Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Air Gear 340 Discussion/ 341 Predictions

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Sai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 340 Spoilers Thread

"The Storm consumes everything"—or something along those lines.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warbandit66 View Post
    What I'm not liking is the fact that Sora fights with the same brutality as Nike. I expected him to be far more cerebral with his approach to battle.
    He was and is always cerebral.

Quote Originally Posted by suarhnir View Post
    -ikki and ringo are safely inside and ikki starts 'talking back' to sora only to find him not there... there's a little intro teaser mentioning how any other person's power will become ikki's power but any of ikki's power will only be his (i think this is one of the many differences of ikki's hurricane road vs sora's wind/wing road)
    I don't get it bro.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonOsman2 View Post
    Also, it probably mainly refers to the nature of their Roads. If you look in the parentheses that are there right after what you quoted, Carnevil, you'll see that it says that while the Hurricane Road can use other people's power as its own, it can't lend power, whereas the Wing Road can both take and lend power. But I think this is somewhat strange, since the Hurricane Road is part Wing Road anyway.
    Yeah, I really don't get it. But anyway, Ikki was able to lend his power/wings to his comrades. Just as Simca mentioned, it's because of Ikki that his friends was able to fly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Brandnewkid's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, what you guys are talking about is just an error on the translator's part. It says:

"What's other people's strength is his strength! What's his strength is his strength!! Witness the logic of the undesputed king of tomfoolery!!!"

It's basically promoting Ikki's dickheaded-ness; it's like when he fought Nue and said that every person on Earth's power belongs to him.

For the record, here's the dialog of that page:

Ikki: "So this is the counter-wind that you're dishing out against me, Sora?

DJ: "URRRYYYYYYYYYY~~! Lil' Crow can fuck with someone else's wind, call this guy the Wind Ruler! Nah, screw that, Wind SOVEREIGN up in this bitch!! How in the blue Minami-fearin' sky can the power of the wind be at one guy's beck and call like this~~~~!!"

Ikki: "Even what's yours is mine!"
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; December 14, 2011 at 04:07 AM.

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hangedman's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

chinese scan here

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a scan of 340 up, but it's not the best translation in the world.

http://www.mangareader.net/air-gear/340

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Air Gear 340 Discussion/ 341 Predictions

Not the best cleaning either.

But even through the dirt and blur of the scans, the trick pages look damn great.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter was good.

And yeah, basically, what Ikki was saying and doing there refers mainly to how he thinks he's the emperor of the world and that the strength of the power of everyone on Earth belongs to him.

Hopefully, Ikki is able to catch up to that "Ikki" that he's trying to catch up to, as well as that "Sora" that's there (inside his head). Once he's done that, he'll reach and surpass his limits, and we might see that "true self," as well.

Edit: @Suarhnir: Before I forget; I've been reading Infinite Stratos light novels for a while now (I'm currently on the 4th one (there are seven total)), and I was wondering if you could tell me what these two terms meant:

1. Byakushiki
    2. Reiraku Byakuya

Thanks in advanc.
    Last edited by DragonOsman2; December 16, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll provide the best translation I can:

Ikki: "So this is the counter-wind that you're dishing out against me, Sora?

DJ: "URRRYYYYYYYYYY~~! Lil' Crow can fuck with someone else's wind, call this guy the Wind Ruler! Nah, screw that, Wind SOVEREIGN up in this bitch!! How in the blue Minami-fearin' sky can the power of the wind be at one guy's beck and call like this~~~~!!"

Ikki: "What's yours is mine!"

------

Ikki: "Erm."

DJ: "Aw maaaaaan! Crow boy's lil' speech was a total bust! You're stresseddddddd!!"

Ringo: "We should hurry, Ikki."

Ikki: "Yeah, yeah, quit yapping. *Talking to robo-birds* Die already, fingernail shooter: booger version." (Here, Ikki's "fingernail shooter" is a reference to protagonist Johnny Joestar of the manga JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run, who has the ability to shoot his fingernails via his Stand Tusk. Oh! Great is a big fan of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and has referenced it in Air Gear before.)

Ringo: "This is a Run-style battle. I'm guessing Sora and my sister are way ahead of us already."

---------

Dr. Minami: "In all honesty, Ikki would've died if it wasn't for Sora's cross-combo attack."

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member DragonOsman2's Avatar
    Country
    Saudi Arabia
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter's out in English already, so there's no longer a need for translations to be given here. Thanks anyway, though.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the translation Brandnewkid. As usual, we can't rely on Dragon Scans. Hey Suarhnir, you're a part of Franky House before right? What happened?

And also, what is this "thrust it 'there'" that Minami is mentioning?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v35/c340/6.html

My goodness, OG really made it a bizaare page. Since after saying "thrust it 'there'", Ringo's lower part was shown. Hahaha! I guess you know what I mean. As if Minami was saying, "Oi Ikki, thrust you're thing into that Ringo baby!" OMG. LOL!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member suarhnir's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

oyos

i don't activately translate anymore due to work and life. though i was first with scan groups 'sleeping forest' then 'kuu' and i helped for just a few chapters for franky house because i chose to stick with the project rather than the 'group'.

while dragonfly scans is weaker in translation levels to ssa scans, they still manage to get majority of the 'meaning' of what is being said. that being said, there's a few spots that are difficult because japanese is so much about the subtle conversation and 'unspoken subject'; it's almost similar to listening without looking at a sports broadcast and hearing the commentators describe all the technical aspects of the plays being done without ever saying much or anything at all of what the actual sport is - that is how a lot of japanese conversation goes like.

actually, this chapter was so action oriented that there was little to worry about in the translation area because it went hand in hand with what was shown on the page.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drylick View Post
    Thanks for the translation Brandnewkid. As usual, we can't rely on Dragon Scans. Hey Suarhnir, you're a part of Franky House before right? What happened?

And also, what is this "thrust it 'there'" that Minami is mentioning?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/air_gear/v35/c340/6.html

My goodness, OG really made it a bizaare page. Since after saying "thrust it 'there'", Ringo's lower part was shown. Hahaha! I guess you know what I mean. As if Minami was saying, "Oi Ikki, thrust you're thing into that Ringo baby!" OMG. LOL!
    Again, the confusion there can be attributed to the translation. Here's what's going on:

(Previous Page) Dr. Minami: "Friend or foe, he's able to use their wind as his own and thus, he can fly even higher. But, lets consider what would hypothetically happen if he were to lose such a convenience."

The Girl with the DJ (What's her name anyway, who is she?): " ... I see ... If Ikki was on his own ... "

Dr. Minami: "If it were me ... I'd smash 'it' up, full-force."

---------

Yeah, it O!G is making a sexual joke as he's literally saying "If it were me, I'd completely attack 'it' ...'" but what I believe he's trying to say judging from the context is that since Ikki can use his allies and enemies to his advantage, if Minami were in Sora's shoes he would get rid of Ringo so Ikki would be without a partner. Thus, he'd be weaker overall.
    Last edited by Brandnewkid; December 18, 2011 at 03:51 AM.

Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I see. OG showing Ringo after that "thrust" thing, OG is trying to tell us/or make us think that the thing that should be smashed is "it", or Ringo. So that "it" is Ringo. And "that" maybe is what Minami is referring to as "The Storm King's weakness". Hmm.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brandnewkid View Post
    Again, the confusion there can be attributed to the translation. Here's what's going on:

(Previous Page) Dr. Minami: "Friend or foe, he's able to use their wind as his own and thus, he can fly even higher. But, lets consider what would hypothetically happen if he were to lose such a convenience."

The Girl with the DJ (What's her name anyway, who is she?): " ... I see ... If Ikki was on his own ... "

Dr. Minami: "If it were me ... I'd smash 'it' up, full-force."

---------

Yeah, it O!G is making a sexual joke as he's literally saying "If it were me, I'd completely attack 'it' ...'" but what I believe he's trying to say judging from the context is that since Ikki can use his allies and enemies to his advantage, if Minami were in Sora's shoes he would get rid of Ringo so Ikki would be without a partner. Thus, he'd be weaker overall.
    yeah, I get it. I bit confused before. thanks for the translation

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast