Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto 582 Discussion / 583 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by bigman View Post
    Yeah but come on, you have 6 leaders each with guards attending a meeting. He thinks hes gonna quietly slit Danzo's throat and disappear? The Kages already didn't' trust one another so things were tense and everyone was on alert, I don't know why Sasuke thought he could do that with his silly team even if Zetsu didn't screw things up.
    As I said, I think it was already a stupid plan to hide in this building. But I don't think Sasuke wanted to kill Danzou in front of anyone, otherwise there is no point for Zetsu to warn the Kages if Sasuke didn't care about that.

This is going off topic and it's partially my fault, sorry. I'm moving the posts to the hangout thread.
    Last edited by Gats; April 11, 2012 at 12:48 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bigman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That was never the plan. The plan was to find Danzou, finish buisiness, and get out. He had no idea his allies would ruin his plan and actually WANT him to fight through the worlds strongest ninja in a gauntlet. I guess you could say that it was stupid to trust Tobi, but still, Sasuke dying right there would have been detrimental to Tobi's plans, so he likely expected he wouldn't put him into too much of an unwinnable situation for fear of losing a pawn. Thus, he wasn't unneccessarily dumbed down like he was in the recent chapter, once again, making it a different scenario.
    Like I said before, the fact that he thought he could sneak into a summit of 6 leaders all with guards, all who don't trust one another and are on high alert. Quietly kill one of them and disappear, is a borderline retarded in my eyes.

Sasuke's idiocy is mostly due to his arrogance and is different than Naruto's idiocy, but have their retarded moments.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    As I said, I think it was already a stupid plan to hide in this building. But I don't think Sasuke wanted to kill Danzou in front of anyone, otherwise there is no point for Zetsu to warn the Kages is Sasuke didn't care about that.

This is going off topic and it's partially my fault, sorry. I'm moving the posts to the hangout thread.
    Can't be helped, there's hardly anything to discuss about these last two chapters.
    If anyone knows of more mangas where twisted things are norm and insanity reigns supreme, please feel free to share.
    Props to Smokes for suggesting "ReBirth: The Lunatic Taker", it definitely made the list.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto Hangout Thread v.12

Quote Originally Posted by bigman
    Like I said before, the fact that he thought he could sneak into a summit of 6 leaders all with guards, all who don't trust one another and are on high alert. Quietly kill one of them and disappear, is a borderline retarded in my eyes.

Sasuke's idiocy is mostly due to his arrogance and is different than Naruto's idiocy, but have their retarded moments.
    Well if I ever manage to understand how any of that dulls his actual battle abilities I'm maintaining that Sasuke's getting screwed over by plot necessity. Bad decisions=/=lack of physical capabilities. Sasuke is too fast and too resourceful to blame his inability to notice the entire battlefield changing on his emotional mindstate. Sasuke was so fueled with rage that he was willing to walk into hell to kill Danzou, so walking into the Kage Summit can be blamed on his rage.

But this? He's vacant the whole damn time. It can't even be blamed on prior personality traits in the manga. It's just dumb.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if I ever manage to understand how any of that dulls his actual battle abilities I'm maintaining that Sasuke's getting screwed over by plot necessity. Bad decisions=/=lack of physical capabilities. Sasuke is too fast and too resourceful to blame his inability to notice the entire battlefield changing on his emotional mindstate. Sasuke was so fueled with rage that he was willing to walk into hell to kill Danzou, so walking into the Kage Summit can be blamed on his rage.

But this? He's vacant the whole damn time. It can't even be blamed on prior personality traits in the manga. It's just dumb.
    But couldn't we say the same thing about Naruto running into a tree randomly (something that was never explained) and getting tripped by Zetsu despite his sensing ability? Kishi does this, its only fair both characters get this treatment.
    If anyone knows of more mangas where twisted things are norm and insanity reigns supreme, please feel free to share.
    Props to Smokes for suggesting "ReBirth: The Lunatic Taker", it definitely made the list.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of the Kage summit, the way Danzo got discovered was kinda stupid. I mean, the audience was given indications of something strange going on due to the fact that we could see Danzo's thoughts, and facial expressions. However, none of the characters were shown noticing the way Danzo presented himself. Ao just so happened to "not like the situation" and boom Danzo gets caught. That's blatant bull crap if I ever saw it. If Ao was shown to have at least noticed Danzo smiling, then it would have been believable. However, he just doesn't like the situation? What kind of crap is that? " Oh the situation is not going in favor of my village, there must be shenanigans afoot, byakugan!"

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

why has the thread of this chapter's predictions been closed? the others(older than it) are still opened...

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigman
    But couldn't we say the same thing about Naruto running into a tree randomly (something that was never explained) and getting tripped by Zetsu despite his sensing ability? Kishi does this, its only fair both characters get this treatment.
    Nope, for the simple fact that it fits with his predisplayed character personality. Naruto has done goofball stuff throughout the whole manga, so seeing it happen there isn't suprising no matter how disappointing it is. Sasuke has done dumb things, sure, but never because he flatout was absent minded or aloof. He was either fueled by anger and not thinking straight, or he's lulled into a false sense of security by the fact that his opponent is downed.

Now, if Sasuke was standing there, seething with hatred and trying to smash Kabuto with Susanoo fists instead, he'd keep with Part 2's shown character traits and I'd have to just accept it. There'd be no need to cry shenanigans because he was just being Sasuke. But he wasn't being Sasuke right then. He was being... I dunno, Sakura. Or Naruto.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    True, true, but it was Oro's power on top of Kabuto's power.
    Regardless one would have to be cautios.
    In Sasuke's defence, he sobered up after Kabuto used that white thingy
    Outside his medical ninjutsu, what powers did Kabuto have? The combination would have really only been Orochimaru with a close range technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Well it would see how the chakra is molded, same way as the Sharingan.
    Maybe its eyes wouldn't autocopy it, but it would be an advantage for sure.

Regarding the armour, say someone can pierce it, like the Third Raikage's hellfinger.
    With a Raiton Armour on top of his impressive speed he would be able to deal with it, and not only that, it would further enhance his Sharingan ability imho by overcharging his synapses.
    I would prefer a Raiton Armour clad Sasuke battling a Sage Mode Naruto instead of an EMS/Susanoo spammage from Sasuke and Kyuubi chakra/Rasengan spammage from Naruto
    Somewhat an advantage, but still not much more then outright being taught the technique. Mainly would only be useful for learning techniques that didn't require handseals.

But Sasuke still has his speed usage with Susanoo, along with range attacks and an extended reach. And Sasuke's been pretty good at balancing his MS usage with his regular attacks.

They weren't gonna kill Danzo at the summit itself. The only reason they were there was to figure out what Danzo looked like. According to Suigetsu's plan, they wouldn't have attacked Danzo until the summit had ended and he was on his way back to Konoha, when neither side would e expecting his arrive and thus unlikely to send anyone to check up on him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    They weren't gonna kill Danzo at the summit itself. The only reason they were there was to figure out what Danzo looked like. According to Suigetsu's plan, they wouldn't have attacked Danzo until the summit had ended and he was on his way back to Konoha, when neither side would e expecting his arrive and thus unlikely to send anyone to check up on him.
    That kind of doesn't make sense to me with a sensor like Karin on the team. You'd only have 3 people returning in the direction of Konoha after the summit and Karin would sense 3 people leave in that direction and could easily tell Sasuke to pursue. And only one of the 3 people heading in that direction would have a giant red and white Hokage hat... sooooo I don't see the need to enter the summit just to sneak a peek.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Well if it makes you feel better maybe Itachi just put up Susanoo quicker than Sasuke and already wrapped his Susanoo around Sasuke and that's why Sasuke didn't bother to put his up.

Who knows, I'm actually not concerned with that. I'm kind of concerned at how... dare I say boring these last 2 or 3 months have been. This is the longest I can remember where Naruto is on the same level of Bleach, both being "meh" to me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That kind of doesn't make sense to me with a sensor like Karin on the team. You'd only have 3 people returning in the direction of Konoha after the summit and Karin would sense 3 people leave in that direction and could easily tell Sasuke to pursue. And only one of the 3 people heading in that direction would have a giant red and white Hokage hat... sooooo I don't see the need to enter the summit just to sneak a peek.
    Unless Karin met Danzo before, she would have no way to identify his chakra from any other random person walking around and depending on the location of the Iron Country, the way towards Konoha would not have been an uncommon route. Plus they probably had no idea what Danzo could be wearing, especially given that Danzo wasn't even dressed as Hokage at that time.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless Karin met Danzo before, she would have no way to identify his chakra from any other random person walking around and depending on the location of the Iron Country, the way towards Konoha would not have been an uncommon route. Plus they probably had no idea what Danzo could be wearing, especially given that Danzo wasn't even dressed as Hokage at that time.
    Danzo did have his big red/white hat on him so its hard to not notice that. But even so, if Karin can conclude the Leaf are coming for them here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v40/c365/5.html I'm pretty sure she could tell which ninja are going towards Konoha. And about chakra she clearly determines that they are ninja by their quantity of chakra over regular people.

I still say that would of made for the smarter plan if they just wanted to take him out quietly.

---------- Post added at 12:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Also lets not forget she found Danzo without ever laying eyes on him or anything http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v50/c464/11.html

So to imply they couldn't wait until the summit was over to do that doesn't make sense to me.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Danzo did have his big red/white hat on him so its hard to not notice that. But even so, if Karin can conclude the Leaf are coming for them here http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v40/c365/5.html I'm pretty sure she could tell which ninja are going towards Konoha. And about chakra she clearly determines that they are ninja by their quantity of chakra over regular people.

I still say that would of made for the smarter plan if they just wanted to take him out quietly.
    But Danzo wasn't wearing it. It was down on his hip. And like I said, depending on where the Iron Country is and route of travel, they wouldn't be able to tell where someone was going until they reached a certain point. Sasuke, Danzo, and Naruto all took various routes from Konoha to the Iron Country, so it's not like there would only be a single possible route. Don't forget, the Kazekage and Mizukage would also presumably be traveling a similar route home.

Also lets not forget she found Danzo without ever laying eyes on him or anything http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v50/c464/11.html

So to imply they couldn't wait until the summit was over to do that doesn't make sense to me.
    But she did lay eyes on Danzo. Remember, Team Taka was there when Danzo and gang walked into the summit.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But Danzo wasn't wearing it. It was down on his hip. And like I said, depending on where the Iron Country is and route of travel, they wouldn't be able to tell where someone was going until they reached a certain point. Sasuke, Danzo, and Naruto all took various routes from Konoha to the Iron Country, so it's not like there would only be a single possible route. Don't forget, the Kazekage and Mizukage would also presumably be traveling a similar route home.

But she did lay eyes on Danzo. Remember, Team Taka was there when Danzo and gang walked into the summit.
    Alright, I'll give you those points you stated. But I still don't know where you got that the initial plan was to just sneak a peek at Danzo when Sasuke says this:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/naruto/v48/c453/15.html

Which supports my initial claim. And lets not forget he was on his way to take on an entire village with himself and 3 arguably decent but not amazing ninja. However, you look at it both plans were retarded and he acted as though they were both sure victories due to his arrogance. Its just another kind of dumb in my book.
    Last edited by bigman; April 12, 2012 at 12:12 AM.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'll give you those points you stated. But I still don't know where you got that the initial plan was to just sneak a peek at Danzo when Sasuke says this:

Which supports my initial claim. And lets not forget he was on his way to take on an entire village with himself and 3 arguably decent but not amazing ninja. However, you look at it both plans were retarded and he acted as though they were both sure victories due to his arrogance. Its just another kind of dumb in my book.
    It is known to be a mistranslation from this scanlation team. The team didn't bother to correct that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was just a simple mistranslation. I would say that the fact that Sasuke didn't just jump out and attack when he first saw Danzo, but left him be while him and his team began to sneak out shows that he wasn't foolish enough to intent to fight Danzo there. And Karin mentions their plan here.

I don't see the issue with Team Taka heading to Konoha, since we don't know what his plan would have been. If Sasuke used Kirin beforehand, that definitely would have given them the means to do plenty of damage before even entering the village. In addition, Suigetsu and Juugo basically being immune to physical damage would given them a great edge against most ninjas, especially after they had already been weaken by the lightning blast.

Thread Closed
Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast