Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Beelzebub 137 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub 137 Discussion/ 138 Predictions

I just read the chapter, seconds ago. What the hell is with chapter. The pace was to fast, even for me. This fight was rushed, it seems like the author intents to end this arc very soon. I don't get it, why the rush? And thats the only thought I have right now...

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight was kinda glossed over.... but i'm giving it a pass because Hilda, Oga, and Beel had such an fantastic "family moment".

Besides we all knew what was going to happen there. Oga and Tojou fight and look impressive then bad guy goes "Haha, behold my true strength!" Nothing new or interesting there so I can understand the author just glossing over that so he can concentrate on the fun parts.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was quite good.
    Actually Tojou did way better I thought he would have done. For me it's rather obvious that Oga and Tojou didn't take Jabberwock down, because Oga used up quite a big ammount of his strength during his other fights. Maybe if he and Tojou hadn't fight other demons in the school, they would have gotten a better chance. Actually I would say they might have won (if they were at their 100%) with the help of those demon guy from those six knights.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    The fight was kinda glossed over.... but i'm giving it a pass because Hilda, Oga, and Beel had such an fantastic "family moment".

Besides we all knew what was going to happen there. Oga and Tojou fight and look impressive then bad guy goes "Haha, behold my true strength!" Nothing new or interesting there so I can understand the author just glossing over that so he can concentrate on the fun parts.
    Exactly my thoughts. I love how the author is skipping all the useless and predictable parts just to give more space to the things that make Beelzebub such a unique manga! I totally love this! It's already one of my favorite manga (not in the top 5, but my top 5 is pretty awesome: One Piece, Kimagure Orange Road, Elfen Lied, Hokuto no Ken, Slam Dunk). Beelzebub comes 6th or 7th among the 74 manga I've been reading until today! A pretty good result if you ask me!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess everyone has his own preferences. I like reading a manga for the art and plot. That also includes double pages of fighting scenes. For example: Oga using 260 CC or he overstepping the CC limit needs imo more emphasizing like a double page. Jaberwock withstanding hits from Toujo and Oga and him counter attacking could have a bit dragged out too. I believe this chapter could have dragged to one 1/2 if not to two whole chapters.

I feel this chapter was rushed infact the whole arc right now seems rushed. I also read somewhere that this series might be in danger of cancellation, so I was thinking of that.

Anyway, it was a great chapter. Just as I predicted it. I believe Zen will appear very soon, to finish some open things. I would NOT like it if Oga pulls a Natsu on Jaberwock.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Possible I´m the only one who make this interpretation but at the last Page when Oga stands up again. It looks to me like he get the controll over this amazing power that Baby Beel got. I only interpretat it from the different eyes. But that is only a normal predict, whats normally totally wrong on Beelzebub. XD The second thing is the Royal tattoo is complett away. After my second read i finally hope when this arc ends with the Year, we see this DoA Attack. Like Ikaruga u can do this attack but when u miss it u will Die. I will laugh when Oga miss the attack Die and Beels Father send him right back. XD That will be amazing comedy and the scene of the Year.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Demon Oga FTW. I hope Oga manages to beat Jabberwock with some crazy demonic tech. Can't wait for the next chapter.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

If oga pulls a natsu, that will be really terrible..but I think it'll be worse if he does an ichigo.
    Anyway, I hope he really does have something left in all that training.
    I do admit that it's a little too fast.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he should still have 140 cc of supermilk left, shouldn't he? Not that I think it will be enough, but whatever!

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused as to what an "Ichigo" or a "Natsu" would be, but I think its a bit OOC of Oga to do anything other than beat the shit out of him.

This chapter was awesome. I was a bit skeptical at how the reunion would work, considering Hilda was on the verge of passing out...but it was emotional without being sappy.

Jabberwock just kept trolling him, and it was actually really awesome to watch (despite how sad I got at Hilda's memory loss.) I really love his villain antics. I don't know what Oga is going to do to defeat him, but whatever it is, I'll be satisfied knowing Jabberwock was a seriously frightening enemy.

I think Toujou is out for the count. That was a pretty hard hit he took. =/ And yeah, I think Oga is going to be the one to defeat him. It would be a major turn-off for me if someone else took over the fight. The only exception would be if something really weird intervened (like En, Behemoth, etc)...and even then, it would mean the fight had been postponed, not completely disregarded.

I think its very telling knowing the next chapter is going to have 30 pages --Tamura-sensei probably has had a hard time fitting everything he wants into just 19 pages. So hopefully, next chapter will strike a good balance between action and plot. I kind of want to see Furuichi doing something as well, though he has always been the commentator for Oga's fights.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

a great chapter but left me wanting more =/ I'm guessing jabberwock if defeated will set the stage for someone else and since the other pillar heads like laymia are still in the game i bet there's gonna be someone else takig his place. maybe behemoth whose got experience

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bamf's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So Oga getting his butt beat reversed the mind-trade between him and Beel? That doesn't sound right. I feel like "losing this amount of power and I regain my consciousness" is a prerequisite for one of his black techs, which as of yet I have found extremely disappointing. Training arcs are always my favorites, even more than the battles, and so I'd like to see those 3-5 chapters not go to waste on him mastering the zebul emblem or what have you.
    Last edited by Teeba; December 18, 2011 at 03:03 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bamf View Post
    So Oga getting his but beat reversed the mind-trade between him and Beel? That doesn't sound right. I feel like "losing this amount of power and I regain my consciousness" is a prerequisite for one of his black techs, which as of yet I have found extremely disappointing. Training arcs are always my favorites, even more than the battles, and so I'd like to see those 3-5 chapters not go to waste on him mastering the zebul emblem or what have you.
    well zen did say one of the goals of the training was to shorten the amount of time to revert back so thats probably what im guessing happened

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by maravish View Post
    well zen did say one of the goals of the training was to shorten the amount of time to revert back so thats probably what im guessing happened
    Yeah, I thought so too.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2