Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2)

View Poll Results: Who will win the election next chapter?!

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pariston

8 17.78%
  • Leorio

18 40.00%
  • Chidol

5 11.11%
  • Mizaistom

2 4.44%
  • Something Else *plot-twist*

12 26.67%
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 330 Discussion

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hunter x Hunter Chapter 330 Discussion / 331 Prediction

It's a power with multiple faces after all and the first thing they saw was instant disintegration. It's not weird that they thought Nanika was dangerous and evil.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sea Hunter's Avatar
    Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

I just re read the chapter (i thought spoilers will come out early this week ), i have to say Illumi puts Itachi to shame http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/82786759/10 with his twisted brotherly love.
    Hisoka more badass every chapter lol decisions decisions... ♥

Btw Killua calling Alluka "it" instead of nanika is that a translation fault or did Togashi change the word?

What kind of rule would make everyone want to control Killua? maybe it's connected to the "command" he mentioned before, something like only Killua can use a command instead of wish which would grant him what he wanted wihout any sort of backlash, though it has to be restricted somehow like he can only make a command every 5 non-healing wishes or so.

What did Morau mean here http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/82786759/18 "you read the indroductions for the best 16" does that mean the hunters association has a top 20 hunters list or something?
    Also Morau saying Terradin, bushidora and others are too weak to call themselves the seiren group means the original members are monsters and it gives me hope that we might see some of them

Lastly i really hope Pariston wins the election, it'll be alot more interesting that way

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not paid attention to that. It's in fact interesting (Top 16 I mean) although I doubt there is an original Seiren alive. I do expect to see those top 20 soon, it seems like it could be interesting. Zodiacs probably belongs to them anyway.
    Too shame that those Hunters were weak, I liked them.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Popo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hunter View Post
    I just re read the chapter (i thought spoilers will come out early this week ), i have to say Illumi puts Itachi to shame http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/82786759/10 with his twisted brotherly love.
    Hisoka more badass every chapter lol decisions decisions... ♥

Btw Killua calling Alluka "it" instead of nanika is that a translation fault or did Togashi change the word?

What kind of rule would make everyone want to control Killua? maybe it's connected to the "command" he mentioned before, something like only Killua can use a command instead of wish which would grant him what he wanted wihout any sort of backlash, though it has to be restricted somehow like he can only make a command every 5 non-healing wishes or so.

What did Morau mean here http://mangastream.com/read/hunter_x_hunter/82786759/18 "you read the indroductions for the best 16" does that mean the hunters association has a top 20 hunters list or something?
    Also Morau saying Terradin, bushidora and others are too weak to call themselves the seiren group means the original members are monsters and it gives me hope that we might see some of them

Lastly i really hope Pariston wins the election, it'll be alot more interesting that way
    Bad translations. Killua uses the word "Nanika" in Japanese. Also, Morel was referring to the broadcast at the beginning of 326.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Not necessary bad translation. Nanika means "something" in Japanese but has no meaning in english. I think 'it' was a good choice of word, it has the neutrality nanika implies and is more clear than a japanese term few of us would understand. You loose the wordplay but gain in comprehension.
    Last edited by k-dom; January 10, 2012 at 04:33 AM.

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popo View Post
    Bad translations. Killua uses the word "Nanika" in Japanese. Also, Morel was referring to the broadcast at the beginning of 326.
    Ahh i see that makes sense.

@Uriel: About the original Seirin group, it wasn't mentioned that Netero belonged to it when he was at his prime, he might have formed/joined the group when he was old, remember even as an old man he was still a beast and a top tier fighter. I hope the Zodiacs arent in it, they were already mentioned as Netero's sparring partners so i'm thinking it's a different group.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the nanika bit was already explained and if that was not enough a footnote could have helped. I disliked the "it" part too lol.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Killa: " Go ahead and refer to it as a tool again, but you will cease to be my brother."

kinda contradict urself when u call her it..
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett

Country
    Jordan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hokageji View Post
    Killa: " Go ahead and refer to it as a tool again, but you will cease to be my brother."

kinda contradict urself when u call her it..
    No contradiction here. Killua always called the black-eyes-Alluka Nanika or it.

eh i forgot to ask, when Morau said he's a C hunter did he actually say sea hunter but translators typed it like that since it's the same pronunciation? or did Togashi just introduce new ranks for hunters other than stars? /confused

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    I did not paid attention to that. It's in fact interesting (Top 16 I mean) although I doubt there is an original Seiren alive. I do expect to see those top 20 soon, it seems like it could be interesting. Zodiacs probably belongs to them anyway.
    Too shame that those Hunters were weak, I liked them.
    Maybe they aren't weak, it is just Hisoka is too strong
    CLEANED

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...so, I'm new here, but I've been following the manga forever heh

Well, about Alluka...I don't think Killua gave "Nanika/It" a command, cause when Tsubone completed the 3 pesterings she said to Killua to speak his wish (it doesn't seem like Alluka grants wishes to the person who completed the pesterings, but to anyone who wished in front of It when it's eyes turn black). Tsubone doens't know about the "commands" so we can easily assume it was actually a "wish". Besides, Killua was about to give an order to Nanika before Tsubone appeared so we can easily say that "commands" don't have pesterings.
    Also, we should remember that Killua, when escaping with Alluka, made a wish to kill his mother if they didn't leave the mountain after 30 minutes, but he never said "wish", but still, it was a wish.

I think that Illumi, after Alluka's pesterings have been completed, didn't wish simply because he's scared about killing his own family if he wishes wrong, so he chose to let Killua wish, and if he ended up dead, he'd be glad to live as a memory inside Killua's mind.

We should remember that, if the secret rule about Killua is something in the lines of "the one I love the most will have anything granted if he orders me so" Illumi will plant needles on Killua's brain to control him (let's not forget that he is a manipulation nen user) and so, control Alluka's power. About taking out the needle....don't forget it took him a lot to do that, so I wouldn't expect him to do it every time, he was driven by his emotions the first time.

Well, let's see what happens next, because...it's been a while and I wanna know what's going to happen with the chairman's election

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Federicoxxx's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Short prediction:

I think , <-- (Comma) Pariston is planning something really big. <--(Period)

Edited for "LoS"
    Last edited by Federicoxxx; January 11, 2012 at 06:37 AM.
    Itachi and Nagato..
    F.A.D
    (Friends After Death)

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elitefox View Post
    Maybe they aren't weak, it is just Hisoka is too strong
    lol, probably. If Hisoka doesn't win the best villain I will be mad. He maybe lacks of background, but He still is the Chuck Norris of HxH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Federicoxxx View Post
    Short prediction:
    I think , <-- (Comma) Pariston is planning something really big. <--(Period)
    Edited for "LoS"
    The comma there is unneeded. And please, don't fight over grammar. Both of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    Ok...so, I'm new here, but I've been following the manga forever heh
    Welcome! It's nice to see Argentinians here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zvane View Post
    Well, about Alluka...I don't think Killua gave "Nanika/It" a command, cause when Tsubone completed the 3 pesterings she said to Killua to speak his wish (it doesn't seem like Alluka grants wishes to the person who completed the pesterings, but to anyone who wished in front of It when it's eyes turn black). Tsubone doens't know about the "commands" so we can easily assume it was actually a "wish". Besides, Killua was about to give an order to Nanika before Tsubone appeared so we can easily say that "commands" don't have pesterings.
    Also, we should remember that Killua, when escaping with Alluka, made a wish to kill his mother if they didn't leave the mountain after 30 minutes, but he never said "wish", but still, it was a wish.
    That's quite plausible, actually. Thing is I still have my doubts, because if that's the case Illumi would know about it and take advantage of the situation. So you think the "command" is still available?
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post

Welcome! It's nice to see Argentinians here.
    Thanks, I can say the same thing to you hehe

Quote Quote:
    That's quite plausible, actually. Thing is I still have my doubts, because if that's the case Illumi would know about it and take advantage of the situation. So you think the "command" is still available?
    Yes, I think evidence so far shows that the "command" is still available, Killua was about to give the command to Nanika just before Tsubone appeared. It was made vaery clear by Milluki at the beginning of the arc, that the Zoldicks only know 5 rules about Alluka's abilities, and they recently learned a 6th one about using It for healing.

I don't think Illumi would dare using Alluka's power, because it frightens him, to the point that he's willing to kill his own brother in order to protect his family (twisted but nice huh?), plus, it was way better for him trying to make Killua kill him (as he stated, he would live forever inside Killua's heart)

New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5