Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Aokiji

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Future of Aokiji

Sorry but couldn't think of a better title. I posted this in the commentary section of the latest chapter, but guess it belongs elsewhere since its a prediction after all.

Well I want to be the first one to make this prediction (hopefully), about Aokiji being the next crew member. We've all learned throughout the years that Oda is not that predictable, and is still too soon to say anything, but I have seen so many predictions before that why don't make one myself. I get the feeling that in the manga they have portrayed Aokiji and Akainu as good and evil. Going back to Ohara when Mr. Kuzan was uneasy about the decision that the elders had taken to destroy an island full of scholars, and the behavior of Saulo (after what he learned from Olivia) led the man to let Robin go. The reasons why he allowed the Strawhats to leave after confronting Luffy makes me believe he is an honorable man. In contrast, the radical justice of Mr. Sukasuki in Ohara when he killed all Ohara civilians, in the war where he was killing runaway soliders instead of kicking pirate's ass, and the fact that his recommendation as fleet admiral made Aokiji step up to take the spot. I suppose that Aokiji thought that the methods used by the marines would become cruel and obsessive if Akainu took place. I think that Aokiji in an attempt to pursue his "own justice", like he once said, will drive him to join the Strawhats in an attempt of opposition of what the marines might turn into. The chapter where brook joined is title "the eight," therefore with the unconfirmed Jinbei they still would need an addition coming from the new world. With their new power-ups one can safely assume that they would need a strong member, and they still don't have a Logia or a giant (-_- he is kinda tall, right? jajaja). Furthermore, I think that the trail that the Strawhats have left so far is that they have fought oppressive people and rescue friends, and he knows this that's why he left them go after nailing Crocodile. As the story keeps on developing we all know that more of these incidents will keep unraveling, and maybe this will have him question the motives of the elders for wiping Ohara even more so that what he already has. Man I freaking loooove these kinds of episodes and I am really excited. I mean all of us had it coming that Blackbeard would become a Yonkou, and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD. I think that is kinda cool that Blackbeard can take unlimited amount of powers into his control, at this rate Luffy will have to beat him Ussop style by throwing rocks at him. I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem). Well friend I apologize for the essay, but I liked the chapter a lot, so if you are reading these last words let me thank you for your patience, jajaja.

---------- Post added December 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was December 14, 2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

No you theory is ridiculous, impossible, dumb, baseless, though is just a theory

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

In response to the massive discussion that I caused with this controversial topic, I am answering the side of my brain that says is impossible.

I am not sure left side of my brain, as far as I know, a while ago it seem pretty unrealistic to have an ex-shishibukai joining the gang and now its pretty plausible. It's pretty safe to say that as far as Oda goes there is nothing impossible, and remember he loves big twists.

Besides a lot of the current members shouldn't have joined; pirate hunter zoro, nami stole from pirates and hated them with passion, the coward ussop, probably will have a merman that doubtfully will have joined another human crew (except maybe whitebeard), and the rest are just weird robots, walking skeletons, talking raccoons, and unexpectedly a normal archeologist with a traumatic past. The only thing missing from that equation is a marine.

I am not saying I am sure he will join, but I think that there is potential. Most the reasons why people think this is impossible is because of strength, pride and ideals interference. Nonetheless, he has shown to be pretty easy going and careless. Of course, he would not join unless he is overpowered by Luffy, but as seen in the war Yonkou are the real deal; Luffy has to eventually overcome them. I mean only one yonkou fought the war against the admirals, shishibukai, and a bunch of marines, and when the second one came about everyone abstained from fighting any longer. Therefore, as far as I know there is not a real gauge to tell how powerful an admiral is.

Now, Aokiji stepped down because he doesn't want to work under Akainu, but I think is safe to assume that he will not join any party for a while. I would think he will choose to act only when he considers that justice has been corrupted by which time he will join an anti-government faction. This might allow sufficient time for Luffy to kick some Yonko's booty. I like the prediction of him becoming a revolutionary though, but its the same as my theory in the sense that he will always work under somebody. If you are a marine, what would be worse, becoming a pirate that you've always hunted? or a revolutionary that has always been in war with you? On the other hand the connection has been made with the Strawhats for a while now.

The cool thing about One Piece is not only the action, but the unraveling of the story. The Strawhat crew will eventually learn what happened in the void century, which might cause a bigger attempt to overthrow the government. Why is it so impossible to think that all of that will get to Aokiji at some point through the Strawhats.

I am liking the discussion and maybe there is something that I am missing that really makes it impossible, and the fact that people don't go beyond the first sentence in my postings. This is only a theory, right? I thought I share it because I think is pretty sound. Up to now the people that say that the theory is idiotic don't give valid counterarguments. I also think that boney will play an important role, but she has a crew and is not that strong.

The strength argument depends on time and nobody knows when the next addition is coming, ideals might be shared if marines start employing radical methods, he is the Logia that the crew is missing, he is anti-pirate like 50% of the crew was, and anyways who the hell knows I think it fits.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Geez's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Reasons why Aokiji will be the next strawhat!

Ok so first off all, you need to to do something about your post. It is extremely painful to read.
    Seriously

Quote Quote:
    and yes it was to be expected that one of the legendary weapons to be Uranus xD
    It's funny 'cause i don't recall anyone to give that name a year ago...

Quote Quote:
    I freaking love Oda Sensei, too many things left to speculation; what's so important for Jimbei that he can't join right away?, where the ancient weapons created?, what's up with D?, what's up with Joyboy?, what's on Raftel; info, money, both?, what's the purpose of Noah?, will the strawhats join the revolutionaries in an attempt to overthrow the government, once they learn phoneglyph info? why is it relevant that Luffy can understand sea kings?, who are the two new admirals?, the new members of the Shishibukai?, what's "the new power" that the marines acquired after Akainu became fleet admiral?, what's up with the marine elders?, how in the name of god the lost civilization got whipped out if it was so powerful?, is Luffy going to destroy the island?, was the New Fishman Pirates just a warm up for Big mom?, and I am pretty sure I am missing lots more (I really am an Obahan with an existential problem).
    This has nothing to do here, i read it but it's not related to Aokiji joining SH :/ I'll only answer the question about luffy, it's relevant because it means that he's the one that the world is waiting for. Like a Messiah, and especially the one who will make the promise that JoyBoy made come true.

Now i'll admit your theory has its advantages. The guy is honorable, had been "good" with the SH, he is doubting the methods of the Marines and SH crew misses a logia. But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when luffy decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)

If I follow your arguments, Aokiji could also part with another pirate, X Drake. He was a former Rear Admiral after all. Or maybe his lust of justice could make him join ex-CP9 agents or even create his own independent organization that follows his "true" justice.
    ...I always pictured him as a loner, so all these theories seem kinda weird for me.

I'll agree at some point though, at the final war when everything will be explained, i can totally see him helping Luffy but like an ally, not an underling.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow that's a pretty long post , i think it took you a while to write it lol
    Now about your prediction , i think it would be interesting if Aokiji could join 'cause from all the Navy's members i always had a weakness so to say for Aokiji He's a likeable character IMO with a strong sense for justice and from what we saw he definitely has some sort of consideration towards Luffy but that doesn't mean he could ever become an underling of Luffy ...
    He's a man with lots of experience and even if he has some consideration towards Luffy i'm sure his sense of justice is too big for him to become a pirate .....in the most happy of cases he could become an ally and help Luffy from the shadows without reveling his identity (this could happen 'cause he already helped Robin )

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member frontaLobotomy's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kuzan is more likely to become a member of the Revolutionary Army than a member of the Strawhat Pirates. He really would tip the scales in terms of power, as Admirals seem fairly comfortable taking on the entire crew of a Yonkou, if Akainu is anything to go by.

I'm guessing Blackbeard will be after his ability either way, so he might be in trouble.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post
    But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when luffy decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)
    What, isn't it obvious? He will be a "refrigerator": Luffy will kill a gigantic sea monster, unable to fit it all in their fridge he will consider giving up being a PK so he can eat it all day... then out of nowhere Aokiji appears saying that he will do anything if they fix his bike. From that day on he will stay on their ship chilling, making sure that a gigantic iceberg of meat that Sunny now pulls doesn't thaw and riding his bike in circles on the deck xD

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Would a mod be so nice and merge it with the thread above, the one that deals with Next Nakama candidate, please.

Just as Geez has already explained in more detail, why would Luffy ask him to join his crew, which appeal would bring him to do so?? He's likely one of the most experienced characters, has dealt with people of his level, end-game characters, there's probably no dream that he could achieve by partaking in the big journey to the One Piece. Aokiji is/was one of the freest people with his powers, which was already displayed in the past.

Him being alone or create an alliance with the Revolutionary Army or other opposing factions would more sense, I see no need for him to appear in the main plot till the ending Imo.

And welcome to the [writing] forum.
    Last edited by Schabrak; December 19, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member UnknownMugiwara's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it ruin him as a charater is he became a pirate?
    One of the reasons he is so cool is that he brings justice to the world the way we want it, by being more fair.
    And I'm not saying letting the SH go was smart (for lets face it, that wasn't a smart move), but not being all cruel and melting everyong in your way O:

Quote Originally Posted by Geez View Post
    Now i'll admit your theory has its advantages. The guy is honorable, had been "good" with the SH, he is doubting the methods of the Marines and SH crew misses a logia. But even so, what would be his role on the ship? I mean, when Oda decides to take a new crewmate, there's always a condition like "shipwright" or "navigator". (Cyclist is not one of them lol)
    Fixed it Luffy chooses people he likes or think is cool. He didn't know Chopper was a doctor or that Usopp was a sniper when they joined.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

No he won't join.
    Too strong, too uber, no possibility for him to grow stronger unlike the other SH's.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a better chance that he'll join the Revolutionary Army. I agree with the point that he's already a top tier, and there's not much room for him to grow since he'd probably stomp just about every enemy.

Not to mention that they just got Jinbei, despite the delay he's going to have, and chances are they'll be getting Hancock at some point too.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't quite see this. Aokiji is someone who cares for justice even if just a lazy one. Such a thing is not something which he could genuinely accomplish by joining the strawhats on a selfish quest for one piece and whatever other little dream the other kids in the crew follow. I don't quite see him following after luffy or the monster trio either, it really does not fit his character to merely follow a crew of pirates. Aokiji is a character that to me makes sense only if he follows a greater purpose in the manga, not just following a bunch of kids. I would argue aokiji opposed akainu because akainu is a extrema man that turns selfless justice into reckless vengeance. Even when following what appeared to be a moderate man like sengoku the marines where more than willing to kill as many civilians as "necessary" for "justice". With akainu this excesses are bound to have increased considerably to say the least (I take it this is what jinbe meant by a stronger army of justice, increased power of what marines were allowed to do). I would argue aokiji as a whole would make far more sense as a member of the revolutionaries rather than as a member of some pirate crew in the end. He would be able to put an end to the extremes which the world government goes to (which he clearly seems to disagree with considering the ohara events) and fight for genuine justice and truth which the world government does not quite seem to follow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Instead of merging this thread with thd next nakama thread, it is better to change the title to "The Future of Aokiji".
    I think the revolutionary army fits Aokiji better, since Dragon and their companions also seeks a kind of justice...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Future of Aokiji

Done. Any predictions about Aokiji, his future, and possible employers is on topic.

Aokiji joining the Revolutionary Army sounds reasonable and would be an interesting plot twist. Other than the Revolutionaries I can only really imahine him being his own man, not joining any crew or organization, mostly sleeping a lot. There is no question he has a role, and is a friend of the Strawhats, but as with most everyone I doubt he would ever join the crew. I'm curious if he holds any grudge against the Marine or World Government though. It sounded as though he lost a fair, honorable fight and left gracefully.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have my doubts if it was a fair honorable fight. The rule "dead man tell no tales" is suspicious, I wouldn't be surprised that if Oda show us the fight we learn Akainu used a dirty trick...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think "dead men tell no tales" meant that the fight was winner take all, a fight to the death. Aokiji lived because Akainu is not quite monster enough to kill another comrade. You are right though, there is nothing to indicate the fight was fair or honorable. All we know is that Aokiji hates Akainu and is no ally of the marines. What he thinks about the Marie and World Government as institutions are another story, I am not sure he has turned against them so much as he is an enemy of one high ranking man. That is why I do not think he will become a Revolutionary, he would have to support the complete destruction of the World Government and Marine in order to join their cause. He may aid them later on, if he thinks that they can defeat certain unjust individuals within the government, be it Akainu or the Gorosei, without destroying the entire system.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu just doesn't seem like the type to spare Aokiji, we saw him kill other Marines with no hesitation at Marineford.

My crazy theory:
    Aokiji actually won the duel and spared Akainu, but decided to leave the Marines after coming to some sort of revelation about how blood thirsty the marines had become, or he was tired of being a pawn for the WG, and the WG covered the truth up to boost confidence in the new Fleet Admiral.

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast