Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate this chapter

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Superb

11 45.83%
  • Mediocre

11 45.83%
  • Pitiful

2 8.33%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Claymore 122 Discussion

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Re: Claymore 122 Disc/123 Pred Thread

if they are truely running on priscilla's yoki...then obviously that is a hint that priscilla will be drawn to them and clare as well.i think that these three are only here in the story to show the clare/priscilla power up...especially if they take out miria,deneve,helen and the rest,clare will go apeshit...

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams."

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaphG1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Claymore 122 Disc/123 Pred Thread

@Gnut

No they aren't running on Priscilla's Yoki. Priscilla's Flesh was incorporated into these three so that they would have a similar 'scent' muddled in with there own as Priscilla. The hope behind this Is Priscilla where ever she was would suddenly say "WTF, When did i have kids?" and come running.

Or in a more serious sense the owner of the arm would get wind of this 'scent' that was similar to its own and come too see what exactly it was. Roxy, Cass and Hysteria had there own Yoki, personalities, abilities and so forth after resurrection, they just happen to now be Priscilla flavored. Aside from this they have shown no gained attributes from Priscilla ( probably because they were already Claymores, unlike Clare who was human with the incorporation of yoma based material, of AF's who are human when AB material is added)

Dae, I'm certain could have still resurrected the three warriors without the arm but using the arm as a cover was a perfect way to keep anyone from guessing the truth, of his intentions, except for perhaps Rubel who is a touch smarter then then rest.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think your all forgetting someone who hasn't started fighting yet. Yuma! The way I see it this will happen...

Hysteria- "Foolish of you to throw your sword. You should have known this it would miss."
    Yuma- "Who said I missed?"
    Hysteria- "?!?"
    Yuma's sword comes down, hitting the sword in Hysteria's throat, causing it to cut apart her head.
    Yuma- "What goes up must come down."

Do wish this was a longer chapter/ had something else happen though. Probably going to be a short review for it when I get my review done.

What does it mean? It means your about to get your butt kicked!

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuma's getting "Bad-Bottomed", as seen by her against the "Lab" male Awakened... but compared to the HAs.... um, no.

You point out Yuma having improved, but I point out Deneve instead, hehe... grins
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Super Angillis View Post
    I think your all forgetting someone who hasn't started fighting yet. Yuma! The way I see it this will happen...

Hysteria- "Foolish of you to throw your sword. You should have known this it would miss."
    Yuma- "Who said I missed?"
    Hysteria- "?!?"
    Yuma's sword comes down, hitting the sword in Hysteria's throat, causing it to cut apart her head.
    Yuma- "What goes up must come down."

Do wish this was a longer chapter/ had something else happen though. Probably going to be a short review for it when I get my review done.
    That sword stuck on Hysteria's throat is a plot device, she will get killed by it one way or another. I doubt the person will be Yuma however. It's most likely done by somone that's fast enough to grab it and strong enough to cut it vertically, splitting Hysteria in half. Priscilla maybe...?

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes...maybe priscilla, or Claire. But where are they?

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wickedsmile's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Khorr:

I think you're spot on with the sword that is lodged in Hysteria's throat. This will be the cause of her demise. I don't think any of the current generation warriors or even any of the ghosts, half awakened Miria included, has the speed to grab that sword and deal a death blow. Miria managed to temporarily incapacitate her through subterfuge. Such tactics will most likely be the only recourse for our heroines.

Short of one of the other Death Divas turning on Hysteria, I don't see any other alternatives. Super Angillis, in his monthly review, remarked at how Hysteria failed to sense Tabitha. She might be the "Trump Card" as Hysteria cannot actively sense her youki. I wouldn't mind seeing Tabitha perform a feat that her mentor/captain could not accomplish herself. That act in itself would probably would prove effective if not more meaningful than physically punching Miria.
    I don't want to die. Even if that makeshift family was all nothing more than an illusion, doomed to someday fall apart. I so wish, so wish, it could have lasted the tiniest bit longer. - Norihiro Yagi

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No Trust Re: Claymore 122 Disc/123 Pred Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Khorr View Post
    That sword stuck on Hysteria's throat is a plot device, she will get killed by it one way or another. I doubt the person will be Yuma however. It's most likely done by somone that's fast enough to grab it and strong enough to cut it vertically, splitting Hysteria in half. Priscilla maybe...?
    There's no way Priscilla is going to show up this early in the game. It also wouldn't make any sense for her to use a sword to kill Hysteria. Priscilla can easily kill an awakened being with her bare hands so why would she use a sword for Hysteria? More than likely, Tabitha or Dietrich will be the one to finish off Hysteria. Tabitha did get the drop on Hysteria but so far Dietrich is the only one strong enough to split an AB down the middle.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alisia's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone must handle the sword in Hysteria throat. Someone like Dietrich. After that, she can split her in to beautifull part.

The sword is the key to defeat Hysteria.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what can Dietrich do? she just got a chuck taken out of her stomach.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    There's no way Priscilla is going to show up this early in the game. It also wouldn't make any sense for her to use a sword to kill Hysteria. Priscilla can easily kill an awakened being with her bare hands so why would she use a sword for Hysteria? More than likely, Tabitha or Dietrich will be the one to finish off Hysteria. Tabitha did get the drop on Hysteria but so far Dietrich is the only one strong enough to split an AB down the middle.
    I doubt it would be Tabitha or Dietrich. Dietrich is already seriously wounded, Tabitha already used up her trump card to slice of Hysteria's wings. Pulling the same trick would be rather lame I think. Also Priscilla can kill people easily with her bare hands, it doesn't mean she won't use it if she finds it convenient. She cut down Ilena with a sword.
    Last edited by Khorr; January 05, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ravenstar's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahh its a new year & it's good to be back.. and apparently so is my Anastasia..

But still no one gives her credit.. As if she's not part of the warriors fighting Hysteria.. I know it's unlikely that she saves the day but she exists, she is a single digit, she still is uninjured, she is an experienced fighter & she also has a good head on her shoulder like Miria

I'm now glad that she has now become an important part of the offense of Rebel Ghost Team combo.. I think its great that they expanded the possibilities for I hope the people who doubted her abilities, ingenuity & strength in battle will give her more credit.. she might not have a cool sword technique like most favorites but i think flight during battle is a cool ability too especially if you are as experienced fighter & strong leader as she is..

I hope she lasts long, gets a new ability/stronger & possibly half awakens too.. If she does she could be an excellent co-captain to Miria since i think they have the same traits & priorities as leaders.. And imagine the possibilities two offensive agility type single digit half awakened warriors fighting in perfect sync..

ok now i think i've rambled on too much about Anastasia..

i think Tabatha could help kill Hysteria although I'm pretty sure Tabatha already has a target on her head for the next to member of Rebel Ghost Team to be dismembered..

i think it's highly unlikely that Clare or Priscilla will be able to get to the battle and disrupt the current battle between Hysteria & the Rebel Ghost Team the situation doesn't seem dire enough since they are currently only engaged in battle with one Death Diva..

as for the possibility that Galatea might make an appearance.. I think it's likely since there is no more need to guard Rabona/Labona & she can monitor the Claire/Priscilla Blob from afar.. she might have sensed the destruction of the awakened factory.. I hope she loses the nun outfit & suits up for this occasion.. there is a great chance if she goes that she will survive since she's a deffensive type warrior.. i hope she half awakens too..

if Galatea goes.. Miata & her baby sitter Clarice will go..
    Although I doubt how long Miata will be an asset since she is not mentally stable.. if she's overwhelmed she will most likely awaken & add to the problem if the yoki synchronizers are unable to help her..

Desperation will lead to awakening as we have seen with Priscilla.. Priscilla has never lost (before she met Teresa) & i think so has Miata.. Even if you are stronger if you do not have mental maturity & stability the enemy who can use this weakness will most likely win..

& Clarice? They can use Clarice as bait since she still smells mostly human.. Saving her would be Miata's motivation..

Renee might also turn up..

Why I think the Death Divas are a blonde bimbos

1. Why can't Awakened Hysteria just revert back to her human form & take out the sword herself??

2. If Cassandra was hungry for human flesh & complains that everything around her tastes like sh!t why didn't she just pop open the organization headquarters like a pinata and eat the organization minions?

3. & Roxanne? Because she still hasn't done anything to impress us after awakening.. I had high hopes for you..

@Yagi.. why all the back story, a fitting personality ,playing with the twins, the potential to be unstoppable if you're just gonna make her inferior.. hmm

I WISH YAGI WOULD UPDATE THE DATA BOOK.. I'd like to see the data of the former no.1 ones as claymores, current warriors, ghost warriors before & after..
    Last edited by Ravenstar; January 17, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenstar View Post

But still no one gives her credit.. As if she's not part of the warriors fighting Hysteria.. I know it's unlikely that she saves the day but she exists, she is a single digit, she still is uninjured, she is an experienced fighter & she also has a good head on her shoulder like Miria
    Did you mention she was HAWT!?

I'm now glad that she has now become an important part of the offense of Rebel Ghost Team combo.. I think its great that they expanded the possibilities for I hope the people who doubted her abilities, ingenuity & strength in battle will give her more credit.. she might not have a cool sword technique like most favorites but i think flight during battle is a cool ability too especially if you are as experienced fighter & strong leader as she is..
    Did you mention she was HAWT!?

I hope she lasts long, gets a new ability/stronger & possibly half awakens too.. If she does she could be an excellent co-captain to Miria since i think they have the same traits & priorities as leaders.. And imagine the possibilities two offensive agility type single digit half awakened warriors fighting in perfect sync..
    Issue with that is Yagi will probably make her a side-kick for Miria and little else. Shonen are rife with failed opportunities for extensive character development and I don't think Yagi is going to break the trend on account of Anastasia.

ok now i think i've rambled on too much about Anastasia..
    Oh please continue.

think Tabatha could help kill Hysteria although I'm pretty sure Tabatha already has a target on her head for the next to member of Rebel Ghost Team to be dismembered..
    I'm not directing this toward you specifically but I think everyone is forgetting that dismemberment doesn't hinder Claymore as much during battles now as they did back in the first few volumes. I can't count how many times we've seen people lose an arm (Clare, Galatea, Miria), get their hands cut off (Miata), and Cassandra has shown us that losing an eye, an arm, and a leg really don't mean anything to one whose intent to kill allows them to play through the pain. Some people, not you my dear Anastasia fan number 2, but some people are all like, oh Dietrich is missing a chunk out of her side, and oh Tabitha is injured to. So what? It's like half of you people don't even read Claymore. Remember when Deneve was almost slice in half by Isley and just moments later she was fine? Any one of the back-up Ghosts are able to do the same so long as they don't awaken in the attempt. Hysteria dismembering her opponents does little if anything to take them out the game.

i think it's highly unlikely that Clare or Priscilla will be able to get to the battle and disrupt the current battle between Hysteria & the Rebel Ghost Team the situation doesn't seem dire enough since they are currently only engaged in battle with one Death Diva..
    My name caught on. Marvelous.

as for the possibility that Galatea might make an appearance.. I think it's likely since there is no more need to guard Rabona/Labona & she can monitoring the Claire/Priscilla Blob from afar.. she might have sensed the destruction of the awakened factory.. I hope she loses the nun outfit & suits up for this occasion.. there is a great chance if she goes that she will survive since she's a deffensive type warrior.. i hope half awakens too..
    Sounds like it's about to get sexy in here. Really sexy.

if Galatea goes.. Miata & her baby sitter Clarice will go..
    Although I doubt how long Miata will be an asset since she is not mentally stable.. if she's overwhelmed she will most likely awaken & add to the problem if the yoki synchronizers are unable to help her..
    I think even if Miata does awaken the team will be fine. There are at least two people there who know how to control another Claymore's yoki and with Galatea that would make three. Not that she would need any assistance in reining Miata's yoki but I just thought I'd point that out.

Renee might also turn up..
    And contribute nothing.

Why I think the Death Divas are a blonde bimbos
    Don't be hatin.

1. Why can't Awakened Hysteria just revert back to her human form & take out the sword herself??
    She's a bit smarter than that it seems. She's knows that if she reverts back to human form the Ghosts will massacre her.

2. If Cassandra was hungry for human flesh & complains that everything around her tastes like sh!t why didn't she just pop open the organization headquarters like a pinata and eat the organization minions?
    It's probably a fail safe Dae installed. You know, in the event the Dead Divas go apeshit (which they did, which Dae anticipated) they would not attack the MIB. It could also be that Cassandra is so drunk with power after having awakened that she just wants to mock Roxanne.

3. & Roxanne? Because she still hasn't done anything to impress us after awakening.. I had high hopes for you..
    Preach!

I WISH YAGI WOULD UPDATE THE DATA BOOK.. I'd like to see the data of the former no.1 ones as claymores, current warriors, ghost warriors before & after..
    I would much rather see Yagi release these chapters more than once a month.

25. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if Renee would have any value with the current battle, though she could still be used by Yagi (keeping her alive and have her show up at some point), as remember she met Raki, and said she'd tell Clare that she met him, should she ever meet this "Clare".

Frankly, with her speed, she seems to, if anything (include and aside at the same time with her part with the Destroyer), be merely the role of a "messenger", should Yagi still have her alive, telling Clare about having met Raki. As with the Destroyer, she has shown the ability to Yoki Synchronize, so she could tell Clare within the blob, about having met Raki and that he was with Priscilla... which could trigger whatever with Clare, lol.

-----------------------------------------------------

Dismembership still matters, as aside from the Regenerators, it's "risky" for Cynthia+Yuma to try to "heal" up the injured Claymores within battle. it does matter and hurt their combat performance, which might matter for the battle. We'll have to see...

But, otherwise, in general, you're right, as dismembership hasn't had too much of any significance (barring the blatant exceptions - Ophelia destroying Clare's own right arm, and Irene giving her own right arm to Clare, and other such exceptions, lol) in the manga or for its characters.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

She is one of my most fav characters in claymore and definitely top of current generation (followed by Dietrich then Audrey and the rest

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

it was already 'indicated' (during ghost vs male AB battle) that combining techniques in an exploitative manner will be a great boost for ghost team, seeing Anastasia be part of it is great - keep it up.. in the end we may have quite an army with unique specialty - combo technique - id like to see that happen

but i dont think (and this chapter proves it) it can play defeating role against AO - if you are not strong enough, numbers dont matter...

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZERO PHOENIX View Post
    Sounds like it's about to get sexy in here (Galatea). Really sexy.
    im hoping for that to happen for a long time now, i see there are many of us

---------- Post added at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

by the way,
    who else doesnt want any of the AO to die? i want everyone to live long enough to give us more fighting, i want to measure strenghts... + i absolutely want to see human forms of current AO - at least Cassandra has her human body, i miss Hysteria

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast