Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member FanOfAniManga's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beelzebub Wild Speculation/Mysteries Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    I mentioned it in a chapter discussion thread before you. The importance of Oga's dream is explicitly said in chapter 188: the first dream of the year is important, and what you dream about signifies how well the year will be for you. Its literally stated on the first page of chapter 188. Oga dreamt of the perfect combination: eggplant, a hawk, and Mt. Fuji. But when I was trying to find out more about these dreams of the first year, I discovered a blog entry about the six symbols one should dream about on New Years in Japan. Tamura was probably making a very Japanese pun by linking the name, Killer Six Elements, to six symbols that actually represent good fortune.
    Yep, that is definitely where I first saw it from, not from a chapter footnote. I totally need to improve my memory. xD

Another aspect of his randomness.
    Check out these Wikis for info on select Jump manga:
    - ASSASSINATION CLASSROOM
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Questions, comments or suggestions?
    Send a PM here, or an e-mail at fanofanimanga @gmail.com.

Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Akahoshi is the one with the Demon Contract and is holding back that's why he is only Rank 4 in the Six Up Start

though this theory is 80% by intuition/gut and doesn't have enough details for defense
    [

MH Senpai 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jakensama's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Angelica's mother is Laymia. She mistakenly believed Alaindelon's incredibly muscular physique was indicative of his strength, his coarse moustache an indication of incredible masculinity. The relationship was short lived (Laymia found out he is nothing like she thought) however produced a child....Angelica.

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

About the ending of chapter 201, I didn't think it'd be so blatant, but...

Spoiler show

Heck... given that they've called themselves the Fallen Angels...
    Spoiler show

Of course, given that we still don't know their ulterior motives, anything can happen that can turn my speculation sideways, but it's not so out there now, right?
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; April 18, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Mayotte
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfAniManga View Post
    About the ending of chapter 201, I didn't think it'd be so blatant, but...

Spoiler show
    I also thought along these lines and posted accordingly in Mangafox, but the prevailing theory right now is that, because the name of Daten High translates roughly as "fallen angel", Himekawa's probably (pretending to be?) serving Takamiya. He could still be working as a triple agent and serving both Beasts, of course.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like I said in the chapter discussion thread, as well as Akia999, Daten blatantly means "Fallen Sky/Heaven" and Fallen Angels as its written on the guy's badge is pronounced "Datenshi" in Japanese. For the guy to be anyone else but Takamiya would be stretching it. Also it fits the hawk character in Takamiya's name.

However, I wouldn't put it past Himekawa to act as an information broker/middleman for both Fuji and Takamiya. Fuji may be the strongest of the Killer Elements, but that doesn't mean he can't be challenged by the other Elements.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about the latest developments on this manga, and it's gotten me concerned about the wellbeing of this manga. The thing is, I just realized that there's quite a strong analogy between Oga's status at Ishiyama High and the series' status in the magazine.

When the manga first came out, it was going strong, like Oga was going strong ruling Ishiyama High. Everything went well together because there just wasn't much to go on in the first place. It was crude and funny.

But afterwards, things hadn't been going so perfectly for Oga and the series anymore because the story eventually had to develop itself. Oga wanders off on some random adventures to the Demon World, Saint Ishiyama Academy, Akumano Academy and Okinawa. For the most part, there haven't been many relevant developments taken or round characters met. Things mostly just go back to normal after all these storylines. We don't see anyone again from the Demon World arc, the Saint Ishiyama Academy characters and Behemoth's army are mostly forgotten once they're dealt with, and the South Chinpira High School students never appear again after leaving Okinawa, except for that brief Christmas stint. With the series as a whole, you had the lacklustre anime which got produced much too sooner than it should have been, causing all this random, irrelevant filler to surface over the course of its lifetime, and especially towards the end, thus becoming quite unable to promote the series very well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that through all that time, things haven't really developed for Oga and the series, or at least not as much as we thought it could. Sure, you had some new powerups and a little more teamwork, but is this really all we're getting after over 150 chapters?

That leads us to the present day, and what we see is Oga, the original leader of Ishiyama High, actually getting usurped and his rear end handed to him for once by all these newcomers. Who was once arguably the strongest character in the series has become nothing more than a plaything. As you may have noticed, we've been getting a lot of newcomers in the magazine lately, such as AC, Saiki, and Soma, gradually taking out the top spots from the more longer-running titles, like Naruto and Bleach. It's reached a point where even series fresh out of the late 00s have become unsafe. It's not unlikely there'll be more new series coming in that will replace the longer-running series we tend to be more familiar with. At the same time, it's something to expect if older series don't keep up with the times, a problem Kochikame had managed to bypass completely.

Now, being enthusiasticlly on the lookout for the next big developments in WSJ, I'll always be anticipating newcomers to the magazine from one cancellation round to the next, but in particular, it'll still be sad to see Beelzebub fall because it still has so much going for it through all these years. Maybe all those storylines and characters will actually come together over the next few years, or maybe Tamura will just leave them in the dust like he always had everytime he started a new arc. I don't know.
    Last edited by FanOfAniManga; June 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM.
    - BEELZEBUB
    - WORLD TRIGGER

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3