Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippūden: The Movie 6

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NinjaStar's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippūden: The Movie 6

Quote Originally Posted by EMS View Post
    I watched the movie today and I wasn't really crazy about it, I mean it wasn't bad but it just got hyper so much that I expected it more from this movie..
    Where'd you watch the movie at?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.
    Last edited by NinjaStar; March 19, 2013 at 12:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it out yet, with english subs?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Nasser's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the Korean version and didn't watch it, have any of you found the Japanese one? If so, Please share

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Japanese version will be released on DVD at the end of April.

The Korean dub just premiered in theaters last month, and someone recently streamed a screener of it on afreeca.tv (Korean livestreaming site). The stream was recorded by someone else, and that's been available on Korean torrent sites for about a week now.

Personally, I really liked it. The first hour and ten minutes or so is pretty light on action, mostly focusing on some drama and comedy with the weird circumstances of the Genjutsu World. However, after Menma attacks Konohagakure the action really picks up and there are some incredible battle scenes.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

English subs!!!

Although, for some reasons, those subs are only available on the Korean dubs.
    Personally, I will wait for the Japanese dubs, but if you guys are interested, here's the link:

http://anilinkz.com/naruto-shippuude...-road-to-ninja

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member jalix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't bad. Some inconsistencies though... I thought it was a little 'cheap' how they made Tobi keep saying it was a test... almost as if that's supposed to help us, the audience, suspend reality about two people knowingly being trapped in a universe that isn't real. The whole thing sort of takes on a bizarre Matrix like quality. But some scenes were quite good. Other things were wildly inconsistent. It's like... you know when you have a dream, and you realize that some things in the dream can't possibly be real and that's when you realize you're dreaming, and in turn you wake up? That's how certain plot elements of this movie felt like to me.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member liangbi's Avatar
    Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

any news?
    "For every man there is a purpose which he sets up in his life. Let yours be the doing of all good deeds"
    PSN: triancirc

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It came out on DVD/Blu-Ray last Wednesday.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Zimbabwe
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=430386

FINALLY. Japanese audio. English subs. Good quality.
    And damn, I enjoyed the movie.

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hatsuyuki released Bluray rip. Off to watch it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jalix View Post
    It wasn't bad. Some inconsistencies though... I thought it was a little 'cheap' how they made Tobi keep saying it was a test... almost as if that's supposed to help us, the audience, suspend reality about two people knowingly being trapped in a universe that isn't real. The whole thing sort of takes on a bizarre Matrix like quality. But some scenes were quite good. Other things were wildly inconsistent. It's like... you know when you have a dream, and you realize that some things in the dream can't possibly be real and that's when you realize you're dreaming, and in turn you wake up? That's how certain plot elements of this movie felt like to me.
    Do we know if it *really* is a Genjutsu and not a created Dimension? One of the anime eps had RTN Sakura going to the real world, which seems odd for an illusion, my biggest gripe in the movie Menma being a rogue Ninja yet no one really reacting much to Naruto and going along with him being Menma, I'm not sure if I just missed something or the subs I saw were bad but that bit was confusing.

Other than that I really liked the movie and I was very impressed by how Menma fought, he made Naruto and even Pain look like trash most of the time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Phoenix946's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty nice movie indeed, much much better than most other movies. With a story like this you're bound to have a bunch of weird stuff and inconsistencies. What I enjoyed seeing most was how Naruto dealt with this world. Especially that moment where he hesitated to hug Kushina back but did so in the end, I thought that was really well done. The fighting was also not too bad, not the usual Naruto getting beaten up to a pulp for half the movie and then finishes with a magic Rasengan. Ok, he did finish with a Rasengan and that part was ridiculous, but meh.

I wanted to see more of Hinata though

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Xiraiya View Post
    Do we know if it *really* is a Genjutsu and not a created Dimension? One of the anime eps had RTN Sakura going to the real world, which seems odd for an illusion, my biggest gripe in the movie Menma being a rogue Ninja yet no one really reacting much to Naruto and going along with him being Menma, I'm not sure if I just missed something or the subs I saw were bad but that bit was confusing.

Other than that I really liked the movie and I was very impressed by how Menma fought, he made Naruto and even Pain look like trash most of the time.
    It's a limited version of Infinite Tsukuyomi. Tobi said that the illusion was perfect, but distortions were created when Naruto and Sakura were inserted, similar to the way a rock creates ripples when it's dropped into a lake.

Nobody knew that the Masked Man was Menma, he disguised his identity with a mask and, presumably, a perpetual Henge no Jutsu to alter his hair.

I've said it before in an earlier review, but the first half of the movie is pretty mediocre. Too much focus on humor, and a lot of missed opportunities to showcase the fighting styles of the Genjutsu World counterparts.

From the moment Menma attacks Konohagakure the quality kicks up and the fight scenes are incredible.

Still, I can't help but wishing to know more about the alternate Genjutsu World, even if it was only a brief illusion cast by Tobi.

There is a drama CD that was released along with the film, Road to Charasuke, which is apparantly about Alternate Hinata scheming a double date with herself and Menma and Sakura and Sasuke, set on the morning after their arrival in the illusion.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Xiraiya's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    It's a limited version of Infinite Tsukuyomi. Tobi said that the illusion was perfect, but distortions were created when Naruto and Sakura were inserted, similar to the way a rock creates ripples when it's dropped into a lake.
    Nobody knew that the Masked Man was Menma, he disguised his identity with a mask and, presumably, a perpetual Henge no Jutsu to alter his hair.
    Yeah but my issue is, how did no one notice he had vanished? It seems like he went rogue awhile ago, much like Sasuke did in the real world, how did no one know about all the stuff he could do? It would be like RTN Sasuke visiting real Konoha now and no one blinking at the fact he's there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Menma...Oh my god! Menma. This dude, is what Naruto SHOULD be. He's now one of my favorite characters in the Narutoverse. He's just awesome, I freaking love this dude. The personality, the appearance, the skills and best of all...Dai Rasen Ringu

If only Naruto can be half as badass as this man.

Overall, the movie was good. Would've been subpar had it not been for Menma. The time line was beyond missed up. Still entertaining.

New Reply
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast