Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Bleach 478 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 478 Discussion / 479 Predictions - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    That's the thing. After that scene, Tsukishima was shown waking up and speaking to Shishigawa. So he wasn't dead at that point, meaning what happen to Orihime wasn't due to his death but likely whatever reason the Fullbringers had lost their abilities. I'm not saying he couldn't have died at the end, just that the evidences of Ginjo's words and Orihime not remembering him doesn't actually prove anything.
    You know those scenes where a person dies and the heart monitor just beeeps ______ and then a few moments later it starts to start again. I think when Tsuki closed his eyes the first time that's what happened to him. He died with the thought that he had no one by his side. But with the warmth of Moe carrying and supporting him brought him back to life which is why we saw the scene afterwards. The kindness Moe showed to Tsuki revived him and kept him alive long enough to realize he had friends by his side but in the end his wound was to great to actually survive the damage that was done to his body.

Cause honestly even though he "woke" up he didn't really say much, he only said Moe's name twice and thanked him, the rest was all in his head which gives the sense that he was in a very weakened state. Meanwhile Moe was trying his hardest to stay upbeat and positive even though he prolly knew deep inside that Tsuki was going to die and even while carrying him he was dead.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Grekaosangel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 478 Discussion / 479 Predictions - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    That's the thing. After that scene, Tsukishima was shown waking up and speaking to Shishigawa. So he wasn't dead at that point, meaning what happen to Orihime wasn't due to his death but likely whatever reason the Fullbringers had lost their abilities. I'm not saying he couldn't have died at the end, just that the evidences of Ginjo's words and Orihime not remembering him doesn't actually prove anything.
    It's really not that complex...quite simple to be exact.

The reason the chapter is sectioned like that was to showcase that when Riruka woke up, Tsukishima was already dead. The part after that scene showing Tsukishima still alive, was to show how he ended up dying, not that he was alive when Orihime couldn't remember him.

There's no other reason for Riruka to cry after hearing that Orihime didn't remember Tsukishima, seeing as the effects of BotE only disappear if he died.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner leito's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Hey guys, its quite a while since i've been here ^_^

First thing I have to say: Happy New Year to Mangahelpers and all Users

Secondary, I am now reading this whole prediction discussion about the new chapters and there so many cool ideas from all of you, also many explanations of the last chapter like e.g. kubo putting the death of Tsukishima at the end of the chapter (it made me some kind crazy, first Orihime says he passed away and then at the end we see him being carried by Shishigawara, made me some kinde of crazy )

So here is my prediction for the next chapter(s):
    - we can say that the last chapter finalized the Mini-Fullbring-Arc. At the beginning of each new arc Kubo was using one cool scene, and it is "Name: Kurosaki Ichigo; Age: 17; Hair Colour: Orange; Occupation: High School Student and... Shinigami". I can imagine we will get something like that again with some new sentance at the end and ending this with an high-energetic entrance from Isshin trying to wake Ichigo

- but one I can say is that we will get some sort of arc entrance like at the begining of the Fullbring-Arc, something like: Ichigo fighting with Hollows, Ichigo going to School etc. I also think we will get some sort of explenation of Karins behavour, with this I mean - Karin having contact with Urahara. It could be that she was fighting Hollows instead of Ichigo when his powers were gone.

- I also think that we have to wait longer for Isshins story! Isshin makes everyone very curious and I think that Isshins origin is Kubos qlimax for the next arc.

So my summary for the next chapter(s):
    1. slow introduction (3-4 chapters) of the new arc
    2. Isshin stays an mystery for many many chapters from now (qlimax of the new arc)
    3. Karin visiting Urahara will be explained
    4. SS will be left aside for now (we might see Rukia staying in Karakura to help Ichigo or something)

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member union98's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What could Ichigo possibly need help with in Karakura town...lol. Unless some uber powerful villain shows up, Ichigo could pretty much handle anything that comes up in Karakura town and SS knows this. I agree that it will be a slow introduction, but I think Kubo will begin the next arc without tying up all of the loose ends from the old one. That's just Kubo's way. And why do people keep saying the FBs lost their abilities? Where did that happen? It'd be nice if they began at Urahara's place with some kind of explanation as to why Ichigo will have to go back to SS because Ichigo WILL have to go back to SS. He just needs a reason. Also, it'd be nice to know what's going on with Ishida since he's all but disappeared since Ichigo's battle. I kind of what Kubo to further develop and reveal things about existing characters before introducing a bunch of new ones. I'm hoping he uses the first few chapters of the arc to do that. Maybe have Ishida training with his father again after his father insults him for being so weak. Maybe Chad now understanding what fullbring is, figures out how to further develop his etc...so that when the villain does come, they won't just be fodder...
    =====================================================================
    "I troll...therefore, I am..."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grekaosangel View Post
    It's really not that complex...quite simple to be exact.

The reason the chapter is sectioned like that was to showcase that when Riruka woke up, Tsukishima was already dead. The part after that scene showing Tsukishima still alive, was to show how he ended up dying, not that he was alive when Orihime couldn't remember him.

There's no other reason for Riruka to cry after hearing that Orihime didn't remember Tsukishima, seeing as the effects of BotE only disappear if he died.
    It's not as if Tsukishima's Book of the End effects clearing would erase Orihime's memories of him from the time he actually met her onwards, not that I'd put it past Kubo to overlook a technicality like that by mistake, but the point stands that logically if Orihime doesn't remember Tsukishima as a part of the past however so long (what as it maybe a week or two?) that she and Chad and Ichigo had been interacting with the Fullbringers then by the logic that Book of the End only stops working once Tsukishima is dead he can only possibly be alive. That she didn't remember him at all, even in her real memories, suggests he used Book of the End to erase his own existence in the minds of the people he had under his influence (or in the very least all of Ichigo's friends and family), ergo he would have to be alive in order to enact and maintain such an effect.
    Last edited by DCIAO; January 10, 2012 at 10:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts:

From my understanding Tsukishima could inject new memories via Book of the end even after the intial stabbing occured, right? That is, on-the-fly memory injection/extraction?

If that's the case and this is what I suggest is happening:

Tsukishima is still alive
    Orihime and the others memory was changed so that they do not longer remember tsukishima.
    Also he injected them with memories of a friendship with Riruka (why else would Orihime cry over a wounded enemy).

That was sort of a parting gift from tsukishima, to inject others with the memory of being friends with the other fullbringers.

But then again, I could be wrong. But I can't for the life of me understand why else Orihime and the others would be so keen on looking after Riruka and make the dialog sound like they were good friends. That's also why rurika first seems surprised when Orihime says she's glad that she was OK, but then starts crying when she hears that Orihime has no idea about who Tsukishima is.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man can't for the first chapter of 2012 this week. I wouldn't mind a slow start to the new arc as Ichigo gets back into the flow of being a substitute Shinigami but I wouldn't mind Ichigo demanding answer either.

BTW guys please go to the manga awards under the Otaku Cafe tab and vote for Bleach and your favorite mangas in each category. I would be very happy if Bleach manages to win best fight award so help us win.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15