Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    He did touch him, or else Luffy wouldn't have poison in his hands.
    I would say read my post again more thoroughly, since you obviously didn't. But, I'll elaborate just for you.

Shiryu uses a sword, thus he could fight Magellan without physically touching him with any of his body parts (such as fists, as said above). Luffy, on the other hand couldn't since he uses his fists to fight, and had to physically touch Magellan and in the process poisoning himself. Thus, Shiryu had more of a chance of beating Magellan than Luffy, since Shiryu uses an otherwise inanimate object, a weapon. Of course, the sword could be poisoned in theory but that's another subject of discussion. So, to summarize...I didn't say Luffy *didn't* touch him, I said Magellan didn't since he uses a sword.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Aw shit my mistake, I don't disagree with you about Shiryuu thing, misread the Luffy part, sorry

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zehahaha View Post
    Aw shit my mistake, I don't disagree with you about Shiryuu thing, misread the Luffy part, sorry
    No sweat. I realize I write a bit incoherently sometimes, so you're not really at fault. I need to realize that just because I understand what *I* mean doesn't mean everyone else will. Didn't mean to come across as a douche there. I'll try to be more specific in the future.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji / Akainu / Kizaru / Mihawk / Doflamingo / Garp / Sengoku / Yonkou / Rayleigh / Marco / Smoker
    are indeed stronger the Luffy
    But What about the Escaped prisoners from Impel Down???
    According to Sengoku's Expression when mentioned it was very Bad.
    I think there are lot of Strong People out there not known to yet

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no proof Smoker is stronger but he was unable to be on par with him his training would be pointless they're not showing his character for no reason I feel anyway. All the others you mentioned before are fine though as we haven't seen Luffy's full strength either. Nor the crew. Most of the mid tiers at the war and high tiers are stronger now as of two years after the timeskip well have to see. I doubt we'll see him lose fights but he'll escape and fight on par if not defeat a lot of people. He lost a ton of battles after Rob Lucci. I don't think we'll be seeing him lose unless specific circumstances permit him to give himself up for the crew to live in the end of the manga. He will have rough life and death battles though I can't wait.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Smoker stronger than luffy? Why? I am sure he is pretty damn strong but 2 years ago the only thing he realistically had over luffy was the fact that he was intangible. I don't think that is going to be an issue nowadays. I do think that safe for the intangible thing smoker and luffy were actually equals 2 years ago....

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol about Rob Lucci.
    I really hope we never see him again.

There are plenty of people stronge than Luffy right now, but he wiill end up surpassing them all soon.
    The thing is... since he probably won't go and train again until the end of the manga, I don't see how he can suddenly become better.

This manga is different from the other...
    It's not like he could train to learn FRS (like in Naruto), or stop time and train to become a god (like in Bleach).

In any case, he beat people that were far stronger than him in the first part of the manga (Crocodile, Enel), so he might be able to beat stronger people in Part 2 as well...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of characters stronger than Luffy, my question is what difference does it make? His strength, or lack thereof, in comparison to other characters has hardly effected the plot or outcome of fights thus far. Nor will it likely be a deciding factor later in the series. When it comes time to fight, he will fight irregardless of how much stronger his opponent is. Databook stats and special techniques don't play a large role in One Piece fights.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    There are plenty of characters stronger than Luffy, my question is what difference does it make? His strength, or lack thereof, in comparison to other characters has hardly effected the plot or outcome of fights thus far. Nor will it likely be a deciding factor later in the series. When it comes time to fight, he will fight irregardless of how much stronger his opponent is. Databook stats and special techniques don't play a large role in One Piece fights.
    Agreed, but I do feel that special techniques do play a large role in One Piece fights, as opposed to dumb power-ups. For me, the special attacks unique to the characters are what drive the fights. It's really cool seeing Luffy use his iconic attacks against new foes as well as new attacks that he just made up or have been working.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that gear 2 plus kenbunshoku haki could help luffy not get poisoned by anything he doesn't have an immunity to, and busoshoku haki could let luffy punch magellan without getting poisoned, it has that property. I'm going to give the edge to luffy but it wouldn't be a blowout

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the admirals are still stronger than luffy,but i'd like him to have surpassed at least the shichibukais. of course the emperors are still too far above him,except for BB who is nearer them nonetheless.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member warsetone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

nah I got a feeling that BB is probably the strongest of the yonkous at the moment
    - Big Mom and Kaido might lose to luffy in the upcoming arcs if they end up fighting eachother
    - I dont think Garp and Sengoku are stronger than luffy anymore, they are getting old, the same goes to rayleigh

I'd go with Mihawk, Doflamingo, Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, Dragon, Shanks, BB, and maybe Kaido/Big Mom (we will have to see how they fare when they show up)

- the rest known characters are equal to luffy at best

--------

notice the list is pretty much still old list of top shichibukai + admirals + yonkou + dragon... hasnt changed much lol and they've all been mentioned through out the serie

Mihawk/Dragon/Shanks (first arc), BB (second arc), Doflamingo (third arc), Admirals (fourth arc, *akainu was first mentioned in third arc in anime), Kaido (fifth arc), Big Mom (eighth arc, fifth arc if she is the same person mentioned by Lola)

Now here is what I think:

if you reverse this order, you get:

1) Big Mom and Kaido appeared too late compared to other characters from this list, so expect them to be eliminated first,
    2) followed by Aokiji/Kizaru (Aokiji might avoid a fight)
    3) final opponents are BB/Akainu/Doflamingo

Shanks/Dragon/Mihawk wouldnt be elimitated by luffy via fighting

By now, we shouldve already heard all characters in the OP universe that are powerful enough to be heard. There shouldn't be anyone else out of the blue that's this powerful yet we still don't know about. If we haven't heard of their names, then they are probably not that famous/powerful to be remembered.
    RMB that the top forces in OP are Shichibukai/Marine HQ/Yonkou/Dragon
    Last edited by warsetone; March 14, 2012 at 02:39 AM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mam? kidding? so far it's impossible for Luffy to beat him. let's what will happen next. one piece 660 is coming out soon

Country
    Serbia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    So, I after reading todays chapter(14 dec) I just kept wondering, who is still stronger than Luffy after the 2 years. And who has Luffy supassed or is he now/still equal to?
    Anyways, I wanted to know what you guys thought about it
    Here's my list anyway:

Stronger than Luffy
    Akainu
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Mihawk "Hawk eye"
    Blackbeard (Yea, he is stronger atm.)
    Monkey D. Dragon
    Oh, and Kaidou and Shanks

Equal to Luffy
    Law
    Kidd
    Big Mam
    Rob Lucci (Yep he also trained in the 2 years)
    Jinbei

Note: I do not mean only their physical strenge, but their strenge + skill.
    Usopp and Nami aren't really that much strong physically, but because of what they can do, they are much much stronger
    I hardly dought Luffy is equal to Big MoM,although about the other statements your correct,i dont know about Lucci thought,Luffy progressed a long way after he defeated him... So i think hes not equal.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tomte View Post
    Big Mam? kidding? so far it's impossible for Luffy to beat him. let's what will happen next. one piece 660 is coming out soon
    and its not him,its her...

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warsetone View Post
    nah I got a feeling that BB is probably the strongest of the yonkous at the moment
    - Big Mom and Kaido might lose to luffy in the upcoming arcs if they end up fighting eachother
    - I dont think Garp and Sengoku are stronger than luffy anymore, they are getting old, the same goes to rayleigh

I'd go with Mihawk, Doflamingo, Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, Dragon, Shanks, BB, and maybe Kaido/Big Mom (we will have to see how they fare when they show up)

- the rest known characters are equal to luffy at best

--------

notice the list is pretty much still old list of top shichibukai + admirals + yonkou + dragon... hasnt changed much lol and they've all been mentioned through out the serie

Mihawk/Dragon/Shanks (first arc), BB (second arc), Doflamingo (third arc), Admirals (fourth arc, *akainu was first mentioned in third arc in anime), Kaido (fifth arc), Big Mom (eighth arc, fifth arc if she is the same person mentioned by Lola)

Now here is what I think:

if you reverse this order, you get:

1) Big Mom and Kaido appeared too late compared to other characters from this list, so expect them to be eliminated first,
    2) followed by Aokiji/Kizaru (Aokiji might avoid a fight)
    3) final opponents are BB/Akainu/Doflamingo

Shanks/Dragon/Mihawk wouldnt be elimitated by luffy via fighting

By now, we shouldve already heard all characters in the OP universe that are powerful enough to be heard. There shouldn't be anyone else out of the blue that's this powerful yet we still don't know about. If we haven't heard of their names, then they are probably not that famous/powerful to be remembered.
    RMB that the top forces in OP are Shichibukai/Marine HQ/Yonkou/Dragon
    Shanks(the red-haired pirates) are currently stronger than BB,i can guarantee that.Beaucse BB wouldent wait one second to kill Shanks.Hes not that stupid...
    And i think Shanks is currently the strongest pirate in the one piece world,excluding Dragon(hes no pirate)....

PS: Luffy cant take on kaidou or Big MoM yet,they arent King's of the sea for nothing dude.If you can beat a younkou after 2 years of training ,than people would train more and go out to do it....
    Last edited by Filster; March 14, 2012 at 05:46 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

this isn't dragonball, not everything is decided by power alone, you can't rank people in a straight line hierarchy

having seen the latest chapter, i highly doubt anyone can match law easily bar an ambush happening. law has TK control over everything in his room power range, and his room is shown to be huge now

luffy's powers are too physical based to enable him to fight law well. smoker would be able to fight law well though.

rob lucci was always stronger than luffy anyway. he's a brute strength genius, reaching 4000 douriki on brute strength alone (even gifted individuals like kaku and jyabura could only reach 2000 or thereabouts). luffy was never even close to lucci. he merely depended on gear 2nd to increase his strength momentarily at the expense of stamina.

if lucci learns haki anytime, he'd be nigh unstoppable

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast