Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shioon's Family

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shioon's Family

Shion will become the ten arts Dragon, now that Elder Kwon has submitted and resigned from his prolonged objectives.
    Shion go give Elder Kwon a nice hit from below xD

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

wow this thread is at least 3 years old but anyways i start re-reading Breaker (A-Team's Translation) and noticed something

Sera said these "Who knows maybe Shioon-nim really is a murim-in by nature"
    ----> by nature that means he was born to be murim-in right? so does that mean Shioon's family is also a murim-ins? the author didn't even mention Shioon's father or even his family at all the only family related to Shioon is Shioon Mother and nothing else

I think Sera already know Shioon's family background that's why she said that

what if Shioon's Father or even Grandfather is one of the top martial artist in the murim

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon's father is an interesting figure, in that from the start their hasn't been a hint of him. No back story, memory or mentioning that he even knew his father. I get the sense that dad was outta there before Shioon could even make a connection. If you think about Shioon's early struggles (being bullies target) it's as if he never had a male figure in his life until Chun woo entered his life. So as many others have said, bringing in a father figure and having him connected to the murim would seem not only out of the blue, but also cheap.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Lasaro Ginjou's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay. I added this theory of mine in a forum in The Breaker Wiki.

So I will add it here as well. While going around the chapters I saw something interesting (for me). In Chapter 8 of Part 1: Shi-Ho talks about a Mister Lee who is high ranked (part of the enforcement coalition) apparently and has connection to the school and he is hoping for a new Goo Moon Ryong to come out of it. So my hypothesis is that Mr Lee might be Shi-Woon's father. Lee, I, Ri and Yi are written the same way in Korean so they are just different translations of the same name.

Additionally, considering the revelation that the Yin Body Types and Overhaul Rebirth are connected and that the legend of those cured from the Yin Body Type is result of Overhaul Rebirth could be something that his father knew. In that case the hypothesis goes like this:
    1. his father might have known about Shi-Woon's condition and its potential.
    2. Kept Shi-Woon out of the Murim until he finds the way to cure him.
    3. Put him into that school hoping that he will become the strongest in the murim which is considered to be the person with the title of Nine Arts Dragon
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; June 26, 2014 at 02:37 PM.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasaro Ginjou View Post
    So I will add it here as well. While going around the chapters I saw something interesting (for me). In Chapter 8 of Part 1: Shi-Ho talks about a Mister Lee who is high ranked (part of the enforcement coalition) apparently and has connection to the school and he is hoping for a new Goo Moon Ryong to come out of it. So my hypothesis is that Mr Lee might be Shi-Woon's father. Lee, I, Ri and Yi are written the same way in Korean so they are just different translations of the same name.
    Sorry, I just can't accept that.
    Somewhere along the line, Chairman Lee and Sera's grandfather became the same person. I'm not sure how that worked out but they were both the person killed by Chunwoo in the US before he came to the school with Chairman Lee's recommendation. Here is Sera's side of that in NW Ch29. also He was called Manager Lee in the original series Chapter 2... but the Manager part was likely just an issue with translation.

That is just so wrong in so many ways, (mostly in personal taste, ha ha) because that would make Sera Shioon's niece.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i have a lot of theories on Shioon's family line

1. Shioon's father is from a Royal Family Line (House of YI) and Shioon's mother is not his real mother but a caretaker
    2. Same as #1 but Shioon is an illegitimate son and because Shioon's father loved Mrs.Yi he hides them
    3. Shioon's father is an unknown Martial Artist Master
    4. Shioon's father's brother is Unwol
    5. Shioon's father is Unwol
    6. Shioon's father is a munju or a member of a clan and just like Gyu Bum he supports the advocacy of GMR and the clan of his father was destroyed

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Sorry, I just can't accept that.
    Somewhere along the line, Chairman Lee and Sera's grandfather became the same person. I'm not sure how that worked out but they were both the person killed by Chunwoo in the US before he came to the school with Chairman Lee's recommendation. Here is Sera's side of that in NW Ch29. also He was called Manager Lee in the original series Chapter 2... but the Manager part was likely just an issue with translation.

That is just so wrong in so many ways, (mostly in personal taste, ha ha) because that would make Sera Shioon's niece.
    Sera's grandfather was the principal of the school. Mister Lee was and is someone else entirely. And mister Lee is related to the school but he is not the owner or the creator. He is just someone who contributed in the creation of the school. So the theory still stands (for me).

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, it's possible. There is certainly something going on with Shioon's father, who is never mentioned, ever. We are left in the dark almost completely about him. About the only one who could definitively clear it up would be Shioon's mother at this point. Of course she has to come out of her coma. Let's hope the hospital she is in isn't one of the bombing targets. That being included in Smug-face's plans wouldn't surprise me.

Assuming that Mister Lee and Sera's grandfather are not the same person, that means they were both killed by Chunwoo in the US, and presumably at the same time. I'm not sure he would have made multiple trips to kill off school representatives to a regular school though, so likely they died at the same time.

Don't really have any other info about them so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally, I like the theory of Unwol being Shioon's father, but I have even less justification for that, so I'll leave that alone too.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Sure, it's possible. There is certainly something going on with Shioon's father, who is never mentioned, ever. We are left in the dark almost completely about him. About the only one who could definitively clear it up would be Shioon's mother at this point. Of course she has to come out of her coma. Let's hope the hospital she is in isn't one of the bombing targets. That being included in Smug-face's plans wouldn't surprise me.

Assuming that Mister Lee and Sera's grandfather are not the same person, that means they were both killed by Chunwoo in the US, and presumably at the same time. I'm not sure he would have made multiple trips to kill off school representatives to a regular school though, so likely they died at the same time.

Don't really have any other info about them so I'll just leave it at that.

Personally, I like the theory of Unwol being Shioon's father, but I have even less justification for that, so I'll leave that alone too.
    I don't understand why you believe that Mister Lee was killed by 9AD. In chapter 8, where his name is mentioned, they say that Mister Lee is part of the enforcement coalition and is waiting for the next Nine Arts Dragon to come out of the school. Present tense means he is still alive. Jae-Oh Kang, (Sera's grandfather and principal of the school) was killed by 9AD but Mister Lee has not been involved with 9AD so far based on what we know. And he is still alive since he is still part of the enforcement coalition.

As for Un-Wol being the father, it is too far fetched. Having 9AD's master being the father of 9AD's disciple is taking it too far. It's like saying that Shi-Woon was destined to be the successor of the Black Heaven and Earth School because his father was the master. It goes too much on the destiny aspect and leaves out the originality of this story that destiny is not already written, but it is created by the people themselves based on their choices.
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; June 30, 2014 at 06:03 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

OK! You forced me to look it up!

Everything is from the original Breaker:
    Here is Chapter 8, page 21 and they say Mr Lee
    Spoiler show

Here is Chapter 41, pages 13 - 15 and the name changes to Kang Jae Oh of the Mil Yang School.
    Spoiler show

I'm almost positive that they are the same person. Chapter 8 was translated by [kmts] and the other chapter was translated by [a-team].

What we need to do to know for sure, is to get untranslated versions of ch 8 and 41 to compare the names.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm really sorry but I still cannot understand your reasoning. My point again is the same.
    In the chapters you mention:
    1. We have a character related to the creation and purpose of the school who is part of the enforcement coalition, named Mr Lee.
    Spoiler show

2. We have Sera's grandfather, Kang Jae Oh, who is mentioned as president or principal of the school, (not creator).
    Spoiler show

Two people with different name and different positions. That is what I see and that's how it makes sense to me, instead of starting from the point where the Authors' have made a mistake.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2