Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MH Manga Awards 2011 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Practically all categories should be renamed to "the best [insert a category] out of the most popular titles". One Piece for a reason unknown to me is the most popular manga here so it's in almost every category, even in the best artwork (or spread page where it's been nominated 2 times) *facepalm*.
    Why didn't you help the others series during the nomination then ? For most of the categories there was only 1 or 2 votes difference.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goral View Post
    Practically all categories should be renamed to "the best [insert a category] out of the most popular titles". One Piece for a reason unknown to me is the most popular manga here so it's in almost every category, even in the best artwork (or spread page where it's been nominated 2 times) *facepalm*.
    I tend to disagree, there's a fair share of rather unknown series too and quite a lot managed to advance to the final round. Of course you can not prevent the fact that popular series will most likely come far or win a specific award, that's a given and banning like f.ex. the big three would make quite a few people angry/disappointed (and would be unfair too).

The main goal I see in this award is the recommendation of series, maybe even making rather unknown series more popular. I can only speak for myself but there are series I checked out because of this award and I wasn't disappointed. I'm pretty sure that there are more people here who experienced the same.

Support the series you like, that will have a much bigger effect than complaining about popular series

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Yeah there really should be a rule that you can nominate different events from one manga series but the poll can't have more than one nomination per manga.

Like Female lead where Lucy and Erza are on the poll even though both are from Fairy Tail.
    now your first sentence is kinda contradicting am I right that you want the poll to only have one event/character of a series (and not two or three)? Seems not so good to me, we will respect the people's opinion and if they decide that there's more than one event/character in one series who's worth voting for I don't see the reason to forbid the series to advance.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    now your first sentence is kinda contradicting am I right that you want the poll to only have one event/character of a series (and not two or three)? Seems not so good to me, we will respect the people's opinion and if they decide that there's more than one event/character in one series who's worth voting for I don't see the reason to forbid the series to advance.
    But what happens is that the 5 slots are taken up by 2 or more events from one series. Lets take OP as an example for theoretical 2012 best death award.

People nominate Ace's death, Merry Go's death and Whitebeard's death. From there everyone's support and nominations are counted.

1. Ace's death: 7 supporters
    2. Merry Go's death:5 supporters
    3. Whitebeard's death: 4 supporters
    4. Random manga death: 6 supporters
    5. Random manga death: 3 supporters

every other manga: 1 or 2 nomination/supporters.

What that does is it make the poll very limited to events from one manga. Even if it was just 2 events thats still one poll slot that could have been given to another series.

I don't want to limit people's choices either but I personally don't think its right for one manga to have more than one slot in the poll which is already very limited in space to 5 slots.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ashher's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

after reading some of the posts, i think that some are expecting too much from a 'poll'. A poll will always reflect popularity, that's the very basic idea there. Sure one may think that popular works aren't the quality ones, but you can't force ppl to think that way...and awards will go to the popular ones in a poll. I don't see anything wrong with that...

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The voting round has ended, guys, thanks for participating in this contest this year as well. Be assured that we will publish the results as soon as possible, so please stay tuned, and keep an eye on this section.

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's finally time to announce the results of the Mangahelpers Manga Awards 2011!
    A big thanks to everyone who supported this event by nominating and voting for your favorite manga! All of you have voted and thus decided what is the best of the best in this vast world of manga!

We are happy to announce the results of the Awards HERE! Don't forget to take a look at what the STARS have voted for HERE, the STAFF's voting result can be found in this thread! You're free to discuss about the winners either in this thread or in the respective category threads

On behalf of the entire MH staff, thank you for participating!

-destiny4ever, benelori, 3c, Uriel, phio-chan, Josef K., Darjaille, blai, HegemonKhan, M3J and naruto-niichan.
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; February 06, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

No links are working

Bushy Brows MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    No links are working
    I have fixed that, check them out., thanks for the notice.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh,kinda dissapointed by the fact that Blade of the Immortal did not win anything.
    However,I am happy about Hisoka winning the so much deserved award for Best Villain!

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have to understand how GTO won best drama in the 3 votes...

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

can we see the other Final Voting Results ?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Hisoka won. And that's already a good thing. Hunter x Hunter had some winners due to the strong comeback last year. One piece won the most awards. It was expected but still a little disappointing.

Where I don't understand at all:
    Best Manhwa: I expected Tower of God to win easily. The breaker isn't bad but I just have the feeling that I read this kind of work a thousand times.
    Best plot twist: No comment, I already said enough in past posts.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Noblesse and Breaker have much more fan than Tower of God so it's not that surprising. I'm curious to know its result though. Could it be possible to unhide the polls results please ?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Every poll should be visible now

again feel free to discuss the specific results in the threads but please avoid bashing particular series/characters/events

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leos~'s Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I'm surprised I remembered my login info for this. But it was necessary! Looking at the lists for all the manga that were nominated and those which won, I feel that one manga has been grossly overlooked by.....well everyone. Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer could easily take Best cast, Best manga, Best completed manga, Best seinen, or even Best death, or Best Male character. I can understand that its not well known, so winning any of these may have been a stretch (even if it does deserve it), but from what i see it wasn't even nominated! Perhaps I should have checked up on this site earlier, I could have nominated it. Ah well.

23. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6