Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Future of Aokiji

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Future of Aokiji

So I was thinking about the current arc and I was thinking about Aokiji. I'm not 100% sure he's gonna be in this arc, or even if I want him to be in this arc, but for the sake of argument I'd like to say some reasons why he would be here:

1. This is the last place he was seen that we have been informed about. I know many of you hate this, but if Aokiji lived in the real world, and he was convicted of murder, this would be super duper important. Let's hope that little detail is at least duper important to the rest of us. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in some sort of suspended animation at the beginning of the arc, healing from his battle.

2. Does anybody know what natural enemy of any kind of gas, or any ranked official is? The answer to the gas question is temperature. Although other things like pressure can affect gases, any gas that falls to a certain temperature will turn into a liquid or solid. Although I know some of you may find my views excessively realistic, you may note that in real life you couldn't get some gases cold enough to freeze, so the only option is that you were in a manga where if you had the ability to freeze, you could freeze the gases as much as you needed. Second a ranked official should always fear his superior. Aokiji is just that in relation to Vergo. Although I may not agree that he should fight either of these individuals (I think it'd be much better to get Luffy, Law, Smoker, and Zoro involved) he obviously possesses the kryptonite to defeat them from a tactical point of view.

3. Where else would Aokiji be? From what we know, although I admit that's not much, there's not much that Aokiji needs to do right now and Luffy and company need to be saved as we speak. Due to the seastone, they must be saved from someone outside of their cage. Their known options are Zoro's group, Chopper, the children, and an outside source. My reasoning is that Zoro's group should not be able to handle Vergo's group, just because of the total team match up. Further I believe Monet has every reason to know where Chopper is at the present and prevent him from doing anything hasty. The children, while strong, should not be able to smash a seastone cage since it is near indestructible, but that is only my opinion. I guess if all three groups managed to do something at the same time then it would be possible, otherwise an outside source would be neccessary. Of all the outside sources, I believe Aokiji is the most reasonable.

I understand these theories might seem ridiculous to some, but though I don't expect to see Aokiji in this arc, I most certainly wouldn't be blindsided if he decided to show up.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If your theory is correct, and cold is the natural enemy of Caesar's gas, explain why he is based on the ice side of Punk Hazard, rather than the fire side. Why would he have lead Smiley away from the fire side, with the intention of dispersing his Shinokuni gas on the ice side of the island? And what is Aokiji still doing on Punk Hazard? He fought and lost to Akainu on that same island two years ago. Do you mean to say that after losing, and only surviving because Akainu spared his life, that he simply sat down and stayed put for two years, only to reemerge now? Also, please be aware he is not Vergo's superior officer anymore. Aokiji is no longer in the Marine.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Page356 View Post
    3. Where else would Aokiji be?

Due to the seastone, they must be saved from someone outside of their cage.

Further I believe Monet has every reason to know where Chopper is at the present and prevent him from doing anything hasty. The children, while strong, should not be able to smash a seastone cage since it is near indestructible, but that is only my opinion.
    Appearing in One Piece Z.

There is the person throwing paper at Chopper and Law said that they will start a counter-attack next time.

Does she really? Did she know where Zoro and Co where? Only a ranged attack could open the cage or someone within the cage, like Franky.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    If your theory is correct, and cold is the natural enemy of Caesar's gas, explain why he is based on the ice side of Punk Hazard, rather than the fire side. Why would he have lead Smiley away from the fire side, with the intention of dispersing his Shinokuni gas on the ice side of the island? And what is Aokiji still doing on Punk Hazard? He fought and lost to Akainu on that same island two years ago. Do you mean to say that after losing, and only surviving because Akainu spared his life, that he simply sat down and stayed put for two years, only to reemerge now? Also, please be aware he is not Vergo's superior officer anymore. Aokiji is no longer in the Marine.
    It’s not a theory, it’s a fact. It’s based in real life, and it’s a guess as to how it would work in the One Piece universe. When gases get too cold they turn into liquids or solids, so Aokiji could theoretically turn all of the gases to a liquid or solid form. Also Smiley is supposed to explode when exposed to flame, but he was on the fire side of the island, so I’m not too worried with small details like that.

Asking why Aokiji is on the island is irrelevant, you should be asking why he wouldn’t be on the island! I just made a strong case as to why he could, so please don’t just repeat the question and instead be more detailed with your counter argument. The fact is, nobody can think of anything else he’s doing. Also Aokiji not being a part of the marines any more is also irrelevant. He was a superior officer to Vergo at some point and that’s what matters, because we all know that Aokiji is still admiral level strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Appearing in One Piece Z.

There is the person throwing paper at Chopper and Law said that they will start a counter-attack next time.

Does she really? Did she know where Zoro and Co where? Only a ranged attack could open the cage or someone within the cage, like Franky.
    One Piece Z is a movie. I don’t know if it’s a canon movie or not, I don’t care either way, because even if it is, the Straw Hats are in the movie. If the Straw Hats are in the movie can they be on Punk Hazard?

Also I agree with your second statement, but the part you are quoting from me was before that chapter was released.

As for the third statement….yes! She told CC everything about Law and Luffy teaming up. Therefore she should have seen Chopper as well, and known he was with Law. She should also know where Zoro was since he appeared on the screens with everyone else on the island. She was in the room with everyone else when the scene where Zoro’s group was is shown. Finally I don’t understand what the obsession is with ranged attacks, and I’m not just picking on you. Everyone seems to think that they are very important, but I just don’t understand why that would matter, whoever is gonna win is gonna win regardless of ranged attacks. In the case of the cage, I really, really don’t understand why a long ranged attack would work better than a close one. If the cage isn’t made of seastone, then I agree that Franky’s laser could open it, if he wasn’t wrapped up at the moment. Otherwise Law made it apparent he has a game plan and I’m not completely sold that he knows about Franky’s laser at the moment.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The point is him appearing here, while the attention to him should stay in the movie, like Borsalino's, who have no place in the current plot. They don't need the help of an admiral to rescue them, that would show that they haven't grown and that the TS was pointless, no the way around.

Huh? Because they are floating in midair, someone from outside would need to use a long ranged attack to free them. You are talking about children, that don't even have the means to get to them, if not with the air ship of CC, which they shouldn't be able to handle. If he or someone in the cage is capable of freeing them, of course a normal one would be enough. I don't really get what made you excited about my comment. Can't see me mentioning a laser anywhere in my post. Someone within the cage, as in someone not weakened by the seastone, but having a weird body with a number gadgets capable of helping them, not as Franky's laser. I don't want him being reduced to a laser spaming character.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 06, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The point is him appearing here, while the attention to him should stay in the movie, like Borsalino's, who have no place in the current plot. They don't need the help of an admiral to rescue them, that would show that they haven't grown and that the TS was pointless, no the way around.

Huh? Because they are floating in midair, someone from outside would need to use a long ranged attack to free them. You are talking about children, that don't even have the means to get to them, if not with the air ship of CC, which they shouldn't be able to handle. If he or someone in the cage is capable of freeing them, of course a normal one would be enough. I don't really get what made you excited about my comment. Can't see me mentioning a laser anywhere in my post. Someone within the cage, as in someone not weakened by the seastone, but having a weird body with a number gadgets capable of helping them, not as Franky's laser. I don't want him being reduced to a laser spaming character.
    Hey I agree they don't need him at the present, but the argument of why he wouldn't based on the movie is null. What your saying about the attention of the movie has much more to do with marketing than plot. It's called having your cake and eating it too.

I used an exclamation point because you wanted to know if Monet really knew when it's made obvious that she has every right to know. They aren't floating in midair, they are still attached to the building, so a close range attack could work from someone on that side of the wall, which happens to be the side the paper came from. I mentioned that the kids likely couldn't smash the gate, this was simply to account for them, you know, like I tried to do for everyone on the island. It's called a "what if" and I made it obvious that I thought even if they managed to get there they couldn't do much. I apologize if I mentioned a laser for you, but it is a known attack of his that could work if the chains aren't practically indestructible (which they are) and the cage isn't indestructible (unknown but likely). Regardless, Franky does have a lot of gadgets but we've both agreed Law is the one with the plan to get them out and he doesn't seem too familiar with Franky's laser gadgets. On a personal level, I find the use of gadgets appearing to be very dues ex machina. It's fine in the case of the laser because I feel his other movies were very similar, but anything else would seem kinda like an ass pull in my opinion.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it null? Shiki did not appear in the manga, because Oda decided to put him in the movie or had seen no room in the manga for him to appear at that time. Letting major characters appear in both would be lame, as he has his own portion to tell in OPZ, doing it at PH would be weird.

The cage was still moving, check these panels where we can see that the crane has moved them high over the marines, away from the base itself. Please remind me how a close-range attack is capable of hitting something over half a dozen meters[and that's a minumum if you compare sizes to the distance] away. That wouldn't be close-range anymore.

Quote Quote:
    It's fine in the case of the laser because I feel his other movies were very similar, but anything else would seem kinda like an ass pull in my opinion.
    You might want to reread W7/EL to see how bad it is, that's what Franky is about, that's what he has always been.

I'm all for "if's", if other people are allowed to comment on that ideas too.
    Last edited by Schabrak; August 07, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the issue here is that ceasar seems to have many gases under his control. While all of them could theoretically turn into a liquid it would depend on their properties and just how cold aokiji can get. Even then, the extent to which physics don't apply here leaves a decent bit up in the air to say the least. Just consider the the aokiji vs akainu situation. Hypothetically aokiji could get as cold as -273 celcious. Thats it, thats absolute cero. In turn magma seems to be in the range of 700-1300 celcius (thanks google and wikipedia). So with comparable attacks the result would be an issue of the temperature difference. In case they meet and conditions are in aokiji's favor regarding temperature then the result would be calculated by seeing the ending temperature after the energy transfer is done(in real life things would be a tad more complicated than this but I think the gist of it is accurate enough for this discussion). So we have 700 degrees and -273. The end result would be either of their elements with a temperature of 250 degrees. Too cold for lava to remain lava and too hot for ice to remain ice. In turn if we have akainu with 1300 then the end result would be both elements with around around 500 degrees. Still too hot for aokiji and too cold for akainu (this only works this particular way if energy is perfectly transfered from magma to ice/vapor which is also not necessarily the case which is even worst for akainu). Still, I would argue the end result does not favor aokiji. Even if akainu would technically be forced solid by this aokiji would still have to deal with over 500 degrees of temperature while this is a temperature which akainu should be quite comfortable in. Now, there is also the consideration that akainu is actually hotter than fire, enough to burn ace. In real life fire would actually be hotter than magma. If we trust wikipedia then a candle's fire would be at about 1000 degrees. A blowtorch, which is perhaps what would make the most sense as a comparison with ace would be at about 1300, the same as lava. Anything else would result in temperatures greater than real life magma. Now, if akainu exceeds real life magma then even assuming a complete transference of energy with comparable attacks would result in magma still being hot enough to be magma. Perhaps akainu has temperatures comparable to the earth's core in which case things are even grimmer for aokiji.

There is also the consideration of whether things work like that at all in OPverse. What if contrary to real life cold in itself is something that has substance in OPverse? If this is the case then rather than a simple transference of energy we would have heat and cold anhilating each other when in contact. There would be a limitless amount of coldness possible so to speak(in real life you simply cannot get below absolute 0).

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is it null? Shiki did not appear in the manga, because Oda decided to put him in the movie or had seen no room in the manga for him to appear at that time. Letting major characters appear in both would be lame, as he has his own portion to tell in OPZ, doing it at PH would be weird.

The cage was still moving, check these panels where we can see that the crane has moved them high over the marines, away from the base itself. Please remind me how a close-range attack is capable of hitting something over half a dozen meters[and that's a minumum if you compare sizes to the distance] away. That wouldn't be close-range anymore.

You might want to reread W7/EL to see how bad it is, that's what Franky is about, that's what he has always been.

I'm all for "if's", if other people are allowed to comment on that ideas too.
    Okay I feel like a dumbass about the floating cage thing, for some reason it didn't click with me that they were being moved, but I still don't think a long range attack is going to save them. I guess we will have to see how it plays out for further comment.

As for the movie thing....I can't agree with you at all. Shiki was never in the manga. Aokiji has been in the manga. At this point in the manga there's no reason why he can't be on PH. The best you will ever be able to say is that you don't like the idea that Aokiji could be on PH. Tell me where Oda has said in the manga or an interview where Aokiji can't appear on the island? Let me know, in the manga, where you think Aokiji could be if he's not on PH. If that's the case just say it's your opinion, don't make it sound like it's impossible.

Finally I don't understand that last sentence. I think you are trying to say that I'm not letting you comment your ideas?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Isn't it clear that everything I discuss about things unexplained is my opinion/theory. Shiki is a canon character, he was mentioned to be the only person having fled from Impel Down, way before the Strong World chapter.

There are reasons given in the discussion about how the arc will go on, how it would make sense for him to appear and the resulting plot, I don't feel like retyping those ideas, they are here in part of the latest discussion in the chapter thread.

We have Zoro's group running towards Luffy and the Marines, that could open a chance for Zoro using a slash similar to Mihawks. Don't know how he would cut without putting them in harm though. To be honest, I'm all for them being freed by someone from within, if done good.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5