Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: i am new here and i have a question

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Anguilla
    Post Thanks / Like

i am new here and i have a question

i have been wondering if kurapica is going to fight and try to kill the spiders or not what do you think guys

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: i am new here and i have a question

after the whole Yorkshi incident, we never really heard something about him.
    Hard to say because of the struggle he had after realising that they werent as coldhearted as he thought at the beginning.

He never would have believed that they actually care about commerades, but Pakunoda did.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As long as Kuroro's nen remains sealed the answer is no. As soon as the nen remover has freed Kuroro his vendetta will be renewed. Kuroro is forbidden to have any contact with the Ryodan as long as the chain of judgment is in place. The other Ryodan were not supposed to know Kororo's nen had been sealed but he told Hisoki himself. Pakunoda had a judgment chain forbidden her from revealing that she knew, but she sacrificed herself to inform her comrades. Over the course of the Yorkshin arc Kurapica realized the Ryodan were more than murderers, with complex reasons for committing the crimes they did. In the end he chose to punish them rather than kill them. After Yorkshin he went to collect the eyes of his comrades, all sold to wealthy collectors. There is no doubt that he will resume his chase of the Ryodan shortly, the nen remover must have freed Kuroro by now.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member mrsticky005's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nano26 View Post
    i have been wondering if kurapica is going to fight and try to kill the spiders or not what do you think guys

How far into the series are you? Are you referring to the manga, 1999 anime or 2011 anime?

BTW these forums tend to be very spoilerific if you are not up to date.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    As long as Kuroro's nen remains sealed the answer is no. As soon as the nen remover has freed Kuroro his vendetta will be renewed. Kuroro is forbidden to have any contact with the Ryodan as long as the chain of judgment is in place. The other Ryodan were not supposed to know Kororo's nen had been sealed but he told Hisoki himself. Pakunoda had a judgment chain forbidden her from revealing that she knew, but she sacrificed herself to inform her comrades. Over the course of the Yorkshin arc Kurapica realized the Ryodan were more than murderers, with complex reasons for committing the crimes they did. In the end he chose to punish them rather than kill them. After Yorkshin he went to collect the eyes of his comrades, all sold to wealthy collectors. There is no doubt that he will resume his chase of the Ryodan shortly, the nen remover must have freed Kuroro by now.
    Kurapika chose to seal Chrollo's nen rather than kill him because had he killed him, Gon and Killua would have been killed. The point of this was to show that he cared more about his friends than his revenge, not that he showed sympathy for the Spiders.

You say the Spiders had complex reasons for committing the crimes they did. What more complex reasons? Yes, they're a more complex group of bad guys than most fictional bad guys (and that's why they're great antagonists), but they still steal and kill without good reasons. I don't think Kurapika's sitting around thinking "Hmm, yeah, now I got to know that Chrollo guy, he ain't all that bad. I think I'll call off my bloody vendetta against them for killing my family."

I think it's inevitable that Kurapika and the Spiders clash again. We're not entirely sure what he's doing now (though I don't know why they don't ask Senritsu when she last saw him), but he may be biding his time and focusing on getting stronger, or he may already be taking steps in the background. Though whatever he has been doing, he's not forgiven the Spiders.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Anguilla
    Post Thanks / Like

actually i am following the manga and both animes i am just thinking maybe now that leorio is back maybe kurapika will be next.
    and that makes my think about if he will come up with some new ability because the spiders already know about every thing he can do.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Kurapika chose to seal Chrollo's nen rather than kill him because had he killed him, Gon and Killua would have been killed. The point of this was to show that he cared more about his friends than his revenge, not that he showed sympathy for the Spiders.

You say the Spiders had complex reasons for committing the crimes they did. What more complex reasons? Yes, they're a more complex group of bad guys than most fictional bad guys (and that's why they're great antagonists), but they still steal and kill without good reasons. I don't think Kurapika's sitting around thinking "Hmm, yeah, now I got to know that Chrollo guy, he ain't all that bad. I think I'll call off my bloody vendetta against them for killing my family."

I think it's inevitable that Kurapika and the Spiders clash again. We're not entirely sure what he's doing now (though I don't know why they don't ask Senritsu when she last saw him), but he may be biding his time and focusing on getting stronger, or he may already be taking steps in the background. Though whatever he has been doing, he's not forgiven the Spiders.
    Well they are a group of forgotten ones which in a sense makes them commit crimes so that they'll be noticed, but at the same time they still have honor in their homeland to take the time to exterminate the ant problem. If I'm not mistaken the ants they eradicated had taken nest in their territory in which their people had turned into ants.

I think for Kurapica he may be in trouble, since Pakunoda did die if he is aware of it, then he knows that they know. When I was rereading the ant fight I tried to pay attention to all of the characters spider marks if they were visible but I think only one we saw was Shizuku's though perhaps showing her's was a misleading factor in the overall status of the spiders. I feel like it's having that tattoo that makes them susceptible to Kurapica's Nen abilities since he made it pretty obvious that he's familiar with the way the mark looks.

If the spiders removed their tattoos, would they still be affected by Kurapica's abilities, or would using the abilities kill Kurapica. I have a feeling it would kill him since there has to be a defining way to determine who's a spider. It's also possible that a vocal deceleration of saying they are a spider is also needed to make his Nen work. At the same time though it could also be a combination of them saying they are a spider and having a mark of the spider on them.

With who Kurapica killed we have the following:
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14085...hapter-76.html We see his mark
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14085...hapter-76.html Kurapica recognizes it as the Spider mark
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14110...apter-101.html What I ponder is has Kurapica ever seen Chrollo visually before this, I tried looking for it but this is the earliest I could find. With all the other bodies gathered there's a "confirmed" sense that they are all spiders.
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14128...apter-119.html Just noticed Shizuku was never shot so it could confirm that she just forgot to take off her tattoo since odds are it is a big requirement for Kurapica's ability to work.

But ya, if I"m not mistaken, the Judgement chain can be used on anyone regardless of if they are a spider or not, it only appears that the middle jail chain is used only on the spiders. So seeing as it was used on Chrollo it doesn't seem like he needs to see the spider mark before being able to use it, he just needs to know they are spiders then prolly as he uses it it scans their brain to see if they are truly spiders and if they are truly not spiders then he would die.

With that in mind, I honestly don't think they consider themselves spiders anymore, since they know the weakness to Kurapica's ability they can negate his middle finger by basically disbanding the spiders and calling themselves the Scorpions or hamsters for all they care lol. But as noted Shizuku is forgetful so she most likely forgets to remove it thinking that she won't be part of the group if it's removed.

In the ant arc where they were involved we see a newcomer
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14234...apter-225.html

From looking at the panels I didn't notice any spider mark on him unless it's on his thigh but I would say that's quite an odd place to fit it lol.

http://www.mangareader.net/207-14238...apter-229.html
    But ya, even when his torso is exposed we see no sign of the spider mark, yet he took the time to show Shizuku's spider mark
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14236...apter-227.html Fully exposed and
    http://www.mangareader.net/207-14237...apter-228.html the little detail added to it

But upon looking at all the other combatants we see no hint that they are even wearing the mark anymore.

--

But ya that's just my opinion on things as to why Kurapika hasn't made a move or can't make a move yet. Since it was heavily focused on the spiders, if they aren't around then he can't exactly use his middle finger, he'll have to hone his other 4 fingers to be able to fight them off. Though it could be related to the reveal of his index finger whenever that happens lol, while the middle finger may be a confirmation that they are a spider along with them having a mark of the spider on them. The index finger may be slightly less powerful but only work on people who have ever been spiders, so even if they are no longer spiders the ability will only work on them but it has the same conditions as the middle finger where if he uses it on someone who was never a spider he'll die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure Hisoka removed his tattoo as a sign of "I quit", not because the tattoo itself determines whether you're a Spider or not. After all, the tattoo Hisoka has was faked to begin with. Unless Kurapika's condition was "can only use ability on a guy with a Spider tattoo that has a number on it", his ability should only apply to people who are part of the organization. Whenever hse uses Chain Jail, it obviously references the target against some all-knowing entity that knows exactly who is currently part of the organization to see whether the condition triggers or not. It can't be anything based on Kurapika since he doesn't know the identity of many Spiders to begin with.

It can be inferred that most of the members wear their tattoo as a badge of honor so it is a very reliable method to identify the members, but it's not foolproof. It'd seem like members can quit the organization at any time, as Hisoka did, and Kuroro certainly can add/remove members. Therefore Kurapika's ability can simply be countered by someone saying, "I quit" after they get caught.

That said, I think Kurapika's more obsessed with the idea of defeating the Spiders as a concept as opposed to utterly annihilate it members. Like Killua pointed out, if his goal is to just kill the guys that consist of the Spider there are far more reliable ways than the Chain Jail. You can simply do say paralyze on touch (much weaker condition) instead, and then just kill the guys while they're paralyzed. If Kuroro decided to rename the organization to Jumping Frogs to counter Kurapika's ability, it should work for sure, but in that case I think Kurapika would consider it as a victory because that means the Spiders essentially disbanded to avoid him. We can see Kuroro also considers the pride of the organization above all else, i.e. it's okay for him or others to die as long as the organization lives. So, while his ability can be countered rather trivially, the point is that if some Spiders are so cowardly that they turn their back on the organization to avoid Kurapika, then this organization is already as good as dead even if that act kills Kurapika.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Ubogin participated in murdering Kurapika's people, but Kurapika was willing to let him go in exchange for info. Assuming Kurapika is a man of his words, is information really that useful? Kurapika is pretty much invinicible 1 on 1 versus any Spider. There is literally no way for a Spider to get out of Chain Jail unless they know the condition so it actually doens't matter what ability the Spiders may have. If it's 1 versus many, that's inherently risky and Kurapika would normally avoid such a situation, except when he's enraged and in that state he obviously doesn't think about consequences. Kurapika wanted to fight Kuroro + Machi + Shizuku at the same time without knowing anything about their ability, and at that point Gon and Killua are pretty much negligible help so it's 1 on 3 but that didn't stop Kurapika.

So I don't think Kurapika values information, at least not enough for that to be the same worth as the life of a Spider. He either won't lose (1on1) or he doesn't care when he's enraged. What if Ubogin just answered, "Actually everyone keeps their ability hidden so I really have no idea what their abilities are"? That's a very likely response but presumably Kurapika will keep his word, and it seems like he'll even let Ubogin go back since Kurapika only asked him to answer questions truthfully, and it seems out of character for him to say, "On second thought you better not go back to your friends either." So I think Kurapika values the fact that someone betrayed the organization for their life more than any potential info he may get out of it (which can potentially be nothing).

New Reply