Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Webtoon] Trace by NastyCat

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Trace by NastyCat

The story set in the contemporary South Korea. Some 30 years ago, unidentified creatures appeared out of nowhere and have attacked people. They have caused massive destruction wherever they go. The monsters are called "Trouble", and get the world have fallen into chaos. Along with the first appearance of the "Troubles", some number of humans were born with or acquired supernatural abilities. These mutants called "Trace" are the only ones who can fight off the "Trouble". The "Trace" are also considered freaks and generally shunned by the community because some of them misused the powers for their own interest.

The plot revolves around two main characters. Sah Gang-kwon, a high school student born as a "Trace" who attempts to hide his ability. The other is Kim Yun-Seong, who acquired his "Trace" abilities during his early 30s. Soon after the acquision, his wife and daughter were taken away from him for experimental purposes.

P.S. this was originally a webcomic that was then published.

The series first season ended.
    The author stated that he will start season 2 some time in the near future.[baka update]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trace by NastyCat

I was a cool series, but the end was kind of 'meh'.... The author is working in something else right? I don't know if we can expect the second season soon.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

ENDING WAS NOT MEH IT WAS PATHETIC. I opened the thread following the 30 chaps i finished and was like WOW. by the time i reached the lasp parts i was like What the hell !!

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Hahaha! glad I didn't ruined it for you! That kid seemed badass but the author destroyed what could be a great character..... It had potential really! The start showed the relationship between humans and trace, then Mr Beggar part was like Ocean's eleven and conspiracy theorys... BUT the end was pretty bad. I don't look foward a part 2.

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Y i Liked the Beggar he was bad ass his story adn the snipers story was heart touching i was pretty much mesmerized but what followed and the Deus Ex macnina turn the author took ruined every thing
    nd hey start Witch Hunter already its awesome, bad ass shonen

Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone sugested it in the MAnhwa Hangout Thread. I'm only reading finished manhwa and mangas right now! XD

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Page 3 and 4 of the Manhwa Hangout Thread Scav and I discuss our thoughts about Trace while reading it....

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sema's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

on batoto I saw a new edition of Trace called Trace 1.5 .

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just got done reading through the first series and what exists of Trance 1.5.

I'm definitely a fan.

Though I have to agree with the sentiment that the ending for the first part was bad. The beggar story and sniper stories were so good and then all the "God stuff" happened and the whole story sorta went sideways. I also felt like the initial first protagonist Sah Gang-kwon, the "kid with the ice powers", was far too weak a character and ended up just getting completely swept aside by more interesting characters like the begger and the sniper. So I don't feel like he ever justified his screen time very well.

Trance 1.5 is...interesting. The main character so far is a guy obsessed with achieving communication with Troubles. Can't say I'm a huge fan of his though because, frankly, his power totally grosses me out. He essentially secrets narcotics so there is a lot of sweat and drool imagery; and that is just not my thing apparently.

Still it's worth reading if only for seeing the sniper again; and how he has turned into his girlfriend's slave.
    Last edited by Jammin; July 24, 2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I feel the same, I was really enthrilled by the firsts stories, I even like how they intertwined each others then comes the final day. It's was kinda weird since the author really seems to have planned that since the beginning and yet it makes the story quite weaker than it could have been.

I may take a look at the author story about the disable couple, the topic picked my interest
    Last edited by k-dom; March 12, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this manhwa is brilliant

And i didn't think the ending was pathetic . It's not strange to have a mysterious ending and the author explained that we'll get to understand the ending in this 2nd part

Now about the 2nd part , i have to say that i'm liking it I love Hun , he's so cute and funny and i love how he's trying so hard to communicate with Sarang I'm waiting with anticipation the next chapter . It's a shame not many know this story yet . Go Trace I'm a fan of this already
    Last edited by matzik1212; April 10, 2012 at 06:53 AM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

started 1.5

i have mixed opinion concerning it, i would have loved to see the Beggar gang in the spot light.
    Though in a sense they are but the main seems to be that NSI D&D addict. Finished chap 9 so far

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler: gang beggar show

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually like this 2nd part of Trace . And the new character that is put in the spotlight, i also like him . He's really funny and don't know but he won me over from the very start

This manhwa deserves to be more popular IMO

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the end of part 1 was hated by many that may explain why it is not very active. I must said, even if it's fine for now, I'm afraid how things will go to reconnect with this part of the plot.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

hmm the end of the part 1 really made me mad. So i didnt bother checking 1.5 for some time.
    1.5 is good no doubt abt it, but the prob is the series is like you know its decent but not the best around thus the Hype is less.
    in case of Noblesse and TOG most of us were blown away like we were when we started reading naruto and bleach. So both of them got big exposure
    things went to such degree that Host Samurai (one who introduced the series in MH), ErosVP, me myself and Naruto went as far as advertizing the series with ava and sigg.
    Trace is a pretty good series with mr Beggar as one of my fav char in manhwa verse but its not as epic in proportion as Noblesse and TOG
    and ofcourse comparing it with breaker is ridiculous so i didnt bother

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast