Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shin Prince of Tennis Chapter 67 and 68 Discussion/Predictions

Or why don't we have Irie getting crushed once for all with him going for No.11 spot against Yukimura?, it could be a great match.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Or why don't we have Irie getting crushed once for all with him going for No.11 spot against Yukimura?, it could be a great match.
    As much as I agree with you that this match could be a great match and I really keen to see that, If 'getting crushed' here means got pawnd by 6-0, well you and I are not in the same page.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    As much as I agree with you that this match could be a great match and I really keen to see that, If 'getting crushed' here means got pawnd by 6-0, well you and I are not in the same page.
    You can't say that Irie can actually defeat Yukimura, so the most plausible result would be 6-0 or 6-2 (if Irie gets serious). It would be a great match, but you expect that Irie will push Yukimura and that the match would end 7-6?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha not a 7-6 finish lol.

Im surprised ppl seem to be okay with Yukimura as No.11.
    I see Yukimura as above Akutsu and Marui, Kite, Kaido.

He is also above Echizen w/out TnK. Only Sanada is on his level when it comes to MSers so Im anticipating Yukimura going for a Top 10 place.

And as much as I love Fuji and Shiraishi, its as if Konomi is leaving them behind. Despite having Fuji get mopped by Tezuka, Konomi hasnt shown Fuji even with a racket since then.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Central African Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Yukimura's power is above many of players in first 10 except first four.

As for matches we going to see I have a feeling that Tokugawa will beat in close match Byodouin. Konomi already made him and Oni with Irie as the new major characters in new series. So Tokugawa will finally take N1 badge. As for Sanada and Tanegashima possible battle... it is safe to say that if those two will battle Sanada will win but I don't want this to happen. It is simple. Sanada doesn't deserve to be N2. Oni will possibly beat Watanabe in battle between "powerhouses". Ryoma VS Ryoga... close match with 6-4 score. Ryoma wins. So first ten:

1. Tokugawa
    2. Sanada
    3. Oni
    4. Ryoma
    5. Atobe
    6. Shiraishi
    7. Fuji
    8. Akutsu
    9. Marui
    10. Kite

Though I am not sure about last two. Possibly Kaido and Kirihara will take their place. We have Inui also. But there is a chance those guys will defeat their partners from 11-20.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Akutsu will be against Oomagari, and will take the No.6 position. Sanada will win against Tanegashima, and Echizen against Ryoga, becoming the new No.4. I don't think Tokugawa will win against Byodouin, but it'll be close. Not sure about Oni, but I think he'll win.

Oh, and Yukimura isn't better than Echizen, and I doubt Yukimura would stand a chance against a top four. Echizen can hit now 10 balls at the same time, which I highly doubt Yukimura can do, so I think it's safe to assume that Echizen surpassed Yukimura in basic tennis. Sure, he could yip him, but Echizen could open again TnK under those circumstances and whip him out. I agree he is better than Akutsu, Marui, Kite, Shiraishi, Atobe... , but he can't defeat Echizen. I hope he makes it to the top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by solomon585858 View Post
    It is simple. Sanada doesn't deserve to be N2
    Why not? Sanada is probably the second strongest MS (maybe below or equal to Echizen if we don't consider Tezuka), and his true potential was awakened during the hell training in the mountains, just wait to see the true power of his BA and see Shuuji crying on the floor.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 08, 2011 at 02:58 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by solomon585858 View Post
    . As for Sanada and Tanegashima possible battle... it is safe to say that if those two will battle Sanada will win but I don't want this to happen. It is simple. Sanada doesn't deserve to be N2.
    I FEEL THE EXACT SAME.
    I honestly dont see how Sanada can be thrown so many power-ups in an instant. I dont see how he deserves No.2 at all. He isnt even that popular in those rankings. He was like outside of Top20 in the PoT last ranking.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Akutsu will be against Oomagari, and will take the No.6 position. Sanada will win against Tanegashima, and Echizen against Ryoga, becoming the new No.4. I don't think Tokugawa will win against Byodouin, but it'll be close. Not sure about Oni, but I think he'll win.
    I think its crazy if Sanada is higher rank than Echizen.

Oh, and Yukimura isn't better than Echizen, and I doubt Yukimura would stand a chance against a top four. Echizen can hit now 10 balls at the same time, which I highly doubt Yukimura can do, so I think it's safe to assume that Echizen surpassed Yukimura in basic tennis. Sure, he could yip him, but Echizen could open again TnK under those circumstances and whip him out. I agree he is better than Akutsu, Marui, Kite, Shiraishi, Atobe... , but he can't defeat Echizen. I hope he makes it to the top 10.
    Yukimura stomped Echizen w/out TnK. Hitting 10 balls wont close the huge gap between Improved Yukimura and Echizen w/out TnK.
    It will close it slightly. Yukimura > Echizen w/out TnK. If Akutsu, Sanada and Tooyama can hit 5, since Yukimura at the time was above them, Im sure it wouldnt be too hard for him to do so. Remember how he returned Samurai Drive?
    Yukimura is the height of basic tennis in the series. I doubt Konomi would let Echizen get that far in basic tennis. Konomi has recently been all about the supernaturals in this manga.

Why not? Sanada is probably the second strongest MS (maybe below or equal to Echizen if we don't consider Tezuka), and his true potential was awakened during the hell training in the mountains, just wait to see the true power of his BA and see Shuuji crying on the floor.
    Konomi has not confirmed this... Back in PoT Konomi in an interview did say he felt Yukimura was the strongest. So I think its fair to say that they are Sanada is equal to close friend Yukimura.
    Tanegashima is No.2. I doubt we'll have an instant crushing.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Shuuji will be crushed, it will be a great match instead. Also, Yukimura hasn't improved, the dream he made to Fuwa wasn't improvement, Fuwa was very weak mental-wise, if Yuki yipped Echizen or Atobe, they wouldn't suffer any hallucination, and maybe he can it 5 balls, agree in that, but no way he can it 10. Tokugawa and Echizen are above him, and I doubt Echizen would get stomped again in case of a rematch, we don't know who will win on basic tennis without one being yipped and one using Muga, but as it is, Echizen is above him. Tell me then why Yuki didn't play a top 10 and Echizen did, and why Echizen will win against a top 4 and Yukimura wouldn't.

Hitting 10 balls requires abnormal arm speed and hand coordination, if you can do it then means you're very very skillful and very fast. I can't see Yukimura doing that without any training. Also remember, Echizen is the main character, Konomi won't put a player that he defeated in the past above him.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 08, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yukimura stomped Echizen w/out TnK. Hitting 10 balls wont close the huge gap between Improved Yukimura and Echizen w/out TnK.
    It will close it slightly. Yukimura > Echizen w/out TnK. If Akutsu, Sanada and Tooyama can hit 5, since Yukimura at the time was above them, Im sure it wouldnt be too hard for him to do so. Remember how he returned Samurai Drive?
    Yukimura is the height of basic tennis in the series. I doubt Konomi would let Echizen get that far in basic tennis. Konomi has recently been all about the supernaturals in this manga.
    Some speculative corrections:

1) We don't know for a fact if Yukimura was above Akutsu, Sanada, Tooyama when they were revealed to be able to hit 5 at a time. Akutsu couldn't do this until after he returned to Japan from training overseas. Sanada couldn't until after he had already lost to Yukimura and after some of the Mountain training. Kintarou is in the same boat as he didn't get 5 shots at once until after the mountain training as well.

2) We don't know that Ryoma without TnK, but with 10 shots is lower than Yukimura. If anything there is a chance that he is better since Yukimura even had trouble retuning 2 at a time (see Samurai Drive return).

If anything, if you can hit at least 5 shots at once then you have the potential to already be better than Yukimura. Also outside of Akutsu, the only Middle Schoolers who can hit at least 5 shots at once are in the Revolutionary Brigade (Kakumei-dan). Until Proven otherwise, we know Yukimura can only hit up to 2 at a time and thats with great strain (never officially confirmed at 2 at a time, but given how the art was drawn and the nature of Samurai Drive, I'm saying 2 at a time until proven otherwise).

With that in mind, then Yukimura's Yips Tennis probably won't work on those who can hit that many as his Perfect Returns cease to matter in the face of their ability to essentially do the same with even more balls and thus Yips would never activate.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, Yukimura hasn't improved, the dream he made to Fuwa wasn't improvement, Fuwa was very weak mental-wise, if Yuki yipped Echizen or Atobe, they wouldn't suffer any hallucination, and maybe he can it 5 balls, agree in that, but no way he can it 10. Tokugawa and Echizen are above him, and I doubt Echizen would get stomped again in case of a rematch, we don't know who will win on basic tennis without one being yipped and one using Muga, but as it is, Echizen is above him. Tell me then why Yuki didn't play a top 10 and Echizen did, and why Echizen will win against a top 4 and Yukimura wouldn't.

Hitting 10 balls requires abnormal arm speed and hand coordination, if you can do it then means you're very very skillful and very fast. I can't see Yukimura doing that without any training. Also remember, Echizen is the main character, Konomi won't put a player that he defeated in the past above him.
    That's a lot of assumption there.

There are many possibilities.

-Yukimura haven't improve, Fuwa is weak mental wise, and so somehow was hallucinated into having a skill he never have.
    -Yukimura haven't improve. Fuwa actually have mirror eyes. Yukimura yips was already strong enough to dominate number 11 of the 1st stringer.
    -Yukimura HAVE improve. Fuwa actually have mirror eyes. But Yukimura improved yips was too much for the mirror eyes, and the hallucination is caused from improvement
    -Yukimura HAVE improve, and Fuwa somehow was hallucinated into having a skill he never have (which I think is pretty dang unlikely, seeing that he's number 11). The hallucination is caused from improvement

You just assume that the first one is true. The manga have NOT stated that it is true. It is simply your assumption. It can be anything really. And I doubted we'll ever find out, except maybe in some databook.

The number of ball Fuwa can hit is not stated and anywhere mention in the manga, he might be able to hit 50, for all who care. Yes, most likely not 50, that's a hyperbole. But you shouldn't state no way he can hit 10 as a fact.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Until Yukimura proves it, he will be never be able to do it because, like Sai said, he had problem hitting 2. You can't just say he improved, the Yips don't have the same effect on all the people, the ones with strong mental will be less affected than the ones with lower, and that's true. Fuwa didn't think that he was blind and didn't have any fear, that led him to his self destruction.

I think you misunderstanded, I wasn't talking about Fuwa hitting 10, I was talking about Yukimura.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; December 08, 2011 at 06:13 PM.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Shuuji will be crushed, it will be a great match instead. Also, Yukimura hasn't improved, the dream he made to Fuwa wasn't improvement, Fuwa was very weak mental-wise, if Yuki yipped Echizen or Atobe, they wouldn't suffer any hallucination, and maybe he can it 5 balls, agree in that, but no way he can it 10. Tokugawa and Echizen are above him, and I doubt Echizen would get stomped again in case of a rematch, we don't know who will win on basic tennis without one being yipped and one using Muga, but as it is, Echizen is above him. Tell me then why Yuki didn't play a top 10 and Echizen did, and why Echizen will win against a top 4 and Yukimura wouldn't.

I know Echizen is the main character. Im saying w/out TnK is Yukimura better. Overall Echizen is obviously gonna be the best against anyone.
    Honestly, I have no idea why Yukimura is likely to not play a member of the Top 10. Konomi hyped this guy up so much, yet he is not even putting him up there.
    Regardless of the yipping, Echizen was getting stomped before he got yipped in PoT. So if his basic tennis skills improved, I dont see how it will prevent him from getting Yipped eventually. Yips is from all of your techniques being countered and you feel like giving up and BAM. You can no longer feel or see.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Until Yukimura proves it, he will be never be able to do it because, like Sai said, he had problem hitting 2. You can't just say he improved, the Yips don't have the same effect on all the people, the ones with strong mental will be less affected than the ones with lower, and that's true. Fuwa didn't think that he was blind and didn't have any fear, that led him to his self destruction.

I think you misunderstanded, I wasn't talking about Fuwa hitting 10, I was talking about Yukimura.
    "Yips don't have the same effect on all the people" is until Yukimura next match an assumption.

Here's the fact we know so far.

Pre-U-17 camp training Yukimura only use Yips on three people, Echizen/Sanada/Kintarou. It presented the same effect on all three.

After-U-17 camp training Yukimura only have 1 match so far, where Yips have more effect than usual.

The match with Fuwa can be due to weaker mental, or stronger Yukimura, we don't know that.

Now, you is assuming that Yips was always like that. And I am also assuming that Yips effect have increased after the training.

We're both assuming stuff. We both can't say that "that's true" without anymore evidence from the manga. My guess is that we'll learn how it is comes Yukimura next match. So I think we should put this matter to a rest, until pair puri or some databook or Yukimura next match, at least.

Also, Fuwa was at least know himself that he was blind for the first ball that went passed him. He then might attempted to use Mirror Eye after that but fail due to Yips stronger power. The match was cut short, so we can't really stated what's going on that's not actually in the manga.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's wait for Yukis next match, we can't explain it, maybe Konomi puts it up on a Pair puri, logic in Shin is useless lol

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi!,this is my first post i from Argentina!.So sorry if you dont understanme..
    I Think When the macthes vs the top 10 ends,the new members of the top 20 change his plackets,(assuming that the top 10 are those who put up),i think the list chane by this way

1. Tokugawa
    2. Yukimura
    3. Sanada
    4. Ryoma
    5. Oni
    6. Atobe
    7. Fuji
    8. Shiraishi
    9. Kintarou
    10. Akutsu
    11.Nioh
    12.Kite