Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shioon's Family

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member revennge's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon's Family

I like Breaker New Waves. Because it is not only about fighting, but also about character development. I was re-reading Breaker Part I and II and it got me thinking. If there is anything mentioned about Shioons father? If not what has happened to him. And is/was he a Murim-in? It would be an interesting thing to know. Presuming that it's Shioons mother that is in Nine Dragons Hospital and that she is in bad condition because even doctor can't guarantee anything as mentioned in Chapter 39 of Part II.

So. We have an open question. What is going on with Shioons family???

P.S. Did not know under what category this falls, under [Discussion] or [Character].
    Last edited by revennge; December 10, 2011 at 05:34 PM.
    "In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shioon's Family

i hope this is not the case. Simply because this is the most common shonen item.
    For one i like it when the main gets stronger on his own right not following a legacy or not that his father created a legend .

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 8Psycho's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm more intrested in his mother... looks like she is hurt, what happened to her?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 8Psycho View Post
    i'm more intrested in his mother... looks like she is hurt, what happened to her?
    Yeah, they need to tell us what happened to her already.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what happened but it's probably Changho that did it. Could also be a freak accident as well but Changho needs a bad end anyway so why waste an opportunity?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well we didnt see a lot of the old characters for a while like say sahe. Its because the plot is advancing with the new characters may be thats Y the mother has been made absent other wise the author may have ta show some stuffs abt his mother while he is away for so long
    now that her location itself is a mystery the authors dun haveta bother her within any fighting arc till shiwoon is free to go back home
    Last edited by shaheer; December 14, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner rsnake's Avatar
    Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

i think shioon mom definitely hurt (worst case maybe dead) but she hardly in story line even in part 1 we saw her only a couple times but none the less she is his mother so i'm quite anticipating the reaction of shioon when he hears news of her condition will breakdown or be motivated by this and go on rampage. Lets see.

I'm also quite curious about his father too he maybe murim that would explain shioon learning curve when it comes to martial arts. Maybe he is dead or alive having to leave his family so they can live a normal without being dragged into the world of murim or something like that. But all we can do is wait and see what the author decides to do about these lingering info.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

May be Shioon's mother passed by Unwol's cave on occasion and felt sorry for him falling in love in the process?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner 8Psycho's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

i hope Shioon's father had no connection to murim at all. and he wouldn't even be mentioned in story.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 8Psycho View Post
    i hope Shioon's father had no connection to murim at all. and he wouldn't even be mentioned in story.
    I think Shioon's father may have a connection to the Murim. Remember how Shioon's sensei GMR lacks an established lineage but is one of the most powerful fighters in the Murim's history. Remember how we're getting more details on Murim-Ins' marrying commoners and how this practice even extends to their "nobility" (e.g. Clan heads). Remeber the possible repercussions such unions bring (e.g. Sosul and GMR).

The author may be using these developments to reveal that Shioon's potential for Martial Arts is related to his paternal ancestry. This trait may also be explained why Shioon's school is suppose to find the next GMR. The school is a gathering place for students who are of possible Murim-In descent and thus may hold great potential as Shioon's, Sosul's, and GMR's cases illustrate.

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    The school is a gathering place for students who are of possible Murim-In descent and thus may hold great potential as Shioon's, Sosul's, and GMR's cases illustrate.
    That could be the case. After all Chapter 8 and then later 36 and 40(all part 1) confims that the school had some ties to the Murim, with the head of the Song school being the president of the school. And then add to the fact that Shioon also had the whole three yin thing, which, given what we know now (the offspring between Murim and non-murim may be born with such ki-defects) may give some flesh to the theory that Shioon's father is/was a Murim. Then there's also Changho, who seems to have learned Martial Arts in a remarkably short time, even if he's nowhere near the level of Shioon... so indeed, the school may be or have been a "dumping ground" for people born of out of the Murim, but not aware of it.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If that's true then it could also mean that SaHee's family background is not that simple, could be that she is a daughter of a high ranking gov't official within the agency that oversees murim. That would be an interesting way to get her back into the story and make her relevant.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well now that you mentioned i think that yeah Shioon has to have also a father lol . This never even crossed my mind , i mean who is his father and what happened with him
    Right now i am curious about what happened with his mom though , she's definitely hurt or something but i think her state isn't very worse , like dying 'cause i don't think Sera would hide that from Shioon if she were on the brink of death .

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, yes she would! She has already said that she didn't want his heart to waiver while in training. This brings up a disturbing possibility...
    Shioon was told about Jini's situation only because there was something he could do about it. Does this mean that there is nothing he can do about his mother's situation since Sera didn't tell him?

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Actually, yes she would! She has already said that she didn't want his heart to waiver while in training. This brings up a disturbing possibility...
    Shioon was told about Jini's situation only because there was something he could do about it. Does this mean that there is nothing he can do about his mother's situation since Sera didn't tell him?
    Well now... Shioon's a fighter, not a healer or something . Maybe something could be done if he had access to the assets of the Sunwoo Clan though, which he didn't hasve back then with Kwon trying to kill him, but if that's over (for now, anyway) then the situation may be different. We shall see.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast