Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Episodes: 11
    Aired: Jul 9, 2009 to Sep 17, 2009
    Producers: Bones
    Genres: Drama

Summary:

The premise of the project is the 70% possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. The anime depicts what would happen if an 8.0 earthquake took place.

The story centers on Mirai, a middle school freshman girl who goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in an instant. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.

Thoughts:

Especially interesting looking at the fact what recently happened in Japan. The havoc and panic among the city and it's people is well depicted and shows the horror of living through such an heavy earthquake. The plot-twist at the end completely shocked me but I assure you that everything makes perfect sense and that again Bones made a very interesting and good anime. Definitely a must watch for everyone who wants to know more about the events occuring around and after an heavy earthquake.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; December 07, 2011 at 03:47 PM.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

8.0 should be watch by anyone who is really interested to see how people go through an ordeal like that.
    I have a review over at Otaku Finder but I'll sum my thoughts up in this post.
    it is both touching and shocking. The aftershocks and the fear of people. Yet there is still kindness in such a situation.
    You all should know by now that Japan had been hit by a earthquake with a magnitude higher than this not just once, months ago..
    This anime is insightful..and it comes with a strong ending.

New Reply