Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2004

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

  1. #1486
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hhv94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Can't wait to read Naruto this week. I honestly hope it comes out early! It be nice to see it out on Tuesday!

  2. #1487
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    st.pete...tampa bay,usa
    Country
    United States
    Age
    40
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    any of you guys interested in playing a ToG themed Mafia game?

    if so...follow the link under my sig....

    Look around you carefully. Strain your eyes at the darkness around us... At the darkness around me. You said anywhere but here. This is where, here, at the border. Gathered by the winds. Those who have met their final destiny hanging between jealousy and regret. Those who failed, swept together here. You say it doesnt matter where. If you follow me, this is where you'll go. This is your eden.

  3. #1488
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    It doesn't matter that it never happened. Your initial argument was that the only reason Obito was successful with the demons was because of Nagato's plans, which were a thing before Naruto got to him. So Bringing up the fact that Nagato betrayed Obito is pointless since his intent to betray was not a thing until after Naruto became a factor for him. I'm not even sure it was a conscious intent of betrayal at that. All this while completely unaware of his ultimate purpose. Nagato was a pawn through and through. And Now you're throwing out a baseless assumption that Nagato would have "come out on top" if it came down to it. It would not have come down to it because of the fact that Nagato is easily manipulated. We know this to be fact within the Manga. "Paved his own path?" Nagato does not get points for changing his entire belief system due to the words of a 16-year-old boy. Which proves that he is easily manipulated. To try and credit him simply to discredit Obito seems like character bashing in my opinion.
    First off, when I spoke of Nagato betraying Obito, I was speaking of the fact that Nagato showed before Naruto converted him that he was planning on using the Bijuus for his own plan of peace, completely different from the plan that Obito was after. That was my argument as to why Obito deserves no credit, because he didn't force or trick Nagato into doing anything. Nagato had his own plans for the Bijuus, so there was no manipulation required to get him to go after them. And between that and the whole deal with Konan, it pretty much implies that they were planning on betraying Obito long before the events with Naruto. His conversion by Naruto was just one more straw on the pile. Secondly, it doesn't matter if he never knew what about this "ultimate purpose" if it never even came up. If anything, the fact that Obito wanted something from him and never got it shows his control over Nagato was nothing. If the idea that just planning something of someone is valid, then how is Obito the mastermind here when both he and Nagato were started by Madara?

    Thirdly, I don't see how it's baseless. Nagato literally has an instant kill in his soul absorption, not to mention all those other Rinnegan techniques. Simply landing a hand on Obito is not that hard, as pretty much every single one of his fights have shown. And fourth, I don't see how Nagato is "easily manipulated"? As mentioned, it was clearly shown he had his own reasons for gathering the Bijuus, and being converted by Naruto doesn't mean anything when nearly everyone's been on that road. Would you call Zabuza and Gaara "easily manipulated"?

  4. #1489
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    First off, when I spoke of Nagato betraying Obito, I was speaking of the fact that Nagato showed before Naruto converted him that he was planning on using the Bijuus for his own plan of peace, completely different from the plan that Obito was after. That was my argument as to why Obito deserves no credit, because he didn't force or trick Nagato into doing anything. Nagato had his own plans for the Bijuus, so there was no manipulation required to get him to go after them. And between that and the whole deal with Konan, it pretty much implies that they were planning on betraying Obito long before the events with Naruto. His conversion by Naruto was just one more straw on the pile. Secondly, it doesn't matter if he never knew what about this "ultimate purpose" if it never even came up. If anything, the fact that Obito wanted something from him and never got it shows his control over Nagato was nothing. If the idea that just planning something of someone is valid, then how is Obito the mastermind here when both he and Nagato were started by Madara?

    Thirdly, I don't see how it's baseless. Nagato literally has an instant kill in his soul absorption, not to mention all those other Rinnegan techniques. Simply landing a hand on Obito is not that hard, as pretty much every single one of his fights have shown. And fourth, I don't see how Nagato is "easily manipulated"? As mentioned, it was clearly shown he had his own reasons for gathering the Bijuus, and being converted by Naruto doesn't mean anything when nearly everyone's been on that road. Would you call Zabuza and Gaara "easily manipulated"?

    That's not a betrayal. To our knowledge Nagato had no knowledge of obito's plans with the Bijuu. For it to be betrayal he would have had to have knowledge of Obito's plans, which as far we Know, he didn't. His betrayal, as mentioned in the manga, happened when he gave his life for Naruto and the leaf. Obito is the reason that Akatsuki ended up being the way it ultimately was because Yahiko was no longer there to call B.S on him. Nagato truly believed that his plans would have come to fruition. Which they would not have, as I've already stated. The fact that he truly believed that coupled with the fact that he knew nothing of his fodder status. Is why Obito is the mastermind in regard to the two of them. I never said Madara wasn't manipulating Obito. In between Nagato and Obito however.... The reason why it does in fact matter that he knew nothing of his ultimate purpose is due to the fact that Obito kept him under the illusion that his own goals did matter, which they did not. Obito requiring something of him and not getting it just shows how easily moldable Nagato is. Given all of his experiences and hardships he let himself be swayed by a 16-year-old boy.




    You bring up his abilities like they actually matter.
    • It is heavily implied that the only reason he got as proficient with the eyes as he did was do to Obito
    • After years of preparation and precautions Konan was only able to learn the ins and outs of one technique. Obito had many more that no one knew anything about.
    • Obito was aware Nagato's physical state
    • Nagato is susceptible to genjutsu, or implied as such.
    • You speak as if they would have actually come to blows, which is an assumption. Obito had been Manipulating him for years, why would that change? Even if it did change, and he miraculously started thinking for himself instead of coat tailing off the ideals of some and being under the foot of others. How are you so sure that it would've gotten him anywhere? Obito knew crucial thing in regard to Nagato the same cannot be said in the latters case.


    I'm not sure how you can't see it. As mentioned, his own reasons for gathering the demons did not matter in the end. He believed them to, but they did not. I'm aware of what you're doing by bringing up Gaara and Zabuza. That's for a different discussion, however.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; May 08, 2013 at 04:15 PM.

  5. #1490
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    That's not a betrayal. To our knowledge Nagato had no knowledge of obito's plans with the Bijuu. For it to be betrayal he would have had to have knowledge of Obito's plans, which as far we Know, he didn't. His betrayal, as mentioned in the manga, happened when he gave his life for Naruto and the leaf. Obito is the reason that Akatsuki ended up being the way it ultimately was because Yahiko was no longer there to call B.S on him. Nagato truly believed that his plans would have come to fruition. Which they would not have, as I've already stated. The fact that he truly believed that coupled with the fact that he knew nothing of his fodder status. Is why Obito is the mastermind in regard to the two of them. I never said Madara wasn't manipulating Obito. In between Nagato and Obito however.... The reason why it does in fact matter that he knew nothing of his ultimate purpose is due to the fact that Obito kept him under the illusion that his own goals did matter, which the did not. Obito requiring something of him and not getting it just shows how easily moldable Nagato is. Given all of his experiences and hardships he let himself be swayed by a 16-year-old boy.
    Nagato knew enough, as implied by Itachi upon their revival. At the very least, Nagato would have known Obito intended the Bijuus for a different reason from his own. He wouldn't need to know the exact purpose. Still not seeing why his plan would not have come to fruition. Obito has been outsmarted and outmaneuvered by everyone he's gone up against and tried to use. There's less reason to think it wouldn't have been the same in this situation then there is to think he would have gotten one over on Nagato. The discussion began over the idea that Obito was the better manipulator, which was why I brought it up. Obito had no idea of Nagato's own goal, so it was hardly as if he fooled Nagato into believing that. Again, being swayed by Naruto doesn't mean anything given his whole role as savior.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    You bring up his abilities like they actually matter.
    • It is heavily implied that the only reason he got as proficient with the eyes as he did was do to Obito
    • After years of preparation and precautions Konan was only able to learn the ins and outs of one technique. Obito had many more that no one knew anything about.
    • Obito was aware Nagato's physical state
    • Nagato is susceptible to genjutsu, or implied as such.
    • You speak as if they would have actually come to blows, which is an assumption. Obito had been Manipulating him for years, why would that change?

    I'm not sure how you can't see it. As mentioned, his own reasons for gathering the demons did not matter in the end. He believed them to, but they did not. I'm aware of what you're doing by bringing up Gaara and Zabuza. That's for different discussion, however.
    • How was that implied when not only did the meeting with Obito happen years after his training with Jiraiya, but after he had summoned the Gedo Mazo at least twice?
    • That one technique was the only one Obito regular used and the only one that would pose a problem in fighting him.
    • Doesn't mean much, when his strongest techniques were still usable even in that state.
    • When?
    • Nagato went along with the "manipulation" because it served him too. The moment it didn't, there's no reason they wouldn't come to blows.

    By that logic, Obito's reasons for gathering them didn't matter either, and it all falls back to Madara. The point remains that taking advantage of someone having a similar goal is not manipulation (especially when in the end you fail), it's simply using them, which is not the same. In that regard, Obito is quite skillful, as he has used even someone as smart as Itachi.

  6. #1491
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    Nagato knew enough, as implied by Itachi upon their revival. At the very least, Nagato would have known Obito intended the Bijuus for a different reason from his own. He wouldn't need to know the exact purpose. Still not seeing why his plan would not have come to fruition. Obito has been outsmarted and outmaneuvered by everyone he's gone up against and tried to use. There's less reason to think it wouldn't have been the same in this situation then there is to think he would have gotten one over on Nagato. The discussion began over the idea that Obito was the better manipulator, which was why I brought it up. Obito had no idea of Nagato's own goal, so it was hardly as if he fooled Nagato into believing that. Again, being swayed by Naruto doesn't mean anything given his whole role as savior.
    He knew enough of what exactly? Because he said that they both ended up being used, that means that he had an inkling that Obito's plans were different? That sounds like an assumption in my opinion. Keep in mind, he said this after being revived. It has already been implied that Itachi, while alive, was on to Obito. He even states he knew more than Nagato. So Nagato having a chance to reflect after being revived doesn't mean much.

    And Nagato has been a tool, even in the literal sense, for others on a constant basis, Under the belief of divinity. Even before his divine mindset, his own goals stemmed from Yahiko's. He never once was his own person. Even if Obito has been out maneuvered or outsmarted as you say, how is there less of a reason to believe that it would have been different in this case when it had been exactly that for years regarding this individual? You're giving Nagato credit for what others have done at best. How would Obito not know of Nagato plans when he is the one that practically started the Organization as it was? That doesn't change facts here. The fact of the matter is Nagato, having far more experience and hardships than Naruto, let his entire belief system be changed by him. As the story progressed, we learned that Naruto's "savior" status isn't the only thing that allowed him to change Nagato. Turns out Nagato had been a tool for practically all his life. I understand why the conversation came to where it was. However, giving Nagato credit over Obito given all we know in regard to the former's character, at least in that regard just comes across as character bashing.

    Quote Quote:
    • How was that implied when not only did the meeting with Obito happen years after his training with Jiraiya, but after he had summoned the Gedo Mazo at least twice?
    • That one technique was the only one Obito regular used and the only one that would pose a problem in fighting him.
    • Doesn't mean much, when his strongest techniques were still usable even in that state.
    • When?
    • Nagato went along with the "manipulation" because it served him too. The moment it didn't, there's no reason they wouldn't come to blows.

    By that logic, Obito's reasons for gathering them didn't matter either, and it all falls back to Madara. The point remains that taking advantage of someone having a similar goal is not manipulation (especially when in the end you fail), it's simply using them, which is not the same. In that regard, Obito is quite skillful, as he has used even someone as smart as Itachi.
    • His training with Jiraiya doesn't matter considering the fact that he only started using the Rinnegan standards after he met Obito. I'm not exactly sure how the summoning of Gedo Mezo has weight on his proficiency with said standard jutsu.
    • Entirely your own opinion.
    • When your Opponent has the ability to literally teleport to where you are, being in a less than adequate physical state to deal with him should he decide to appear in front of you, I'd say, would be cause for worry.
    • Versus Jiraiya, even if it was auditory, instead of ocular he has shown that he is susceptible to it.
    • Yes, "went along," because Nagato hasn't shown that he is easily moldable.

    Obito Never had plans separate from Madara, so that's moot. If anything, that would be happening very recently because he just said that he might become the ten tails Jinchuriki. My whole thing is Nagato can't be given points where points are not deserved. Especially where Obito is concerned because it just comes across as character bashing. It's like the people that say Obito only beat Konan because of Izanagi, completely ignoring the circumstances of said situation in favor of bashing Obito.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; May 13, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

  7. #1492
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Poke-france.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,779
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    He knew enough of what exactly? Because he said that they both ended up being used, that means that he had an inkling that Obito's plans were different? That sounds like an assumption in my opinion. Keep in mind, he said this after being revived. It has already been implied that Itachi, while alive, was on to Obito. He even states he knew more than Nagato. So Nagato having a chance to reflect after being revived doesn't mean much.
    It doesn't specify, but the point remains that Nagato did know something was up. It fits perfectly with what else we know, like how they had been watching Obito to discover the secret of his ability for years. Unless he was told otherwise after being revived, he wouldn't know anything he didn't already know. And Itachi says that he thought he knew more and then continued with a but, which suggest that he didn't know more.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    And Nagato has been a tool, even in the literal sense, for others on a constant basis, Under the belief of divinity. Even before his divine mindset, his own goals stemmed from Yahiko's. He never once was his own person. Even if Obito has been out maneuvered or outsmarted as you say, how is there less of a reason to believe that it would have been different in this case when it had been exactly that for years regarding this individual? You're giving Nagato credit for what others have done at best. How would Obito not know of Nagato plans when he is the one that practically started the Organization as it was? That doesn't change facts here. The fact of the matter is Nagato, having far more experience and hardships than Naruto, let his entire belief system be changed by him. As the story progressed, we learned that Naruto's "savior" status isn't the only thing that allowed him to change Nagato. Turns out Nagato had been a tool for practically all his life. I understand why the conversation came to where it was. However, giving Nagato credit over Obito given all we know in regard to the former's character, at least in that regard just comes across as character bashing.
    Constant basis? He wasn't a tool for Yahiko, they were comrades who had faith in one another. Fail to see how that makes him not his own person.

    How? Because when conducting his own plans, Obito sucks at bring them about. And because Konan, who's far weaker then Nagato, came considerably close to defeating him. How would starting the organization inform Obito of what Nagato truly intended to do? At best, all he would know is the cover story about using the Bijuus to start wars. Nearly every character changed by Naruto has been in the same situation, Nagato is hardly unique there. And a tool? Perhaps. The argument isn't that Nagato was used, which has been acknowledged, it was that he got manipulated. Nagato seem very much aware that Obito intended to used him.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    • His training with Jiraiya doesn't matter considering the fact that he only started using the Rinnegan standards after he met Obito. I'm not exactly sure how the summoning of Gedo Mezo has weight on his proficiency with said standard jutsu.
    • Entirely your own opinion.
    • When your Opponent has the ability to literally teleport to where you are, being in a less than adequate physical state to deal with him should he decide to appear in front of you, I'd say, would be cause for worry.
    • Versus Jiraiya, even if it was auditory, instead of ocular he has shown that he is susceptible to it.
    • Yes, "went along," because Nagato hasn't shown that he is easily moldable.
    • The summoning of the Gedo Mazo is a Rinnegan ability, one which he had used at least twice before joining with Obito. There's nothing to suggest that Nagato hadn't been using the Rinnegan abilities before joining with Obito. At the very least, he clearly knew several of the abilities before that.
    • How is it an opinion when that's what's been shown. Up until the most recent battle, all Obito used in battle was Kamui and in order to do any damage to him, all his opponents had to figure out a way around it. even in the current battle, he's still using Kamui the most. He has other techniques true, but he doesn't tend to use them beyond an occasion or two.
    • Being able to not just sense where said opponent is near, but still capable of skill combat even in a weaken state, doesn't leave much to worry.
    • Ah, right.
    • Who has molded him? Obito didn't mold Nagato into anything and Naruto merely changed him back to his self before Yahiko's death.

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Obito Never had plans separate from Madara, so that's moot. If anything, that would be happening very recently because he just said that he might become the ten tails Jinchuriki. My whole thing is Nagato can't be given points where points are not deserved. Especially where Obito is concerned because it just comes across as character bashing. It's like the people that say Obito only beat Konan because of Izanagi, completely ignoring the circumstances of said situation in favor of bashing Obito.
    Outside of gathering the Bijuus and reviving Madara, everything Obito has done has been his own plans. It was his plan to attack Konoha with the Kyuubi, his plan of creating Akatsuki, his plan of messing around at the summit, and his plan of going to war. Him planing on becoming the Juubi Jinchuuriki is just one more straw on the pile. Obito doesn't get the point because he didn't do any manipulation. All he did was use Nagato, just like he used Itachi and Kabuto. But none of them were fooled by him, they knew what was up and only went along because it served their own plans. That's not manipulation, which was how this discussion began.

  8. #1493
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12


  9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  10. #1494
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Found this on Google and I just had to post it :

    Spoiler show

  11. #1495
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    16
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Found this on Google and I just had to post it :

    Spoiler show
    A repost O.o

    This was seen somewhere here in the Naruto section XD It's still funny though XD

  12. #1496
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven 0 View Post
    A repost O.o

    This was seen somewhere here in the Naruto section XD It's still funny though XD
    Didn't know that.

  13. #1497
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Knightmare of heaven 0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    16
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    474
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12


  14. #1498
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    while Itachi has shown nothing out of Sharingan.
    Serious question: Do you really think Itachi has shown nothing outside the Sharingan or am I unable to understand the joke? I'm really confused here.

  15. #1499
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    32,232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Show me a fight where Itachi fought without Sharingan. He beat Kakashi with Tsukuyomi, used Sharingan genjutsu on Deidara, and even started out fighting Kurenai with Sharingan.

    I'm talking about what we've seen, not what we haven't seen in the manga.

  16. #1500
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ҂136th Floor
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    958
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is Sasuke?

    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Show me a fight where Itachi fought without Sharingan. He beat Kakashi with Tsukuyomi, used Sharingan genjutsu on Deidara, and even started out fighting Kurenai with Sharingan.

    I'm talking about what we've seen, not what we haven't seen in the manga.
    I obviously can't show you a fight, where Itachi fought without the Sharingan. But you claimed he has no feats outside of the Sharingan, which is completely different from "he never fought without the Sharingan".

    This is not a manga about Itachi. He is not the main character and not even one of the main cast. But Kishi showed (manga) and told (manga + databook) us enough feats of Itachi, which he would still have without the Sharingan.

    Besides, Itachi pushed back Kakashi rather easily with his sheer combat speed, lol. What he did before Tsukuyomi was all not Sharingan related. Tsukuyomi was just the quick finisher. He had the upper hand against two Jounins even before Tsukuyomi.

Thread Closed
Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts