Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Spring Anime 2012 Preview Guide

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spring Anime 2012 Preview Guide

Now I've got something to really look forward to this April:

KyoAni has scheduled there adaption of the light novel mystery series Hyoka for this spring. The script will be written by Gatou Shoji, author of the Full Metal Panic novels. Takemoto Yasuiro, director of Lucky Star and The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi will direct.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...yoka-for-april

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rudorofu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it that time of the year already for Spring previews? o_o Where did the time go...? Hm, I was immediately attracted to the obvious pair of breasts horror central one, Tasogare OtomexAmnesia. Other than that, there's nothing that significantly stands out amongst the others :S Don't think I'll be looking out for any others unless there will be others added to the line-up later on.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity yukihime03's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait.. wait.. Hiiro no Kakera?
    Okay, I did hear that it will be made into anime but I did not realize it is true...
    The art looks great like in the game (well, Idea Factory's games are known for the beautiful art), but I've read that the story is crappy... I do not know for sure since I don't play the game myself (I just enjoy the beautiful pictures of the boys ) but I hope the story will be good. I'll watch it anyway to look at the bishies... I will not miss Takuma.

Oh.. and Shining Hearts looks good too... Another game that is being made into anime, huh...
    Last edited by yukihime03; February 02, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Tasogara Otome x Amnesia for sure. The manga is great and if it has dark atmosphere then we can truly have something better than Gosick imo. I love the manga a lot because it centers around a ghost whose life is one huge mystery, it has sometimes has creepy panels like these and I am confident that this anime will bring justice to it.

Medaka box: well it has a midnight slot, so I am quite serious when the battles will start
    Last edited by Koen; February 25, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Below are the series that have caught my eye from this spring season:

Kuroko no Basket
    Accel World
    Zetman
    Shining Hearts
    Hiiro no Kakera
    Hyoka

I don’t think I will watch them all, so the list will be reduce to 2, 3 series max.
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it's Accel World and Shining Hearts. I can't afford any more... XD

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eureka Seven AO is a must watch for me.

I think I'll probably pass on the rest for one reason or another...

Accel World looks decent but it's a genre I really dislike so I'll probably skip it, I'm just not a big fan of the whole alternate gaming reality stuff.
    Kuroko no Basket is kinda the same to me. I'm not a huge "sports themed anime" fan either.
    Fate/Zero is a prequel so I'll pass on that.
    Medaka Box and Zetaman are both series I'm familiar with but not huge fan of, so I'll pass on those.

And the rest just kinda seems like the standard stuff. Except for AKB0048 which has a description that makes it sound truly and exceptionally awful.

"In the beginning of the 21st century, a world war breaks out over interplanetary travel tech. The environment is pretty much destroyed so mankind leaves Earth and starts Star Calendar 00. Entertainment and songs become heavily regulated and eventually banned due to thier power to move people, but a brave idol group puts on a guerilla performance in the name of a famous act from earlier times that sang to Earth's bitter end, AKB 48.
    The illegal revival group's name is....AKB0048.
    "

Maybe this is just a cultural difference showing up, but I honestly can't even imagine how somebody thought making this was a good idea.
    Last edited by Jammin; March 17, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I´ll will watch following Seres:

Zetman -----> I have read the manga, which was great ( I stopped it at some point because of slowing scanlations >.> )
    Kuroko no Basket ----->Although I don´t like "Slam Dunk", I´m reading the manga "Kuroko no Basket" and I will watch the anime-version of that
    Medaka Box -----> I´m reading the manga and I also wanted to see the anime.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Spring Season's anime will arrive soon so I'm going to update the final chart. Here are all the series/movies that are going to appear this spring:

Spoiler show

Series I'm going to check out:

Hyouka: Sounds interesting, I'm on a mystery trip anyway. Recommended by Kait so I have high hopes for the show

Uchuu Kyodai: Since "STARS" I'm really interested in space related mangas so I wonder if the series will deliver the quality I missed in the WSJ series.

Medaka Box: I really like the series and especially loved the beginning so it's a must watch for me

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia: Heard quite a few good things about and it's a mystery/horror, so I'm definitely going to check it out.

Zetman: Tried the manga once but stopped because I was too busy back then, I'm going to take the opportunity and see if it's worth reading.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; March 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My list of the anime series I’m going to watch this spring anime season has changed a little bit, here’s the new one:

- Zetman
    - Sakamichi no Apollon
    - Hyouka
    - Koroku no Basuke

Out of the four, the one I’m looking forward the most is Sakamichi no Apollon. I can’t wait to watch the first episode of SnA!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post
    My list of the anime series I’m going to watch this spring anime season has changed a little bit, here’s the new one:

- Zetman
    - Sakamichi no Apollon
    - Hyouka
    - Koroku no Basuke

Out of the four, the one I’m looking forward the most is Sakamichi no Apollon. I can’t wait to watch the first episode of SnA!
    No, Eureka Seven AO? How can you miss out one what will almost certainly be a story of young love and coming of age animated by BONES? I would have thought that would be right up your alley.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Uchuu Kyodai: Since "STARS" I'm really interested in space related mangas so I wonder if the series will deliver the quality I missed in the WSJ series.
    Have you read/watched Planetes yet? If not, I highly recommend doing so. I haven't checked Uchuu Kyodai yet, intend to, but I still dare to say that Planetes is the king of the hill when it comes down to space stories.

My interests haven't changed much. Uchuu Kyodai, Zetman, Hyoka, Eureka Seven Ao. Then with certain curiosity Apollon, Tsuritama and Jormungand. And Jump anime is always Jump anime.

The major new interest is the new Lupin the 3rd tv-series. I saw the PV and promomaterial and shiiiiet the style looks cool. I just hope it doesn't lose the old chill and hilarious Lupin feel. What I saw of the new style, it might get bit heavy. Lupin needs to light imho. It's part of the franchise.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BlackWings's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Watched the first episode of space brothers awhile ago, its going to be really interesting, thought i still have doubts about the older brother's 'perv' side, since I hate that type of sides.

Looking forward to zetman, phi brain s2, korewa zombie desu ka?, also the scryed movie.

As for eureka seven, the first season was really good, thought I think that this one will suck, the main char being a kid and all that stuff..

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Renton was a kid too. I think this one will be growth story just like the previous one. Though if the anime follows the same lines as the manga AO, it might be bit dissapointing. Read a couple of chapters and it was rather meh.

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by destiny4ever View Post

- Zetman
    - Sakamichi no Apollon
    - Hyouka
    - Koroku no Basuke

Certainly the one with thew most promise, staff wise at least, Sakamichi no Apollon, this series will have some cult following I can see it, I have not see a good series recently with a following like Madoka had last year.

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast