Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What Team or Individual Would an Akatsuki Duo/Member be Weak Against?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Team or Individual Would an Akatsuki Duo/Member be Weak Against?

Quote Originally Posted by Donils
    What would Lee do if Dei took to the air?

Outiside of the sannin, no character could fight an akatsuki one-on-one and live. Hidan vs. Shika is a very special case.
    Well i think Kakashi might also live ...

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member C4animax's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

by the way gaara is weak against water...so no fight against kisame
    My new website, you can upload whatever you want on it : http://www.full-stream.org enjoy. (should be uploading naruto episode on it soon)

Get your naruto wallpapers here at http://meganime.ovh.org that's what all ninjas do anyway and you?

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Neji vs Kakuzu would result in Neji being brutally killed. Yea Neji can cut chakra strings, but Kakuzu isn't like that Sound nin. Did you see how much chakra strings Kakuzu had? He had like hundreds!

Plus, Kakuzu is faster than Kakashi (it was shown when Kakashi ran from Kakuzu to chidori Hidan, but Kakuzu ran in front of a speeding Kakashi and kicked him back). Also, the masks would obliterate Neji with the quickness.

Deidara would beat people like Temari. Deidara isn't just gonna stay in the air and throw bombs. Deidara is smart and resourceful (as shown vs Gaara) so he'd use his surroundings and figure a way to get one of the bombs right in front of Temari and blow her face off.

I think it's obvious that Kisame will be defeated by a Gai + Lee team.

I still don't know what would be a good team to defeat Sasori really. Sasori let himself die. He was going for a killing blow, saw Chiyo's attack, but didn't attack. Whether he was too lazy or just didn't feel like living anymore, we dunno.

THe Hidan thing. I want to fix something. Anyone who knew about Hidan's ritual in advance could defeat him. If Asuma knew about the ritual, Asuma would be able to defeat him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well, I think Asuma with info would survive, not necessarily trap him or whatever to defeat him. I dont htink Hidan is a weak taijutsu user. A 1 on 1 fight between Hidan and Asuma is in the air, but I think Hidan wouldve won regardless.

I do agree that Gai+Lee or Gai+Neji should be able to take down Kisame.
    For Deidara, Yondaime would be the best bet. lol.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity segua's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To go up against an Akatsuki team by yourself is suicidal even if you are one of the Sannin. Recall how Orochimaru and Kabuto were trying to team up against the disguised Yamoto in the Sasori puppet? Even though it was just Yamoto in the puppet, Orochimaru and Kabuto were still quite cautious when approaching a supposed-Sasori. Also recall how Kakuzu and Hidan took out the renown Fire Temple Monk Chiriku? It takes the effort of two great ninjas or a team to defeat one. That or a great ninja to take one down.

(Please read from right to left.)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ophidial's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PredatorNar

I still don't know what would be a good team to defeat Sasori really. Sasori let himself die. He was going for a killing blow, saw Chiyo's attack, but didn't attack. Whether he was too lazy or just didn't feel like living anymore, we dunno.
    to those saying that sakura and chiyo were the perfect team against
    sasori, i'm not too sure as they had a bit of extreme luck and
    an vital piece of info on sasori's poison. I mean against almost
    anyone getting a nick is gameover.
    if i were to say someone though it'd have to be the third kazekage with his iron jutsu to stop the puppets. of course sasori turned him into a puppet but imo sasori probably got him in a sneak attack
    while they were still comrades.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ophidial
    to those saying that sakura and chiyo were the perfect team against
    sasori, i'm not too sure as they had a bit of extreme luck and
    an vital piece of info on sasori's poison. I mean against almost
    anyone getting a nick is gameover.
    if i were to say someone though it'd have to be the third kazekage with his iron jutsu to stop the puppets. of course sasori turned him into a puppet but imo sasori probably got him in a sneak attack
    while they were still comrades.
    Chiyo is the only person in the Naruverse who'd be able to stand a chance against Sasori's many puppets, simply because of her knowledge of Sasori's methods. The puppets rely on the element of surprise to score hits with their (poisoned) weapons.

Aside from Chiyo, an extremely skilled medical ninja would be necessary for back-up, someone like Tsunade or Sakura, who can use both their massive strength and wealth of knowledge in the medical field, specifically on countering poisons.

I'd say the only better matchup wouldve been Tsunade and Chiyo, since I believe that currently, Tsunade might still be stronger than Sakura.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi

Strengths: Speed, Genjutsu, Sharingan (Obiously)
    Weaknesses: Needs to focus on 1 person to do genjutsu

Best Opponent: I think Shino would be interesting. If he made sure not to get caught in Gen. then he could use his bugs to get Itachi from behind.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kisame

Strengths: Massive amount of chakra, Taijutsu and sword, water jutsu
    Weakness: Not the fastest (comparing to Itachi/Kakashi like speed), close range fighter

Best Opponent: Someone faster than him like Gai. I don't think Kakashi could take him because of Kisame's massive amount of chakra.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sasori

Strengths: Numbers, poison, suprise attacks
    Weaknesses: Only uses Taijutsu and brute force (Thru puppets)

Best Oppponent: Someone who has knoledge of his moves/stradgeys. Chiyo and Tsunade would be best.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Deidara

Strengths: Speed and damage of bombs, long range use
    Weaknessess: Takes time to make a bomb, horrible with Taijutsu

Best Opponent: No one can get close to Deidara if he flys so his opponent has to be a long range fighter. This is the one (and only) time I think Tenten would be useful. She could barrage him with weapons before he could get a shot off.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kakazu

Strengths: Speed (Remeber he nailed Kakashi with a kick and grabbed with with the black veins), Elemental jutsu, chakra amount (5 hearts means a lot of chakra)
    Weaknessess: Line of sight (He has 5 hearts but only one set of eyes, this is the reason Naruto could be behind him for the Raseshuriken.)

Best Opponent: Someone who could match the speed of his veins to get close or someone who could trap him in Genjutsu. I think the person best for this would be Kakashi if only he had more chakra.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidan

Strengths: Immortality, Speed (I say speed because he managed to land a hit on Asuma, a talented close range fighter)
    Weaknesses: Stupidity

Best Opponenent: Anyone who could both avoid his sythe (no blood, no ritual). I think Gaara would be best because of his sheild and ability to turn Hidan into a bloddy pulp in one attack.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As for any other members we do not know enough about them. I have excluded Orochimaru because I don't want to judge him until we see the result of his fight with Sasuke. Well here you go so debat amungst yourselfs.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Hidan VS Kimimaro:

Hidan would be completely fucked against Kimimaro since he not only wouldn't be able to damage him due to Kimimaro's bloodline limit; but also Hidan relies on getting in close to an opponent to get blood for his Curse jutsu. That would suit Kimimaro's extreme taijutsu style down to the ground. I doubt Kimimaro would even need to use his cursed seal against Hidan, who in truth is just an underwear model in an Akatsuki robe.

Sasori:

Deidara may have defeated Gaara through trickery, but against Sasori you have to think he'd do a lot better as his sand would guard completely from all of Sasori's poison attacks; and he'd have been able to smash his puppet armour apart easily. Gaara's sand against the iron sand of the Third Kazekage's Hitokugutsu? That's a bit more of a tough one, but given Gaara's immensely powerful Shukaku related jutsu I think he could pull it off as his dual offensive/defensive capabilities make him extremely well equipped to deal with Sasori.

Kisame:

I think a good challenge for Kisame would be the 1st Hokage with his Mokuton jutsu, and I'm not necessarily sure who would win but it'd be a damn good fight. I guess given he's Akatsuki I'd bet on Kisame.

Kakuzu:

I would love to see Orochimaru VS Kakuzu as that would be a very interesting fight due to Orochimaru's massive jutsu arsenal and bizarre shapeshifting abilities. Kakuzu would be difficult to kill due to his 5 hearts and sheer elemental firepower as well as his own body shapeshifting ability.

Itachi:

Although there's some confusion about the whole Jiraiya > Itachi > Orochimaru triangle, Itachi was supposed to have been on an even level with Jiraiya before Timeskip, and they've both surely improved since then. I have to say I find Itachi's hesistance to fight Jiraiya outright a little unbelievable given his abilities. He has to be better at taijutsu than Jiraiya from what we've seen of both of them, and while Jiraiya is extremely proficient with ninjutsu techniques I can't see Itachi having to worry hugely about that. Genjutsu? Well there's no question about who's in the lead there since Itachi has the Mangekyou Sharingan, and instead of burning his eyes out using Tsukiyomi on Sasuke he could have killed Jiraiya with it easily - not to mention Amaterasu too.

I guess the last three are more good-fights-I-want-to-see rather than who those members would be weak against.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi ran from Jiraiya because two Tsukiyomis left with him with too little chakra to properly deal with the sennin. Kisame isn't reliable to keep it quiet and, refuting Itachi's original point when they arrived at Konoha, they weren't there to begin a war. I can't believe people haven't explained that yet.

Anyways, yes, Sasori vs. Gaara would be a bad matchup EXCEPT for Sasori's oft-overlooked (Sakura destroyed it, it must suck) Kazekage puppet with jutsu making him the acknowledged strongest Kazekage there is (when everyone knew what Gaara was capable of). So....it's hard to actually tell that fight accurately, but if Gaara had no village to protect he'd smother his ass.

Hidan would do nothing against Gaara either. Or very many ninja, for that fact -- Naruto and his clones would be more than enough for him, I'm sure (well yeah he DID beat Kakuzu and all).....so Hidan's good against taijutsu users with few completely obliterating jutsu. That's a lot of ninja, but high-class ninja can compete whereas most Akatsuki members can take out a jounin by waving their diddly around.

Kakuzu would have nightmares against the 4th simply because rasengan after rasengan would be pummelling the poor old dude. Asides from this....nope, not many people can compete with 4 (5?) elements of S-rank ability flying at them, especially in combination.

Itachi? Uhh......well we just don't know the full extent of his abilities so we can't say.....

Kisame: faster than we think. He was keeping up with Gai, people. However, someone that can outspeed and outflank him can take the day if they adapt to his power.

Iunno.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enlightened monkey
    Itachi ran from Jiraiya because two Tsukiyomis left with him with too little chakra to properly deal with the sennin. Kisame isn't reliable to keep it quiet and, refuting Itachi's original point when they arrived at Konoha, they weren't there to begin a war. I can't believe people haven't explained that yet.

Anyways, yes, Sasori vs. Gaara would be a bad matchup EXCEPT for Sasori's oft-overlooked (Sakura destroyed it, it must suck) Kazekage puppet with jutsu making him the acknowledged strongest Kazekage there is (when everyone knew what Gaara was capable of). So....it's hard to actually tell that fight accurately, but if Gaara had no village to protect he'd smother his ass.

Hidan would do nothing against Gaara either. Or very many ninja, for that fact -- Naruto and his clones would be more than enough for him, I'm sure (well yeah he DID beat Kakuzu and all).....so Hidan's good against taijutsu users with few completely obliterating jutsu. That's a lot of ninja, but high-class ninja can compete whereas most Akatsuki members can take out a jounin by waving their diddly around.

Kakuzu would have nightmares against the 4th simply because rasengan after rasengan would be pummelling the poor old dude. Asides from this....nope, not many people can compete with 4 (5?) elements of S-rank ability flying at them, especially in combination.

Itachi? Uhh......well we just don't know the full extent of his abilities so we can't say.....

Kisame: faster than we think. He was keeping up with Gai, people. However, someone that can outspeed and outflank him can take the day if they adapt to his power.

Iunno.
    Given that Kakuzu only fought the 1st Hokage, and that it ended in some kind of stalemate since both of them lived from it; the fourth would annihilate him in seconds without needing to do any rasengans.

How about Kakuzu VS Tsunade though? That would be a very interesting and bizarre combat.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi vrs Jiraiya goes to Jiraiya for several reasons.
    Jiriaya has an amazing talent for negating genjutsu's, summoning frogs to fight for him and using jutsu which entrap or reduce movement. If Jiraiya could be easily defeated by Kisame and Itachi then Naruto would have fallen into the Akatsuki's clutches while he was spending 2.5 years training. The only reason Orochimaru is weaker then Itachi is Orochimaru wants Itachi's body which Itachi's vastly superior Genjutsu makes impossible. In a fight Orochimaru has the strength needed to kill him, but not take his body.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Itachi vs Zabuza
    Itachi is always talking about his eyes this and his eyes that. His fighting style heavily relies on the sharingan. Zabuza is an expert at killing just by sound and his mist jutsu will destroy Itachi's fighting style. Kakashi won the fight because he is a jack of all trades and has his sense of smell and tracking dog jutsu that I assume he got from his father. He has not always relied on the sharingan like Itachi and Sasuke have.

I have to agree with Sasori vs the chiyo and Tsunade/Sakura team
    That says something about his power when so many people agree a team is necessary.

Deidara vs Orochimaru
    He has his huge defensive walls that could block Deidara's largest explosives and can summon snakes that reach stories into the air to attack. His sword also has the ability to stretch insane distances.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member white silver's Avatar
    In an island at the center of the Atlantic Ocean.
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: What Team or Individual Would an Akatsuki Duo/Member be Weak Against?

This is quite the interesting topic. If I may to state out my own thoughts into this matter.

Honestly, I don't think the situation for Akatsuki works like (Water beats Fire, Fire beats Wind, etc.) From what I've seen, Akatsuki are more than the all-around type fighters. They can fight in almost any situation (or else they wouldn't be taking on the Bijuu/Jinchuuriki themeselves would they?) The case with Hidan and Shikimaru is exceptionary as it was clear that Shikimaru can overwith Hidan plus with the knowledge before hand from the previous fight with Asuma.

As we have previously seen, the Akatsuki members of capable of doing the most unexpected things. There is NO one that has totally defeated them, Sasori allowed himself defeat, Kakuzu (another case), etc. If you noticed, these fights were not capable even from the genius Kakashi himself (with his 1000 jutsus). So it's safe to say that Akatsuki cannot be classifed as a certain attribute that can be overcome by another attribute.
    Last edited by white silver; April 04, 2007 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Typos

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of them can be classified quite easily.

Kisame is overly reliant on his chakra draining sword for defeating ninja which is useless against Gai or Rock Lee. There are a few others who would be useful, but its more then likely Rock Lee will be the one to bring down Kisame.

Itachi is excellent for fighting individuals one on one either at range or in close combat, but is less then effective if his Sharingan and Genjutsu abilities are rendered nullified. (Naruto might actually be much closer to outright over powering Genjutsu just using his chakra.) Itachi also will lose in a long drawn out fight as his MS leaves him weakened and drained of chakra.

Deidera is a long range explosives expert who lacks close combat skills, requires time to prepare his explosives and has a limited supply of ammunition. Neji is probably the strongest for fighting him as his whirl and exceptional close combat capabilities would prevail.

Hidan really could only lose to Shikimaru as he's nigh unkillable with his blood curse, but is a brainless idiot who was defeated with proper planning.

Something tells me Yamato and Zetsu or Shino and Zetsu will battle it out. It will either be plant vrs plant or Plant vrs insects.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2