Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Dressrosa's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I FEEL THE EXACT SAME.
    I honestly dont see how Sanada can be thrown so many power-ups in an instant. I dont see how he deserves No.2 at all. He isnt even that popular in those rankings. He was like outside of Top20 in the PoT last ranking.
    Sanada, I will tell you, is one of the most popular character now. He was outside of the top 20, yes, but that was four, five years ago. This year, in one Pair Puri article, the top 11-50 was revealed and he wasn't there. So it's safe to assume that he's in the top ten, which was supposedly revealed in the Volume 6 of Shin.

And Shin PoT Vol. 6, where he was on the cover, got on the top 5 of Oricon Charts. That's a feat since Shin PoT doesn't usually hit a top ten recently. Okey, one can reason that he might is not the reason why they bought it but still...

Konomi, also, seems to be fond of Sanada. You can see that in some of his interview.

So, Sanada getting a lot attention is understandable.

Okey, to be more on topic, I actually just don't like the idea of him facing against Shuuji this early, that is if the recent encounter between the two promises a match...

Konomi better show us first how and why Shuuji is no. 2 and what is really the deal with Sanada's aura. Them facing each other means one has to lose. And it would be quite disappointing to see either of them lose after all the hype.
    Last edited by Dressrosa; December 09, 2011 at 03:50 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Konomi will make Sanada win in the end, it's unavoidable.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuca View Post
    Sanada, I will tell you, is one of the most popular character now. He was outside of the top 20, yes, but that was four, five years ago. This year, in one Pair Puri article, the top 11-50 was revealed and he wasn't there. So it's safe to assume that he's in the top ten, which was supposedly revealed in the Volume 6 of Shin.
    Yukimura's name wasnt there. Fuji's name wasnt there either. They havent been handed insane power-ups.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing that Tokugawa was defeated by Byodouin a year ago, now I want him to got revenge on him by winning, Tokugawa has to finally defeat Byodouin.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

hoy guys do you believe that two players can share a plate?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TezukaKunimitsu View Post
    hoy guys do you believe that two players can share a plate?
    Nah, I doubt we would have people share badge No.s.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys just want to throw some senses here. Wouldn't it be better to sort this rank by league matches or something. I mean if this rank is all about who is stronger than who, then let's say Sanada end up facing Suuji, and ended up loosing. It doesn't prove that Duke is actually stronger than Sanada, or If let's say Akutsu win against that no.8 guy, doesn't mean Akutsu is still weaker than no.7.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    Guys just want to throw some senses here. Wouldn't it be better to sort this rank by league matches or something. I mean if this rank is all about who is stronger than who, then let's say Sanada end up facing Suuji, and ended up loosing. It doesn't prove that Duke is actually stronger than Sanada, or If let's say Akutsu win against that no.8 guy, doesn't mean Akutsu is still weaker than no.7.
    We Didnt say it did.
    And I agree with you there.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryoma can become No.4 and, personally, I see him equal or above Sanada, so having a lower rank doesn't mean that you're weaker (Yukimura, f.example)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Ryoma can become No.4 and, personally, I see him equal or above Sanada, so having a lower rank doesn't mean that you're weaker (Yukimura, f.example)
    Ryoma IS above Sanada. TnK has no equal so far.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Ryoma IS above Sanada. TnK has no equal so far.
    Yes, is above. I wonder if he'll use it again on his top 10 match, if he does it, the winner is decided (altough I'm afraid that Ryoga also has it)

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Yes, is above. I wonder if he'll use it again on his top 10 match, if he does it, the winner is decided (altough I'm afraid that Ryoga also has it)
    nah. Konomi went through the fuss of explaining its from having fun. Ryoga doesnt seem to be like Ryoma or Tezuka in character at all. Heck he was part of a gambling team in the movie.
    So far, Konomi has made his Movie personality canon. I doubt Ryoga will have TnK.
    I imagine he will have some other hack technique.
    Remember in the OVA, when he is denting a wall? Then he casually returns Byoudouins wall breaking serve? His ability could possibly all about power.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

He also has Twist serve that bounces to the side, but that shouldn't be a problem. Maybe he is like Yukimura and doesn't have any special technique or something, I don't know what Konomi will do.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

My idea for Ryoga's playstyle will be that he has a near perfect copy of Nanjirou's playstyle (sans Ten'imuhou). This will allow Konomi to give us more insight into Nanjirou (who is still pretty mysterious imo) and kinda delve back in to a theme from very early on in the 1st series where Ryoma's playstyle wasn't his own and was just slowly copying his dad's little by little.

Ryoga will sort of be a what if Ryoma never developed his own style of play and just continued to copy Nanjirou's and that's how I think Ryoma will defeat him.

It should be something like "you can never truly be great unless you develop your own style" sort of thing.

I imagine Ryoga to then have:
    Twist Serve (outside spinning and inside spinning depending on where he want's it to be, but I imagine his to have even more power like Matsudaira's Flower, but without the weird stance)
    Samurai Zone (With Tezuka gone, we need someone to be able to do this lol)
    Closed Eyes
    Nitouryuu
    (some super shot Nanjirou never revealed to Ryoma)

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    My idea for Ryoga's playstyle will be that he has a near perfect copy of Nanjirou's playstyle (sans Ten'imuhou). This will allow Konomi to give us more insight into Nanjirou (who is still pretty mysterious imo) and kinda delve back in to a theme from very early on in the 1st series where Ryoma's playstyle wasn't his own and was just slowly copying his dad's little by little.

Ryoga will sort of be a what if Ryoma never developed his own style of play and just continued to copy Nanjirou's and that's how I think Ryoma will defeat him.

It should be something like "you can never truly be great unless you develop your own style" sort of thing.

I imagine Ryoga to then have:
    Twist Serve (outside spinning and inside spinning depending on where he want's it to be, but I imagine his to have even more power like Matsudaira's Flower, but without the weird stance)
    Samurai Zone (With Tezuka gone, we need someone to be able to do this lol)
    Closed Eyes
    Nitouryuu
    (some super shot Nanjirou never revealed to Ryoma)
    If what you say it's true, then Ryoma should return everything except the super shot. I think that he won't have problems returning Ryoga's twist serve, he can deal with the Samurai Zone, the Closed eyes is a technique that he uses perfectly, so he'll know how to counter it, and Nitoryuu, nah, not much problem.

Then we have the super shot that will give him much problems to return. Personally, I think that Ryoga has Muga and has some door or anything, but I prefer a super shot that never appeared in POT and Shin. I just hope that Ryoma finally uses Muga in Shin and uses Hyakuren and Saiki, and Tenimuhou if it's possible, on his match with Ryoga. I have a feeling he'll use it, but after having problems.

New Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast