Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

    3 1.18%
  • 2 (Boring)

    4 1.57%
  • 3 (Regular)

    8 3.15%
  • 4 (Good)

    54 21.26%
  • 5 (Epic!)

    185 72.83%
New Reply
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 814

Thread: One Piece 651 Discussion

  1. #61
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In a trance
    Country
    Sunspear
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    I'm always excited to see new characters, my prediction that Linlin's going to be some sort of giant is kinda correct. I'm loving how creepy her appearance (based on her silhouette) is, and did she just eat that man??! And I'm still trying to figure out what Big Mam's pirate crew's theme is.

    I'm pretty sure her craving for sweets have something to do with her acidic saliva, like it's some sort of tranquilizer that keeps her from going berserk. Still expecting the thing with Lola will play out here. Nami's gonna notice the Vivre card's pointing to Linlin.

    Meh, Luffy's saying that he's gonna make FI his territory just out of his emotions, I bet he's gonna leave it to someone he trusts if ever he did win it over Big Mam. And dude, hearing about Kidd rampaging excited me.

    Overall great chapter. Excited for the New Worl!

  2. #62
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member xeteboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Country
    Philippines
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post

    First of al Im quite disappointed of Big Mom! Seriously candy?! Also did she ate her followers? She resembles too much Wapol, the one character in the story I hate to its core. Furthermore the candy part is just silly. I just lost all my respect of her. She can be strong as hell, I give a shit. Its not only about strength, but also about character/mentality and dialogues. She already failed.

    Secondly Luffy declaring FI his territory, this goes against everything he said during the conversation with Rayleigh at Shabondy. Luffy saying he doesn't want to conquer anything, just wants to be the freest person on the sea. Having a territory and people to protect is responsibility, and in my eyes having responsibility goes against "true freedom". Ofc putting his responsibility as a captain over his crew aside. My problem is Luffy contradicting his own words: the dialogue in chapter 507 I liked them very much. But I guess Luffy did kind of mature over the past two years. I will take this as character development and live with that.
    On your first paragraph, I just wanted to say that don't draw ur conclusion until you really found out what is the true character of Big Mom..i find it very interesting.. On youre 2nd phrase.. you are very clever in the way that you remembered the whole thing like that....

  3. #63
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Hamlet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Mount Olympus
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Seems like Big Mom has an acid-like fruit. It doesn't seem(to me at least) as a logia. I don't think that much amount of acid she was drooling from her mouth is just normal.

  4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  5. #64
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Gorgias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    "Nah, in this case, he have friends in FI (Hachi, Jinbei, Neptune bros, Shirahoshi), it would be more out of character to let FI get destroyed by Big Mam, or leave it without protection."

    That's it. Ruffy's intention doesn't seem to be kinda 'political', preserving a world order in balance and peace (WB) or annexing for the purpose of power (BB). Furthermore is BM as foe a nice chance for Jimbei to join (well... - someday!).

  6. #65
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by xeteboi View Post
    On your first paragraph, I just wanted to say that don't draw ur conclusion until you really found out what is the true character of Big Mom..i find it very interesting.. On youre 2nd phrase.. you are very clever in the way that you remembered the whole thing like that....
    Oh you know, an introduction of a character gives an idea about it. When Hodi was first introduced, I knew that he was shit.
    When Wapol was first introduced, I knew he was shit.
    When Foxy was first introduced, I knew he was shit.

    When Crocodile was introduced, I knew he is badass.
    When WB was introduced, I knew he was badass.
    When Shanks was introduced, I knew he is badass.

    A good introduction shows a how great a character is. And so far, I ain't impressed by her, therefore I expect shit from her (not saying she's weak tho, or maybe she's compared to WB & Shanks).

  7. #66
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    i dont think luffy is contradicting himself too much. He wants fishman island to be free and at the moment no matter how you look at it it is enslaved. I imagine that Luffy is going to, as someone mentioned before, hand over FMI to someone he trusts will treat it with respect and in a way make FMI free. Now that we see big mom (in a way) im really curious about Kaido. Also whitebeard and shanks are/were really cool as their characters are rather (very) likable. I like how luffy is taking action in this chapter, he definitely has grown up over the past two years can't wait until the new year!

    ---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oh you know, an introduction of a character gives an idea about it. When Hodi was first introduced, I knew that he was shit.
    When Wapol was first introduced, I knew he was shit.
    When Foxy was first introduced, I knew he was shit.

    When Crocodile was introduced, I knew he is badass.
    When WB was introduced, I knew he was badass.
    When Shanks was introduced, I knew he is badass.

    A good introduction shows a how great a character is. And so far, I ain't impressed by her, therefore I expect shit from her (not saying she's weak tho, or maybe she's compared to WB & Shanks).
    i agree with you but i think she probably is one of the scarier characters in the manga probably why she retains her position as a yonku, she seems pretty brutal.

  8. #67
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    On the Ground
    Country
    Kenya
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackHair View Post
    Secondly Luffy declaring FI his territory, this goes against everything he said during the conversation with Rayleigh at Shabondy. Luffy saying he doesn't want to conquer anything, just wants to be the freest person on the sea. Having a territory and people to protect is responsibility, and in my eyes having responsibility goes against "true freedom". Ofc putting his responsibility as a captain over his crew aside. My problem is Luffy contradicting his own words: the dialogue in chapter 507 I liked them very much. But I guess Luffy did kind of mature over the past two years. I will take this as character development and live with that.
    Like Zehahaha said, he has a responsibility to his friends, and by now, FMI can be counted among his friends. If he shouldn't have any responsibility, then, it would be very out of character for him, since, he went after CP9 for robin, fought Arlong and his crew for the sake of Nami, was it captain Kuro? for Usopp... you get my point?

    Whether He declared FMI as his TURF or not, in the future, when someone attacked the island, then they would have to face a very pissed of Luffy for attacking his friends.

    "I do not want to conquer anything. I just think that the guy with the most freedom in this whole ocean is the Pirate King!!"

    We all know the characters of Pirates. for one to roam freely across the seas must mean that you are feared and respected among all. He may not have islands under his protection, but he must conquer the rest of the Pirates so that they can give him the freedom that he deserves.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #68
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In a trance
    Country
    Sunspear
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    666
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    i agree with you but i think she probably is one of the scarier characters in the manga probably why she retains her position as a yonku, she seems pretty brutal.
    Which sort of balances things out before when WB is still alive. WB and Shanks are more of a goody-pirate or as referred to in Romance Dawn, Peace Main while Kaidou and Linlin are Morganeer.

  11. #69
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oh you know, an introduction of a character gives an idea about it. When Hodi was first introduced, I knew that he was shit.
    When Wapol was first introduced, I knew he was shit.
    When Foxy was first introduced, I knew he was shit.

    When Crocodile was introduced, I knew he is badass.
    When WB was introduced, I knew he was badass.
    When Shanks was introduced, I knew he is badass.

    A good introduction shows a how great a character is. And so far, I ain't impressed by her, therefore I expect shit from her (not saying she's weak tho, or maybe she's compared to WB & Shanks).
    I think it's mainly because she's weird/ugly. It's hard to be BA when you're a fat old lady. That said as a Yonkou I'm hoping she has a dope ability.

  12. #70
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner PAWERFULL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Clouds
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    I'm excited on what is the reaction of the world to the declaration of luffy and also the power of Big Mama. And also it's abit confusing on who will the FI be destroyed. Can't wait for the new world!
    If i offended you, too bad.

  13. #71
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Naruffy View Post
    I think it's mainly because she's weird/ugly. It's hard to be BA when you're a fat old lady. That said as a Yonkou I'm hoping she has a dope ability.
    Certainly she has some weird ability. It will give Luffy trouble for sure, but hey, it's a good way for Luffy to make an epic entrance to the NW, what is better than defeating a Yonkou before anything else.

  14. #72
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Spoiler Discussion

    Cover was adorable! Loved it. Tiger Zoro is awesome, as well. I always loved how it's colored. It somehow has shadows but those are not obvious.

    LOL, I deeply enjoyed how quickly they ended Caribou stuff. All that gold to buy meat, I actually hope they get something really weird that will have a major relevance in the future.

    How awesome Peckoms is?I enjoyed his-her design. Luffy always being stupid, loved it. Baron is also interesting, I have to admit. Finally a Long Leg! I was wanting to know somebody like this long time ago.
    Finally we see something that it's not the Fishman Island! I'm excited again!
    The guy with the big sword is also cool, I have something for big swords. They're awesome.
    Three eyes girl is also enjoyable. For something as ugly as Big Mama it's really good to have something tiny as well.

    AND AWESOME BATTLE ON THE PHONE IS AWESOME. I love you Luffy, I really do. Gonna vote now for you as the best male lead in the manga awards because I don't know How I could doubt of you.

    PS: I think from now on I'll make 10 options in the poll. Too many people taking "Epic" just because they liked a lot the chapter is nonsense.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #73
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Posts
    151
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Oh you know, an introduction of a character gives an idea about it. When Hodi was first introduced, I knew that he was shit.
    When Wapol was first introduced, I knew he was shit.
    When Foxy was first introduced, I knew he was shit.

    When Crocodile was introduced, I knew he is badass.
    When WB was introduced, I knew he was badass.
    When Shanks was introduced, I knew he is badass.

    A good introduction shows a how great a character is. And so far, I ain't impressed by her, therefore I expect shit from her (not saying she's weak tho, or maybe she's compared to WB & Shanks).
    Let us remember what we saw this chapter about Big Mam:
    1. Obsessed pirate about candies;
    2. Have no limits to achieve whatever she praises;
    3. Will destroy any territory of hers if don’t get whatever she may want from there;
    4. Will kill/eat (?) crewmembers if it fits her.
    She is not a hater like Jones, she is not a crewmember thief like Fox, or a Shichibukai like Crocodile. She is one of the Yonkou, the group of pirates that has great power, controls the New World and that keeps the balance of power equilibrated. She is somewhat disgusting and maybe resembles Wapol, but still we can’t expect shit from someone of her league.
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

  17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  18. #74
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Morocco
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,841
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    Let us remember what we saw this chapter about Big Mam:
    1. Obsessed pirate about candies;
    2. Have no limits to achieve whatever she praises;
    3. Will destroy any territory of hers if don’t get whatever she may want from there;
    4. Will kill/eat (?) crewmembers if it fits her.
    She is not a hater like Jones, she is not a crewmember thief like Fox, or a Shichibukai like Crocodile. She is one of the Yonkou, the group of pirates that has great power, controls the New World and that keeps the balance of power equilibrated. She is somewhat disgusting and maybe resembles Wapol, but still we can’t expect shit from someone of her league.
    I expect shit from her, not strenght wise, but when it comes to her character, and that is my opinion. She can be Pirate King for all I care, but she's SHITTY in my TASTES.
    Just what is worse than a racist bigot who eats steroids ? An ugly woman who's only interested by candy, I can already see how deep her character is *sarcasm*

  19. #75
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction

    Quote Originally Posted by akatsukichro View Post
    Guys, will the next chapter also be released on the next Monday?
    Probably not. Expect it on basis, January 4th if everything goes alright.

    ---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    I expect shit from her, not strenght wise, but when it comes to her character, and that is my opinion. She can be Pirate King for all I care, but she's SHITTY in my TASTES.
    Just what is worse than a racist bigot who eats steroids ? An ugly woman who's only interested by candy, I can already see how deep her character is *sarcasm*
    That's the surface. That three-eye girl tells me that there is more than the eye meet. You'll have to wait although it would be better that you do, as you say, without expectations.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts