Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    1. The contest ends in about 2 weeks and a few days so that means January something is the last day right?
    If I count it correctly the nomination round would end on January 7th, 2012.

2. The nomination that has the most votes wins in each category by the end of the contest right? Or will we have a voting round after all the nominations that didn't make the cut are taken out?
    It is not like that. At the end of the nomination round, we will take 5 nominees which is being nominated/voted the most. They will proceed to the voting round, in which we will use polls to determine the winner. In case we have ties, we'll have a mini polling session to get 5 names/titles to go to the voting round.

3. Can a voter post a reason why something shouldn't be nominated or post about why their nomination is the best choice to get more voters? (I mean as long as the post is not inflammatory or bashing in regards to other nominations. )
    That is why you can give a reason as to why your nomination deserves to be the winner. I think you can at least ask why a certain name is being nominated to a member who nominate it. Use spoiler tags if needed, and please avoid using offensive manners as this is intended for fun. As long as everyone can keep the atmosphere friendly and fun, I don't see a problem. After all, it is like 'campaigning', right? ^^

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok sounds good to me, also I hope the 3 line limit isn't mandatory. I certainly can write an entire paragraph about why a certain nomination should win and stuff.

Quote Quote:
    How to submit a nomination
    Submit a nomination for the different award categories by posting in their respective thread and by explaining why said series/character/event deserves to be a nominee for that award category. The explanation cannot be longer than three lines.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think three lines is a good amount; within three lines you can write several ideas to why a character or a series is worth being nominated and voted for, without spoiling too much or putting a too-long summary. Well, we can enjoy extra one or two lines but more would be a bit too much.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If I remember, last year there was also a turn to decide of the tie between the nominations. I guess the discussion will be more important during this part

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it would've been better if only the 2011 contents of a manga were considered, if we were to turn this event into a regular annual one. This can be like 'people's choice of 2011' list. Then we wouldn't have to exclude winners of previous year either since only the content in the corresponding year will come into play. We could also create a system of ranking weekly/monthly. Then we can add the weekly points and add the points given by reviewers and publish a 'critique's choice' list for different categories. I guess its too late for this year, but if we can do this from the next year...then it can be a great thing...like imdb of manga.
    Last edited by ashher; December 25, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

this is great,I didn't take part at this contest last year but I am really enjoying this, right now

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the first week is done with and a lot of votes have come in for most categories. Some of them are close like best fight, and best full cast. While others are a landslide like Best completed manga which looks like FMA will win hands down because of sheer nominations lol.

I'm looking up some of the manga nominated and I'm enjoying a few of them but others I can't get into. I have to say though, some of the nominations make it hard not to vote for them while others make me wonder why it was nominated lol.

Its been a lot of fun and I can't wait for more votes and more nominations. BTW EVERYONE VOTE BLEACH WHERE I NOMINATED IT IN EACH CATEGORY. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours kinda deal.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

excuse me,I have a question: does the contest refer to the whole history of mangas,or just to what has been happening this year? for example,the best plot twist/epic moment,does it include DRAGON BALL or just what happened this year?

... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    excuse me,I have a question: does the contest refer to the whole history of mangas,or just to what has been happening this year? for example,the best plot twist/epic moment,does it include DRAGON BALL or just what happened this year?
    It refers to all years. So you can nominate Dragon Ball.

One of the exceptions is "Best Manga of 2011", which is obviously just for 2011 content.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that one of the global mods 'liked' my idea...so thanks bene. But i was kinda hoping from some more reactions from some other folks,mods and members. I guess you guys are too busy with the current event...i just hope that you'll consider what i proposed for the next year.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the main problem with a yearly award is to avoid that it becomes a big three award ( i wouldn't be against a no big three contest one year...)
    One of the good point of the awards is that they make us discover some new titles. I think a mix of yearly and global categories is the best solution

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Years to all of you. Its been 2 weeks since the contest has started so we are in the last stretch of the contest. Make sure to vote for nominations in all the categories.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    I think the main problem with a yearly award is to avoid that it becomes a big three award ( i wouldn't be against a no big three contest one year...)
    One of the good point of the awards is that they make us discover some new titles. I think a mix of yearly and global categories is the best solution
    The critique's list should make sure that big three can't take everything.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally think 1 manga can only win 2-3 categories tops. Anymore than that and it would be unfair to other mangas. Its like having One Piece for best Shounen, Manga of 2011, Action and Best fight. That kinda dominance would be boring and counterproductive to the awards.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed there are nowhere clear guild lines differencing support and main chars. I mean for example Erza Scarlett actually falls into the category female support, but she is also in female lead (which I voted). I mean she had her own fights, dedicated character development and is part of the main gang, but the actual leads of FT are Natsu and Lucy.

I personally think every character who is not appearing regularly can be counted as support. Anyway, just wanted to bring this issue up.

Also I wanted to throw a new category for a award: "Best manga quote"

kindly regards Bhair

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast