Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: The Best Seinen is...?

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vinland Saga

20 22.99%
  • 20th Century Boys

11 12.64%
  • Vagabond

15 17.24%
  • Monster

17 19.54%
  • Blade of the Immortal

14 16.09%
  • Freezing

10 11.49%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Best Seinen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Seinen

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    I wish Billy Bat gets the recognition as other Urasawa works, I mean thew Billy Bat thread in the seinen section is dead, I feel like I am talking to myself, Urasawa fans get over there now! D:

Anyway, I voted for Monster, loved the protagonist and antagonist, the story, the masterful flow and everything.
    I don't like to read Urasawa work when I have to wait for the next chapter. The main quality is the scenario on his work & if I have to wait several weeks between each chapter, I would understand almost nothing to the scenario.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    I don't like to read Urasawa work when I have to wait for the next chapter. The main quality is the scenario on his work & if I have to wait several weeks between each chapter, I would understand almost nothing to the scenario.
    It is supposed to be bi-weekly I think, but the scans and raws are a bit off with each other, not to mention the releases, so yeah I can understand why that might throw off. D:

Also I just re read arcs and stuff all the time so I keep up and know what is going on all the time. xD

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just started Billy Bat, and already at chapter 8 you start to say : You're damn Urasawa, what other crazy story are you writing !!

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have only have read Monster and Vinland Saga ... and though i found Monster a good work, the end was not my cup of tea. Too subjective.
    So i am going to vote for Vinland Saga. A manga, that i already follow for quite some time, and that managed to continue being interesting even though it's monthly. It's really difficult for me to keep interested in a monthly manga ... but Vinland Saga is really good, and definitely a must read if you appreciate Seinen.

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Blade of the Immortal, one of my all time favorite manga. One of the few manga that can be placed in a literary genre (modernism) rather than just a manga genre.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted Vinland Saga, the greatest manga i've ever read, not more, nor less. Thorkell: best Mad character of ever. Askeladd: best calculator character of ever. Makoto Yukimura: a legend.

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4