Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
203. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

2 0.99%
  • 2 (Boring)

1 0.49%
  • 3 (Regular)

3 1.48%
  • 4 (Good)

54 26.60%
  • 5 (Epic!)

143 70.44%
New Reply
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: One Piece 650 Discussion

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 650 Discussion / 651 Prediction *Maybe no chapter this week (read OP)

If anyone has confirmed spoilers please PM a mod or admin to open the thread. Spoiler must be confirmed and a source must be linked to in the PM. The picture posted is not a legitimate, confirmed spoiler. Spoilers have not been posted at Arlong Park.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 650 Discussion / 651 Prediction *Maybe no chapter this week (read OP)

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    he can control the time,that is very frightening! I guess foxy's power is one of the strongest,in the next cover with miniadventures,we should see him. but we might see him defeated by BB and without his power,absorbed by the latter.
    Yeah he can control the time for about 30 sec , that's not very frightening but hey that's just my opinion
    To me the appearance of Foxy doesn't mean much , it just makes things more funny that's all ....i don't see why BB would be interested in his DF at all...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 650 Discussion / 651 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by NoLimit89 View Post
    No

Oda screwed up. People constantly gauge how much they fear a pirate by looking at their bounties. You don't get into a shichibukai by being an unknown who nobody fears. Boa didn't need a high bounty because everyone knew her as the pirate empress commanding a whole nation of pirates who made haki famous.

Crocodile on the other hand, apart from his logia abilities, doesn't have anything that indicates that he's strong, hence people would not have feared him prior to him becoming a shichibukai. Also, he was taken down by pre gear Luffy. That's equivalent to being able to get owned by less than a pacifista. And seeing how new world pirates are able to take on pacifistas, Oda screwed up.

He learned his lesson though, since he hadn't revealed Mihawk/Shanks/BB/WB/etc etc's bounties.
    It's not Oda's mistake, it's just Dragonball polluted readers. If you'd think about the whole system intelligently, you'd soon realize that WG is in no condition to assess the real fighting potential of a pirate. Not you, I'm speaking generally.

Not sure I agree on Crocodile not having anything beside his logia. A lot of Crocodile's past is still hidden from us. You don't just become a Shichibukai because you have a logia fruit. What if the person turns out to be a pacifist or some kind of a retard? It's obvious that the man stroke terror into his opponents wherever he appeared at one time. He also made a freakin Las Vegas and started the world's number 1 bounty hunting agency. In secret. He wasn't even afraid of going against WG.

I don't like seeing things like "he was taken down by pre gear Luffy". Pre gear Luffy was beaten 2 times by Crocodile. Probably would have died 2 times if it weren't for Robin and sheer luck. The only reason he lost is because he underestimated Luffy. Still, the guy was beaten and ended up in ID. Then he joined the war, and he's now free again, doing who knows what. I call that a survivor and that's the portrait Oda painted. Not some weakling who lost against pre gear Luffy.

Anyway, speaking about Pacifistas, Crocodile may as well be capable of dealing with them easier than most people. I'm trying to imagine how Pacifistas would move and fight while being filled up with sand.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

5. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 10 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is Oda doesn't show each persons strength in a dragonball or bleach or naruto type style. Character's strength is much more broad and there's not some standardized system on how it works like this person is stronger than this person who's stronger than this person. What we know is when a character is relatively strong vs when a character is relatively weak.

Its shonen manga, and a regular theme for ones with a battle element to them. The problem is that the series become stagnant unless the main protagonists become stronger themselves or face stronger opponents progressively. Oda breaks the norm of battle manga too by reintroducing antagonists over time so it makes trying to figure out "who's the strongest" and any system of strength thrown out the window. All we really have to go on is how the characters are portrayed in their battles and from conversations.

The marines don't seem to have much if any control in the new world. A pirate infamous in the "grand line" prior to enies lobby arc might be able to translate to a pirate infamous in "Paradise." It's very possible that a pirate whose name is well known enough to be recommended a shichibukai could be unknown in the new world. I picture the new world being a more lawless sea where pirates can rule islands like kings (with the yonkou ruling the most islands therefore establishing territories) so notorious pirates in the news and wanted by the WG probably isn't realy something that concerns them out there. It also explains things such as shichibukai not being in the new world, and why the WG just doesn't go to the new world to recruit some of them. Though we don't know this for sure, and it could easily change with marine HQ now located in the new world, its likely akainu will be campaigning to make WG and the marines a bigger deal in the new world, besides it would make it easy to keep them in the story when so far it seemed like they didn't really have much control in that sea.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bekromancer's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackLotus View Post
    The thing is Oda doesn't show each persons strength in a dragonball or bleach or naruto type style. Character's strength is much more broad and there's not some standardized system on how it works like this person is stronger than this person who's stronger than this person. What we know is when a character is relatively strong vs when a character is relatively weak.

Its shonen manga, and a regular theme for ones with a battle element to them. The problem is that the series become stagnant unless the main protagonists become stronger themselves or face stronger opponents progressively. Oda breaks the norm of battle manga too by reintroducing antagonists over time so it makes trying to figure out "who's the strongest" and any system of strength thrown out the window. All we really have to go on is how the characters are portrayed in their battles and from conversations.

The marines don't seem to have much if any control in the new world. A pirate infamous in the "grand line" prior to enies lobby arc might be able to translate to a pirate infamous in "Paradise." It's very possible that a pirate whose name is well known enough to be recommended a shichibukai could be unknown in the new world. I picture the new world being a more lawless sea where pirates can rule islands like kings (with the yonkou ruling the most islands therefore establishing territories) so notorious pirates in the news and wanted by the WG probably isn't realy something that concerns them out there. It also explains things such as shichibukai not being in the new world, and why the WG just doesn't go to the new world to recruit some of them. Though we don't know this for sure, and it could easily change with marine HQ now located in the new world, its likely akainu will be campaigning to make WG and the marines a bigger deal in the new world, besides it would make it easy to keep them in the story when so far it seemed like they didn't really have much control in that sea.

a classic example of what you are saying is that Buggy can avoid most of Mihawk, Zoro's attacks...That obviously doesnt mean that he is stronger than them....bounties are showing something deeper that just power, also about Foxy's case: He may have the ability to control time but he has no fighting power to take advantage of this ability so he is not so dangerous

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Uriel
    Guys, I will be out for Xmas so all mu duties (LOL) will be handled by supermods and admins. PLEASE PLEASE behave properly since they're bitches with no sense of fun.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 11 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    You've never seen that theory around here?, I've seen it atleast 3-4 times in various predictions and theories threads...Yea Akainu having a wife and kid though really doesn't fit him but who knows maybe he has as much passion in his marriage as he does in killing pirates <<
    anyway I doubt(and hope) bonnie isn't his daughter. I hope she was just someone very close to the marine or to the WG who has left,or someone who knows some secrets about them. she being a relative of that bastard isn't a smart idea

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rifles's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Strange, the first thing i thought was a reason linked to her ability.

I think the 5 great stars of WG use this power from time to time to rejuvenate themselves and so living forever.

I think that's why akainu was worried. Because searching for it must be an order with top priority.

I guess tenryuubito also use it... and maybe the reason why WG is completely corrupted

yop,

13. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

my assumptions were that her devil fruit was too valuable for the WG as well... it's an ability that the WG just has way too many ideas for it's use. This being said, i wouldn't put it past the WG using her as a guiny pig and just abusing her power. This could be why she resents the WG so much and why she became a pirate when she finally escaped them.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nibras View Post
    Much delayed chapter
    Not delayed, we usually get the double issues before they're even for sale in japan, so its more like we got the last chapter early and now have to wait twice as long for future chapters.

And regarding the buggy comment is what i'm saying. Buggy was going to kill Luffy in loguetown, but he survived to dumb luck. Doesn't mean Buggy is stronger than luffy, in fact with haki and gears on top of it poor buggy probably couldn't touch luffy now. An interesting side note about buggy though is Oda has said before if buggy trained to be stronger he could be one of the most powerful characters, so i guess he's only weak because he doesn't try to get stronger. Also his ability to survive and luck has become a strength of his as well, its not all muscles anyway. He just doesn't get credit because its sacrificed for comic relief. He's always been a sort of dark horse for me and i feel his potential is far greater than we've seen or will probably ever see because Oda prefers not to make him too serious.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Yeah he can control the time for about 30 sec , that's not very frightening but hey that's just my opinion
    To me the appearance of Foxy doesn't mean much , it just makes things more funny that's all ....i don't see why BB would be interested in his DF at all...
    ehi,that's not a point of yours : it doesn't matter whether he can use your power for 30 seconds or more,it's just that he was an idiot,but his power was awesome. not even the current science could keep up with his power,since it was wrapped in mystery. what if he has developed it and he can stop time whenever he wishes? he could do almost anything,and if he didn't do taht,perhaps BB will (develop that).

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the new one piece Episode 529.

In it madam shirley predicted that strawhat will destory the FI Island and end up in flames. I think that vision is of strawhat destroying the sweet factory.

It shows him surrounded by flames, that scene has not occur with the fight with hodi etc.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nfinitfx View Post
    Just saw the new one piece Episode 529.

In it madam shirley predicted that strawhat will destory the FI Island and end up in flames. I think that vision is of strawhat destroying the sweet factory.

It shows him surrounded by flames, that scene has not occur with the fight with hodi etc.
    Correct if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Hody and crew already destroyed the factory.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    What's so fearsome about Foxy's power ?? .I really can't see anything worth praising him for , he's just a character who's in this story to make us laugh , a filler character.
    And yeah bounties aren't given by pure strength alone , look at Luffy who has a bounty of only 400 after all he's done 2y ago (he punched a tenryuubito, broke into ID and out of ID freeing a lot of prisoners, participated at the war of the best at MF) . If we were to be fair Luffy's bounty should have increased by at least 200

If you're talking about Foxy's abilities, yes it is fearsome, it is how the user will use the ability to its 100% just like Crocodile said, only DF users who mastered their abilities will survive the Grandline..see Califa who had a fearsome ability but uses her power with only 10%, she lost to Nami..

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    Correct if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Hody and crew already destroyed the factory.
    daruma seriously damaged it but the candy factory is still there,even in the last chapter it was said that it was just damaged by hody's gang,that is daruma. therefore I agree with the fact that madame's prediction still has to happen.

New Reply
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32