Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

    3 1.18%
  • 2 (Boring)

    4 1.57%
  • 3 (Regular)

    8 3.15%
  • 4 (Good)

    54 21.26%
  • 5 (Epic!)

    185 72.83%
New Reply
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 814

Thread: One Piece 651 Discussion

  1. #661
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by straw hat gemmma View Post
    so kizaru is the only current admiral,i wonder who will fill the other two positions.imo it will be cool if they release magellan as an admiral out to the world!i am also eager to learn if there will be any new sichibukai.
    I would love to see Magellan as an Admiral, and he will fit perfectly in the position, and I don't think people here would start complaining about that World Government/Marines/Akainu's decision, except that him being an Admiral would leave a huge vulnerability in Impel Down's security.

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  3. #662
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    I believe you mean BM and not BG Blackhair... i just noticed that you continued to put BG so i thought i would let you know. lol

    Now on to the note of BG myself. I actually didn't mind her introduction. I deffinitly think that Oda is trying to portray her as a real pirate. Not an OP pirate (Shanks and WB). Which i for one think is actually a good change in pace. You can't keep every character the same or else it would just get boring. And i don't think that everyone hates the character because they don't think she is goin to be interesting. I think everyone hates the character because Oda purposely made her in a way that we have to hate her. She a bad guy, were not supposed to like her. Were supposed to route for Luffy to kick her ass and show her who's boss...

    As for how strong she is, well think of it this way. She's fat and single minded. That too me show's that she's slow and not that diverse in techniques. BUT that also means that she could be super strong when it comes to strength and defence. Maybe that's how she beats her enemies. Most attacks have no effect because shes got so much fat or maybe has a good defencive technique to block attacks being thrown at her. Characters are known to use techniques that help minimize there weaknesses afterall. And since she's so big and probably can't last long in a fight, perhaps she has strength like no other. She is big enough to have the power afterall...

    As for everyone saying that her love for candy is stupid and isn't as good as say WB love for his family and luffy's love for his strawhat or every pirates love for treasure. Well that's just you opinion. You may not find that a good enough reason but other do, especially BM. And the way people put there passion towards certain objects are portrayed differently with every person. I remember reading someone saying that she would go to the new world JUST to take over territories for the sole purpose of candy. Which is probably correct. But it might not have started that way. It's been hinted that BM is simply a business type women. You give me what i want and i'll protect you. Which would hint to why her and some of her crew don't appreciate backing down from there agreements. It's simply a business transaction to her.

    We have seen a pirate that does everything for his crew, we have seen a pirate that does everything for treasure and we have seen a pirate that does everything simply for the thrill of the adventure. Why can't there be a pirate that does everything for the business transaction and the food she loves. So in all i'm actually expecting a fairly good arc with BM.

    By the way i'm also goin to add that none of this was written in hostility and is only my deduction. I have not given anything in facts, so i don't deserve any blow outs from this post like i have been seeing lately. BUT i do expect everyone to voice there own thoughts on my post, just no angry replies. there not necessary. thanks for reading

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #663
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlord View Post
    Not in my opinion. I see her as legitimately frightening, ruthless eating her own crew and she seems very strong. All of what you say I favour the opposite. She had a fantastic entrance, looks very threatening and the features you dislike due to laziness, I like because it shows her ruthless and selfish character. A powerhouse who cares only about candy. I personally think Oda needed to put a character like this in the story. We don't really have a truly evil pirate who slaughters their own crew at a high powerlevel.
    She is evil, granted, but so were Hodi, Wapol and Moria. Imo there is by far much more needed to create a impressive character.

    We already had villains who didn't care for their crewmates, we already had a villain with a hunger problem and we for sure had villains who are ruthless. She might be the first one combining all that, but nothing impressive. Average at best.

    Lastly to be honest, the only feat describing her as a strong character is her title, which again doesn't necessarily has to be definitive description to her strength. Since she gives me the Moria vibe all over.

    In chapter 650, as the minister of the left introduced her as a monster destroying country's just because of candy's, I expected a villain who acts on her whim. However I was disappointed to lean that apparently her sole purpose of piracy is sweet/food related.

    Regardless, in the end we have just a different opinion in liking. Its like you preferring the colour green, while I prefer blue. There is nothing more to say I guess.
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 06, 2012 at 04:27 PM.

  6. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #664
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    @akatsukichro

    Spoiler show


    I’m not doing any prediction. I’m doing an affirmation based on what we have seen in ten years of manga. Shanks haven’t eat a Devil Fruit by the time he rescued Luffy, and when he ‘fought’ with Whitebeard and Akainu he didn’t show any kind of ability. Garp haven’t see using any kind of ability in a war, so I can say that he didn’t eat any DF either. The same applies to Mihawk. So let me ask: do you have any prove that one of these three ate a DF?

    It’s is clear that the Blackbeard Pirates survived only because Shiliew gave the antidote of Mangellan’s venom to them. I can prove my statement with this:

    http://www.mangareader.net/103-2656-...apter-549.html
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  8. #665
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by lawlord View Post

    About Luffy destroying fishman island. Do you remember Shirly's prediction? Do you think Oda lied about that? I am trying to make sense to how Luffy would destroy fishman island? Do you have any ideas?

    IMO!
    Yes i remember Shirley's prediction but my opinion of that is that that prediction meant the destruction of the hatred between fishmen and humans , the so called back to zero of Fukaboshi and Luffy already accomplished that by shattering Hodi's ambition. Actually i don't see why FI should be destroyed no matter what . It is a beautiful place and by it's destruction the things will become more complicated IMO 'cause that is a "safe" place for pirates to pass the red line to reach NW , it will only bring more chaos....and it's not like Shirely's prediction has to happen no matter what , she could have been mistaken you know
    Fishmen need FI even after the truce with humans , that island it's special , special kinda like the 7 wonders of our world Well at least that's what i think

  9. #666
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mount Olympus
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Yes i remember Shirley's prediction but my opinion of that is that that prediction meant the destruction of the hatred between fishmen and humans , the so called back to zero of Fukaboshi and Luffy already accomplished that by shattering Hodi's ambition. Actually i don't see why FI should be destroyed no matter what . It is a beautiful place and by it's destruction the things will become more complicated IMO 'cause that is a "safe" place for pirates to pass the red line to reach NW , it will only bring more chaos....and it's not like Shirely's prediction has to happen no matter what , she could have been mistaken you know
    Fishmen need FI even after the truce with humans , that island it's special , special kinda like the 7 wonders of our world Well at least that's what i think
    Holy mother of god! I can't believe this!

    Okay! What is this?


    The hatred being destroyed? ROFL!

    Okay and this?


    Oh and this?


    Seriously!

    That was a concrete vision of future events.

  10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  11. #667
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Yes i remember Shirley's prediction but my opinion of that is that that prediction meant the destruction of the hatred between fishmen and humans , the so called back to zero of Fukaboshi and Luffy already accomplished that by shattering Hodi's ambition. Actually i don't see why FI should be destroyed no matter what . It is a beautiful place and by it's destruction the things will become more complicated IMO 'cause that is a "safe" place for pirates to pass the red line to reach NW , it will only bring more chaos....and it's not like Shirely's prediction has to happen no matter what , she could have been mistaken you know
    Fishmen need FI even after the truce with humans , that island it's special , special kinda like the 7 wonders of our world Well at least that's what i think
    Shirley had a clear vision of destruction. It's not like her predictions are a metaphor. Things she sees end up happening. A lot of pirates will come to FI - Pirate Age. Strawhat will destroy FI - oh shit...

    Now, whether he does something to destroy it himself, or whether he starts the chain of events that lead to it's destruction, we'll see. I'm leaning towards the latter.

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #668
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Josl View Post
    Which brings us to the next fat one: Blackbeard.
    What do we know about BB?
    He could have become a division commander*. Shanks fears him. YES, Shanks FEARS him. Why? I don't know but he does. He avoided battle with an already tired and injured BB who has fought WB and Sengoku and he KNEW that Ace couldn't defeat him, hell Whitebeard knew Ace couldn't defeat him. He knows about haki but for whatever reason people doubt he ever bothered to learn it in the 20 years he was waiting for the Darkness Fruit. He has an incredible durability. He took an earthquake to the face, the same attack that knocked an Vice Admiral out and even stopped Akainu for some time.
    Do I smell a Skyrim reference?

    I think Big Mom shouldn't be underestimated to be fair, she looks pretty tank. Insane Bushouku Haki if you ask me.

  14. #669
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    At miles away from you...:p
    Country
    Romania
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    3,966
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    @akatsukichro

    You know i read the chapters so i know those images you didn't have to attach anything really
    As i stated this is my opinion so you can't do and show me anything to change what i think it would be better to happen . Like i said i think FI destruction it would be a pity and would do no good but we just have to wait and see. I really don't see why Luffy would destroy it just like that . Yes it's possible if the king or the princes or Shirahoshi asks for that otherwise i don't see a damn reason ....an accident ...oh yes let me guess Luffy will destroy it in his sleep or something

    I pledge to Oda pls don't destroy it man

  15. #670
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    actually all thos pictures show is luffy in flames. the thing about proficies is that they can by misinterpreted by the one seeing it. i'm not saying that what she said isn't true, i'm just stating that for all we know, since Oda only showed us luffy standing behind flames,it could be that he was the only one left standing after a great war or something aroun those. I remember a movie (can't remember the name) that had a similar plot. There were three or four people that could see the future. They would see people getting murdered and in turn the police would stop these people from commiting the crime before it happened and would throw them in jail. One day all the beings saw the main character in the movie kill a government official so they were goin to arrest them, but one of the beings interpreted it in a different way and it turns out that there was more reason behind the killing and that it was actually in self defence. But this fact wasn't found out till the end of the movie, and he had been shot at and chased by the police durring the whole movie for a crime that actually was never even a crime... So i guess what i'm trying to say is just because she saw luffy standing in flames doesn't mean that he was the one that destroyed the island. It could have been someone else and luffy simply got there too late and was the only one left after the aftermath.

  16. #671
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Berlin
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    I believe you mean BM and not BG Blackhair... i just noticed that you continued to put BG so i thought i would let you know. lol
    hahaha xD I noticed myself making typos, I tried to correct them but apparently I missed some. I believe because of "WG" I tend to type "BG".

    As to ur rest of ur post, Im not sure why you think I want a friendly type of new character, I don't mind "evil" villains, actually I want some baddass villains. After all evil villains who are hated do their job properly, I don't hate BM, Im just disappointed. I mean this is my MH Best villain award nomination.

    As to different types of pirates, I relate them to outlaws in our world or pirates of the past. Thus I understand pirates who sail for freedom (WB, Luffy , Roger, Shanks?), I also get pirates for power and domination (Crocodile, Hodi) and lastly pirates who do business (Flamingo). However in all seriousness, I don't get pirates who are motived by sweets. If that is supposed to be intimidating or serious resolve, I just can't help myself but be disappointed. This is beyond silly, Im sry.

    PS: I repeat for further references, candy isn't my only problem with her.

    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    As for the rest of my post blackhair, that wasn't directed to you directly. it was directed to the general public... only the first part about the BM correction was meant just for you... lol sorry i should have specified...
    Al right, that makes sense
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 06, 2012 at 05:32 PM.

  17. #672
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner straw hat gemmma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    Greece
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    20
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    maybe imo a ''monster that is ready to destroy a country for the sake of sweets'' is an image of someone ruthless,obviously i don't think BM's dream is to have all the candy in the world,maybe her goal are simply her territories or something else about domination,she just has an obsession and she's ready to kill for it like the tenribuyto kill people for nothing...of course all about the candy stuff and eating is something humorous but if it makes her to take people's lives over it then i think her personality is one of the most evil characters.maybe!

  18. #673
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    @akatsukichro

    You know i read the chapters so i know those images you didn't have to attach anything really
    As i stated this is my opinion so you can't do and show me anything to change what i think it would be better to happen . Like i said i think FI destruction it would be a pity and would do no good but we just have to wait and see. I really don't see why Luffy would destroy it just like that . Yes it's possible if the king or the princes or Shirahoshi asks for that otherwise i don't see a damn reason ....an accident ...oh yes let me guess Luffy will destroy it in his sleep or something

    I pledge to Oda pls don't destroy it man
    I know it won't be about the same thing but do you remember this one?
    It makes me think that if Shirley's prediction still has to happen and what she saw was really Luffy Destroying the Island not protecting it, and since we know that Luffy would never do such a thing without reason, then IMO what he did in the cartography room could happen again, and I guess it somehow makes sense.

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  19. #674
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    459
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    well i don't think that Oda is trying to give the impression of simple candy is a good enough reason to kill... What i think he might be doin is trying to show not everyone pirate is sane... I mean some pirate are just plain psychotic, and maybe that's what he trying to show in BM character. A socialpath type of characterm which in my opinion is a good evil character. I'm not saying that your way of judging a character is incorrect. i mean first impression are importent, but maybe Oda was simply trying to keep her in more of a mystery theme for now and in turn made her introduction less dramatic. who know's, like someone else said a little while ago, Has Oda ever disappointed when it comes to the higher end villains. lol

    As for the rest of my post blackhair, that wasn't directed to you directly. it was directed to the general public... only the first part about the BM correction was meant just for you... lol sorry i should have specified...

  20. #675
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Black Lagoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Mugiwara No Luffy's Crew
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,313
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

    Quote Originally Posted by straw hat gemmma View Post
    maybe imo a ''monster that is ready to destroy a country for the sake of sweets'' is an image of someone ruthless,obviously i don't think BM's dream is to have all the candy in the world,maybe her goal are simply her territories or something else about domination,she just has an obsession and she's ready to kill for it like the tenribuyto kill people for nothing...of course all about the candy stuff and eating is something humorous but if it makes her to take people's lives over it then i think her personality is one of the most evil characters.maybe!
    Nah, I think she really does it for candy, and what's better than having a lot of people working for you and making candies/sweets for an addict of her caliber in exchange of assuring protection.
    Edit : (That's why IMO she rules over a lot of territories)
    Last edited by Black Lagoon; January 06, 2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Forgot Something :p

    Sig Credit : Shinsatsu
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx View Post
    In terms of pure intelligence and mental capacity the title belongs to Itachi. The guy could make a cat bark if he wanted to, and do so without his Sharingan.

  21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts