Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

Dunno if luffy would defeat magellan. Certainly luffy is stronger now by quite a bit to put it mildly however as far as we know magellan's poison would be just as effective now (except if luffy has immunity to poison now). It is altogether possible they could kill each other though, luffy has the firepower but magellan has the poison and luffy does not have the means to fight at a range without touching the guy. As long as luffy needs to make actual contact with magellan to win then I don't see things ending well for him.

I agree in that a bunch of other characters should be training, I merely question lucci's potential and growth rate in respect to luffy. At this point he would not even be able to hold rokushiki over luffy as the kid has developed his own versions of those techniques (armor hardening, snake shot, his rubber body would already mimic kamie, and soru). Luffy had formal haki training for 2 years and developed his gears to an entire new level, would it make sense lucci somehow kept up as a rogue world government agent? I don't see many scenarios where lucci would get the same guidance which allow luffy his insane growth rate honestly, not that lucci had that to begin with.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member okaneman's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

and that blackbeard now is really scary. he climb up to be a yonkou without using the gura2 fruit. if he happens to obtain haki, well, you know.. big mam also is a monster, apparantly a sweet obsessed and would destroy anything for the sake of it, so looking forward to see her next chapters...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the "without the gura gura no mi" part was a mistranslation. Another one said he indeed used the fruit which makes more sense.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks' officers should also be stronger than Luffy right now, so Ben Beckman, Lucky Roux and Yassop.
    I figured out Crocodile's big secret...... His real name is Croco D. Ile ...

Other recommended manga
    Spoiler show

New should read manga: Historie
    Currently a fan of Korean web-comics. Try them out! Especially Tower of God!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think the "without the gura gura no mi" part was a mistranslation. Another one said he indeed used the fruit which makes more sense.
    Your right about that. He does infact use the gura gura no mi. The translation on manga reader isn't alway's the best one to have. If you want to have a more accurate one when it comes to translations, go on eatmanga.com there translations are usually best. the only down side to the site is on very rare accasions they are missing one page one the chapter, in which case you can alway's go to manga reader and see the missing page on that site... But as for the translations, eatmanga is better then manga reader.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering the level of strength Lucci was at two years ago I don't think much will have changed by now, Luffy has gone through drastic changes these past two years and he's become a completely different person in terms of strength. *If* they were to fight again, I imagine the outcome would be the same as with the Pacifista when the Straw Hats met up on Sabaody again, one hit KO. And as far as I have seen Lucci doesn't seem to particularly hold a grudge against Luffy, at least not as much as he does against Spandam.

I actually think Luffy would have quite a good chance of beating Magellan as he is now. Given his two years of training and having unlocked the full potential of his Haki, and the fact he now has an immunity to a very large sortiment of poisons (he was unfazed by Hyouzou's poison just after they arrived at Fishman Island). Then again, Magellan may still have a lot of different poisons that Luffy hasn't been struck with yet...more specifically Venom Demon. If Haki such as armament is able to protect him from the poison that would greatly increase Luffy's chances of winning but we haven't seen the full extent of that ability yet. I personally doubt they'll cross paths again, to me it's more of a what if.

Other than that I think there are lots of characters that are stronger than Luffy, and not just the known ones. They're in the New World now, and it's not exactly a walk in the park there. He may have become monstrously strong in these past two years and his Haki will give him a huge advantage against other devil fruit users but he's bound to run into someone as strong as he is at some point.
    Last edited by Shinobuden; February 02, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he should be able to take most anyone besides most of the emperors and some of their captains, and maybe an admiral or two. This is all just speculation but I think Luffy was probably a top tier supernova and some of them seem to be doing fine in the new world, even openly attacking Big Mam's ships. If they have gotten that powerful then with the specialized training that Luffy has recieved he should be able to handle just about anything. Plus Reyleigh left early during the training, so there must have been some reason he'd do that, so perhaps Luffy is stronger than we think.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Attacking a ship full of fodders is not "doing well" in the New World. :/ And it's not a provocation since Big Mom EATS her fodders.
    About Magellan...HE was defeated by Shiryu. So there must be some way to defeat him and not by immunity to poison exactly.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Drmke's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

This is kind of a strange thread title. Should I make a list?

OCCUPY THE WORLD

I got by Kaiten.
    <%M3J> Though I wouldn't mind Sari dominating me.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    About Magellan...HE was defeated by Shiryu. So there must be some way to defeat him and not by immunity to poison exactly.
    Shiryu has been shown to be pretty darn strong and fast, that and he uses a sword. He most likely wounded Magellan without physically touching him like Luffy did with his fists. That's a pretty big difference.

And I never said immunity to his poison by itself would be enough to take him down, I merely said it would give Luffy more of an advantage if they were to fight again. Considering the vast amounts of poisons Magellan uses in his attacks and the immunities Luffy's body has built up for them. Then again, the poisons his attacks uses are generated at random and there are so many of them the doctors in Impel Down can't even make any antidotes for it so it's possible it wouldn't change anything. But it's an advantage nonetheless, IF he were to be struck by the same poisons again.
    Last edited by Shinobuden; February 02, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue with magellan is not IMO to kill him per say. The thing is to kill him while staying alive yourself. Given the circumstances I would think that crocodile or jinbe would have indeed defeated magellan had they fought him (fishman karate or dehydration would do wonders against him IMO) however given the wide area of effect of magellan's abilities and the fact that the prison is a relatively close space which works to magellan's advantage it is unlikely either of them would have walked out of that one without being poisoned.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Good point. Still doesn't quite explain how Shiryu survived the massive amount of poison though, if he now was poisoned during his fight with Magellan. I doubt Ivankov felt generous and dug into his cell then gave him some hormones to get through it. And as has been stated, the doctors wouldn't have been much help either.

Could always have been a non-lethal amount of poison, just enough to incapacitate him maybe?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Was it actually said shiryu was the one who defeated magellan? I don't think that was actually said.... More so, magellan fighting a level 6 prisoner on his own and losing is not that far fetched. Gear 2 luffy was actually capable enough of punching magellan which means in the grand scheme of things magellan was hardly powerful physically (if anything, he was not worth a damn physically if a rookie could take him on in that department). Level 6 had a number of people who the world government deemed to dangerous to even keep their names in history, there were probably a number of fruit users and people with insane skills there. If level 6 broke out there I could easily see magellan getting killed even if his overly hax ability would result in him taking a few guys with him. Its not like his ability can be countered with willpower or strength, even WB in his prime would die from poison just as the next guy...

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a pretty good question now that you mention it. I was always pretty sure Shiryu defeated Magellan, but I'm not so sure now. I don't know if there is anyone else in Impel Down besides Magellan who has the power to defeat Shiryu, other than Level 6 prisoners. It is after all an unseen battle, all we know is that Shiryu was locked up in Level 6 which means Magellan must have won. Either that or Shiryu was too weakened after their fight to put up any further resistance.

I agree with Magellan not being too strong physically, and Luffy's attacks did a good number on him when they first connected but it didn't take him long to recover from them either. That and after he defeated Luffy he didn't seem to be suffering from his injuries that much as he just casually walked away. I do agree that if enough firepower were to hit Magellan he would lose pretty easily though.

As for Whitebeard, it took a lot to kill him. It took numerous gunshots, stabs, cannon balls, half his head being ripped off then a barrage from Blackbeard's underlings to kill him...and this was when he was old. While it may be true that no matter how strong you are you can't defend yourself from poison, I doubt Whitebeard in his prime would be done in that easily from poison. But it's all up to speculation really.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobuden View Post
    Shiryu has been shown to be pretty darn strong and fast, that and he uses a sword. He most likely wounded Magellan without physically touching him like Luffy did with his fists. That's a pretty big difference.
    He did touch him, or else Luffy wouldn't have poison in his hands.

New Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast