Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Shippūden: The Movie 6

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Suzaku's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Shippūden: The Movie 6

The Masked Man / Tsukuyomi version of Naruto is named Menma (メンマ). Note: Menma is a common topping for ramen, made out of fermented bamboo shoots. Menma is voiced by Takeuchi Junko, but with a deeper, growling voice compared to Naruto.

The movie's big battle is Naruto and Kyuubi versus Menma and Black Kyuubi and features shamisen music playing in the background (one fan called it a battle of a hundred shamisen). This seems to be the one part of the movie that's generated the most buzz.

---

There's a scene where Sakura returns home to an empty house with the only sound being a dripping sink, which is apparantly quite poingnant and helps her understand a bit more about Naruto (illusion Sakura is an orphan).

---

Some reviews are starting to show up online. Apparantly the movie's tone is a bit closer to Part I, with a mixture of action and comedy. It seems that there's also actually not a whole lot of fighting in the movie. The general consensus seems to be that it's a fun and entertaining movie.

---

A more detailed overview from a blog... Menma's mannerisms aren't too different from Naruto's. Illusion Kakashi is extremely enthusiastic as we know, but he also tends to enthusiastically overuse his sharingan. Illusion Neji does indeed use his byakugan to spy on girls in the bath house. Illusion Sasuke gives Sakura flowers and says some sweet things to her, but it's later shown that he says the same things to all the girls. Illusion Tsunade doesn't have her characteristic overwhelming strength. The city of Konohagakure also has a somewhat different layout.

The first major fight scene in the movie is Akatsuki versus Naruto's allies from Konoha in a forest, right at the start of the movie. It's an impressive big battle between two large united forces.

In the illusion world, Akatsuki isn't a criminal organization but rather a mercenary organization. They show up suddenly to provide support for Naruto and Sakura, leaping down from a cliff overlooking the battlefield. Their fight scene isn't that long, though. I'm not sure, but based on previous information on a scroll called the "Akatsuki Record," I think the organization is hired by Minato, Kushina, Kakashi, and Gai.

The final battle of the film is Naruto and Kyuubi versus Menma and Black Kyuubi. It's a huge battle and apparantly the big highlight of the movie.
    Last edited by Suzaku; July 28, 2012 at 10:30 AM.

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

So is there info regarding Naruto's condition (plus Sakura's) after the Limited Tsukuyomi ends and they returns to the reality.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I've read, after the illusion is broken they simply return to normal with their memories of the illusion world erased.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    From what I've read, after the illusion is broken they simply return to normal with their memories of the illusion world erased.
    Well thats good in a way i guess, because after reading how the story for the movie was turning out, i could only imagine one thing and that is seeing Naruto who has returned from the illusion to find himself alone once again and ending up breaking down and crying without any control over himself and Sakura standing there without being able to do anything for him.

Well that kind of thing would be considered as a Sad Ending which i guess they wouldn't want to use in a movie which mostly children would watch.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay, someone has posted a rough summary/review of the entire movie, which I'll try to organize here. It might not be completely accurate since it's a summary of a summary that someone wrote when they got home after watching the movie, so there are likely some details that are missing, in the wrong place, or that weren't remembered correctly. So just keep that in mind.

At the start of the movie, Naruto and the rest do battle with the "false Akatsuki" in the forest outside of Konohagakure and defeat them. Afterwards the shinobi return to the village and go into their homes, reuniting with their families and talking with their parents. For Naruto this is difficult, as he has no family. Naruto and Sai end up going home together. Naruto meets up with Iruka and they go out for ramen. Afterwards, Naruto decides to go back to his house to get some money to pay for the meal, and on the way to his apartment he sees Sakura run out of her house after having a fight with her parents. The two end up going to the park where they encounter the Masked Man, who uses a "finite" version of the Infinite Tsukuyomi on them.

Then suddenly Naruto and Sakura are in an alternate reality created by the illusion. Naruto and Sakura cross paths with Hinata, Kiba, and Shino, who are all behaving differently and have different personalities. Naruto and Sakura feel like something strange is going on. While walking down the street, they meet Ino, Shikamaru, and Chouji, who are also all different. For the first time, they hear that Sakura is the daughter of the Fourth Hokage. Sasuke is also back in the village somehow.

Everyone ends up going to the public bath house to relax and hijinks ensue, with a plot that's somewhat similar to the Road to Naruto the Movie special oneshot chapter, in which illusion Hinata taunts Sakura about her small bust, Neji peeps on on the girls, and Rock Lee gets blamed and is beaten up by Hinata. Afterwards, Naruto and Sakura decide to go home.

However, Naruto can't find his apartment. He's walking through the streets around dawn when purely by chance he runs into Minato and Kushina who are returning from a mission, along with Gai and Kakashi. It seems that Tsunade had sent them out to track down a scroll left behind by Jiraiya. Kushina and Minato recognize Naruto by a different name, Menma, and seem to have recently had something of a falling out with him. It seems that Naruto had been acting out and going through a rebellious phase and ran away. Now that he's "back home", he's in big trouble with Kushina, who is still upset about his behavior.

Meanwhile, Sakura finds her home empty and lonely. In this world she's an orphan, as her parents died protecting the village. So she now begins to understand Naruto a bit better. As she leaves the house, a mysterious man in a fox mask suddenly attacks Konohagakure along with several other enemies, and they kidnap Sakura. We learn that Jiraiya's scroll was the Akatsuki Record (here, Akatsuki is written with kanji meaning "Red Moon" instead of "Daybreak"). The Akatsuki are a neutral mercenary organization of some sort. Naruto witnesses the kidnapping.

Naruto tracks them and shows up to rescue Sakura. The Masked Man summons the Four Sacred Beasts (Seiryu, Suzaku, Byakko, Genbu), the Golden Snake (Kinhebi), and the Priests (Hokuto-sennin, Nanto-sennin, Tennyo, and Shinigami). Naruto and Sakura are overwhelmed and about to be defeated when suddenly the mercenary organization Akatsuki shows up, having been hired to provide them with support. Itachi rescues Sakura, and the various members of Akatsuki quickly defeat the masked fiends. With their help, Naruto is able to drive back the Masked Man and uncover his identity.

The Masked Man looks just like Naruto, except he has wild black hair and is named Menma -- he's the illusion world version of Naruto. It seems that he's allowed the evil influence of the Nine Tails to eat away at his mind and corrupt him. Menma summons Black Kyuubi and Naruto does the same thing, and there's a big, long battle between the two.

After the battle is finally over, Minato and Kushina rush not to Naruto's side, but to Menma's. Naruto turns and says farewell, returning to the real world with Sakura. Back in reality, they're found by Sakura's parents, who had gone looking for her after their argument, and were on there way to tell Tsunade that she was missing. Sakura is now eager to return home and spend time with them.

Naruto is left to return to his empty home, but the light to his house is on. When he goes inside, Iruka is there, and says "welcome home, Naruto."

The end.
    Last edited by Suzaku; July 28, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

6. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that seems a tad lame. Just like with every movie of this nature for the franchise, their memory is conveniently erased by the end of it. Also, this movie made the alternate Naruto seem like a douche bag. He was acting rebellious and ran away? What kind of crap is that? Naruto's entire reasoning for possibly betraying the village is the fact that he has no parents. He and Sasuke were in the same boat, that is why there roles would be so easily reversed, or at least that's how the author described it. in this universe however, he has his parents but rebellion is what leads him to become an S-ranked criminal, Seriously?

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meeedoooz's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish i could see it now, anyway thanks Suzaku for the review... does anyone know how the movie was received ? i mean if it is a hit in terms of sales and if people really liked it
    a story that can reach the hearts of people all around the world no matter what their culture or background is and be their favorite is truly and definitely a masterpiece . i hope you last a bit more Naruto. thanks Kishi for the most epic manga

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meeedoooz View Post
    i wish i could see it now, anyway thanks Suzaku for the review... does anyone know how the movie was received ? i mean if it is a hit in terms of sales and if people really liked it
    Its a Naruto movie with a huge backing from Shonen Jump, I'll be surprised if it didn't do well. Especially with kids who read Naruto.

Anyways after reading the summary, it did end up being a mediocre movie imo if the summary is accurate.

Still better than the past Naruto movies but nothing amazing if it has a boring plot for the last bit of the movie with the mandatory big Rasengan to defeat the enemy.

Also bad usage of the characters if only Naruto and Akasuki fought at the end of the movie. I would have loved to see brave Hinata in action along with flirty Sasuke.

Of course I'll wait for the movie to come out here before making my true opinion.
    Last edited by crimsonlink310; July 30, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DEATHBOTT's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

kishi wanted to have a toad that does kung fu in the series. looks like he finally put one in for the movie.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So... Sasuke does no fighting throughout the whole movie? Like... at all?

Well, seeing Akatsuki in action would be cool. Atleast we get to see Itachi get some movie action. Or should rather.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd assume that Sasuke's fighting style would remain relatively unchanged given that "Menma" was basically this guy with like, one new ability.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If that is the gist of the movie, i am disappointed. I was hoping for more rookies interaction, scenes where naruto can enjoy life with his parents, a true life where his parents were still alive; a life that makes him want to stay despite knowing it is an illusion. I was also hoping to see minato fight against akatsuki, mostly against itachi and pein.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Tayz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

pitaful... after all the marketing and kishi's involevement Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie Grosses $3.8 Million USD ONLY

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is that pitiful? It did better than any of the previous movies, and considering the fact that it was only shown in Japan shouldn't that be an achievement?

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does the illusion Naruto i.e., Menma have a Sharingan eye in his right eye.

New Reply
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast