Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

  1. #1
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Every manga universe has wild card theories that become true, as well as mysteries the author is in no rush to reveal. Here lie a list (or a discussion) on things that make you scratch your head in Beelzebub, as well as pet theories you hope will someday be true...

    Things that make me go "hmm":

    Who is Saotome's demon contract with?

    Is Grandpa Kunieda uncontracted?

    Is Beel ever going to wear clothes?

    What is Jabberwock's relationship with Laymia?

    Things that I kind of want to happen:

    Furuichi gets a contract with someone and promptly causes them to lose all their powers.

  2. #2
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    near Munich
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    I want talk about the old Guys. The Grandpas who doesn´t need a contract, i think more about there are all pure Demons. All of them treat there students like demons. XD I think Grandpa is a Demon even like Behemoth and the Saint Ishiyama headmaster. There are all old Demons who live quiet in the human world. I think there are many of them and more and more will come to conquer Beelzebub and his contractor.

    About Saomtome i got an other interisting question. When Saotome Safe Oga from the Pillars befor the Training Arc. But non of them was know, what Saotome is or was. I mean when u the strongest from the last world, all other one should know you. Only Jabberwock and Behemoth an all other know Saotome, that was a little bit mystery. That non of the small Demons know the strongest Demon from last war.
    About his contractor, that could no other one then King Beelzebub. When he was the Winner of the last War, then his Demon must be the Demon King.

    And then lets talk about the biggest mystery in complete Beelzebub. I talk with many Fans about that Charachter. Got Natsume later a bigger Part in Beelzebub. From the first Arc and entries Natsume got always a mystery aura around him. He is the real strongest behind Aoi and Toujou. He always get a own fight or best position and his kick speed and power is amazing and everything it looks like he keep his power low. I will not suprise, when all other got down in the fights against Lunana and Furichi will stay at last or the only one without any cut.

    The last opponent from Oga is not Toujou it will be Saotome and Beelzebub Father.

  3. #3
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Pirulito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Black Rome
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Seriously, I've already lost my faith in Natsume. I think at the beginning Tamura planned something big for him, but with the recent events Natsume seems to me a strong guy but nothing special. Or it or he is pretty good actor.

    Se entendeu essa frase, entre nessa bagaça

  4. #4
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    In my opinon, Natsume seems pretty developed. He's the kind of guy who'd rather someone else take the lead, while he operates outside of the limelight. I have never though of him as an enigma.

    Going back to what Black Hawk was saying...I think its a bit too obvious if Saotome was the contractor to the Demon King, but at least that would explain why the King is enamored with old-school games, if that's what he was exposed to back then.

    It would be great for Ikaruga to appear in the manga again, I want to know what kind of demon she's contracted with as well.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Hey I was doing some rereading and you know the mysterious figure which appeared over the Ishiyama school ruins? I think that was Aoi's mother because girl's hair from the her friend's flashback and the mystery person's matches up.

  6. #6
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Beelzebub mysteries I'm interested in:

    Satome's contractor, Aoi's parents and grandpa, this great war in demon world, what does Beel's dad's face look like and last but not least:

    WHO THE FLYING FUCK WAS THE GUY WHO BLOCKED BEELS FOOT IN DEMON WORLD?

    I mean seriously we know NOTHING of this guy and from what it looks like, he's in a completely different faction! WHO IS HE?!!?!?
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog


  7. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Mayotte
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    If you are doing a quick re-check of loose ends in this series, let me contribute. I'm particularly curious about:

    i. How exactly Toujou is getting stronger by the day.

    ii. Why it is that Dr. Forcas told Saotome that it would be troublesome if he helped Beel's side too much.

    iii. Whether there is significance to the fact that only six humans are strong enough to feel demonic power (Oga, Kunieda, Izuma, Toujou, Miki and Shizuka) and if so, whether said characters are going to become more important (well Oga, Kunieda and Toujou are already important).

    (Sometimes I get the feeling that the series was going in one direction around chapter 80, but later Tamura-sensei was told to expand it to make it longer. So he made a major detour and that's why things like item iii, Athrun, the person atop the rubble in chapter 38 and so on were never mentioned again.)

  8. #8
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Milan
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    The only thing I want to know right now is what Arthrun (did I write his name right?) is up to and who is his boss.
    For the rest, I too think that Saotome could be the contractor of the Demon King; I mean, it wouldn't be impossible.
    Strange, no one mentioned Kunieda's mother?

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    I think Saotome is too young to be the demon lords contractor since Hilda who looks like a teenager or atleast a young adult is over a hundred years old and from what little we have seen of him the demon lord looks like an adult. Another thing that makes me think Saotome isn't the DL cotractor is that the from symbol his hand is different from Oga, and Oga's symbol was suppose to be the symbol of the family.
    Athrun should really return, I miss him.
    please click on them to help them grow.

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Hey guys I just remembered a mystery way back from chapter one.

    Remember Alaindelon floating down the river? He had an arrow sticking out of his chest and we never found out how that happened or who shot it.

    Of course it could have been part of the ploy to drop baby Beel on the hapless chump who found him.

  11. #11
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by masgrande View Post
    I think Saotome is too young to be the demon lords contractor since Hilda who looks like a teenager or atleast a young adult is over a hundred years old and from what little we have seen of him the demon lord looks like an adult. Another thing that makes me think Saotome isn't the DL cotractor is that the from symbol his hand is different from Oga, and Oga's symbol was suppose to be the symbol of the family.
    Athrun should really return, I miss him.
    Actually, Saotome does have the same symbol as the royal family. That's why Hilda was shocked when she met him.

    Another thing to consider: Saotome's contractee didn't have to be a child. If we assume the Demon Lord is mentally the same age as Saotome, Ikaruga, Kunieda's parents, etc, he could still be a valid choice. Maybe that's why the Demon Lord knows so much about 80s video games and pasttimes, he came to Earth as a teenager and hung out at Ishiyama High with the rest of the gang.

    Quote Originally Posted by Waveblade View Post
    Hey guys I just remembered a mystery way back from chapter one.

    Remember Alaindelon floating down the river? He had an arrow sticking out of his chest and we never found out how that happened or who shot it.

    Of course it could have been part of the ploy to drop baby Beel on the hapless chump who found him.
    !!! I didn't even think of this as a mystery until you said it! Unfortunately, the probability it was just for the gag is high too. And yeah, maybe Alaindelon did it just to attract attention.

  12. #12
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    About the Old Guys I don't think that they are 100% Demons I think they are defenders from demons who are causing too much trouble in the Human World.

    I also think Natsume's character is well developed.

    Mystery:
    The other demons that are named before Dragons, it was said that powerful demons were named before Dragons right like Jabberwock.

    Mystery
    Does SATAN exists in the story?

    Well Satan and Beelzebub is a different being.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; October 21, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

  13. #13
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cave of Wonders
    Country
    Pakistan
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    So since the arc may or may not be related to demon contractors, I want to pose a question: which is more likely, a demon with more than one contractor or a human with more than one contractee?

    Because I was thinking, we know very little about how contracts work outside of Oga and Beel's very specific arrangement. For example, I doubt the 15m rule extends to other demons since Beel is a baby. If En contracted with someone he might give that person half a kilometer, or something. Also, suppose these three freshmen are contractors -- what if they're all contracted by the same demon? That would actually cause them to function as a unit, even if they don't seem to be related to each other (as of yet).

    Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Furuichi gets a contract with someone and promptly causes them to lose all their powers.
    I was half-right.

  14. #14
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Country
    Mayotte
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    So since the arc may or may not be related to demon contractors, I want to pose a question: which is more likely, a demon with more than one contractor or a human with more than one contractee?

    Because I was thinking, we know very little about how contracts work outside of Oga and Beel's very specific arrangement. For example, I doubt the 15m rule extends to other demons since Beel is a baby. If En contracted with someone he might give that person half a kilometer, or something. Also, suppose these three freshmen are contractors -- what if they're all contracted by the same demon? That would actually cause them to function as a unit, even if they don't seem to be related to each other (as of yet).
    I think the distance rule has to do with the welfare of the demon, so adult demons should impose no such constraints on their contractors. Maybe even En would be quite comfortable with being separated from his contractor.

    A human with more than one contractee would ruin the narrative purpose of contracts (the stronger the demon the stronger the human becomes), I guess. And it would allow endless power-ups, thus making a poor plot device.

    But a demon with more contractors would be interesting. There are two possible outcomes in the current arc, not mutually exclusive: the demon becomes three times as strong, and the contractors get a third of the demon's power each. That would mean Oga would defeat Nasu pretty easily, but have trouble when facing the three first-years together (thus explaining the New Year Dream).

    However, if that were true, wouldn't Hilda prefer to find several strong contractor for Beel instead of relying on Oga solely?

  15. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    near Munich
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    637
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kendama View Post
    I think the distance rule has to do with the welfare of the demon, so adult demons should impose no such constraints on their contractors. Maybe even En would be quite comfortable with being separated from his contractor.

    A human with more than one contractee would ruin the narrative purpose of contracts (the stronger the demon the stronger the human becomes), I guess. And it would allow endless power-ups, thus making a poor plot device.

    But a demon with more contractors would be interesting. There are two possible outcomes in the current arc, not mutually exclusive: the demon becomes three times as strong, and the contractors get a third of the demon's power each. That would mean Oga would defeat Nasu pretty easily, but have trouble when facing the three first-years together (thus explaining the New Year Dream).

    However, if that were true, wouldn't Hilda prefer to find several strong contractor for Beel instead of relying on Oga solely?
    I think that make no sense. First the Human Body must be some real special Human, to overstand all the elektronic attacks.. The second thing is the harmonic bondage Beel needs so far. That how the 15 meter rule work. I say later it doesn´t play a bigger role anymore. As example Saotome use Demonic energy of an contractor, but his demon live still in the Demonic world.
    Second i don´t think Hilda can´t overstand 3 Human idiots. Ogas stupid actions actions are already enough for Hilda. Three of them, interisting to see Hilda on rampage.

    And i agree with you in the other Points. What will be the Sideeffects if a Human has more then one Contract. We saw on Furichi what it can bring to only summon only one Demon. I think by three you die or loose controll of your Body and yourself.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts