Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: The Best Manga of 2011 is...?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hunter x Hunter

47 31.97%
  • Naruto

25 17.01%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

23 15.65%
  • One Piece

40 27.21%
  • Toriko

12 8.16%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Best Manga of 2011

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Manga of 2011

I'm supporting Naruto. The most enjoyable one this year for me.

ex oriente lux

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm nominating Hunter x Hunter.
    The hiatus ended just few months ago but the series made one hell of a comeback. It's been exciting ever since it restarted and let's not forget the heads up to the author who at long last decided to go over 20 chapters in a row since 5 or 6 years ago, or maybe even more, lost count

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan

we're still deciding on what to do with the tie breakers, and I'm seeing if I can include your "votes"-nominations or not... as they are late...*

*we do have time zone differences, so maybe we'll include your "votes"-nominations... but we may not, so I'm not sure yet if we'll allow them or not.

(I'll get back to you guys/girls, as soon as I can - as soon as we decide on what to do)

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Your votes have been counted, as officially they were not late (phio-chan official ended it at ~2 pm), my apologizes for my mess up. Everything has been updated.

---------- Post added January 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was January 08, 2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

There's a Poll up for Breaking the Tie (see OP), so go vote in the poll!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 09, 2012 at 01:50 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for One Piece
    Its my most favourite Manga. I started reading Manga with Naruto then Bleach, then Dragon ball and the OP, but OP has taken a place in my heart with all the humour and fun.
    All of the characters are stupid enough to put a smile on our faces no matter how many time we have read it.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Final vote starts only after the break tie

And as good as one piece is, it does not deserve the 2011 award. When one arc disapoints so many readers, he shouldn't have been in the nominees in the first place

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dr.mohd.arbash's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm supporting Naruto..
    Kishimoto-Sama <3
    My Naruto Vol. 50 <3

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

As K-dom already said,

Sorry, but the "voting" for the 5 nominations has ended, EXCEPT for the last nominations, the Tie Breaking, which is done via the Poll at the top. After, we've got our last nomination via the poll tie breaker, then we'll do the REAL-FINAL voting amongst the 5 nominations for the Winner of the Award of Best Manga of 2011. The poll should end in 3 days, which should be on Friday, I believe. You may of course post your comments here, but no votes within your posts will be counted, until the real voting starts up after we get these tie breakers done. So, please "Vote" via the Poll for now!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Vote for Toriko people! It's an awesome manga and has been awesome the whole year of 2011 without exception! Bring out the food lover in you and vote!

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Especially since Gamaran has lost some of its appeal recently

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member omegakai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I nominate Toriko

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner CristiStar's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I vote for toriko

most interesting mainstream manga since one piece

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully you guys/girls voted via-in the poll above... as posted votes aren't counted for this "Tie Breaker" Phase.

The actual VOTING for the single Winner of the Best Manga of 2011 will commence on Sat, I think. As soon as we get done-ready with these nominations, anyways. We should definately be starting by next week... I think, lol.

So if these posts were meant to be for the actual VOTING, please re-post these votes then when we start it, but not yet...
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 14, 2012 at 07:57 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

This year,I never expected such a comeback as the one in HxH. I really expect , in this category, an overwellming victory for HxH.
    Zodiac, Gin, Leorio, Hisoka, Illumi ... the overall quality of the current arc & the pace is just astonishing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Time has come !!! Time to vote upon who shall be the Winner of the Best Fantasy !!!!

The New Polls are ready for your votes to be caste !!!

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think HxH easily takes the crown in this, even if it came back only recently...the heartfelt conclusion of the last arc, and the stunning new intrigues in this new one make this manga of 2011 for me...of course considering just the nominees I have in the poll...but as far as shounen goes...it's HxH

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast