Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210

View Poll Results: Who is the Best Villain?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Akainu (One Piece)

26 17.81%
  • Tobi (Naruto)

19 13.01%
  • Hisoka (Hunter X Hunter)

51 34.93%
  • Johan Liebert (Monster)

18 12.33%
  • Light Yagami (Death Note)

32 21.92%
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Best Villain

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Josef K. View Post
    Griffith is easily the best villain out there, but out of these choices Light is certainly the best in terms of his ideals and psychotic development, his cunning ways of executing his plans, his evil aura as a person, the facial expressions, the psychological aspect and the suffering and pain that he caused so many, not to mention mass killings fit perfectly for a villain.
    Ideals and psychotic development usually is what KILLS a villain.

A really badass villain doesn't care about goals, but self-enjoyment. Light wanted a better world or some shit like that. It was still altruistic. I see him as the same as Aikanu...a boring chapter, completely predictable.

And no one has better facial expressions than Hisoka.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Grenze MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

A really badass villain doesn't care about goals, but self-enjoyment. Light wanted a better world or some shit like that. It was still altruistic. I see him as the same as Aikanu...a boring chapter, completely predictable.

Failing as a villain is part of being a villain though. I mean not always but in shounen it happens oh so often.

Well the best category where Light will win actually is anti-hero, that is what he is by literary definition anyway.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Failing as a villain is part of being a villain though. I mean not always but in shounen it happens oh so often.
    Well the best category where Light will win actually is anti-hero, that is what he is by literary definition anyway.
    Meh. Villains win all the time, but they're defeated always with lame scenes. An awesome villain and worth to win is that one who is not beaten. </trollface>

And maybe. I completely HATE Light, if you have read me. There are better anti-heroes in manga.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh. Villains win all the time, but they're defeated always with lame scenes. An awesome villain and worth to win is that one who is not beaten. </trollface>

And maybe. I completely HATE Light, if you have read me. There are better anti-heroes in manga.
    Haha, I understand in fact I just remembered some better villain and anti-heroes, I would not even know how to define Lelouch form Code Geass but I am surprised he is not competing in any category.

As for villains, Bakune Young and that mutant thing, I forgot his name from the works of Matsunaga are really good villains imo, really drive the story around as well and they are not beaten in a lame way, Aizen has been giving villains a bad name all too much, but imo he is a good one.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO, Lelouch is only a poor version of Kira. Plus, when we think about Code Geass, we are often talking about the anime (more than the manga).

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    IMO, Lelouch is only a poor version of Kira. Plus, when we think about Code Geass, we are often talking about the anime (more than the manga).
    Well these are manga AND anime awards so ... xD

I mean going through the threads I think the opinion stood that these were only manga awards, not that anime-only characters nominated.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Light is going to get my vote. No need to explain why. It's one of those characters, that you will never forget.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would vote for Hisoka if he actually did Villain like things such as killing someone important to Gon. OMG I just thought of something! If he kills Mito-san Gon will go crazy on his ass.

MH's Most Awesome Staffer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ustegius's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

So killing random people for fun doesn't qualify for being a villain? Okay.

And these are manga awards. Anime awards is separate thing. Unless they merged without my knowledge

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well these are manga AND anime awards so ... xD
    this is completely manga related, the anime awards are seperated from it.
    And I agree that Lelouch is just a rip-off, a good rip-off but I prefer the original.

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Light is going to get my vote. No need to explain why. It's one of those characters, that you will never forget.
    I agree. A good villain (for me) is someone I can sympathize with even though I know that what he's doing is evil and wrong, someone who causes all kinds of feelings in me and not just hate. I honestly wouldn't have mind to see him win, just to break this rule of the villain loosing everytime (in the end). Light was a charismatic, interesting and complex character, Hisoka is kinda similar but Light moved me way more so he gets my vote.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ero-Sanji's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    I would vote for Hisoka if he actually did Villain like things such as killing someone important to Gon. OMG I just thought of something! If he kills Mito-san Gon will go crazy on his ass.
    He can't kill someone important to Gon, since that will force Gon to attack him until death. As a true predator Gon isn't ripe enough to get reaped by the grim reaper himself.

Hisoka is the greatest of the bunch, imo, it's a battle between demons and the grim reaper himself. The others are driven by moral, ideals and goals, Hisoka has knowledge of such things, but has no use of them except for challenging himself. He's not a nihilist as the great Joker, he's more like a bored God watching down on puny creatures searching for that special one worth of his attention and power.
    Fate of Darkness vs Rubber Dream
    Purple Dragon vs Three-sword-Dragon
    Alcohol vs Money
    Lazy Eye vs Eye Lie
    Wrestling Jesus vs Cooking Pervert
    Horseman of Death vs Deer Life
    Decaying Female vs Blooming Demon
    Battleship vs Cyborg
    Gentleman with wings vs Gentleman with bones

THIS BATTLE HAS IT ALL!!!

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the others just have values & a goal. Akainu believe in absolute justice: order & perish the weak, Tobi want to create a new world, Kira want to get rid of criminality by introducting fear & even Johann have a goal ...But that hisoka just want to have some fun: Bad or good ... Hisoka just doesn't care. This is a man who is getting sexually aroused when thinking about playing/killing toys. He doesn't kill for a reason ... He kill people because killing people is fun. THAT'S A REAL VILLAIN.

Hisoka is a villain who knows he is a villain & just love it. He is completely unpredictable, strong & a sociopath. The only reason Gon & Killua are alive is because Hisoka want a greater fun than the one they can provide at their current level.

Akainu is respecting orders, He is just a puppet ... Hisoka is a puppeteer.
    Akainu will be forgotten in 4-5 years & Hisoka will enter manga history as one of the greatest characters created.
    He is to shounen what Joker is to comics: an immortal.
    Last edited by zelllogan; January 17, 2012 at 04:11 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    That would make him cliché, actually, if Gon is not at his same level. More after all the caring He's having to play with him when the times comes. Mito is not a really something to prey. It can't defend and doesn't provide the fun He needs to kill.
    That's why He's more awesome than the pussies you're voting (plural and not talking directly to you :P)

And I completely agree about the Joker comparison. He's not THAT good yet, but it's on the good path. And let's be honest: Joker stole all the Batman series by being simply awesome and a sociopath. Best character of DC out of Vertigo characters.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol Different opinions I guess. Its always been in my head that unless you do something to the protag that you aren't really a villain in my eyes. An evil dude for sure, but not the main focus so to say.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shrimp's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO, Johann Liebert not only is the best villain amongst the nominees, he is THE villain. He is a manipulative and charismatic bastard with a cold, calculating mind, who doesn't feel a thing for other human beings. Although Hisoka isn't far behind, but maybe not for the same reasons.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast