Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

I'm a proponnent of Luffy being equal to Big Mam. Let's face it, there shouldn't be anymore major power ups unless Luffy gains another devil fruit ability, which although possible I personally don't believe DF powers mean too much when faced with haki, fighting ability, and brute strength. That being said, when he faces her he'll have to be able to win right? Nobody thinks, "hey, Luffy is totally gonna lose to Big Mam if and when they face" so you pretty much have to think he's totally close to her fighting level if he's gonna face her in 2-3 arcs, which should be about right if you believe that One Piece is slightly over half way complete and that Big Mam is not the main/final villain.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

a lot of you are crazy,imo. forgive me,but how can you say that luffy is equal to an emperor??? emperors are the strongest pirates and it was stated that to deal with them HQ and shichibukai are needed! so goes for mihawk,he can't be stronger than an emperor,otherwise he could have stopped WB or marco by himself.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because WB was that strong doesn't mean the other emperors are that strong.. 1 Emperors strength isn't equal all emperors strengths..
    Brook wanted: DEAD OR ALIVE!
    Yohohohohohohoho! Marine Joke!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    a lot of you are crazy,imo. forgive me,but how can you say that luffy is equal to an emperor??? emperors are the strongest pirates and it was stated that to deal with them HQ and shichibukai are needed! so goes for mihawk,he can't be stronger than an emperor,otherwise he could have stopped WB or marco by himself.
    emperors are known for their capability in keeping territories, not their fighting ability

of course fighting power would in some way influence how their crew and the general public respect them, so they would have to be decently strong, but they don't necessarily have to be top 5 or top 10 in the world

buggy could easily be an emperor now with his stupidly infatuated crew fighting in his stead. doesn't make him as strong as wb in that case, i think even usopp could beat him

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I will make it short, here's my breakdown:

stronger (there are still plenty, don't worry) (no particular order)
    • Kong (don't think this will be relevant)
    • Akainu
    • Kizaru + 2 new Admirals
    • Aokiji
    • still Sengoku + Garp (won't be relevant, maybe Garp as a test)
    • Dragon
    • Mihawk
    • Doflamingo
    • Blackbeard
    • Shanks
    • Kaido
    • Big Mom
    • Magellan
    • (Rayleigh)

relatively equal
    • Law
    • Kid
    • Kuma
    • Ivankov
    • Hancock
    • Marco
    • Smoker

overcome
    • Crocodile
    • Rob Lucci
    • Jinbei
    • Moriah
    • Jozu
    • (generally the first mates in my eyes. debatable)
    • other Vice Admirals
    • other Supernovas

Don't know if I forgot someone (relevant).

So in the end, my conclusion is that the timeskip didn't help Luffy this much to become much stronger than many other pirates/marines, but more to close the gap to the top. But reaching it will fortunately only happen as the story advances.

edit:
    I think the important point is, that Luffy has become equal to people like Kuma/Marco (in my eyes) but is still progressing as in the first part. So now he can win fights like against Crocodile/Rob Lucci but with contrahents as Big Mom/Magellan.
    And with doing so (nearly deathmatches for him) he becomes equal/somewhat stronger.
    Last edited by fcToho; March 16, 2012 at 03:47 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownMugiwara View Post
    Just because WB was that strong doesn't mean the other emperors are that strong.. 1 Emperors strength isn't equal all emperors strengths..
    sure? all 3 emperors could stand him so they were more or less at the same level. As someone already said here: it can't be that between emperors there is much strength difference ,hence it can't be Emperor A >>>> Emperor B , nor Emperor A > Emperor B ,because they wouldn't be yonkous anymore,but sankous ! I could understand if they were as akainu and aokiji,equal with a winner after some days of fight,perhpas there is even a bigger difference,but surely the level is quite even.

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

As Hyper_Megaman said, they are emporers because they have conquered islands as their territories in the NW.. It doesn't have to be because of their stregth, if they have enough (more) people in their crew they would win the fight. That's what Don Creek did (however that was not in Grand line)

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

As Hyper_Megaman said, they are emporers because they have conquered islands as their territories in the NW.. It doesn't have to be because of their stregth, if they have enough (more) people in their crew they would win the fight. That's what Don Creek did (however that was not in Grand line)
    those fodders don't matter anymore in new world,in fact against a strong enemy those fodders can't help but die,as mihawk "taught" them. and again,it's false what you said,since garp had stated that here http://www.mangareader.net/103-2539-...apter-432.html . Mihawk possesses an island himself,that doesn't make him an emperor. you are mistaking the cause and the effect,imo. I mean,it's not that you are emperor because you reign,you reign because you are emperor!

Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

So what you're saying is that as soon as Luffy kicks BM's ass he will become an emperor because he know has ONE island.. That's stupid, having one island doesn't make you an emperor, having ten do (depending on the number of islands in the new world.)
    Also fodder does matter, 1 G-5 marine may not be strong but if you have a 1000, then they are trouble.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Also when was it shown/stated that Mihawk has an island in the New World?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys guys... Luffy will never have, nor even give a fuck, about the title of Yonko.
    The whole notion of Yonko will disappear as soon as Luffy will defeat BM and make the balance crumble IMO. The one who wants to become PK has to break this balance and defeat those 4 to become ultimately the PK.

I think that this is how it is gonna be : Luffy will defeat BM ----> Status quo is broken, huge turmoil will happen in the NW where Marines, Pirates, all the big forces will play a part, after long and terrific battles and stuff, in which I believe, Luffy vs BB will be the final act of those fights, Luffy will emerge as the PK. Somehow, it is gonna follow nearly the same scheme as in the first half : Luffy defeated Crocodile, empty spot in the Shichibukai, which lead to BB wanting to be part of it, which lead to him giving Ace to the Marines, which eventually lead to the war and the death of WB/Ace, and the apparition of a new force called BB.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

So what you're saying is that as soon as Luffy kicks BM's ass he will become an emperor because he know has ONE island.. That's stupid, having one island doesn't make you an emperor, having ten do (depending on the number of islands in the new world.)
    Also fodder does matter, 1 G-5 marine may not be strong but if you have a 1000, then they are trouble.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

Also when was it shown/stated that Mihawk has an island in the New World?
    where did you read these posts of mine???mihawk has got an island,but I didn't say he has got it in the NW. Furthermore,fodders are fodders,read again fishmen arc,50 thousands were defeated with a glance

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, mihawk being comparable in strength to a yonko does not necessarily mean he has to take over territory and whatnot. He could simply not give a fuck about pirate shenanigans and take a job with the government which would give him the freedom to fight at his convenience only with people who can somehow amuse him when he is bored (say, the occasional east blue worthless pirate with a 50 ship fleet or someone he believes could be a match for his sword) while not having to bother fighting everyone he sees along the way.

As for luffy vs big mom, I don't think we have a way to know. Big mom is not necessarily as strong as WB and that is extremely important. We also have no clue whatsoever of when luffy will fight her. For all we know luffy ends up fighting her 4 arcs from now in which case it would mean he would have substantial growth from when the challenge was issued and it would make perfect sense for him to win against her. Luffy right now is insanely strong, he is not the worthless powerless rookie he was in the first part of the manga and he is going to keep getting stronger.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    where did you read these posts of mine???mihawk has got an island,but I didn't say he has got it in the NW. Furthermore,fodders are fodders,read again fishmen arc,50 thousands were defeated with a glance
    Well, the 50000 fishmen who were taken out were not necessarily warriors... I don't think their strength deserved any praise beyond being stronger than the average fishmen.... Based on what we have seen, it seems like luffy is capable of taking out regular pirates worth up to 30 mil with haki (the guy who impersonated him and mr 3 for instance).... It would not be weird for grand line pirates to be stronger than individual pirates worth that much though, if I recall tashigi did mention the lot of them was trained to reflect cannon fire which is not small feat (although it does not make them beasts in any form). As luffy moves on in the new world it is likely that his conqueror's haki will not quite be enough to take out armies.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there are many people in the New World who are stronger than Luffy right now. For example, the top fighters among Yonko's crew would beat Luffy with ease, just like strong captains would do. Luffy has only learned Haki which is a must-have but still developped among new world pirates.

It is just like when Luffy entered Paradise : most of the famous people there are stronger but he will surpass them all and quickly, the same way he did in the past with an exponential growth from East Blue to Marineford. He has a massive potential because of his harsh training and now he only lacks experience. New World is exactly the experience which is going to turn him from candidate to Pirate King, from middle tiers to world top fighters.

Here's a previous post on my view about 2-years training and world superpowers :
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post2777542
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; March 19, 2012 at 07:30 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

@KKck,how can you compare current rufy to the one who made Mr.3 fall down 2 years ago at MF??? surely luffy has become stronger,and his conqueror's haki must have increased as well. anyway,as you pointed out,numbers don't matter when we are talking about fodders. a G-5 marine is fodder but 1000 aren't,unknownmugiwara said. I'd disagree: if you can crush (in the sense that you literally own him) a G-5 marine,1000 of the same level wouldn't be a problem,you need just some more time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    North Pole
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Mom's way stronger than Luffy right now. But he will get stronger and stronger, and eventually kick her ass.

Many people are stronger than Luffy, but the thing with Luffy is that he's always getting stronger. Eventually, he will be the strongest!

But for now, a few of the people stronger than Luffy are

Akainu
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Sengoku
    Garp

Blackbeard
    Big Mom
    Kaidou
    Shanks

Mihawk
    Doflamingo
    Kuma

Dragon
    Ivankov

...and others, too. But they won't be stronger than him for long. He'll be Pirate King after all, right?

New Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast