Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Liar Game Chapter 144 Discussion/145 Prediction Thread

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Liar Game Chapter 144 Discussion/145 Prediction Thread

This is the thread where you discuss the current chapter of Liar Game.

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 03, 2012 at 04:45 PM.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 143 Spoiler Thread

Merry Christmas! Chapter is out!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

There is absolutely no reason to discard cards. That just gives more money to the dealers.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game 143 Discussion / 144 Predictions

Who will end up being a traitor here? Hm, I do think that Hsrimotos group might just plan something, a smile is a not a big hint as to some evil plot to ruin the agreement with Nao. But that kind of faded in this chapter for me as to what Aslab said and how nervous he got, so the history of the masked dealers might be explored? Are we getting to some bureaucratic explanation behind the LGT? Are the dealers pawns working under fear in a regime?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 143 Discussion/144 Prediction Thread

Saeki's greed will be what betrays him. He wanted Lot A for the 4 10 potential (and the win), but if they don't discard, he will get in 3rd (with Nao in last) I fully expect him to bitch and moan about this, but he was the one being obstinate, so he deserves what he gets.

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

He is one of the least smart participants, frankly, all of the other players aside from Nao/Akiyama and Harimoto's group will surely end up being "robbed" and tricked out of their money, if they do not listen to Nao like Akagi did and like perhaps Abe will secretly? There will come a time when we will have to be rid of these other participants who really are just there to show how well the LGT can manipulate the weak and simple minded ones.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, a common aspect of the game has always been not about winning but rather walking out of the game with a profit. Winning merely allows you to continue the game however loosing implies quitting the game forever. Akiyama and nao have freed a few person using this logic while allowing people to continue in the game. In this particular regard, I wonder how exactly will this be manipulated. The game is set so that once money is given to the dealer it is almost impossible to get all of it back. More so, actually ending last actually costs A LOT of money, in this regard this game is perhaps somewhat different from the others to some extent. The most predictable outcome is that akiyama and nao will use their own winnings to "save" someone however that would invariably be expensive as whoever loses is likely to have accumulated a gargantuan lose unless somehow every player takes a turn losing and the rest at the end covers for him.

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The mock round went way too well, but then again it would be stupid to betray Nao this early. Better to convince everyone to get on board with Nao's plan, then betray her further into the game and reap the profits. That smile is too sinister, it's definitely foreshadowing a betrayal. I think we can count on Harimoto's group betraying, or at least attempting to. Abe's relationship with Nao, however, might save the situation, though she would definitely be hard pressed to choose between betraying Harimoto or Nao. Will the Akiyama/Nao team get a new ally a la Akagi?

The first person to break the trust of the entire group reaps the most profits - he gets to win his chosen hand at just 2 coins. Thereafter, everyone would be bidding higher and higher, not knowing what the others would be bidding. Like Reclaimer said, for people like Saeki, greed will be the death of them.

Yet the most interesting thing about the chapter for me was probably Alsab's outburst of cynicism and how it suggested that the history of the dealers would be delved into. Just who are these dealers and how did they get involved with the LGT office? For that matter, who are the observers?

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

I am so hoping for Aslab or any of them to turn rebel and unite with Nao! I really want such a twist to occur to break the LGT from within, provided that Aslab has useful information, though maybe even the dealers and observers are not told everything. With all this talk of how we get to know LGT better in the chapters I feel Liar Game is a headed for a more darker and more scary arc where we find out disturbing facts about LGT. I presume to hold such power and money there must be something really wicked guiding them or motivating them.

Well profit is really to test the greed of the players. I think the main motivation is to get the hell out of this hellish scenario that everyone is in without thinking that one might gain something. They should focus more on getting to live a normal life.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    The mock round went way too well, but then again it would be stupid to betray Nao this early. Better to convince everyone to get on board with Nao's plan, then betray her further into the game and reap the profits.
    The best betrayal isn't in the mock game where nothing is at stake but a little bit of money. (especially since as it stands without discarding, Harimoto's group will end in 1st and 2nd.)

The best betrayal is in the real game.

Set it up so Nao bids on the last set of cards (or a very late set), and instead of letting her take the lot for 1 coin, bid more on it and eliminate her from the start. (I'm not sure if players will be able to bid on discarded cards if they don't have any cards or haven't discarded. If they cannot, failure to get cards from the beginning results in an automatic loss)

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Liar Game Chapter 144 Discussion/145 Prediction Thread

To quote Dice from the spoiler thread the chapter is indeed out! Yes well we do see the weak Saeki trying the same old tricks repeated by the rest of the lot like him. Nao kind of wanted to be tricked? Is she playing a psychological battle with Saeki? Or is she aware of the plan that the Harimoto group has? I think she might aim to get something more than the coins and the primary trust.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever happened to the chapters? Or was that it?

Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Whatever happened to the chapters? Or was that it?
    I posted this in the Lobby, from TDX scans:

On a side note, Young Jump's taking a break this week. Next issue (with chapter 145 of Liar Game) will be out only on January 19.
    Last edited by Josef K.; January 18, 2012 at 08:17 PM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Chapter 145 is out!

The panda-bears rocking all over the world!

New Reply