Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
254. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 (Awful)

3 1.18%
  • 2 (Boring)

4 1.57%
  • 3 (Regular)

8 3.15%
  • 4 (Good)

54 21.26%
  • 5 (Epic!)

185 72.83%
New Reply
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast

Thread: One Piece 651 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    You're forgetting that Blackbeard is a veteran who's been living on the sea as a pirate for like 30 years. He doesn't lack experience. In fact, as Whitebeard said, his greatest weaknesses are overconfidence and rashness. You could say that he could have avoided a lot of problems if it weren't for that. Then there's his agility. Let's face it, he doesn't dodge that many attacks. In fact, I yet have to see him do that. Seems that he's content with just tanking all incoming damage. He does have some common sense, though, evident when he ran away from Akainu.

I think he has a lot larger crew now. Comes with the territory of course. Curious about his ship, not to mention the one he wanted from WG.
    Yes he has been living on the sea as a pirate for like 30 years .. not more than brook ofcoz.. but living as a pirate and living a dominating pirates are two different things... he has always been cunning in his approach as evident from his behavior too when he tried attacking WB but when got pawned, he regrouped and attacked.. and he doesn't dodge too many attacks is true.. but i would say that we have seen that kind of fighting style only after he got his DF he was searching for during his time with WB crew .. what we don't know yet is how he use to fight before that (for e.g. fight with shank.. it is one which has made everyone curious) ,,, but being a captain of a strong crew its rarely u get to fight i guess... fighting a captain will always be like the boss fight (in the end). So overall i would again say experience of being a pirate and being a yonkou are two different things.. because that s what also made difference between the levels of rookie who reached SA now and rookies who reached 2 years back...

But again the powerful one will always move fast forward so we don't know that if in last two years with his DF being able to theft Df of others, he already is standing on the same level as three yonkous (though we don't know if are at same level ) or he is still long way to go.
    Last edited by Ninja_Pirate; January 10, 2012 at 06:26 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner gintoky's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One Piece 651 Discussion / 652 Prediction - No chapter until around January 11th (read the OP!)

You're forgetting that Blackbeard is a veteran who's been living on the sea as a pirate for like 30 years. He doesn't lack experience. In fact, as Whitebeard said, his greatest weaknesses are overconfidence and rashness. You could say that he could have avoided a lot of problems if it weren't for that. Then there's his agility. Let's face it, he doesn't dodge that many attacks. In fact, I yet have to see him do that. Seems that he's content with just tanking all incoming damage. He does have some common sense, though, evident when he ran away from Akainu.

I think he has a lot larger crew now. Comes with the territory of course. Curious about his ship, not to mention the one he wanted from WG.
    your right he BB being overconfident and rash. also that bit about him not dodging attacks is true. as for him having a large crew, i think he going to have a small crew with exceptionally strong pirates. just like straw hats. but i also think he will have many allies under his control.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gintoky View Post
    your right he BB being overconfident and rash. also that bit about him not dodging attacks is true. as for him having a large crew, i think he going to have a small crew with exceptionally strong pirates. just like straw hats. but i also think he will have many allies under his control.
    Well that's what I mean, he has to have more allies if he's conquering and holding territory. Thinking about it now, I wouldn't be surprised if he organized his crew the same way Whitebeard did, in divisions, with his main crew as division leaders. He was in WB Pirates for 20 years, after all.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    Do you mean that he can't pump his blood faster in one area of the body in the manga, only in the anime??? Because it was depicted in the manga that he could. The anime is based on the manga especially important scene like that one, its just that sometimes it isn't really clear in the mange because of the angle it's drawn from.
    You misunderstood me. What I said was that I don't find it possible for him to pump blood around fast in one part of the body. I didn't say anything about the anime, I don't even watch it :I
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe the BB pirates will stay with his 10 man crew (10+1 horse). Since they will face the SHs eventually, I don't think there will be any outnumbered chaotic fights like the marineford war. Since I also believe that the SHs will stay at 10, they will have each a 1vs1 showdown.

edit: As far as being a Yonko, I believe there are pirates allied ships following him. Thus beside the territory and the fighting power, marks him a emperor.

About his agility thus his tank capability, BB and WB were both based on the same legendary pirate Edward Teach aka Blackbeard (Odas fav pirate). Since he died with multiple wounds just as Odas WB did, I believe BB can tank as much WB did. That would also explain why he was fine after taking WBs earthquake. In OP I assume after Luffy (protagonist factor), it will has to BB who can tank the most.
    Last edited by BlackHair; January 10, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, where are the spoilers?

I entered in th Shounen Jump site, there was an information about colored pages in One Piece, but I was disappointed when I discovered that it referring to the last issue.

Well, I expect to see in this chapter the reaction of Jimbe, and maybe give to the Straw Hats information about her. If the New World saga works like the Arabasta Saga maybe he’ll jo0in the SH for a while.

I’m wondering about the current mini-arc. Do you guys think that we will see charcters from the Impel Dow arc or Oda will finish when we see the Post Ennies Loby Arc? It would be good to see some mini arc important to the plot like the Ace's Great Blackbeard Search. What do you think about it?
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bekromancer's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

UnknownMugiwara You outreached even Oda at Brook jokes DDDDD

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Guruji's Avatar
    Country
    Afghanistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey dude, I'm here now..
    And I think blackbeard ix stronger than bigmam, bt kaido & shanks ix stronger than him.. Bigmam myt be the weakest yonkou rite now..
    Btw let's vote for jimbe dying in onepiece hehehe

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure we'll see anyone dying already at this point.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member nightshade_nova's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guruji View Post
    Hey dude, I'm here now..
    And I think blackbeard ix stronger than bigmam, bt kaido & shanks ix stronger than him.. Bigmam myt be the weakest yonkou rite now..
    Btw let's vote for jimbe dying in onepiece hehehe
    I agree that shes the weakest of the 4 Emperors.
    Like any other shonen manga that emphasize "will" & "passion" as the "fuel" of strength, I guess ppl who are powered by a candy obsession should be the weakest.
    My Bleach predictions (made 12th October 2010)-
    Spoiler show

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

nightshade_nova
    What's wrong with candy and sweets being her passion? I don't like to One Piece to be like any other shonen manga.

Zehahaha/Guruji
    He might get a heart-stroke from hearing the big news. XD
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you think that BB takes on the attacks coming at him because he doesn't have the speed to dodge. This isn't the case though. When he was fighting Ace, he said that it wouldn't matter even if he did dodge because his DF ability draws in the damage anyway's. so dodging would just be a waste of energy. http://www.mangareader.net/103-2548-...apter-441.html

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    It sounds like you think that BB takes on the attacks coming at him because he doesn't have the speed to dodge. This isn't the case though. When he was fighting Ace, he said that it wouldn't matter even if he did dodge because his DF ability draws in the damage anyway's. so dodging would just be a waste of energy. http://www.mangareader.net/103-2548-...apter-441.html
    I must admit, I don't understand. You saying that if Blackbeard dodges a cannonball, it will go after him anyway, so he doesn't bother dodging? Or that he's still going to feel the pain of getting hit by cannonball even if he dodges it? I think you need to rephrase sentence or something.

Also, Blackbeard doesn't say anything like that, not on that page you linked, anyway. I don't understand where the need for defending him comes from. We've seen the guy fight and he barely moves. Sure, I think he can move reasonably fast when he wants to, but avoiding fast attacks at the level of Soru? Unless he trained during these 2 years, highly unlikely.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I must admit, I don't understand. You saying that if Blackbeard dodges a cannonball, it will go after him anyway, so he doesn't bother dodging? Or that he's still going to feel the pain of getting hit by cannonball even if he dodges it? I think you need to rephrase sentence or something.

Also, Blackbeard doesn't say anything like that, not on that page you linked, anyway. I don't understand where the need for defending him comes from. We've seen the guy fight and he barely moves. Sure, I think he can move reasonably fast when he wants to, but avoiding fast attacks at the level of Soru? Unless he trained during these 2 years, highly unlikely.
    I think you are forgeting bb give shanks his scar so I doubt he is slow so attack level of soru mean nothing to him if he get serious and not depend on his df power, he probably can move really fast when he know an attack can kill him, he probably stay still to take ace's attack becaue he know it's not going to injure him that much.

Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huynhlan View Post
    I think you are forgeting bb give shanks his scar so I doubt he is slow so attack level of soru mean nothing to him if he get serious and not depend on his df power, he probably can move really fast when he know an attack can kill him, he probably stay still to take ace's attack becaue he know it's not going to injure him that much.
    Oh, excuse me, you must be one of the rare people who actually have a secret chapter of One Piece manga, featuring full fight between Shanks and Blackbeard. Gimme a break already. Don't even try to bring in an off-panel fight when we've actually seen Blackbeard in action. I tend to believe more in stuff I have seen than in the stuff I haven't seen. We don't even know what kind of fight it was, but we do know Blackbeard was always fat. His hands are pretty fast though, so he could have surprised Shanks. I don't think he Soru-d from across 20 meters away and slashed Shanks over his eye.

You just made up a completely different Blackbeard who can Soru all across the battlefield at will, and avoid all attacks. So, concerning Blackbeard's movement speed and agility - PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Speaking of agility and movement speed... I wish Luffy had a fight with someone close to his size already. Someone strong and fast. That sure as hell ain't gonna be Big Mom. I expect she's going to have some hilarious moves. I don't know, imagining her fighting Luffy somehow feels ... wrong. I almost wish someone took her down before Luffy. In fact, I'm sure it won't be so simple, like Luffy traveling and defeating smaller bosses until he gets to BM. I don't think Kid was mentioned just for kicks. He's going to be involved. Maybe even some other Supernovas.

Heh
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

New Reply
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast