Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Future of Aokiji

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Future of Aokiji

Short answer: no.

I do not see him joining the Strawhats, or any pirate crew. Not really in character. Nor would it add anything to the story. Like Hoeru I could see him aiding the Strawhats later in the story, but not becoming a permanent crew member.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anybody see aokiji becoming one of the strawhats?

Quote Originally Posted by tret16 View Post
    i personally see Aokiji joining the RA before joinin the strawhats. The revolutionaries work is to destroy the evil of marines basically. So i could see him joining the RA in order to take out the evil influences.
    Actually, the goal of the RA is to topple the World Government entirely IIRC. TBH I don't think Aokiji really wants the world to go into a state of panic.

I like the idea that he'll join Garp. Sengoku would probably be there as well.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How Aokiji feels about the World Government post-Marineford is an open question. It would be entirely within the story if he comes to the conclusion that his justice and the World Governments "justice" are quite different. I would be more surprised if were to remain an ally of the government, even in exile. When the final battle comes I fully expect that he will be on the side of the Pirate King, not the Marines and not the Government. He may never join the Revolutionary Army but at some point he will be an enemy of the Marines, not an ally in exile.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji will play an important role sooner or later... The setup made by Oda makes it impossible that he simply vanishes.
    I think a role compared to Rayleighs fits for him... fighting on his own and living his life and at some time he will come back. To be an active opponent for the WG does not suit him, he was a Marine for all his life and you dont throw your whole life away only because you dont like the new leader of the marine forces.

One aspect which disturbes me is that we dont know how Garp and Sengoku reacted, both of them are good friends/supporters of Aokiji and especially Garp has a "problem" with Akainu.

maybe they form a bountyhunter trio
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds reasonable - Aokiji wandering around the New World, snoozing on random island, making an ice bridge when he feels like moving on.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see Aokiji, Sengoku, and Garp secretly forming some type of a "organization" of "good" Marines, ones that hold the same values and beliefs as them rather then the ones that the WG has been pushing. Ultimately the Marines are the good guys and the Pirates are the bad guys, with exceptions of course. But i think in the end change will come to the WG and Marines, and once it does i can see the values and beliefs that Aokiji, Sengoku, and Garp value shining through and taking the main stage.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But wouldn't that go against those two personalities? Both spend their life serving the Marines and just because Akainu is acting it more hot blooded than before, it wont turn then to traitors Imo. It was Sengoku that gave Akainu that position after all. I don't see those two turn against the WG unless something major happens to make them doubt the goal of the organisation.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak or two posts down View Post
    The rank of admiral, not fleet admiral.
    It wasn't clear so I added my point in bolded letters. You should read all posts on the page before formulating arguments against my opinon, otherwise part of your message may become void.
    Last edited by Schabrak; January 31, 2012 at 02:27 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Regino's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    But wouldn't that go against those two personalities? Both spend their life serving the Marines and just because Akainu is acting it more hot blooded than before, it wont turn then to traitors Imo. It was Sengoku that gave Akainu that position after all. I don't see those two turn against the WG unless something major happens to make them doubt the goal of the organisation.
    It was certainly not Sengoku who gave Akainu his position. Unless you think that Sengokus retreat was the reason for Akainus new position. Sengoku stepped down from his post and suggested Aokiji as his successor. The World Government/Kong/Goursei (whatever, but not Sengoku) then promoted Akainu and after that Aokiji fought with him.

Garp wanted to kill Akainu right after he killed Ace...

I dont see them as aktive opponents, but I am sure that all three are not fighting for the Marines anymore.
    "It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."

Henry Ford

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The rank of admiral, not fleet admiral.

So he killed Ace, which was the official order from Sengoku, to kill pirates and execute Ace. That's why Garp didn't participate in the war, because he was in conflict with his feelings, but never forget that he was also the one sitting besides Ace waiting for his imminent death.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Ninja_Pirate's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

As i see .. aokiji is a very lazy guy, atleast that s how he was introduced to start with...

he is a guy who looks for an early retirement and i guess when it was told to him that sengoku has asked him to be his successor he would have been like WTF!!!!! why!!! ... thats so troublesome///

but then the story tuk a turn and kong said that akainu will be the fleet admiral, aokiji's first impression would be ... yeah.. I am saved ... but then he must have thought about that working under akainu would be a pain since have to run here and there all the time ... so aokiji decided to retire..

but then everyone must have started doing... boooooosssss .. then he thought he has to fight him and then get done with it .. and the fight kept on dragging for days... (aokiji mind---- wtf? why it is not ending.. that shithead akainu has no talent I am already giving up and still he can't manage to end the fight) .... (Akainus mind : You ass ... I know you wanna run away but i will drag this fight ) ...
    then finally aokiji frustrated and must have called for rock paper scissor .. and aokiji called for "ice" (wtf ,,, it is supposed to be a rock paper scissor) .. so akainu called for lava .. ice melted.. akainu won... and there goes aokiji.. on some island .. where he can lay down on his back looking at the sky... clouds passing by... sun rise ... sun set ... stars... life is chill (literally as for aokiji )

12. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

after akainu's defeat and rufy has become pirate king,he will be the new fleet admiral,rest assured.perhaps they will be in a good relationship (I mean the Marine of aokiji,smoker and coby to the SH,who are good people,better than a lot of marines)

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't go against their personalities because they all protested the direction that the Marines were heading towards. Some took the high road the resigned, while Aokiji fought for it. Its pretty clear that the Mariens and WG aren't one entity that share the same views and beliefs. Also Sengoku didn't give anything to Akainu. He recommend that Aokiji be the next Fleet Admiral. There is clearly a difference in views and beliefs between people like Aokiji, Garp, and Sengoku. I would not be surprised at all if those guys secretly started a movement of sorts to prevent the Marines from becoming blood thirsty pirate hunters.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect it would take much more than Akainu becoming Fleet Admiral for Garp and Aokiji to turn against the Marine. If at some point the Aokiji lead Marine over step there boundaries and become blatantly tyrannical, then we may see them turn against the Government. I do not think either would willingly become revolutionaries or pirates at this point in the story.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Page356's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aokiji doesn't seem like the type of guy to join an anti government organiztion like the revolutionaries since he spent much of his life as a marine leader, and eventually admiral. Simply by challenging Akainu he let everyone know how deeply he cares for the institution of the marines and by association the WG as well. As for joining the straw hats...I really don't know how to respond to that. It's just an opinion but I'd give that a sub-zero percent of that happening, pardon the pun. I think it'd be more likely that he teamed up with Garp and Sengoku since they pretty much all left because of the same person. As to what they are up to remains a mystery. I'd like to think they are just kind of roaming the GL and NW on their own whims, trying to keep too many innocent people from dying since Akainu took over.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, he could well be motivated to rebel before the end. Under the right circumstances. I do believe he, along with Garp and Sengoku, left the Marine for a reason. Remaining neutral is not enough of a reason for characters of there stature to resign senior military posts. I believe there will be a tipping point that will cause Aokiji to become an enemy of the Marines and World Government. But I do not believe that time has come. When it does come it will be a massive plot point, a major transgression committed by the Marines, the World Government or both.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast