opt to use their own aura to move, as said on page 4 of the chapter).

Why not Transformation or Manipulation?

I don't think it's Transformation because Transformation-shaped aura doesn't look too good (Zeno's Dragons, Hisoka's Bungee Gum, Killua's Lightning). It's not well-defined enough to at least reach the level of Emission-shaped aura (Razor's Devils) or Materialized aura (Kurapika's Chains, Deme-chan). The Biscuit-transformation can't be used as a basis here since Buff Biscuit is Biscuit's real form, and I don't think that Motorcycle is Tsubone's real form too.

I don't think it's Manipulation because so far, amongst the human nen-users, Illumi had the most radical shape change, and it wasn't as radical as the one we see for the motorcycle. If Grandma was an Ant I would consider it, but she isn't. I think that the motorcycle transformation is too painful to become a Manipulation-based metamorphosis.

As for Grandma's actual Hatsu type, I couldn't tell unless she says it or confirms it with the water glass test. We all know how some people fared fairly well using a technique from a distant type (Kastro).
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; December 13, 2011 at 06:40 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Really why is everyone this worked up over the type of nen manipulation of the old lady? Whatever type it is, we already know what it can do...unless some other ability is added later on. I personally found the zoldyck sibling rivalry and how the election got tied to it more interesting. I hope that zeno and silva will become active participants. If togashi indeed plans to end hxh with two more arcs after this, i hope that this will serve as a good build up arc for killua's role in the last arc...perhaps an all out family war between killua and illumi.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Emission doesn't shape Aura, man. It just let's it leave the body.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw a post elsewhere that suggests that Alluka's gender shall now be defined as "Alluka". Apply this for any characters of unknown gender (Kite, for example). I think that's easier than commiting to one gender knowing the next part of HXH will most likely prove you're wrong.

Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tombadgerlock View Post
    Emission doesn't shape Aura, man. It just let's it leave the body.
    How would Emission nen dolls take their shape then? Reiza's Devils would be formless if Emission couldn't shape aura. Therefore you can shape nen with Emission. Thought this was common sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

What makes Reiza able to shape his devils is his natural ability, second to his primary for emission, for manipulation since it's adjacent to emission ; his devils take fairly simple shapes.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The ability to shape aura is related to Transformation, actually. I made that mistake before. Now I see it this way, shortly:
    Intensification: Power, Transformation: Shape, Emission: Range, Manipulation: Control, Materialization: Matter, Specialization: Bitching.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MegamanX195's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Transformation is the one that is shape-related, as seen in the Biske Transformation training, where Gon and Killua shaped numbers.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Would it be belivable if I said that I was mistaken on purpose, trying to prove that common sense doesn't apply to something we don't understand/recall perfectly at any given moment ? ... ... totally forgot about Biscuit's training

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Fiji
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegamanX195 View Post
    Yeah, Transformation is the one that is shape-related, as seen in the Biske Transformation training, where Gon and Killua shaped numbers.
    Transformation really isn't needed for shaping every nen object. Shaping nen is in fact an integral part of Emission, because if you won't shape nen with Emission, all Emission-based attacks and puppets would be formless. You wouldn't even be able to shape a ball with your nen and throw it. Gon's Emission exercise never required Transformation to shape the nen ball. The other integral part of Emission is maintaining the shape of the emitted nen, otherwise it would dissipate.

I seriously think people has to re-read their HxH. No offense.
    Last edited by NoFreakingWay; December 16, 2011 at 04:40 AM.

Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, none taken on my part, I just feel like it's a shame for you to insist on believing that you understood correctly the complex concept of Nen (within which the pretty complex sub-concept of Hatsu). And when I see : "Gon's Emission exercise never required Transformation to shape the nen ball.", I wonder if you 're-read' the chapters involved before writing that. No offense either. It could be interesting for you to dive into HxH once again imho.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 328 Discussion

I don't take part in these discussions about nen exactely because of that... It is already complicated and I didn't read again after the hiatus.... So many things to do in real life! XP

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

New Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9