Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: The Best Death/Saddest Moment is...?

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Meryem and Komugi's death

38 27.34%
  • Kushina and Minato's death

17 12.23%
  • Jiraiya's death

31 22.30%
  • Maes Hughe's death

18 12.95%
  • Merry Go viking's funeral

35 25.18%
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Best Death/Saddest Moment

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Death/Saddest Moment

Hxh surreal? And yo say that being killed due a demon fox coming out of you while you're pregnant is not? REALLY?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

2. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Eloah's Avatar
    Country
    Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

She Komugi, the blind girl - He, the King Meryem whose name means the light shining on everthing, they both have no sight at all in the end, which leads to the black panel and only bubles of texting. It's so simple that it created huge impact on me.
    The rest 4, they are kinda forgettable.
    I'm not ok. You're not ok. But as long as we're ok then It's ok

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zozo96's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Hxh surreal? And yo say that being killed due a demon fox coming out of you while you're pregnant is not? REALLY?
    Lol. You misunderstood me. In shounen mangas, it is normal sometimes things get really unreal, over exaggerated, or illogical for better word. Now, surreal, that's another category. I didn't mean it for all-negative meaning regarding HxH. Hell, that's kinda compliment. Sorry if you get offended by that. It's only I found myself confused reading HxH time to time that I just couldn't grasp the feeling you guys might had. That's why I didn't feel sad at all.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zozo96 View Post
    Lol. You misunderstood me. In shounen mangas, it is normal sometimes things get really unreal, over exaggerated, or illogical for better word. Now, surreal, that's another category. I didn't mean it for all-negative meaning regarding HxH. Hell, that's kinda compliment. Sorry if you get offended by that. It's only I found myself confused reading HxH time to time that I just couldn't grasp the feeling you guys might had. That's why I didn't feel sad at all.
    Don't worry I was not offended at all and it was meant with an humorous tone. I always talk like that, for future references when I may be modding your ass.

And I know what you mean but the pick of the word and that being used as an argument was a bit weird. And sometimes people confuse for the lack of faces when there is an emotive dialogue but it's why I think Togashi nailed it. He made two characters blong, shared that feeling with the reader and still being able to maintain at full intensity the deaths of both characters which I REPEAT they were not even the favorites (And as a fact, top 5 most hated ones) and generate full empathy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zozo96's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Don't worry I was not offended at all and it was meant with an humorous tone. I always talk like that, for future references when I may be modding your ass.

And I know what you mean but the pick of the word and that being used as an argument was a bit weird. And sometimes people confuse for the lack of faces when there is an emotive dialogue but it's why I think Togashi nailed it. He made two characters blong, shared that feeling with the reader and still being able to maintain at full intensity the deaths of both characters which I REPEAT they were not even the favorites (And as a fact, top 5 most hated ones) and generate full empathy.
    Then give me another word to describe the weirdness of that scene! I chose 'surreal'. Do you have another one better?

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

We are talking about the saddest moment. I'm fully agree that there are some holy-cow chemistry between Komugi and Maryem. However, it is like, totally out of the world, even the world of HxH. May be Togashi sensei was in trance or something when he was drawing that part. I'm not an art or psychology person. Judge me all you want. You think that is some sad moment. I myself don't think so.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

While meryem and koumugi is a close second...its nonetheless a second to me. Death of minato and kushina is the saddest one. Even though we knew what's gonna happen, it was still heartbraking to actually witness the scene.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6