Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Supernovae Timeskip Poster

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Supernovae Timeskip Poster

Quote Originally Posted by beck26 View Post
    theories...

1. from the looks of bonney, she escaped from akainu...and she is hiding, i could also guess her crew is evaporated by akainu (no one in the crew was mentioned anyway, so theyre prolly just random guys)..so she's alone now trying to cool things down..not much is changed from her appearance (but why does she look happy? she seems irritated most of the time pre time skip...nah, maybe its no big deal)

2. contrary to what others assume...i dont think kidd got his arm cut off and now using a mechanical arm...a cut-off arm is the main identity of shanks...oda wont give it to any other else....but his scars might be from either big mam incident or his fight with killer? (ill explain later)

3. drake really does look like kong...i mean, the hair...and im guessing he and kidd surpassed every other supernovas in terms of bounties.

4. uruoge got the niku-niku no mi? (meat meat fruit)...which like bartholomew kuma got a code of *2,9*..numbers missing in the strawhat crew...i dont think he will be a strawhat, but im just bringing up this point.

5. i just dont like apoo's character... :/ pre and post time skip...

6. lastly, look at killer's jolly roger in his chest...its not kidd's jolly roger isnt it? i think killer parted ways with kidd to form his own crew...plus he got burn scars in his body (might be from a fight with kidd)....this would also explain why zoro is not in the poster.

these 10 shown are all captains IMO

1.) I could imagine an arc or at least a scenario where Bonney will need the help pf the Strawhats to escape her pursuers which would be quite ironic because she was the one who titled a pirate who helps others weird. So my guess is that she still is a prisoner and we will see her escape in the story.

2.) I actually would like it if he had an iron arm now, would just make him more badass than he already is.

3.) I hope Drake doesn´t have anything to do with Kong, would be unnecessary in my eyes.

4.) If you´re referring to his ability he displayed on SA, i would say that he doesn´t have a devil fruit but he used Seimei Kikan, similar to Rob Lucci and Kumadori in Enies Lobby.

5.) Apoo and Bege are the only Supernova i don´t like, i hope they won´t play a huge role in the future.

6.) It would be a disappointment to me if Killer really left the Kidd Pirates because he seemed to have a really good relationship with Kidd. In fact, the whole crew seemed more like comrades with a leader (Kidd) than a superior and his underlings.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoNamikaze View Post
    1.) I could imagine an arc or at least a scenario where Bonney will need the help pf the Strawhats to escape her pursuers which would be quite ironic because she was the one who titled a pirate who helps others weird. So my guess is that she still is a prisoner and we will see her escape in the story.

2.) I actually would like it if he had an iron arm now, would just make him more badass than he already is.

3.) I hope Drake doesn´t have anything to do with Kong, would be unnecessary in my eyes.

4.) If you´re referring to his ability he displayed on SA, i would say that he doesn´t have a devil fruit but he used Seimei Kikan, similar to Rob Lucci and Kumadori in Enies Lobby.

5.) Apoo and Bege are the only Supernova i don´t like, i hope they won´t play a huge role in the future.

6.) It would be a disappointment to me if Killer really left the Kidd Pirates because he seemed to have a really good relationship with Kidd. In fact, the whole crew seemed more like comrades with a leader (Kidd) than a superior and his underlings.

i agree. there would be definitely be an arc where strawhats would encounter bonney. i mean, every character that is important to WG (franky, robin, shirahoshi) seems to saved by the strawhats. i see something like this on bonney arc.

*** the strawhats clashed with big mam (which had the tamatebako box)
    *** some strawhats would accidentally consume the tamatebako pills and would grow really old.
    *** now being informed that bonney can alter age, the rest of the strawhats set out to find bonney.

with this, you could be right....maybe bonney is imprisoned in a marine base around new world and the strawhats would infiltrate it impel down style (magellan was stationed there?) or maybe really is hiding and strawhats needs to beg her to cure the old strawhats.

*** as for bonney's importance to WG, i think she is a very wanted woman....i could see something like she is the one keeping the gorosei stay on the same age (i predict the gorosei are around as early as the void century , as well as bonney and theyre forcing bonney to prevent them from going too old)

coz i remember when robin was like 7 years old at ohara....the gorosei looks exactly the same 20 years after.
    Last edited by beck26; April 04, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Because Zoro is missing on the posters.
    I think zoro and the other Shs' bounties were erased after the war,since the WG really thought that rufy was the only one who had survived. that may explain the things,as shichibukai's bounties are "frozen" when they join the title,so SHs' bounties came back after they left sabaody to Fishmen island.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kokuryuu's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoNamikaze View Post

Actually, it was confirmed in Blue Deep, the las OP databook. Check it here:http://img45.imagehaven.net/img.php?...J_P3080067.JPG

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

When I look at the poster, I wonder which Yonkou crew they've joined, if they have joined one. What I imagine:

- X drake after being defeated by someone working for Kaidou, realize he was to weak and couldn't survive on his own. So he ended up joining the Red-Hair pirates. He even change to the appropriate hair-cut.
    - Basil Hawkins, the magician using his cards to read fate seems a good fit for the Blackbeard pirates who're also strong believer in fate.
    - Kid I imagine him deciding to form is own yonkou type fleet, with him at the head and killer becoming is first division commander, with his own ship and crew.
    - Capone Bege with is mafia type/presentation might have joined Big Mam, since her way to protect her islands, remind also of a mafia type of protection were you pay for your protection and will suffer greatly if your late on your payment. So he probably leaves in confort on one island is "guarding" on her behalf.
    - Urouge and
    - Scratchmen Apoo, I can't really decide, one would have to end up with Kaido, and the other probably having been beaten and mostly hiding on some mostly deserted island.

Do you think the supernova joined a yonkou crew, and if yes which one?
    My One Piece Predictions

Spoiler show

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post
    When I look at the poster, I wonder which Yonkou crew they've joined, if they have joined one. What I imagine:

- X drake after being defeated by someone working for Kaidou, realize he was to weak and couldn't survive on his own. So he ended up joining the Red-Hair pirates. He even change to the appropriate hair-cut.
    - Basil Hawkins, the magician using his cards to read fate seems a good fit for the Blackbeard pirates who're also strong believer in fate.
    - Kid I imagine him deciding to form is own yonkou type fleet, with him at the head and killer becoming is first division commander, with his own ship and crew.
    - Capone Bege with is mafia type/presentation might have joined Big Mam, since her way to protect her islands, remind also of a mafia type of protection were you pay for your protection and will suffer greatly if your late on your payment. So he probably leaves in confort on one island is "guarding" on her behalf.
    - Urouge and
    - Scratchmen Apoo, I can't really decide, one would have to end up with Kaido, and the other probably having been beaten and mostly hiding on some mostly deserted island.

no disrespect bro. but i dont think anyone would join a yonkou in all of supernovas.

if i could give a supernova-yonkou conection though, i would say jewelrey bonney is somehow related to big mam (her mom? sister of lola....charlotte linlin, charlotte lola and charlotte bonney?)

and bonney might be a whitebeard pirate before she formed a crew in my own theory.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rosco12 View Post

- Urouge and

I liked your hypothesis but actually I doubt they joined an emperor's crew,yet it may be that at least one of them did that.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

I also believe that any of the supernova joined actually ANY Yonkou. In most cases, I think they came to disrupt that.
    Capone probably transformed that black maze in his homebase, Apoo probably learned how to SkyWalk and Bonney probable escaped already.

I've faith that each of them have a big role to play at some point in this story.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

but the fact that apoo wasn't mentioned is a very important hint. I wonder whether he joined the shichibukai as well (although i doubt that) or whether he did something else,sucha s being defeated or joined the wg somehow.

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

The fact that he was drawn still means something. Not being mentioned is not something actually to consider since Brownbeard is not the best sources on the manga that we have. And the fact that He mention each of them as the worst generation means that each one had done something bad or the epithet would be other.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

uhm,bonney was drawn too,but in the new databook her bounty hasn't grown,it isn't even mentioned. for bonney,the only option I'd allow to let her still around (notwithstanding akainu captured her) is that the revolutionaries freed her (in the picture,she is wearing the revolutary hood...)

Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a reason to no being mention: To be kept in secret until something is revealed.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

Full-ACK. Oda didn't reveal Ace's bounty in the data book, either, although he thought about. So he made it being revealed on Ace's wanted poster in the "One Piece Ten" exhibit as attraction.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2