Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
Thread Closed
Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2004

Thread: The Wolf's Den

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Wolf's Den

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Haha, really? You think I'd say "new LP album" to one that came out in 2010?

The two previous ones have been horrible, with only one or two good songs each. Despite the few good songs, the albums didn't feel like LP at all anymore. Like you said it felt wrong. But I like the more rock style in the new one, it's not Hybrid Theory level, not even close, but it's closer to "back to basics" with the electronic guitars and funky mixed sounds. I'm ashamed to see the top 5 on Spotify be Living Things songs only however. Where the hell is classics from HT and Meteora like In the End, Numb, Faint, Breaking the Habit, Papercut etc etc!? I know the former three were on the top 5 before. While Faint is not among my personal top 5, it's a great song. The top 5 now is such a shame. I guess people are on the new hype at the moment. Songs like Lost in the Echo have potential to stay there IMO.

'Sup with your title btw? Having trouble sleeping, or just unrelated?
    I don't know. You could have meant like, "the new LP album" as in "the latest but definitely not the new LP album". And to be honest, I don't think they've been horrible, they've just not held as high class as the previous ones and as they kinda switched genre/focus it felt very awkward for people to listen to it and give non-biased criticism. I didn't really like much either but there's a couple of decent songs in both albums. To be honest, there's a lot of songs there that are really solid and yes, Hybrid Theory/ Minutes to Midnight classics are in my opinion still their best tracks but I'm happy their new album got such recognition and hype that they're top tracks atm. Still, looking at the older songs I see that they have around 60% popularity, which is a shame as they deserve 80%+ each and everyone of them.

I love Lost in the Echo & Skin to Bone. :3

Yes, I have trouble falling asleep. I usually fall asleep around four am nowadays. It's horrible. :/
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    No wonder people want a Ramsay chapter. A chapter means prologue or epilogue. And we know how those go...
    If we're not talking about Mel, I think everyone else who's had a single chapter has been and epi or prologue

I expect to get more chapters from her though, since a Jon POV will probably be delayed to build up suspense.

And I personally can't wait to see what happens with Meereen. Black sails flying in the preview chapter got me pumped

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. "Suspense". All you have to do is skim through the book until you find "Jon" or "Ghost" or a weird title describing Jon's status and look for a thought which is followed by "Jon thought". But yeah I agree it'll likely be delayed as much as possible

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Not everyone thumbs through the body of the book

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    maybe I will go through the Westeros forums sometime
    I can summarize what has been going the boards lately: Bloodraven is warging EVERYONE! Even me. Also, 70% of the characters are actually hidden Targaryens.

But kidding aside, the site is awesome, not that I ever write anything there, but I really enjoy reading the boards.
    Last edited by Ustegius; August 01, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Not everyone thumbs through the body of the book
    Exactly you do that Nuno?

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ustegius View Post
    I can summarize what has been going the boards lately: Bloodraven is warging EVERYONE! Even me. Also, 70% of the characters are actually hidden Targaryens.
    bringing one back is fine, any more would be ridiculous in my opinion

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, or well I do it sometimes to see how long it's until the next Bran chapter or whatever. But I'd do it in tWoW to see if there's any JON there, seriously, why not? It's not like I'll be more surprised 200 pages later. It's only a few hours, and I rather be put out of my misery.

That being said I'll likely be spoiled of Jon's survival before I get the book in my hands.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems most just assume he isn't dead just because of GRRM's plot/death rules and the consistency there. If he actually IS dead...what a troll

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I know right. It would make so little sense if he died so no one believes it

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe it'll be a testament to GRRM if he actually is dead and he can make sense of it and it still be a good story. No one probably went "Hey Ned's dead but THAS KEWL!" after reading the first book and look how it turned out.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Jon Snow is. not. dead.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

As I see it, Jon's the hero of the story, if you have to choose one. He's central where it really matters, and is the cliche "underdog whos heritage was hidden from him".

In addition GRRM strongly hinted that his parentage won't be revealed until the last book. So what's the point of telling us and making a big deal out of his parents if the guy is long dead? Nah, no question even. I'm not worried at all. The guy lives in some form or another.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

That's all rational thought of course. I would bet on him being "alive" too...I've said it many times before but "Ghost"

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you want him to do as Ghost? I mean I could see one chapter of him being Ghost, where he fulfills an important role: Becomes a real warg. Since getting resurrected/healed instantly shouldn't happen, and a bedridden Jon is a boring Jon, a chapter of Ghost/Jon could be cool. Being Ghost for a few hours. But having more than one chapter would be boring IMO. Besides wouldn't it be awful for Jon to be out of the game too long? Things don't exactly stand still while he is dreaming sweet dreams.

If we pretend he'll be resurrected somehow. Either through Mel, (or if the theories about Val being a priestess of the Old Gods), Val or some other form of magic (being reborn as AA or whatever). If resurrection is the case, it would likely hurt his character to be out long. Honesty it's a little over the top for him to survive the wounds he received by normal means. Being stabbed four times and all. Perhaps even more after his POV ended.

Thread Closed
Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 120 121 122 123 124 132 ... LastLast