Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb

    11 45.83%
  • Mediocre

    11 45.83%
  • Pitiful

    2 8.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 68

Thread: Claymore 122 Discussion

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Milkyway, Earth, U.S., CA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,171
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Unfortunately, it's hard to tell about Miata (and Galatea too) as the Agatha Battle was quite "corrupted" and thus extremely difficult to try to analyze, and thus lots of debate about it amongst us.

    Some consider Miata to be a rank 1, albiet an immature one (which further divides us as whether this deters her significantly or not in whether she can defeat whatever opponent one brings up), and some don't consider her to be a rank 1 at all (only potentially at best to become a rank 1 one after she matures).

    --------

    I had a bit different idea I brought up quite long ago now, lol.

    I find it interesting how Rubel "allowed" thee God Eye Galatea (who had already Yoki Synchronized with Clare way back in the Witches Maw Battle to reduce Clare's YR back down to save her from Awakening) to watch the Soul Link in action by A+B, and likely knowing that Galatea would also be disturbed by the inhumaness done to A+B by the Org, and Desert the Org. Now, I believe Rubel has some kind of role for Galatea with his Destroyer... but, there's also this other possibilty:

    Awakened Miata Soul Link controlled by Galatea (and probably Clarice would have to come along to) could come to help against the Org.

    on the flip side, however, Galatea truly does seem retired to her beloved Rabona. Also, the last thing Miria would want is a rampaging Awakened "Potentially a Priscilla #2" (Awakened Miata). Which could be why she ordered Miata to stay with Galatea in Rabona, as who better than Galatea to keep Miata from Awakening (It's like that Wood Element Anbu Black Ops guy, whatever his name, who stays with Naruto, to control the 9 Tailed Fox within Naruto). Obviously, Miria orders Clarice to stay behind too at Rabona, as she'd just get in the way, and Miata requires her anyways.

    So, who knows if Galatea, Miata, and Clarice will come to help or not. Whether as Awakened Miata with Soul Linked Galatea, or just normal Claymore Miata and non-Soul Linked Galatea.

    Of course, the other possibility is probably what Rubel wants... Galatea to Soul Link with the Destroyer "blob of 3-4"...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; December 29, 2011 at 12:47 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

    "I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

  2. #17
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Smile Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I think your overestimating Miata a bit. Remember how bad Agatha messed her up? Maita has the raw power, but she doesn't have the wisdom to properly utilize it. And i don't think Maita can solo an Abyssal without awakening herself.
    I respect your argument but I think you're forgetting several things here:

    1) Miata didn't show any of her true strength during that battle because she was on the pill. My goodness did that come out wrong. But it's also funny so I'll keep it. Anyway, Miata was taking yoki suppression pills and we're not talking about the recommended amount either. Recall that because Clarice and Miata were on a mission to assassinate Galatea (mmmm, UMMMMPF!!!) they needed the element of stealth. Galatea would have been able to easily sense Miata's extremely high level yoki so Clarice, by order of the MIB kept Miata drugged. Were it not for taking those yoki suppression pills, Miata's yoki, her strength, and her abilities would not have been reigned it the way it was and she was have curbstomped Agatha.

    2) Recall that it took all seven Ghosts to take down Agatha while Miata was able to hold her own even drugged.

    3) Also bear in mind that Miata's mental stability plays a major role in her performance as one of the MIB sort of indicated. Under normal circumstances and by that I mean, if Miata was "normal" she would be a number one. In the wrong mind however (her typical state in seems) Miata is a number four which seems to be a rank set aside for the crazies. But of course we all know "Nobody outcrazies Ophelia!!!" I find it hard to believe that Agatha, even awakened could have stepped to Miata were she not drugged.

    I understand your arguments Super Angillis but I think you're selling Miata short.
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; December 29, 2011 at 09:33 AM.

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Zero Phoenix I' agree whit you. Miata is the trump card. She never used her yoki at all, and have destroyed all the enemy in her way. Against aghata, she don't have used yoki, and just because it was inexperienced she was injured.

    Miata is a very fury. She have a incredible ability. The five sense + sixth sense. Fast regenerate. Sword or no sword, she kill everyone easily

  5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  6. #19
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I think your overestimating Miata a bit. Remember how bad Agatha messed her up? Maita has the raw power, but she doesn't have the wisdom to properly utilize it. And i don't think Maita can solo an Abyssal without awakening herself.
    Totally agree with this. There is a difference in potential and actual power.

    ---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Alisia View Post
    Zero Phoenix I' agree whit you. Miata is the trump card. She never used her yoki at all, and have destroyed all the enemy in her way. Against aghata, she don't have used yoki, and just because it was inexperienced she was injured.

    Miata is a very fury. She have a incredible ability. The five sense + sixth sense. Fast regenerate. Sword or no sword, she kill everyone easily
    Regeneration is an ability that requires yoki.

    Miata regenerates her hands in the battle.

    Nuff said.

  7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #20
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Thailand
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Chapter 122 is OUT!
    Here!

  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #21
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Quote:
    Regeneration is an ability that requires yoki.

    Miata regenerates her hands in the battle.

    Nuff said.
    Not during the battle. You know? Have you see miata using her yoki during the battle with agatha? Do you remember that miata have taken the pill to suppress her yoki?

  11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    This was a pretty cool chapter, Hysteria is mean for taking away any hope for them even though they just arrived. Although it is nice that Miria finally understands that things shouldn't be undertaken alone, despite her good intentions.

    Then the highlight of the chapter, Hysteria's speed. It appears those wings were just for show and actually just held her back. Meaning that Awakened Beings do not always benefit from Awakening. And although I liked the wings, it appears that getting rid of them made her more aerodynamic ironically.

    Now here is the confusing part for me. She appears to be shooting out those spike things to help her move in the air, which I did not understand at all. At first I though she was just rapidly jumping up and down, but then that wasn't the case. Then I thought she was rotating her legs like a helicopter, but that would just be silly. Does anybody have a clue as to what she is doing?

    Edit: Okay so apparently she is using the recoil of the projectile spikes to move? That last page made it confusing because she shot all three at the same time.
    Last edited by eefrit; December 29, 2011 at 04:10 PM.

  13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #23
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs Down Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Louvre View Post
    Regeneration is an ability that requires yoki.

    Miata regenerates her hands in the battle.

    Nuff said.
    Allow me to instruct you in the world of Claymore. I would thank HegemonKhan to leave my post untouched.

    Claymore require yoki for everything, maybe even lifting their swords because they're so heavy. The suppressor pills don't prevent Claymore from using yoki, it limits the amount of yoki they can draw out of their bodies. I mean use common sense. If the MIB needed Miata to assassinate Galatea they would need her yoki suppressed to the degree where she could get close to the target, but still have enough to finish the actually job. Assassination isn't Miata's speciality so she would only be able to get so close to Galatea before Galatea becomes aware of her presence. Miata would need to kill her before Galatea can mount an offensive. Now I wouldn't assume that someone using logic as simplistic as well, anyway I will elaborate.

    My argument is pointing out to you the fact that:
    1) The suppression pills suppress yoki. The implications of this are as follows:
    A. The pills limit the amount of yoki a Claymore can draw out. The implications of this are:
    I] While the Claymore is able to draw out some yoki, much (more than half probably) is suppressed by the drug.

    2) The organization would not have had Miata drugged to the degree where she couldn't draw out her yoki at all. That would kind of defeat the purpose of having her go after Galatea. On the reverse, the organization would not have allowed Miata to go after Galatea with her full store of yoki accessible to her because Galatea would be able to sense her which again, to point this out to you, would defeat the purpose of the MIB sending Miata to eliminate Galatea.

    3) It goes without saying that Miata could use some of her yoki. I'm not sure whose post you thought you were reading but I never said she couldn't. My point is that the amount of yoki Miata was able to draw on paled in comparison to the amount of yoki should would have had at her disposal were she not drugged.

    4) So let's review: It's a given that Miata could use some of her yoki. I mean do you really think the MIB would send Miata after Galatea if she was going to be completely deprived of her yoki? Now you missed the subtleties of my argument in regards to this but while I'm quite sure Miata did have some store of yoki she could count on it clearly wasn't much. Otherwise Galatea would have sensed Miata from miles away. Miata did not "regenerate" her arms. You don't seem to know nearly as much about Claymore as you think you do. Offensive types cannot regenerate limbs. They can reattach limbs that have been severed but regeneration is not possible. Miata is an offensive type and given that you view things as being oh so simple I trust you can figure out the issue with your argument and the state of affairs as they actually occured yes? Miata attached her limbs which does not require nearly as much yoki or concentration as regenerating them.

    Miata, under the influence of yoki suppression pills was neither able to A) Access her full store of yoki or B) Commit her full attention to the battle. Again, I don't expect you to understand all the subtleties of this great manga but the yoki suppression pills have some similarities to psychotropic drugs, at the very least they'll inhibit the brains normal functions. How? I'll explain this as well. Yoki is energy. Yoki is to Claymore what electricity is to human beings. Hints the term "ki" which is energy for the uninitiated. Because yoki suppression pills suppress, and get this, they suppress yoki, they are therefore suppressing the very same energy source that Claymore derive their strength from. Imagine if you took a pill that sapped your body of electricity. It's the same thing. And because electricity is the medium by which our brain transmits information to our body and receives information from our body that would be a big problem. It's the same with Claymore.

    Because of their training they are able to at least function under these conditions but fighting under the influence of such a drug is not really a good idea for them so please tell me, do you have any questions? Does anyone have any questions for ZERO PHOENIX?
    Last edited by ZERO PHOENIX; December 29, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Goral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    Poland
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Surprisingly, I liked this chapter (gave it a 7). Even though it was short it was action packed and at least Clare was mentioned. I'm hoping it's an omen of waking up the beast. We also know what wings were for. Their only purpose was to allow Yagi to give this chapter a cool title . I must give it to Yagi, it was a nice touch. Not only that, it was also a distraction so that readers wouldn't connect the dots and think about Clare's form and traction. Nicely planned Yagi, nicely planned.

    Spoiler: ramble show


    One other thing, I don't understand why Cynthia was even needed to calm Miria's youki. After all Miria could fight in such state for several minutes and not awaken so why couldn't she tone down herself? She had the will and strength to not awaken but not a will to step down? Is it really easier to maintain over 80% release than tone down? I know that beyond 80% Claymores should be able to go back but that was proven wrong long ago by several warriors.

    On a side note, Dr. Deneve looks a bit like a monkey with those ears :. Yagi could have at least made them smaller and not so protruding.

    Anyway:
    Dee > Cynthia > Anastasia > Helen > Yuma > Miria > Deneve > Nike

    Guess what I based my ranking on.

  17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    360
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    One of them (boy am I bad with names) said that she hadn't even released her youki in 7 years

    If she does she might be able to take her.

    Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #26
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Louvre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seville
    Country
    Spain
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    Words
    I think you're quoting the wrong person.

  21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  22. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    @Zero Pheonix

    Okay i'm a fan of Miata too but I'm going to agree with everyone else. Miata is not going to be taking on anything of the Abyssal rank on her own any time soon. My estimation is that as of her last appearance, a fully focused target focused Miata with no distractions could probably handle an awakened being with the equivalent power of 14 or lower with marginal effort at best(on the high end). I'd say that this would be roughly equivalent to a young Teresa at the same age.

    Now I know that sounds like a poor assumption of her power but you must remember exactly how parameter boosting awakening is. When it comes to raw attributes (speed, power, Yoki etc) An awakened number forty could probably take on an entire team of warriors from 15-4X depending on the teams composition and ability to work together. that's the kind of power up we're talking about with awakenings.

    (Opinion Disclaimer: Rosemary was not of the power of a number one class Claymore, but held the number in lack of a Claymore being any stronger then her current power. She was more akin to Rigardo or Agatha in terms of power.)

    The current Miata couldn't have beaten Agatha/Rigardo/Rosemary alone, especially Rigardo who used quite a specialized form of attack. Awakened number two's have been portrayed too often as "the strongest fodder" characters, they're put in to be sub-bosses to be killed but lets not forget the sheer difference in scale I spoke about. An awakened number two is ONLY surpassed in raw attributes by an Abyssal One or a number one with potential to surpass the abyssal level. you could think of them as standing at the doorway of AO power but lack the qualifications to cross the threshold into that next realm of power. If i put it in order it'd be something like this:

    Post Abyssal>abyssal>Rank2-10>Rank 11-4*

    Post Abyssal level candidates could considered "abyssal ones" who are limited by there human shape, size and physical features. It would explain why Claymores of this variety are like A+ students in nearly every aspect. Other claymores might match them in a single aspect or even be slightly better, but when the combination of all there attributes are pooled together they surpass everyone (not anyone, but EVERYONE not matter there number). Once the mold of the human body is broken all that latent potential is unleashed along with the boost of awakening and you have an existence well above an abyssal one. Teresa and Priscella were both candidates of this level

    I am in the camp of - Miata once she reaches a focused and with combat fully matured strength would be a candidate for the Post Abyssal level of power, in the same manner as Teressa was as a Claymore. Thus she would face roll just about everything in her path. I would even say that if she had a mature body and awakened even without mentally maturing she would rival Priscella in scope (remember Priscella was physically mature when she awakened even though not mentally)

    She has all the ingredients to be a utter bad-ass (and STILL be that adorable EE!) but she is no where near reaching them right now. Miata taking on an awaken number two at the moment is an impossible feat for her, even fathoming taking on a abyssal one is absolutely ludicrous. Do not despair however my brother Miata fans, leave your loli-con personality traits at the door and let her mature into a proper woman, and then we can talk about how epic our girl is.

    ------

    As to the chapter now translated. Hysteria made me smile and frown. she's smart enough to realize that wings are useless without aerial thrust to give her greater speed, even to the point where I bet she would not only cut them off but would probably never awaken to the point of growing them in the future. She's a real strategist and someone who understands her aspects exceptionally well...and she still hasn't gotten that freakin sword out of her throat?! I guarantee that is going to be the thing that ends up killing her. Someones going to get a hand on the handle and slice her head off with it...LAME!
    Last edited by SaphG1; December 29, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

  23. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  24. #28
    Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    99
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    I understand hysteria being able to jump from the ground to the air with a high speed, but how is she able to return to the ground with the same speed and to move mid air like that without wings?

  25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  26. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vigrid
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
    I understand hysteria being able to jump from the ground to the air with a high speed, but how is she able to return to the ground with the same speed and to move mid air like that without wings?
    This is what I want to know. According to other forums and Goral, she is using the force of the blades shooting out to move in mid-air. But the last page doesn't seem to show that well as she shot all three spike.

  27. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  28. #30
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,582
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Claymore 122 Spoiler Thread

    Yeah, I'm still confused on how this is supposed to work.

    Although, I guess we could say that Clare = Alicia + Hysteria.

  29. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts