Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb

11 45.83%
  • Mediocre

11 45.83%
  • Pitiful

2 8.33%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 122 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity hakuthehedgehog's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

I thought Hysterias blades were pretty obvious is how they worked: Clare's problem was that she couldn't change direction: she couldn't control her speed: he was only able to when she awakened her arms and used them to stop: Hysteria's doing the same thing: she jumps, then shoots her spikes at the floor to pull her to the ground and/or to give direction, also, when she has to stop or to change direction on the ground, she stabs the floor with, coming at a full hault in an instant, something that's not possible with humanoid legs: that's why Hysteria's form is tailor made for speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Executor View Post
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understood that she uses to pointed end of her legs to gain traction on the ground. The spikes she shoots are not connected to Hysteria, meaning they can't pull her towards the ground though. After she gathered her yoki and shot towards the Death Divas, she did not touch the ground anymore.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 122 Disc/123 Pred Thread

Wow... I never would have expected Miata to get a resergence in discussion, laughs.

we've discussed Miata a long time ago... and I can't remember much, unfortunately, and I'm certainly too lazy to re-research about Miata and the Agatha battle.

but here goes, what I can say on the subject:

1. Despite the Org's plan of using the YSPs (Yoki Suppression Pills), Blind Galatea was able to Yoki Sense Miata and Clarice anyways, in fact Galatea went to meet them.

2. At this moment in time (the Agatha battle), Miata will label Galatea, Clare, and Miria as "Very Strong", while the other Ghosts (Deneve, Helen, Cynthia, Tabatha, and Yuma) as "Strong".

3. Rimuto himself as well as Rado both verify (debated) Miata as a rank 1.

4. Miata does display that she's a rank 1 with tearing to pieces NYs with her bare hands, nearly pulling over Agatha's giant pod body even as her hands were ripping off from her arms. Miata forces Galatea to use near 80% YR to match Miata in strength. Miata displays incredible speed too.

5. However, Galatea performs amazingly as well, too.

6. I don't think we'll ever know whether it was Miata's sword slice or Agatha's tentacles, which severed Galatea's arm off.

7. Miata was ORDERED by "Mommy" Clarice to execute Galatea, so Miata completely ignored Agatha, being a good little obedient girl. This allowed Agatha to destroy Miata's body.

8. Agatha targetted Miata's body, which would mean that Agatha saw Miata as the threat, the rank 1, that Agatha had to weaken in order to not get killed by Miata.

9. At first Galatea is a bit disappointed by the Org sending Miata and Clarice, and she only gives herself+Miata a 50 50 chance of defeating Agatha. However, Miata quickly displays that Galatea underestimated her, with Galatea admittingly saying Miata is powerful.

10. The YSPs might have worn off or they might have not. We can easily tell if Miata is YR'ing or not if the manga gives us a good look at her eyes, if Miata's iris is circular than Miata isn't YR'ing, if the iris is vertical cat-snake-like than Miata is YR'ing. the full YSPs do limit the power, and including their ability to Yoki Sense, but in exchange it makes them harder to be Yoki Sensed as well. However, when the YSPs are halved, their power is unhindered, and only when they go unconscience does their Yoki get suppressed-hidden from detection.

11. Galatea was obviously not fighting at her full power, like we saw when she fought Dauf alone, while Clare was going to rescue and De-Awaken Jean. Even her beloved Rabona as well as her life, doesn't come before her vanity, lol.

12. I think Miata just Re-Attached her hands (as can be seen by the tell-tale zigzag of Re-Attachment, seen throughout the manga), but this can be verified, by whether Miata moved to where her fallen off hands were, if she didn't, then obviously she did use Regeneration instead.

13. Offensive Types *CAN* Regenerate:

Rafaela was able to Regenerate, even the difficult eye, and Deneve seems to suggest that Helen can Regenerate too, but just couldn't Regenerate the difficult eye, that she had damaged-destroyed by the AF, Helen tried to Regenerate her eye, but couldn't, meaning Helen can Regenerate it would seem, along with Deneve yelling at Deneve to Regenerate (though this could be bad translation too).

Also, supportively, if Cynthia's and Yuma's Ability, is merely SUPPORTIVE Regeneration, that means that their "patient" is Regenerating, and they're merely enhancing their "patient's" Regeneration Ability. I can't remember though who all of their "patients" were, however, Helen was one of their "patients", so there's further support that Helen can Regenerate.

14. etc (My mind has stopped working, and I can't think or recall anything else at the moment)

-----------------------------------------

for me personally,

I think Miata is very powerful.

I think if had Clarice ORDERED Miata to kill Agatha, instead of first to execute Galatea, Agatha would have been dead in under a minute, hehe.

However, Galatea remains a mystery, because what if Galatea had "Ugly Faced", like she did against Dauf ??? Miata was pushing Galatea to YR (she had to Muscle Bulk her arm to parry Miata and/or send her flying backwards into the wall), but Galatea still wasn't using her "Ugly Face Mode", so maybe Galatea and Miata are equally rank 1's, who both individually could have pwned Agatha, if Galatea wasn't so vain, and if Clarice had simply ordered Miata to target Agatha instead... meh... who knows... the Agatha Battle is so convoluted, it's really hard to do any type of reasonable analysis that you can be confident of, lol.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 10:36 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member wing_gundam's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey - Im fairly new to claymore, but Ive caught up quick.

Im foreseeing Miria doing a partial awakening of the legs and possibly arms in order to fight Hysteria. It seems like a foregone conclusion. I dont think Priscilla or Clare is going to just show up and "save the day". Mirira is due for a powerup anyways since everyones flying in all of a sudden.

Devene - destroyed again.... geez. Shes so useless. Can she die for real this time...

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that Miria will finally let go of the guilt she bore after the war in Pieta. Although she did all that she could, she still felt responsible for the death of her comrades. Defeating Hysteria and the other Death Divas may free her of the burden she bares.

She has used a good percentage of her youki, but I don't believe it's to the extent that Clare used in Pieta. It's at that point that she'll finally gain the advantage over Hysteria. I honestly don't see the resemblence between Hysteria and Clare's half awakened Pieta form. Can someone please enlighten me on the matter?
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As best as I can understand it:

Miria is simply stating that Awakened Hysteria is a speed form

Clare as a Human Child, realized she needed speed against Priscilla, which also helped against Rigardo, hehe. Clare WANTED-NEEDED-DESIRED speed, and so she got her Awakened weird speed legs.

Hysteria is all about speed too, so when she Awakened, she Awakened a speed Awakened form. Miria is simply realizing this, that Hysteria's Awakened form isn't slow and clumsy... and Awakened Hysteria's just begun to demonstrate her speed, to the ill-fate of the Rebels, hehe.

-----------------------------------------------

The mind controls the Yoki which controls the Yoma flesh-body, including the Awakening and their Awakened form.

desiring intentionally-purposefully to Awaken, makes the Awakening that much more powerful.

as for the Awakening:

One Awakens into what they NEED-WANT-DESIRE

Clare: I need more speed! = weird speed legs
    Clare: I need more power! = HUGE CLAW of DEATH
    Clare: I still need more power! = HUGE BLADE ARMS
    Priscilla: Teresa is too powerful, I need more power! = her powerful Awakened form
    Priscilla: Papa, save me, I don't want to die! = her Regeneration Ability

and/or

One Awakens into what they're personality, behavior, and/or Ability-Technique is or reflects.

Ophelia the Snake
    Hysteria the Elegant Step (Speed)
    Rigardo the Noble but battlelustful Lion
    Isley the Commander
    Ribbony Riful
    Etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 30, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    I understood that she uses to pointed end of her legs to gain traction on the ground. The spikes she shoots are not connected to Hysteria, meaning they can't pull her towards the ground though. After she gathered her yoki and shot towards the Death Divas, she did not touch the ground anymore.
    But she can extend her limbs as seen in an attack parried by Deneve and this was probably what hakuthehedgehog was talking about.

As for her blades, what do we get by combining them with Anastasia's hair?
    Spoiler: an answer show

On a serious note though, I think it was just losing mass while maintaining the same horse power. Unless the holes have some meaning (hence my joke) it probably was it's only purpose (the holes were probably there so that they would be attached to her body and could be detached). If they were meant for a recoil effect she wouldn't lose them pointlessly as we've seen but used it well and not waste her movements and not attack anyone.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    The spikes aren't connected to Hysteria? I think they are, otherwise they would've seen the spikes on the ground: Hysteria shoots the spikes, gets pulled a little bit to the ground to evade then has the spikes return to her body.
    On that topic, anyone else think Naruto's the type of guy who would cry after sex?
    I fount it interesting that had Kushina not gotten knocked up, None of them would be in the current situation. She's more responsible for the Uchiha massacre then Danzo and co. Crap, Now Sasuke has a valid reason to use his hatred against Naruto.
    LMFAO

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Short Chapter. Wouldn't have been so bad in a weekly, but A bit irritating in a monthly. I wonder how much longer this fight is going to go? I hadn't thought of Hysteria using recoil from the spikes. It could help her air manuverability, but she's loose it when their all shot off. Actually what I thought was that maybe she's able to do something like magnetically attract and repel herself from the spikes. The recoil theory fits in more with Claymore's style though.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

If Yagi wants to make this believable, this can't be recoil from firing the spikes: they would create craters much bigger than that: I still think that the spikes are connected to her body and she's using them to maneuver in mid-air, then she pulls them back up: notice that the holes appear on the ground, but there are no spikes there.
    LMFAO

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This chapter is a bit irritating. Although the strength of the awakened Hysteria could
    have been expected like that, I think it's just too much. It puts the group around Deneve
    into a state of meaninglessness. Why that?

Like mentioned before the only way to solve the current situation is a half-awakening
    by Miria, because what else is left? The other 2 will probably kill eachother. So who is
    there to stop the awakened Hysteria?

Was that everything for this month? Seems short and breaks unnaturally.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Roxxane can kill Cassandra, so far, she was unable to even scratch Cassandra's heads, while Cassandra has the best technique ever for fighting awakened beings, and even the shrimps were able to cut off Roxxane's tentacles.
    LMFAO

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what can the Rebels do?

Miria, Deneve, and Helen can all finally, at long last, show us their PA (Partial Awakening) or FA (Full Awakening), GRR and RAWR !!!!

Awakened Miata with Soul Linked Galatea, and "Mommy Clarice" can show up.

Priscilla and/or Clare can show up

Raki (Awakens, lol) and/or Raftela can help out.

Cassandra, Roxanne, and/or Hysteria run out of Priscilla's Arm's Yoki, dropping dead.

Riful comes to save the day for the Rebels

Rubel Awakens and pwns Cassandra, Roxanne, and Hysteria

Rubel kills Dae, causing Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria drop dead.

Deneve quickly Regenerates her body, and proceeds to reveal her true power, pwning Cassandra, Roxanne, and Hysteria, all by herself.

etc...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 30, 2011 at 11:04 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

what can the Rebels do?

Miria, Deneve, and Helen can all finally, at long last, show us their PA (Partial Awakening) or FA (Full Awakening), GRR and RAWR !!!!

- Not possible

Awakened Miata with Soul Linked Galatea, and "Mommy Clarice" can show up.

- Not possible, but this is much interesting

Priscilla and/or Clare can show up

- Possible 70%

Raki (Awakens, lol) and/or Raftela can help out.

- Interesting, but i' dont think that this will appens

Cassandra, Roxanne, and/or Hysteria run out of Priscilla's Arm's Yoki, dropping dead.

- I dont'want to see this thing. Pleaseeeee

Riful comes to save the day for the Rebels

- Very...very....very impossible.

Rubel Awakens and pwns Cassandra, Roxanne, and Hysteria

- This is not bad

Rubel kills Dae, causing Roxanne, Cassandra, and Hysteria drop dead.

- Not possible

Deneve quickly Regenerates her body, and proceeds to reveal her true power, pwning Cassandra, Roxanne, and Hysteria, all by herself.

- Out of the reality

This is my funny opinion

Cassandra defeat roxanne and run to destroy hysteria.

Hysteria die under the power of cassandra.

Cassandra is hungry.

Cassandra see cinthya and... Oh my... shooooock....

The seven help cassandra to turn back at her human form.

Claire and priscilla never go back.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

So far, Cassandra seems to be the most powerfull awakened being: Half awakened Miria didn't even scratch her heads, and she retains the agility of the dust eater, which is a technique made to kill awakened beings.

So we have an abyssal one with a technique that is tailor made to kill awakened beings... seems to me Cassandra has an advantage.
    LMFAO

28. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast