Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 196

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

  1. #76
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sArrr!land
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlayerKisame View Post
    I don't get how you could think that.

    Alright, let's look at this from a third person perspective. Everyone was going about their duties during the timeskip. Sure, the pirates/marines may have gotten stronger, but nobody trained as hard as Luffy. He restrained himself to an island, got a PhD in all studies of haki, and now probably knows everything, literally everything about his DF. Keep in mind Luffy spent 2 full years in training. Why would he quit the training if he was not even strong enough to kill the guy who killed his brother?


    The training was merely to survive in the new world which none of them would have for a long time. I don't won't to say that he is a weak or something but I'd say he is not even close to defeat the likes of Akainu he will just not die almost instantly and might very well be able to put up a fight. Especially plot wise it wouldn't make that much sense if he is able to fight one of the top dogs of the marines. Hell Akainu might be even the strongest person of the marines.
    I see the training just as a tool to close the gap he experienced in the war not to surpass everybody. The last progress to be strong enough to beat them will be gained through his journey.

    The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

  2. #77
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Characters who are still stronger than Luffy: the admirals, the emperors, the emperors's lieutenants, garp, mihawk, rayleigh, marco, kong, sengoku, dragon.

    I also do not think that the other supernovas are on par with Luffy, even before the timeskip Luffy was already stronger than all of them and the only reason why Kidd
    had a slightly higher bounty than him was because he was hurting civilians, and while they were splitting their time between training and exploring the new world
    luffy was focusing all of his attention on training so the obvious conclusion is that luffy is stronger than the supernovas by quite a margin, not that they are weak.
    The same thing is valid for Smoker, he was only beating Luffy because the later was unable to land a hit on his logia body, but now not only did he gain the ability
    to hit logia users he also improved his devil fruits powers and gained haki of observation, luffy is definitely stronger than Smoker.
    Lucci and Luffy were almost on par before the timeskip but now it's clear that Luffy is much stronger than him, you can't except every person that luffy has fought
    in the past to have the same growth rate as he does otherwise everyone will become admiral-level by the end of the serie
    Ivankov is also not stronger than luffy, we've seen his fight with Magellan and he didn't really have more luck than luffy did, they were probably on the same level back then, now luffy is stronger.
    Also the emperors are do not hold that title just because they have large territories and soldiers, it's also because they are exceedinly powerful, look at Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard
    you can't expect the soldiers, especially pirates to follow someone who is weaker than the are, and we all know that in OP massive numbers of fighters isn't what determines
    the outcome of a battle, it's the strength of the top fighters, the strawhats vs the fishermen is a good example of how 10 people defeated an entire army and it wasn't that hard for them to do so,
    and the argument that in the NW the pirates are stronger than the ones in the first part of the grand line isn't valid, we've all seen these pirates fight in the war of the best, besides their captains who were
    probably each on par with a vice admiral(remember that before the timeskip luffy could defeat multiple vice admirals by himself) they weren't that strong, and i know that the pirates that were present
    were only a few crews of all the ones in the NW but it was explicitly said that they were veterans of the NW, they still lost consciousness to Luffy's haki even before
    he gained control over it so my guess is, in the NW there is more top tiers pirates but the foot soldiers level is still not high enough to pose a threat.

  3. #78
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
    Characters who are still stronger than Luffy: the admirals, the emperors, the emperors's lieutenants, garp, mihawk, rayleigh, marco, kong, sengoku, dragon.

    I also do not think that the other supernovas are on par with Luffy, even before the timeskip Luffy was already stronger than all of them and the only reason why Kidd
    had a slightly higher bounty than him was because he was hurting civilians, and while they were splitting their time between training and exploring the new world
    luffy was focusing all of his attention on training so the obvious conclusion is that luffy is stronger than the supernovas by quite a margin, not that they are weak.
    The same thing is valid for Smoker, he was only beating Luffy because the later was unable to land a hit on his logia body, but now not only did he gain the ability
    to hit logia users he also improved his devil fruits powers and gained haki of observation, luffy is definitely stronger than Smoker.
    Lucci and Luffy were almost on par before the timeskip but now it's clear that Luffy is much stronger than him, you can't except every person that luffy has fought
    in the past to have the same growth rate as he does otherwise everyone will become admiral-level by the end of the serie
    Ivankov is also not stronger than luffy, we've seen his fight with Magellan and he didn't really have more luck than luffy did, they were probably on the same level back then, now luffy is stronger.
    Also the emperors are do not hold that title just because they have large territories and soldiers, it's also because they are exceedinly powerful, look at Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard
    you can't expect the soldiers, especially pirates to follow someone who is weaker than the are, and we all know that in OP massive numbers of fighters isn't what determines
    the outcome of a battle, it's the strength of the top fighters, the strawhats vs the fishermen is a good example of how 10 people defeated an entire army and it wasn't that hard for them to do so,
    and the argument that in the NW the pirates are stronger than the ones in the first part of the grand line isn't valid, we've all seen these pirates fight in the war of the best, besides their captains who were
    probably each on par with a vice admiral(remember that before the timeskip luffy could defeat multiple vice admirals by himself) they weren't that strong, and i know that the pirates that were present
    were only a few crews of all the ones in the NW but it was explicitly said that they were veterans of the NW, they still lost consciousness to Luffy's haki even before
    he gained control over it so my guess is, in the NW there is more top tiers pirates but the foot soldiers level is still not high enough to pose a threat.
    It was so difficult reading your post lol

    Firstly, I'd have to disagree with you on Iva. This is a person who is very highly ranked in the RA and is someone who could fight on par with a pacifista-enhanced Kuma. The more solid proof of him not being on the same level as Luffy is that he beat Sanji without breaking a sweat, can you honestly say that Luffy can do the same?

    Also, when did Luffy beat multiple vice-admirals on his own? I can't remember such a thing occuring


    Quote Originally Posted by Dice View Post
    The training was merely to survive in the new world which none of them would have for a long time. I don't won't to say that he is a weak or something but I'd say he is not even close to defeat the likes of Akainu he will just not die almost instantly and might very well be able to put up a fight. Especially plot wise it wouldn't make that much sense if he is able to fight one of the top dogs of the marines. Hell Akainu might be even the strongest person of the marines.
    I see the training just as a tool to close the gap he experienced in the war not to surpass everybody. The last progress to be strong enough to beat them will be gained through his journey.
    Right now you can't exactly back up that statement. We haven't seen Luffy pushed to his limits yet since the TS, nor have we seen him take on someone of Akainu's level. For all we know, he may not be that far off, he is expected to beat BM by the end of this saga anyway but who knows? It's Oda after all...
    Last edited by abc1233; July 02, 2012 at 04:52 PM.

  4. #79
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    The 5 vice admirals of the Enies Lobbis arc weren't even able to capture Luffy that should be proof enough that he is already stronger than any vice admiral.
    As for Iva Sanji is very strong but he's nowhere near Luffy strength and now after the timeskip both of are much stronger, I don't see Iva being stronger than they are.

  5. #80
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,805
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    ^I don't think that is necessarily the case. The VAs at ennies lobby where there solely for the buster call. At no point they ever tried to get involved and most of them probably wouldn't have been able too. The odds of a VA actually being stronger than luffy are small IMO however I do think a few of them should be roughly even.

    As for people currently stronger than luffy I would go for these guys:

    - All three admirals
    - Maybe a few VAs. Smoker should be close to a match to luffy and I do doubt smoker is the strongest of them considering his age.
    - Marco, jozu and vista (I rate this guys at roughly the admiral level)
    - Mihawk (match for shanks and the admirals IMO)
    - Shanks
    - garp
    - the yonko. I guess there is the possibility that currently at least one of the yonko is actually at about luffy's level although the odds of that are slim
    - A few of the commanders should be about as strong as luffy
    - jinbe is equal to luffy
    - Iva is a bit of a wildcard IMO however it wouldn't be strange to me if he was on the level or stronger than luffy. The guy actually kicked kuma's but a bit in a strictly non sexual way.
    - Kuma should be stronger than luffy
    - Hancock should be stronger than luffy IMO
    - There should be several crews in the NW with captains as strong and perhaps stronger than luffy.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #81
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Since we've been talking about mainly pre-time skip characters: I think Vergo is also stronger than Luffy - unless his powers can't bring down Luffy because "he's a rubber man". :/

  8. #82
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Morocco
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    I think we shouldn't speculate on Vergo's strength for now until we know for sure how he brought down Law to his knees.
    Smoker is in no way close to luffy's strength, we've seen how he didn't last long against Law, and when you remember that Luffy is the strongest of the eleven supernovas.
    Jinbei is pretty strong but I don't think he is stronger than Luffy, currently I think luffy is as powerful as Ace was before dying and yes we saw Ace fighting Jinbei and they were a match to each other but that was years ago, Ace was still young and he became a lot stronger than that, so no Jinbei is weaker.
    Kuma isn't stronger than Luffy especially after seeing how Luffy OHKO'd a pacisifta, yes Kuma must be the strongest of the pacisifta but still.
    And I don't think a single vice-admiral is stronger than Luffy, and for Vergo who's current strength is unknown you need to remember that he is a pirate who infiltrated the marines so even if he's very powerful it doesn't mean the other vice admirals are near his level.

  9. #83
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
    I think we shouldn't speculate on Vergo's strength for now until we know for sure how he brought down Law to his knees.
    Smoker is in no way close to luffy's strength, we've seen how he didn't last long against Law, and when you remember that Luffy is the strongest of the eleven supernovas.
    Jinbei is pretty strong but I don't think he is stronger than Luffy, currently I think luffy is as powerful as Ace was before dying and yes we saw Ace fighting Jinbei and they were a match to each other but that was years ago, Ace was still young and he became a lot stronger than that, so no Jinbei is weaker.
    Kuma isn't stronger than Luffy especially after seeing how Luffy OHKO'd a pacisifta, yes Kuma must be the strongest of the pacisifta but still.
    And I don't think a single vice-admiral is stronger than Luffy, and for Vergo who's current strength is unknown you need to remember that he is a pirate who infiltrated the marines so even if he's very powerful it doesn't mean the other vice admirals are near his level.
    Kuma isn't stronger? He's probably got one of the most powerful DFs out there, he is in a completely different league to the other pacifistas so the fact that Luffy OHKO'd a pacifista isn't saying much, Kuma pretty much did that pre-TS.


    How can you say that all the VAs are weaker than Luffy? We've only got a rough idea of Smoker's strength, the others are pretty much unknown. All we know is that they all have haki and most likely have much more experience with haki than Luffy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
    The 5 vice admirals of the Enies Lobbis arc weren't even able to capture Luffy that should be proof enough that he is already stronger than any vice admiral.
    As for Iva Sanji is very strong but he's nowhere near Luffy strength and now after the timeskip both of are much stronger, I don't see Iva being stronger than they are.
    The buster call is really a poor example, they weren't exactly fighting Luffy properly and it's just ridiculous to think that pre-TS Luffy could take on 5 experienced haki users who are just below admiral level.

    Sanji is obviously weaker than Luffy, but could Luffy have taken him out without breaking a sweat like Iva did? I very much doubt it.


    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ^I don't think that is necessarily the case. The VAs at ennies lobby where there solely for the buster call. At no point they ever tried to get involved and most of them probably wouldn't have been able too. The odds of a VA actually being stronger than luffy are small IMO however I do think a few of them should be roughly even.

    As for people currently stronger than luffy I would go for these guys:

    - All three admirals
    - Maybe a few VAs. Smoker should be close to a match to luffy and I do doubt smoker is the strongest of them considering his age.
    - Marco, jozu and vista (I rate this guys at roughly the admiral level)
    - Mihawk (match for shanks and the admirals IMO)
    - Shanks
    - garp
    - the yonko. I guess there is the possibility that currently at least one of the yonko is actually at about luffy's level although the odds of that are slim
    - A few of the commanders should be about as strong as luffy
    - jinbe is equal to luffy
    - Iva is a bit of a wildcard IMO however it wouldn't be strange to me if he was on the level or stronger than luffy. The guy actually kicked kuma's but a bit in a strictly non sexual way.
    - Kuma should be stronger than luffy
    - Hancock should be stronger than luffy IMO
    - There should be several crews in the NW with captains as strong and perhaps stronger than luffy.
    I wouldn't say that Hancock is stronger. Pre-TS she didn't do anything of note which post-TS Luffy can't do equally or better
    Last edited by abc1233; July 05, 2012 at 12:54 PM.

  10. #84
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TitaniumOxide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    @Abc1233 Hancock pre timeskip was able to kick the hell out of a pacifista without effort And her legs didn't even go dark to show she was using any haki although Oda might have omitted that because back then he didn't put much emphasis on using CoA as much as he did now in terms of color scheme especially when Shanks's sword didn't go dark yet it saved Coby from Akainu.

    Anyways off the top of my head I say...

    Equals:
    Law
    Kidd
    Jimbe
    (Almost Zoro)
    Magellan
    Hancock
    Some Vice Admirals
    Smoker

    Stronger:
    Admirals
    Some Vice Admirals
    Doflamingo
    Mihawk
    Emperors
    Marco and the rest of his commander colleagues
    Sengoku
    Garp

    The reason why I said some VMs for both spots is because there has never been a mention of VMs having to be on the same level. Maybe the VMs during the Enies Lobby arc were fodder but perhaps others are more capable. Smoker lost to Law because it seems like he didn't know of the extent of Law's powers because Smoker isn't stupid. If he knew of Law's full power I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten in such a situation where Law can rip his heart out in that particular way. I'm not kissing his ass but I think until we see Smoker truly fight a big time antagonist/Luffy, we shouldn't underestimate him and give him a second chance after losing to Law like that.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent fails to work hard." - Kevin Durant
    "Expected charity is a nicer way to demand slavery." - Terry Goodkind

    If my grammar and overall writing sucks, my bad, im too lazy to do everything right on my fone.

  11. #85
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member abc1233's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Country
    Winterfell
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    989
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by TitaniumOxide View Post
    @Abc1233 Hancock pre timeskip was able to kick the hell out of a pacifista without effort And her legs didn't even go dark to show she was using any haki although Oda might have omitted that because back then he didn't put much emphasis on using CoA as much as he did now in terms of color scheme especially when Shanks's sword didn't go dark yet it saved Coby from Akainu.

    Anyways off the top of my head I say...

    Equals:
    Law
    Kidd
    Jimbe
    (Almost Zoro)
    Magellan
    Hancock
    Some Vice Admirals
    Smoker

    Stronger:
    Admirals
    Some Vice Admirals
    Doflamingo
    Mihawk
    Emperors
    Marco and the rest of his commander colleagues
    Sengoku
    Garp

    The reason why I said some VMs for both spots is because there has never been a mention of VMs having to be on the same level. Maybe the VMs during the Enies Lobby arc were fodder but perhaps others are more capable. Smoker lost to Law because it seems like he didn't know of the extent of Law's powers because Smoker isn't stupid. If he knew of Law's full power I'm sure he wouldn't have gotten in such a situation where Law can rip his heart out in that particular way. I'm not kissing his ass but I think until we see Smoker truly fight a big time antagonist/Luffy, we shouldn't underestimate him and give him a second chance after losing to Law like that.
    Well as you said, Oda didn't make CoA usage that obvious before. Vista and Marco used CoA on Akainu, Shanks too but there was nothing to suggest that they had done so other than being able to touch logias/others commenting on it. So we can't say if she did or not, even if she didn't, it's still not a feat which is beyond Luffy's capabilities. Sanji pretty much achieved the same thing and we can all agree that Luffy can hit harder than Sanji.

    Also, I'd have to disagree on Law/Kidd being Luffy's equals. They were equal/slightly below Luffy before the TS in which Luffy focused purely on getting stronger with the PK's first mate. I highly doubt Law/Kidd grew to the same extent as Luffy during the TS. If they had then there wouldn't have been any point in Luffy wasting 2 years training when he could have just gone into the NW and levelled up to the same extent.
    Last edited by abc1233; July 10, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

  12. #86
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    All of the Kujo Pirates can use armament haki, confirmed by Rayliegh. Hancock is also a confirmed wielder of conqueror's haki.
    Last edited by Kaiten; July 10, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

  13. #87
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member fcToho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by abc1233 View Post
    Also, I'd have to disagree on Law/Kidd being Luffy's equals. They were equal/slightly below Luffy before the TS in which Luffy focused purely on getting stronger with the PK's first mate. I highly doubt Law/Kidd grew to the same extent as Luffy during the TS. If they had then there wouldn't have been any point in Luffy wasting 2 years training when he could have just gone into the NW and levelled up to the same extent.
    But I think this is exactly the case. I find it kind of stupid too, but imo Luffy, Kid, Law are supposed to be still on the same level. Heck.. I can even believe Kidd is stronger at the moment.

  14. #88
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ourum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Stronger
    Akainu
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Dracule Mihawk
    Donquixote Doflamingo
    Big Mom (Charlotte Linlin)
    Kaidou
    Shanks
    Blackbeard
    Bartholomew Kuma
    Rayleigh Silvers

    Equal
    Eustass Kidd
    Trafalgar Law
    Rob Lucci (maybe)
    Crocodile (maybe)
    X Drake
    Basil Hawkins

    Weaker
    Magellan (haki turns the battle right around)
    Sengoku
    Garp
    Smoker
    Coby
    Mr. 1
    all other important characters


    Weakest
    Buggy


    all just my own speculation, and none of them are in order of strength

  15. #89
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ourum View Post
    Stronger
    Akainu
    Aokiji
    Kizaru
    Dracule Mihawk
    Donquixote Doflamingo
    Big Mom (Charlotte Linlin)
    Kaidou
    Shanks
    Blackbeard
    Bartholomew Kuma
    Rayleigh Silvers

    Equal
    Eustass Kidd
    Trafalgar Law
    Rob Lucci (maybe)
    Crocodile (maybe)
    X Drake
    Basil Hawkins

    Weaker
    Magellan (haki turns the battle right around)
    Sengoku
    Garp
    Smoker
    Coby
    Mr. 1
    all other important characters


    Weakest
    Buggy


    all just my own speculation, and none of them are in order of strength
    I know its your speculation and all but how can you think Garp and Sengoku are weaker than Luffy?
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

  16. #90
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Palau
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,016
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

    Eneru, Kong, Kaidou, is stronger than Luffy

New Reply
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts