Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Oga will

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • End up with Aoi

16 20.25%
  • End up with Hilda

28 35.44%
  • be a loner delinquent and reject both

6 7.59%
  • things will go on like this till end ie undecisive

29 36.71%
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who will Oga end up with?

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will Oga end up with?

Hilda does fit a Taurus quite easily. It makes sense that the two girls who have such a strong rivalry would actually have a lot more in common than meets the eye!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Things will go on like this till the end, so undecisive. I will add though that I think Aoi has a better shot than Hilda. Aoi (specifically her "alter-ego") is the only person Oga is nice and considerate towards, a stark contrast to his behavior for everyone else save Beel. You also have the ongoing situation with Aoi and a male character who is a counterpart to Oga, Izou Aiba. Finally, Aoi's grandfather is supportive of his granddaughter marrying Oga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot about Aoi Kunie, I really wish she comes back since she really has more chances than Kunieda.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Things will go on like this till the end, so undecisive. I will add though that I think Aoi has a better shot than Hilda. Aoi (specifically her "alter-ego") is the only person Oga is nice and considerate towards, a stark contrast to his behavior for everyone else save Beel. You also have the ongoing situation with Aoi and a male character who is a counterpart to Oga, Izou Aiba. Finally, Aoi's grandfather is supportive of his granddaughter marrying Oga.
    Lol what?! I think Oga has been PLENTY considerate towards Hilda, way more than with anyone else. He went ALONE to save her, he got PISSED (a lot) when that mofo of Jabberwock tried to kill her, not to mention that he is VERY sensitive when it comes to Hilda getting close to him (remember when he jumped out of his bed as soon as he discovered she was sleeping next to him? You don't do that if you don't have reasons to feel uncomfortable, not to mention the fact that Oga showed that he liked Hilda's usual personality a lot, and he tried to bring her back as fast as he could). BUT, when he realized Hilda truly looked happier without her memories, he purposely thrown the memory serum made by Doc. Furcas... definitely showing how much he cares about her. Actually, that was a very touching moment. Hilda too has shown feelings for Oga and I'm sure she is pretty damn grateful for what he did, despite the fact that she's probably not gonna admit it... ever (or, at least, for many, many chapters). Give them time! Aoi has a one sided crush to which Oga is also totally clueless. On top of that, Hilda is the other parent of Beel, and since initially Oga didn't want to be Beel's parent but gradually got to love the little guy, I believe the next step is for the parents to gradually get closer, since Hilda too didn't like Oga at first, but later her other pesonality showed she has feelings for him and everything that's happening now is clearly pointing towards that direction. They're closing the gap. Slowly but surely. A love triangle with Aoi which involves Oga himself would be totally uncalled for. I like how things look now: A love triangle in which only the girls are fighting over Oga, with Aoi being lovely in doing that and Hilda giving her the cold shoulder whenever the chance arises, mainly because she's jealous that Beel's like Aoi too, while Aoi is jealous of Hilda being Oga's "wifey". I love things as they are!
    Last edited by S-H-I-G-U-R-E; March 29, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Tamura give us some hints in chapter 150, when Yuka and Chiaki think that Oga is cute with his harem condition.
    Sometimes you have to read between the lines

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I just read it. Awesome chapter, as always! But I still think that Hilda and Oga will have to "settle down" at some point. They're raising a child together, after all! Though I believe it will be at the very end of the manga or pretty close to it, unless Aiba is ready to grant us a few surprises. Tamura-sensei is famous for trolling his readers, after all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if, after this chapter which hints to a perma-harem situation, things will suddenly take a more definite turn in one direction. It wouldn't be the first time! Another reason why I love Beelzebub!

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ On a platonic level, I can totally see Oga and Hilda having a sham marriage, or at least moving in together after high school.

On a platonic level, I like how Aoi is always there to give Oga support when he's fighting, and I can easily see that bond growing past the end of the manga.

I agree with Doraku, both should stay. Hilda has already confessed that demon men keep concubines, and in this chapter (ch 150) both girls were quite friendly with each other. Oga is a clueless idiot, as usual.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teeba View Post
    Hilda has already confessed that demon men keep concubines, and in this chapter (ch 150) both girls were quite friendly with each other. Oga is a clueless idiot, as usual.
    I didn't notice but I think this is they first time they been together without sniping at each other since the volleyball match!
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Its such awesome yet subtle development, I wonder how long it'll last this time!

Though, realistically speaking, I think it is because Hilda has been holding Beel the whole time, and he's made no fuss about wanting to be held by Aoi. If they become friends for real, there is no way the love triangle will ever solve itself. Which is the best option, IMO.

Translator 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah i doubt he will pick either. it would be just too sad for the other one whos left out.
    and besides hes "clueless" to these kind of things. he wouldn't wana pick , cause it's "troublesome"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Oga will go with Hilda, I think this because Hilda is warming to Oga and if they did get together before the end of the manga you can still have the Aoi jokes where she tries to win Oga off of Hilda.

I hope that he chooses both.

To the quote about Oga jumping out of bed when Hiilda was in it there is a point you missed out, he knew that if she got her memories back then she would beat him up for it too.
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, I've been thinking lately what would those two girls react if Tamura suddenly introduces third girl in mini-arc or something who is acting dere dere to Oga? I know this manga is not a harem/romance, but I'm kinda curious if both of them would bite the bait

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Mhhh... that would be interesting, but I prefer just Hilda and Aoi in the love triangle!

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    I think that Oga will go with Hilda, I think this because Hilda is warming to Oga and if they did get together before the end of the manga you can still have the Aoi jokes where she tries to win Oga off of Hilda.
    I really can't see Aoi going after Oga even after he got together with Hilda. The only reason she's allowed herself to even have this crush is because she knows that there's nothing going on between them. I'm not saying it wouldn't be funny, but there's a difference between vying for someone's love, and wanting to break up an existing relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by bleach fan 101 View Post
    To the quote about Oga jumping out of bed when Hiilda was in it there is a point you missed out, he knew that if she got her memories back then she would beat him up for it too.
    I've always thought that scene was more about Oga's personal space being invaded rather than him being too scared to do anything. That sounds more like something Furuichi would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Eh, I've been thinking lately what would those two girls react if Tamura suddenly introduces third girl in mini-arc or something who is acting dere dere to Oga? I know this manga is not a harem/romance, but I'm kinda curious if both of them would bite the bait
    You know what would be even funnier? If said girl wasn't interested in Oga romantically, but Oga interprets it as such and turns her down point blank.

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    Mhhh... that would be interesting, but I prefer just Hilda and Aoi in the love triangle!
    Agreed.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oga is an evil kind of innocent. I personally hope he stays that way right up until the very even of the series. If only for the sake of Hilda and Aoi whom I hope slide deeper and deeper into jealous competition with one another.

They make such good rivals. And given Hilda's personality she might even justify liking Oga in her mind by telling herself that she's trying to win his affections out of sheer competitiveness.

----------------------------------------

As for picking one or the other I still slighty lean Hilda I think but I really like Aoi. So either really would be fine. This isn't like some other series(Naruto) where I have a clear preference.

I would also be opposed to any type of harem deal, and anybody who knows my general pairing preferences would know that's somewhat unusual for me, the reason being that it just would go so strongly against who Hilda and Aoi are. There are some characters that can genuinely work with, if done right, but I don't think either Aoi or Hilda are suited. They'd murder each other and probably Oga too; because they just aren't the types to ever exist in harmony with one another.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 19, 2012 at 09:35 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast