Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

Quote Originally Posted by alisdfd View Post
    post time skip luffy can face VAs and possibly win against them
    Let me remind you that Zoro defeated a VA pretimeskip (I know it was just just one slash but that saved their asses while they were trying to reach EL ) Luffy can defeat a VA now IMO

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matzik1212 View Post
    Let me remind you that Zoro defeated a VA pretimeskip (I know it was just just one slash but that saved their asses while they were trying to reach EL ) Luffy can defeat a VA now IMO
    Who's that VA ? I don't remember that scene...

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Before ennies lobby... I don't think zoro ever fought a VA. he fought tbone if I recall but he only a captain and overall fodder.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it
    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Who's that VA ? I don't remember that scene...
    hes referring to marine captain ship cutting t bone.....whos not a vice admiral.

eww im mad kkck was first damn phone been trying to post for twenty minutes but yea pre time skip no one defeated a va in thw mugiwaras crew.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I don't know why I had the idea he was a VA .... My bad

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I don't know why I had the idea he was a VA .... My bad
    Its because he was seriously hyped up. All the lesser petty officers (that's actually their rank lol) were hyping him up as he stepped up to take on Zoro who just... Well... wrecked him...

At EL in the story, the entire crew were strong enough to dispatch of a Marine Captain individually. With many of them taking out various Captains lol.
    The average Captain level was already fodder in the eyes of the SH's too.
    Although if Coby learns to use his Soru more efficiently he could be stronger than the average one.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

For what we have seen, a lot of VA are only around pre-timeskip supernova level. A current luffy , sanji or zoro would simply trash most of them. If Bartolomeo can do it, no reason for our monster trio not to do it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the reply but not being rude please help me to find the chapter where zoro defeated a VA

I think you are talking about T-BONE - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/T-Bone he is a captain not a VA if I am wrong correct me

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zelllogan View Post
    For what we have seen, a lot of VA are only around pre-timeskip supernova level. A current luffy , sanji or zoro would simply trash most of them. If Bartolomeo can do it, no reason for our monster trio not to do it.
    bart boy's df works in his favour thus he could have won due to maynard's impatience to find out the weak spot

I think they will be able to defeat VA but only lower class ones not the ones that are being trained as law already said the marines have been preparing. in my mind those who are part of the preparation are able to give luffy a hard time

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you for the reply but not being rude please help me to find the chapter where zoro defeated a VA

I think you are talking about T-BONE - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/T-Bone he is a captain not a VA if I am wrong correct me
    If you had bothered to actually read the posts here, you would've noticed that she was shown to be wrong and acknowledged that. You pointing it out again is somewhat unnecessary.
    Last edited by Azuma; May 25, 2013 at 10:19 AM.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Pre-timeskip Supernova level? Where the hell did that come from?
    Dalmatian and Momonga just bumped into Luffy in the war and outclassed him effortlessly and continued dispatching of pirates.

I agree Monster Trio can all beat Vice-Admirals, but trash them? That's a bit too far.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are talking about T-BONE - http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/T-Bone he is a captain not a VA if I am wrong correct

bart boy's df works in his favour thus he could have won due to maynard's impatience to find out the weak spot
    Someone already pointed out my mistake And I already replied admitting it was my bad . You should read all the pots before bringing back the already solved puzzle

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think all VA are at the same level. For example : Momonga and Onigumo seem to be quite fearsome, while in comparison, Smoker and Vergo seem petty before them. There's also Garp, who's (or was?) much more powerful than any VA and maybe some Admirals. You could say that he was supposed to be promoted but that doesn't change the fact that he's (was?) still a VA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than Luffy?

That's why I said a "lot" & not "all". But aside from Garp, no VA had an interesting background or story importance yet. VA are just used as stepping stones to assess the strength of the opponents. VA represent just nothing in One piece.

- the 4 VA in Enies Lobby were not able to stop Luffy ... & they were almost scared by Lucci. They didn't move a finger & they let the two beasts (lucci-luffy) fighting each other.
    - VA Lacroix was easily beaten by Oars Jr
    - VA Ronse was easily beaten by WhiteBeard
    - VA John Giant was easily beaten by WhiteBeard
    - VA Momonga had to stab himself in front of Hancock
    - VA Momonga was stopped by Do Flamingo
    - Vergo was beaten by post-time skip Law and also did a quick draw against sanji.
    - A VA was trashed by Bartolomeo

You can see the patern here ... And to see a VA beating someone relevant in One Piece ... well there was just no VA able to do that aside from Garp. That's a fact. The biggest achievement from a VA who is not Garp was to caught Marco off-guard. Vergo wasn't too bad either but that's it. In 700 chapters, that's it.

I'm not saying there aren't strong, very strong VA but so far in the manga, I'm still waiting for a VA to impress me. Based on facts alone, VA are just disappointing. The impressive marines so far were Magellan, Garp, Sentomaru & the amirals.

To finish, VA is just a rank for very experienced marines. IF Oda want me to take a VA seriously, give me a very young VA.
    Last edited by zelllogan; May 26, 2013 at 04:35 AM.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Who is stronger than Luffy?

That's why I said a "lot" & not "all". But aside from Garp, no VA had an interesting background or story importance yet. VA are just used as stepping stones to assess the strength of the opponents. VA represent just nothing in One piece.

- the 4 VA in Enies Lobby were not able to stop Luffy ... & they were almost scared by Lucci. They didn't move a finger & they let the two beasts (lucci-luffy) fighting each other.
    No.
    Firstly, ALL VA's are said to have Haki,
    There were 5 VA in Enies Lobby, and you need to read the manga urgently.
    The VA's didn't even fight so this is nonsense. They allowed CP9 to finish the job. All they were doing was destroying the island.
    Have you forgotten the BusterCall in Ohara? Aokiji and Sakaizuki didn't jump onto the island and engage in combat.

I'll tell you this, since Onigumo effortlessly caught Marco in mid-flight, and ALL VA's have Haki, Onigumo would have beaten Luffy at Enies Lobby, also Luffy was too tired to even move after the fight with Lucci so had the VA's known that, they could have easily jumped inside and killed him.

You watched the anime. In the manga, only ONE VA comments on Lucci's ability, the rest just relax since their job was only to destroy the island. Had they got involved Luffy would have died.

The others didn't give a damn about Lucci so you shouldn't say they were afraid. Re-read the chapter and you'll understand no VA was actualy "scared" of Lucci.
    It was just respect.

Momongo and Dalmatian completely outclassed Luffy when they met in him in the war.

- VA Lacroix was easily beaten by Oars Jr
    - VA Ronse was easily beaten by WhiteBeard
    - VA John Giant was easily beaten by WhiteBeard
    This is just ridiculous. Oars Jr. is a got damn tank. The descendant of Oars who completely wrecked the SH's and tons of others.
    Since when was losing to WB an insult?
    They took several critical genuine quake hits to them.
    You're joking if you think losing to WB means you're unimpressive.

Remember how WB took on Sakaizuki and knocked him elsewhere. Sakaizuki at no point looked like he was going to win against WB.
    So this is an invalid point.

You can see the patern here ... And to see a VA beating someone relevant in One Piece ... well there was just no VA able to do that aside from Garp. That's a fact. The biggest achievement from a VA who is not Garp was to caught Marco off-guard. Vergo wasn't too bad either but that's it. In 700 chapters, that's it.

I'm not saying there aren't strong, very strong VA but so far in the manga, I'm still waiting for a VA to impress me. Based on facts alone, VA are just disappointing. The impressive marines so far were Magellan, Garp, Sentomaru & the amirals.

To finish, VA is just a rank for very experienced marines. IF Oda want me to take a VA seriously, give me a very young VA.
    Firstly, Magellan isn't even a Marine, he works for the WG but not through the Navy.
    Sentomaru has only shown Haki, something that the VA's have. There is zero evidence to assume Sentomaru is any stronger than the VA's.
    First of all, Vergo beat Smoker, so unless you want to tell me Smoker is really weak as you say VA's are...

Had the war not been so hectic, Momonga would have dispatched of Luffy right here.
    Spoiler show

X Drake only had the rank of Rear-Admiral and he was pretty strong but clearly not enough to be a VA.
    Honestly, you're really wrong for saying the VA's are weak.

How would a Young VA make a difference?
    In fact, that's the key to showing how difficult it is to be a VA or Admiral, nobody when they are so young is strong enough to attain the rank.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than Luffy?

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    No.

How would a Young VA make a difference?
    In fact, that's the key to showing how difficult it is to be a VA or Admiral, nobody when they are so young is strong enough to attain the rank.
    That is the reason young VA sounds cool... There are young pirates who are stronger than VA ... But I guess since its government we are talking about.. it works not solely on strength but also on experience...

New Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast