Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: DGM Chapter 211 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: DGM Chapter 211 Discussion/212 Prediction

No, the chapter will be out next month. This chapter came out in the February Issue; the March Issue will be out in February.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

DGM has been monthly for a little over 2 years. I fail to understand how people still fret over the fact that Jump SQ issues are published a month in advance. It happens every month without fail. And Hoshino's hiatuses are usually sudden, so they wouldn't announce it a month beforehand anyway. There simply wouldn't be a chapter in the next issue (I guess mangaka can do that when they sell an average of 1 million copies per volume).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Niko_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    DGM has been monthly for a little over 2 years. I fail to understand how people still fret over the fact that Jump SQ issues are published a month in advance. It happens every month without fail. And Hoshino's hiatuses are usually sudden, so they wouldn't announce it a month beforehand anyway. There simply wouldn't be a chapter in the next issue (I guess mangaka can do that when they sell an average of 1 million copies per volume).
    YEah, Every single month this question is made. "Omg, i'll wait 2 months for one chapter" it sucks D: I even saw people calling her lazy for it ¬¬
    visit my brazilian D.Gray-man fan site. - www.dgraybr.blogspot.com

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Lazy? See now that's one thing i can't see myself calling Hoshino seriously especially considerring the clear effort she puts in to the chapters and the story. Its sad but i read alot of shonen but hardly any of them seem to have the same difficulty level attached to them in terms of how they are structured. And let's not forget the awesome art we get chapter by chapter, artbooks, character books, reverse novels, oneshots etc. despite the fact that this woman is recoverring from a wrist injury which forced her to re-practice drawing.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: riki
    Let's get back on topic please. If you wish to discuss more about Hoshino, please do so in the Hangout Thread or make a thread. Thank you!

Anyway, it's cool to see Tyki and Wisely around. It seems like they were following Allen around and taunting him since Allen recognized Wisely's voice. The earl and the Noah family members are pretty clever to use Allen as bait so they can get rid of the Apo and maybe find information about the Heart.

It looks like Allen's transformation is beginning again, but knowing Hoshino, something or someone will stop it. I'm thinking it would be Timcampy or the power of friendship. LOL Other than that, I can only guess what will happen in the next chapter - Allen runs away or Johnny and Kanda will help him somehow. Of course, Tyki and Wisely are probably observing the whole situation and musing it the entire time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

....Or, since Allen just had to activate Crown Clown, and is running around in it, Apocryphos might find him next chapter. Though, i don't really see how allen has yet to be caught by Apocryphos.... I mean, we've been told by Tyki that Apo is fast and strong, and he was already on Allen's tail 3 chapters ago...
    Is it possible that while Noah are using Allen as bait for Apo, Apo is using Allen as bait for Noah??
    If that's true, it's possible that the two forces might pounce on Allen at the same time, forcing Allen to decide which side is the greater/lesser evil. If that happens, i feel like that would be the perfect time for Neah to break the tie....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Quantized's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_kun View Post
    YEah, Every single month this question is made. "Omg, i'll wait 2 months for one chapter" it sucks D: I even saw people calling her lazy for it ¬¬
    Not gonna call her lazy though, but I do find it lacking, nevertheless, it's better than nothing and one has to be thankful to even get her story to begin with.

What I do ponder about though, D.Gray-Man is phasing like the other big shounens, so, in other words, it's really, really many chapters in the past, a whole 211 to be specific. Lets assume we're between halfway, and a third left to go in chapters.

211 chapters, assuming we get 49 chapters normally a year, D.gray-Man would have been around for 4.3 years.
    Assuming the Manga was purely by monthly from the start, it'd taken through 12 months but assuming 10 chapters, 21,1 YEARS!!

Now if we're only halfway, to a third left, or who knows how much left, then that's between 17-21 years to go before we get a conclusion... MAAAN, I'm gonna be old by then!

Either way, I don't think it's gonna take so long, either we get normal chapters weekly again one day in the near future, or, it's end very, very soon, meaning within the near future the Earl will loose/die.

Thoughts on this chapter onto this? Do you think the manga will conclude any time in the near future, chapter vice?
    Last edited by Quantized; December 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shinobi's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    ....Or, since Allen just had to activate Crown Clown, and is running around in it, Apocryphos might find him next chapter. Though, i don't really see how allen has yet to be caught by Apocryphos.... I mean, we've been told by Tyki that Apo is fast and strong, and he was already on Allen's tail 3 chapters ago...
    Is it possible that while Noah are using Allen as bait for Apo, Apo is using Allen as bait for Noah??

If that's true, it's possible that the two forces might pounce on Allen at the same time, forcing Allen to decide which side is the greater/lesser evil. If that happens, i feel like that would be the perfect time for Neah to break the tie....
    I find it kinda funny that Johnny's deduction skills and Kanda's Moyashi sensor are faster than Apo ^ ^ , it could be that Apo has already found Allen and is tracking him, but hesitating to make his move for he knows he's gonna be attacked by the other Noahs just like last time, but now with Allen turning to 14th again he doesn't have an option but to step out, since for him his priority is Allen himself rather than luring the Noah,,

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: riki
    If you wish to discuss the manga's pace, please do so HERE. All off-topic discussion will be deleted. Thank you!

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member unknownymous's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I kind of see the next chapter to be something like this:

While Allen is down, Apo suddenly pops out of nowhere and goes blablabla to suppress the Noah memories. Then, when he makes a move on Allen, its Tyki to the "rescue". The both talk/argue(I imagine Tyki going team Noah and Apo guy going team 'The Heart') while fighting, and maybe just right before the fight gets really heated, Kanda joins the fray and goes "Beansprout, wadaell are you doing!?" Thus enter team Exorcist(not team Black Order for possibly obvious reasons).

Don't know about you guys, but I wouldn't mind this happening at all. Though insight about the 14th would be nice too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I also predict apo will show up.

Allen will then say "behotchplz" and have a dramatic battle where he will push how far he can go without going full Noah. Later Johnny will show up and passionately shout out his name like only a loving friend could do to bring him back to his senses, but not before a Noah says something obvious to the reader in the most sly and cryptic way possible. Probably something like "He can't herp without derping. *classy exit*".

I'm not very good at wording my predictions in a serious manner, but you guys can catch my drift. : D

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Would be a good timing for the 14'th to awaken, we have been waiting for it in a long time now (Black and White) and now Tyki foreshadowed it once more, and in the very same chapter, we see Kanda confront Allen wether it was his Noah or not who killed Link. Kanda really seems to have issues with the Noah on a personal level.
    So, now after all this running, after all this foreshadow, having Kanda in the middle of a struggle with himself about Allen turning into a Noah, would there be a better timing?

Imho, there could come a better timing, but it already seems really good... What will Kanda do / say if Allen semi transformed, still being somewhat himself but also more Noah than ever?
    Allen indeed seems to truly becoming dark and white now, D.Gray-Man - Gray colour, living up to his long seen foreshadow and manga name.

Tyiki: "Dance well" just screams that this time, Allen won't escape without some sort of transformation... and possibly, something evil will come his way same time, Apo possibly? As some suggest... Doubt the Noah's will make a move, they're probably already only watching him for now.
    Last edited by Quantized; January 03, 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Somalia
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what will Allen see if he gets the Noah memory?
    I want to know what the war is really about and why it started 7000 years ago, and I think it's in Noah memory.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Allen will see anything because the 14th didn't exist among the first generation of Noahs. Wisely and Skinn's transformations were quite different from each other as well.

Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    No, the chapter will be out next month. This chapter came out in the February Issue; the March Issue will be out in February.
    Wait, what? Am I misunderstanding something here?
    You mean the othervice cancellation was cancelled, and the February issue was pushed a month ahead in order to fill up the void of a "supposed" lacking chapter in the January issue?

I might just be reading it wrong, or bad translation
    http://mangastream.com/read/d_gray_man/79343045/22
    http://www.mangareader.net/dgray-man/211/21
    "Continue in March issue", means a break from the February issue right?

Maybe I'm just too tired and reading it all wrong despite attempting to get it right

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast