Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The Best Action Manga is...?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • One Piece

38 34.86%
  • Shingeki No Kyojin

12 11.01%
  • Dragon Ball

7 6.42%
  • Claymore

5 4.59%
  • Gantz

12 11.01%
  • Naruto

18 16.51%
  • Hunter x Hunter

17 15.60%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Best Action

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Action

That was so funny. What were the chances for all three tying again! Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind having 7 nominees for this category instead of 5.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miotara View Post
    That was so funny. What were the chances for all three tying again! Well, as far as I'm concerned, I don't mind having 7 nominees for this category instead of 5.
    Yeah clearly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It wasn't me!* If anything it was all of you who said-advocated to vote for specific nominees, laughs.

*Err... nevermind... I was one of the Naruto voters... I plead 1/4 guilty, lol

(I don't know HxH, so it was just Naruto and Gantz, and while Gantz also has great action, Naruto has greater... and is more epic... my opinion only... as I do still like Gantz too very much, as it has some good action and cough "action" wink cough, hehe, amd a 2nd season would be awesome! sighs)

it was priorly at (so Naruto and HxH each got 2 more of your+mine votes since then, lol):

Gantz: 18
    Naruto: 16
    Hunter x Hunter: 16

laughs

------------------------------------------

Moderator message by: HegemonKhan

anyways....

we've decided, to do what miotara suggested:

All 3 (Gantz, Naruto, and Hunter x Hunter) will be joining the other 4 nominees, for a total of 7 nominees!

Also, I think the commencement (start) of the actual VOTING for the Winner of Best Action will be on Sat, I think. So don't start posting your votes just yet, please!
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; January 14, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HegemonKhan View Post
    It wasn't me!* If anything it was all of you who said-advocated to vote for specific nominees, laughs.

*Err... nevermind... I was one of the Naruto voters... I plead 1/4 guilty, lol

(I don't know HxH, so it was just Naruto and Gantz, and while Gantz also has great action, Naruto has greater... and is more epic... my opinion only... as I do still like Gantz too very much, as it has some good action and cough "action" wink cough, hehe, amd a 2nd season would be awesome! sighs)

it was priorly at (so Naruto and HxH each got 2 more of your+mine votes since then, lol):

Gantz: 18
    Naruto: 16
    Hunter x Hunter: 16

laughs

------------------------------------------

anyways....

we've decided, to do what miotara suggested:

All 3 (Gantz, Naruto, and Hunter x Hunter) will be joining the other 4 nominees, for a total of 7 nominees!

Also, I think the commencement (start) of the actual VOTING for the Winner of Best Action will be on Sat, I think. So don't start posting your votes just yet, please!
    Gantz always had more action than Naruto (you seem to know only the anime ?) ... And I'm actually surprised that Hunter X Hunter received even one vote. There isn't that much action in Hunter x Hunter, mind games & situational battles is what is happening most of the time. There is a lot of adventure in HxH but action ? Not so much

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... I've looked at the Gantz manga a bit too... but not Naruto manga at all. I just prefer watching anime more... well... that's not the case, it'd just be too much work to try to get reading the big series... lots of pages to read... lol... so I'm just sticking with watching the animes.. also, I couldn't handle so many mangas either, and Claymore takes all my time and effort to discuss and research, hehe

I'd say both Gantz and Naruto are for the most part almost pure action (ignoring the fillers within Naruto obviously), so it came down to just my own personal taste... Gantz' action is just for enjoyment... Naruto's action has more epicness and meaning... I just prefer Naruto's action over Gantz' action, so I chose Naruto... and Naruto has (imo) much better quality action, some really epic and awesome battles, that's not to say that Gantz' battles aren't intense and awesome too, just that I like Naruto's over Gantz.

Anyways, that was my thought processii, of my vote for the tie breaker...

... as for my actual vote now.. if you hadn't guess.. it goes-went to Claymore, hehe

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

The Time has come !!! Time to vote upon who shall be the Winner of the Best Fantasy !!!!

The New Polls are ready for your votes to be caste !!!
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When was the last decent Naruto battle? Kisame vs Gai? Naruto had a lot of action this year so I expect it to win this year. I'll vote for Dragon ball. Action is still awesome to this day.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    When was the last decent Naruto battle? Kisame vs Gai? Naruto had a lot of action this year so I expect it to win this year. I'll vote for Dragon ball. Action is still awesome to this day.
    Is that an actual criterium for your vote?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Is that an actual criterium for your vote?
    Well I personally didn't like all the battles Naruto had in the war. Most of them felt boring to me. Some were great of course but others could be easily forgotten. aka Kinkaku and Ginkaku.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, but this year, the genre categories are overall categories...so if I voted Naruto, I voted because of the entire collection of battles...and some of them are just brilliant, not just good...

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I would go with One Piece if we are talking about ongoing mangas. I just really enjoy its battles and all the action.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

One Piece?No.The fights,while entertaining,are not really complex and most of the times your everyday shonen rumble.

Dragonball?No.It did introduce us to an entirely new form of fighting in manga,but it does not convince me overall.

Claymore?No.I was never really fond of the action in Claymore.The swordfigths feel rather lame(like in Bleach) and even though the special abilities are usually quite interesting,they won't turn the tides in Claymore's favor.

Gantz?No.The manga is full of action,most of it being badass,but after some time it turns into gun-spammage.

Now,here's where it gets tough.The remaining three(Naruto,Shingeki no Kyojin,HunterxHunter) are great in their own right.HunterxHunter has only few battles,but those are extremely complex and well executed.The battlesystem alone is dazzling.The possibilites are endless,which allows for creative powers while staying coherent.This sometimes makes fights unnecessarily complicated,though,thus undermining the flow of the action.Naruto avoids that problem,by having a varied fighting system,but still keeping it simple.The fights are incredibly fun,intensified by Kishimoto's amazing art, and always have at least a small interesting twist to them.Shingeki no Kyojin has captivating action as well.It's very thrilling and the atmosphere that's created in those action scenes makes it easy to empathize with the characters.Yet,I think I'll go with Naruto here.The sheer amount of great action trumps both,HunterxHunter and Shingeki no Kyojin.Maybe,as time goes by,Shingeki no Kyojin will convince me more.

14. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Winner of Best Action Manga is (drum rolls).... One Piece!

Spoiler: The Final Voting Results show

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3