Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is the Purpose of Noah and Poseidon?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Noah is a spaceship and will take them to Neptune (planet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    They do not need a ship. But the Pirate King will. A gigantic arc drafted by a team of sea kings sailing into battle against the world government is as deadly a weapon as I could imagine. Noah was left with the fishman because Shirahoshi, as the ancient weapon Poseidon, and her descendants have the power to summon and command the Sea Kings who could then pull Noah. Of equal importance: the World Government would never find Noah at Fishman Island, nor discern it's real significance. To the unknowing Noah appeared as an ancient shipwreck and nothing more.

All three of the ancient weapons were designed to defeat the World Government. They were left for a future hero (Luffy) to wield against the World Government. This is the likely significance of Raftel: It is likely the home of the final Poneglyph. Being at the end of the Grand Line/New World any pirate who reached Raftel would have had the opportunity to read the rest of the Poneglyphs. Anyone who reached Raftel could learn the final secrets of the Void Century and of the ancient weapons. There is little doubt Roger new these secrets and that this is the One Piece, the ability to defeat the World Government. Rogers was to sick, to near death to do so himself. By turning himself in he was able to preserve the secrets of the Void Century and leave them to someone who could use them. I doubt that any of the ancient weapons will be used for interplanetary travel though. That would not make very much sense in the context of the story.
    you forget about carobou. He won't die as nobody dies in OP. (there are exceptions but he wont be one) He will escape and talk about it and after some time shirahoshi will get a massive bounty like dragon and then she wont be safe anymore. She is too big to hide somewhere and vegapunk will do something to get her underwater. That's why I think they will leave like enel. I would never make such a thread but since shirahoshi is poseidon why is a travel to another planet impossible?

Well Oda is probably the biggest fanboy of dragonball, so it seems very possible to me now.
    Last edited by Black Mirror; December 22, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the Purpose of Noah and Poseidon?

Caribou probably won't talk to the World Government, he is a pirate after all. He will probably sell the information to the highest bidder, likely another pirate crew, probably one of the Yonkou. I agree that he will escape, if Oda intended for him to be caught or killed he would not have escaped Luffy already. But I think it is more probable that he tells Big Mom, Kaido, or Blackbeard about Poseidon, setting up a confrontation later in the series. It is possible that Shirahoshi is exiled but it does not seem like something that would fit the storyline well.

While it is not out of the question that Poseidon goes to another planet, it seems unlikely at this point in time. Comparisons to Dragonball Z (not always fair to One Piece as a unique title influenced by but not beholden to) aside, none of the information we currently have about Noah or Poseidon would suggest that inter-planetary travel will take place. All we know is that on the appointed day Poseidon will use her power to summon the seas kings, who will raise the ship to the surface. Until then the ship can not be moved and must wait at the bottom of the ocean. We can extrapolate that Luffy will replace "Joyboy" and be the one to return for the ship. There are also strong hints that it will transport the Fishman to the surface. But until the appointed day it's mission will remain a mystery and it will be docked at the bottom of the sea. That was the promise made between Joyboy and the first Poseidon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mirror View Post
    you forget about carobou. He won't die as nobody dies in OP. (there are exceptions but he wont be one) He will escape and talk about it and after some time shirahoshi will get a massive bounty like dragon and then she wont be safe anymore. She is too big to hide somewhere and vegapunk will do something to get her underwater. That's why I think they will leave like enel. I would never make such a thread but since shirahoshi is poseidon why is a travel to another planet impossible?

Well Oda is probably the biggest fanboy of dragonball, so it seems very possible to me now.
    well unless one of the seakings can fly, the only way they can break free of earth's gravity is to swim really fast upwards

the mental image is lol.

i highly doubt the sea kings can do that

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hyper_megaman View Post
    well unless one of the seakings can fly, the only way they can break free of earth's gravity is to swim really fast upwards

the mental image is lol.

i highly doubt the sea kings can do that
    as lol as that?:

http://www.mangareader.net/103-56333...apter-595.html

they dont have to be fast. Maxim was damn slow if you remember

Caribou probably won't talk to the World Government, he is a pirate after all. He will probably sell the information to the highest bidder, likely another pirate crew, probably one of the Yonkou. I agree that he will escape, if Oda intended for him to be caught or killed he would not have escaped Luffy already. But I think it is more probable that he tells Big Mom, Kaido, or Blackbeard about Poseidon, setting up a confrontation later in the series. It is possible that Shirahoshi is exiled but it does not seem like something that would fit the storyline well.
    Dont underestimate WG. They have CP agents everywhere. They will know sooner or later and caribou is just thetype who will talk about it endlessly.

While it is not out of the question that Poseidon goes to another planet, it seems unlikely at this point in time. Comparisons to Dragonball Z (not always fair to One Piece as a unique title influenced by but not beholden to) aside, none of the information we currently have about Noah or Poseidon would suggest that inter-planetary travel will take place. All we know is that on the appointed day Poseidon will use her power to summon the seas kings, who will raise the ship to the surface. Until then the ship can not be moved and must wait at the bottom of the ocean. We can extrapolate that Luffy will replace "Joyboy" and be the one to return for the ship. There are also strong hints that it will transport the Fishman to the surface. But until the appointed day it's mission will remain a mystery and it will be docked at the bottom of the sea. That was the promise made between Joyboy and the first Poseidon.
    The questions remain, why would fishman need a ship to get to the surface. Why would they need a ship on the surface?
    Last edited by Black Mirror; December 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The questions remain, why would fishman need a ship to get to the surface. Why would they need a ship on the surface?
    You assume to much. Why must the boat be for the fishman? When the time was right Poseidon would summon the sea kings to raise Noah. Thus the boat was in her keeping. Leaving it in a dock on the surface and asking Poseidon and the sea kings to come to them would have been terribly inconvenient. But there is no evidence, or even hints, that Noah was intended to bring even a single fishman to the surface. That is nothing more than baseless speculation. We know that Joy Boy built Noah, formed an alliance with Poseidon, and she would summon sea kings to pull Noah on the appointed day. Joy Boy failed to come, for reasons that are not yet clear, and Noah was left at the bottom of the ocean along with a Ponyglyph until the appointed day comes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

they dont have to be fast. Maxim was damn slow if you remember
    Oda didn't say how many time Enel needed to get to the moon, did he?

To take all their stuff with them. Maybe including the poneglyph. They also do have many children that don't have the same endurance as their parents if they had to move.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner AluminumTough's Avatar
    Country
    Sikkim
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Luffy is going to destroy the Island because the Will of Joy Boy is the Will of D that is being passed down through roger and now to Luffy. My theory is that the promise was to take them to the surface to be equals with the rest of the upper world but the promise was broken because the world government stab Joy Boy in the back.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont know if you watched all the episodes from One Piece.But those are ancient weapons capable of destroying the world.And in the wrong hands who knows what could happen...
    There is no purpose for these weapons,they would be best to leave alone as they are.

MAJOR SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO DIDNT READ EVERYTHING:

Shirahoshi is poseidon!
    Last edited by Filster; March 14, 2012 at 05:58 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know about the abundance of invisible bridges, but first let's talk about maxim.

Maxim had a continued means of propulsion in the air. It was designed to fly.

Seakings will just flail around, but their centre of gravity will just keep accelerating downwards at the rate of 9.81m/s^2.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah had probably the reason of carrying the fishmen,I don't know if Joy Boy planned to let fishmen live on the surface on it or if fishmen are the descendents of the men who lived on it and then were forced to fit undersea. Poseidon shouldn't have any reson,it was a mermaid with that power,a power so great to be regarded as one of the 3 greatest.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it does not seem like there would be a special purpose behind poseidon. The power poseidon has is in principle the same generic ability merfolk have that allows them to speak with fish and other special kind of creature except that it uniquely works with sea kings. In this regard, it does not seem to be a developed ability that requires any form of training or something that came out of research (unless fishmen turn out to be some weird genetic experiment from another civilization hundreds of years ago for the purpose of controlling sea kings and make whoever controlled fishmen damn king of the ocean). In this regard, it is entirely possible that the other ancient weapons are more of a response to queen bitch of the ocean (not saying the ancient mermaid princess was evil but fear alone could perhaps be a trigger), they felt the need to have something equally powerful behind them.

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was originally used for power balance, like tailed beasts in Naruto

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Balance of Power is the relationship between the Three Powers - Marine, Shichibukai, and Yonkou. The Ancient Weapons were created by the Ancient Kingdom, before the formation of the World Government, and long before the Age of Pirates. The Balance of Power would not apply.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It could have been an ancient balance of power of sorts. You would have 3 sides each with one of the ancient weapons to counter that of the others. The fishmen would have perhaps been the first to have an ancient weapon since it is a genetically inherited ability. Then would have come the arc, seemingly man made to counter and the last one which we don't really know.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All things considered, they seem to have been created by the Ancient Kingdom, meant to fight the Twenty Kings. The Poneglyphs tell the location of all three weapons, and the true history. The creators of the poneglyphs probably also created the ancient weapons. As the true history is revealed, the truth about the weapons will be revealed. The weapons and the void century are inseparable. They will be probably be used in the last battle, to overthrow the World Government. Luffy essentially already has control of two. Alabasta holds Pluton, Poseidon is hidden at Fishman Island. Both islands are friendly to the Strawhats. When the time comes, both will be placed in Luffy, and only Luffy's, care.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 11, 2013 at 07:13 PM.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2