Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 102 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 100 101 102 103 104 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2004

Thread: The Wolf's Den

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Last Greenseer

Huh I won't be surprised if GRR Martin will add another book to the serie. And well...About the dragons, your wishes will come true but I don't know if you would be happy with it.

And no Garry, there is no need to say I spoiled, we all know they're going to be free one day or another.

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Huh I won't be surprised if GRR Martin will add another book to the serie. And well...About the dragons, your wishes will come true but I don't know if you would be happy with it.

And no Garry, there is no need to say I spoiled, we all know they're going to be free one day or another.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    No no no in reality it's all because Sansa=benelori and xi0=Sandor

>_>;;

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm not sure if it's only that, or the entire atmosphere as a whole. Plus, being North of the wall during the Winter, however long that will last, IS depressing. Especially if it plays out like I think it might and he'll probably be alone as far as humans go.
    Well I don't know what UR thinking of, but there has to be an instrumental role for him in fighting the Walkers...that's why I love it that he is there...I find the Walker story more intriguing than the dragon one, although they will be brought together in the end...

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Somehow I doubt benelori will like being Sansa
    Well...there was this quiz type of thingy...and the result generated an appropriate character...guess who came out for me

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is that quizz ?

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well I don't know what UR thinking of, but there has to be an instrumental role for him in fighting the Walkers...that's why I love it that he is there...I find the Walker story more intriguing than the dragon one, although they will be brought together in the end...
    Same here. North >>>>> Rest. That's why Bran and Jon's stories interest me so much more than most of the rest. Dany's story is okay for me, but I'm not loving her being so damn long in Meereen. Apart from the North, Jaime and Arya's POVs are the ones I'm most fan of.

However I'm struggling to figure out what Arya real purpose in the story is.. Mind you guys that Arya has yet to have a chapter in aDwD where I am at the moment (page 387 and read the Bran chapter at 520). However as I see it she will only become more of an assassin and become more of a faceless man. All the other POVs have some major relevance. Jaime is a commander of armies and highly influential in King's Landing and the plot itself. Jon the defender of the Wall and against the Others. Dany wants her throne and will be essential against the Others. Bran is becoming a satellite and history book etc etc. They're all highly influential on the plot. But what's Arya's purpose in the story? So what if she kills all on her hit list? All of them are important but Cersei, and she
    Spoiler show

Arya is basically excluded from everyone else and not in the loop of events at all. So I'm struggling to figure out what exactly GRRM has in mind for Arya. Telling her story is cool and very interesting. But in regards of the overall plot which is just massive, what will she contribute with?
    Last edited by 3c; July 03, 2012 at 05:19 PM.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is that quizz ?
    Dunno...I can't remember who linked it...it was in the win thread anyways...so you can ask around there...maybe it was Uste?

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Same here. North >>>>> Rest. That's why Bran and Jon's stories interest me so much more than most of the rest. Dany's story is okay for me, but I'm not loving her being so damn long in Meereen. Apart from the North, Jaime and Arya's POVs are the ones I'm most fan of.

However I'm struggling to figure out what Arya real purpose in the story is.. Mind you guys that Arya has yet to have a chapter in aDwD where I am at the moment (page 387 and read the Bran chapter at 520). However as I see it she will only become more of an assassin and become more of a faceless man. All the other POVs have some major relevance. Jaime is a commander of armies and highly influential in King's Landing and the plot itself. Jon the defender of the Wall and against the Others. Dany wants her throne and will be essential against the Others. Bran is becoming a satellite and history book etc etc. They're all highly influential on the plot. But what's Arya's purpose in the story? So what if she kills all on her hit list? All of them are important but Cersei, and she
    Spoiler show

Arya is basically excluded from everyone else and not in the loop of events at all. So I'm struggling to figure out what exactly GRRM has in mind for Arya. Telling her story is cool and very interesting. But in regards of the overall plot which is just massive, what will she contribute with?
    Well I always got the sense that Arya will get entangled with Dany...I mean at some point these characters will have to meet IMO...Jon with Bran, Arya with Dany and so on...so whatever happens in the Far East, it will have some significance for Arya...I mean we still have the Greyjoys there, Dany and the Imp, so there's lots of room to put her in...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about Cersei, the assholes and bitches are hard to eliminate.

I don't remember Arya's whole list anymore. I think there is not much left for her to kill anyway, so she'll find a new purpose. We already know Cersei's fate anyway.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing about Tyrion, Victarion, Quentyn, Dany etc is that they're all homing in on each other, or are within a decent radius of each other. Arya however is faaaaaaaaar away in Braavos. I don't see her leaving Braavos to travel to e.g. Pentos either. I think she'll leave Braavos for Westeros after she meets Jaqen and her training is complete or at a decent stage to continue on her hit list.

What could make Arya useful is her finally reuniting with Nymeria, and thus become a commander of a giant wolf army. If that happens I could see Bran contacting her and Arya traveling north with her immense wolf pack, teamed up with Bran with his super telephone.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about Cersei, the assholes and bitches are hard to eliminate.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Sister-cest what?
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Did you want to be Sansa?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

LOL...why is bene Sansa?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

And yeah....Dany

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

I completely agree about Arya by the way. It seems tangential, albeit interesting. And I never got the impression she'll meet up with Dany. It's much more Dany and Jon meeting up than anything else. He's the Blue Rose growing out of the chink in the Wall that Dany saw in her visions.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

And Gats is still too spoilery for my tastes

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Why isn't all of this taking place in the the BOOK THREAD?!

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Why isn't all of this taking place in the the BOOK THREAD?!
    Because all threads outside of MtM and, uh, yeah, sucks.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's such a nothing excuse

Country
    Norway