Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Future of Aokiji

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Future of Aokiji

You don't just fight ten days to near death for the top position of the Marines, just to let go of it to let that happen what you tried to hinder with all your might. That wouldn't make no sense Imo.
    Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he may be with Lucci and the other former CP9 agents. I can't say why actually, but to me it would make sense. Even if he can't do anything for this generation, he could be helpful to have influence on the understanding of justice for the next generation...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member daman246's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji cannot join the strawhats for many reasons 1st he is way to strong. if he joins the meaning behinds strawhats becomes nothing since everyone will fear Aokiji. Aokiji needs to join someone that has a powerfull leader which is Dragon

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji will be an alliance at some stage, not a nakama though... anyways, sticking to the new topic of this thread...

I feel Aokiji will form an alliance with some former govt/marine guys with a strong sense of justice. Cp9 is possible, but their sense of justice wasnt very different from Akainu's.

I think BB will fight aokiji at some point, looking for his df ability
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

He is going to garp for sure.. garp is his ideal ,,, and will help him to train others..

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be a very interesting team. Garp and Aokiji traveling the new world together. No matter what really happened between he and Akainu there is no doubt that Aokiji will have a role to play later. Garp will too, and it would be very interesting if they were together.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Personnaly, when I red the chapter, and find out about the fight between Akainu and Aokiji, I immediately considered it a made up story. I believe that after the war with Whitebeard, the WG decided that the result of that war gave them a great opportunity.
    The result of the war were:
    - one yonkou gone
    - Blackbeard making is move to take the title
    - the remnant of the Whitebeard pirates struggling in the new world
    - and by luck 7 supernova entering it as well (7 supernova were consider enough to affect the new world).
    When you put all this together, it's clear that the pirates in the NW will be to busy to trouble the WG much.

So the WG decided to turn their attention to their other problem: the Revolutionnary army. And to deal with it, they came up with a plan to infiltrate it with someone strong enough to actually hurt it. From there came the plan, that Aokiji sense of justice will make him much more believable as revolutionary than the other admirals, so they created a situation, where it looks like he really dislike the direction the WG is going, and is ready to fight to oppose it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that during the two year time skip, Aokiji was witnessed preventing/stopping some questionable act of the government, just to make is story more believable once he joins the revolutionary army.
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I think "dead men tell no tales" meant that the fight was winner take all, a fight to the death. Aokiji lived because Akainu is not quite monster enough to kill another comrade. You are right though, there is nothing to indicate the fight was fair or honorable. All we know is that Aokiji hates Akainu and is no ally of the marines. What he thinks about the Marie and World Government as institutions are another story, I am not sure he has turned against them so much as he is an enemy of one high ranking man. That is why I do not think he will become a Revolutionary, he would have to support the complete destruction of the World Government and Marine in order to join their cause. He may aid them later on, if he thinks that they can defeat certain unjust individuals within the government, be it Akainu or the Gorosei, without destroying the entire system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    That would be a very interesting team. Garp and Aokiji traveling the new world together. No matter what really happened between he and Akainu there is no doubt that Aokiji will have a role to play later. Garp will too, and it would be very interesting if they were together.
    I have said this way back, Aokiji was nominated for the position because Garp and Sengoku knew that WG was downright corrupt and they weren't blind about it. Not only that, they also knew that Blackbeard must be defeated for the sake of the entire world. To do that, they would need to form an alliance with the pirates (and perhaps RA). And the only person who's willing to compromise for that situation would be Aokiji. Aokiji also serves as a buffer to prevent the WG from over-abusing their authorities. That's what Garp and Sengoku was aiming for.

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post
    Personnaly, when I red the chapter, and find out about the fight between Akainu and Aokiji, I immediately considered it a made up story. I believe that after the war with Whitebeard, the WG decided that the result of that war gave them a great opportunity.
    The result of the war were:
    - one yonkou gone
    - Blackbeard making is move to take the title
    - the remnant of the Whitebeard pirates struggling in the new world
    - and by luck 7 supernova entering it as well (7 supernova were consider enough to affect the new world).
    When you put all this together, it's clear that the pirates in the NW will be to busy to trouble the WG much.

So the WG decided to turn their attention to their other problem: the Revolutionnary army. And to deal with it, they came up with a plan to infiltrate it with someone strong enough to actually hurt it. From there came the plan, that Aokiji sense of justice will make him much more believable as revolutionary than the other admirals, so they created a situation, where it looks like he really dislike the direction the WG is going, and is ready to fight to oppose it. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that during the two year time skip, Aokiji was witnessed preventing/stopping some questionable act of the government, just to make is story more believable once he joins the revolutionary army.
    I'm not sure we can consider the narrator unreliable at this point, until we know the source of the news. Jinbe is to honest to repeat something he belived to be lies. For all we know Aokiji himself spread word of the battle. Even if Akainu released an embellished story I expect certain facts to be true: there was a battle, Aokiji lost but survived, and is no longer a marine. Akainu may have won via devious means, he may have intended to take Aokiji's life yet failed, but the results will be as Jinbe reported. The bigger question is what role will Aokiji play, now that he is no longer a marine. There are now three very, very powerful former marines wandering about: Aokiji, Garp, and Sengoku. All three have a role to play, and one can assume that even if they do not ally themselves with pirates or the revolutionaries, they will be antagonistic towards the marine.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Shojin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Something tells me that he'll end up with the revolutionary army.
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here (UPDATE 3/8/14)
    ****THE SHIZURU KUWABARA: REIKIBUKI STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here (UPDATE 05/23/12)
    My Shadow Blossom fanfic

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Giotto10's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anybody see aokiji becoming one of the strawhats?

well i have been dying to ask this question so i made an account. so do you guys think he might join i mean he is not in with the WG anymore so he has no ties with them. i know that some of you will say that if he joins the strawhats they will be way to powerful and specially after luffy asked jimbe to join but i think that doesn't matter since the opponents they are going to face will be a lot stronger too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anybody see aokiji becoming one of the strawhats?

ok. first, calm down, breath deeply.

if he's convinced that government is corrupted and evil he should join the revolution. why would he bother with piracy after his long life as an admiral. i don't think he'd be a pirate just to see the other side.

and i dont agree that their opponents will be a lot stronger than aokiji. at best 3-4 people will be slightly stronger than aokiji imo.
    Last edited by Oni Giri; January 29, 2012 at 03:12 PM.
    "A crew whose captain lost his dignity will surely collapse" - Roronoa Zoro

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

No. I don't think he'll join the Strawhats as member. As assist somewhere, maybe. But for now, there might be another possible affiliation within the world government like the Cipher Pol units.

As Jinbe said, no one knows what happened to him nor where he went. And he has always stood for relaxed justice. The Strawhat Pirates just want to fulfill their dreams - and I don't see how Kuzan would fit into this.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i personally see Aokiji joining the RA before joinin the strawhats. The revolutionaries work is to destroy the evil of marines basically. So i could see him joining the RA in order to take out the evil influences.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner FriedRice's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Knowing How Aokiji likes to sleep and relax, he's probably out there somewhere on some random island taking a nap! But yes, him joining the Rebel army is more likely than him joining the straw hats

New Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast